Rap Listeners OnlyMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter sUn
  • 138 comments
  • 5,732 views
Hyperglide
Morbid Curiousty and a thirst for new material lead me from these posts to actually getting this song and I... LOVED.... IT! Great track! It' s not a negative rap song about drugs, sex, pimping, slinging rocks, or growing up in the ghetto. Awesome and original rap song/hip hop! I can't even remember him saying a cuss word either. Not that swearing is a bad thing but that's rare in todays rap to not even hear ONE swear word in a whole song! Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem. I am always getting sick of raps about drugs,sexs, and woman. Any rapper that does it different - gets my respect. That is why The Last Emperor and Canibus are great rappers.
 
For good hiphop check out this video:


http://www.subboards.com/real/ram/binaryfuseinhi.ram


The reunion of Binary Star live on stage in 2005... well only for now. The group isn't back but they're back. If you never heard of binary star check out this video AND their album Masters of the Universe because it's classic and they speak truth.



The songs performed are:

*Honest Expression

*K.G.B.

The darker guy of the 2 now goes by the name One Be Lo and recently put out a new album called S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. which is also really good.
 
besides this i like Synthesizer and Reggea :dunce: who cares.. anyway


Nas, The Game, Eazy-E ,Dre ,Snoop, Mobb Deep,
M.O.P ,Cypress Hill , Notorious Big, Wu Tang Clan, De-La-Soul
Redman, Quan, Jim Jones, Cam'ron, Game, Lil Flip, Jadakiss
Fat Joe, The Roots.. couple of them ...


grtz
 
You guys want to hear a messed up Raggae/Rap/Techno hybrid song check out this joint. Trust me, it grows on you.

Lord Kossity feat. Daddy Mory & Krys - Dancehall Soldiers (Military Riddim)
 
I ordered this a couple of days ago:

Black Market Militia

NSD115CD.jpg


The Odd Couple - Alcohol/ism

BRK049CD.jpg


One Be Lo - S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M.

FB35114CD.jpg


The Perceptionists - Black Dialogue

DJX103CD.jpg


Youngblood Brass Band: Center Level Roar

OZO88902CD.jpg
 
I myself am a Screwhead, for those that dont know screwed music = slowed down music. Screwed up music originated in Houston,Texas by the late great DJ Screw around 92' and didnt get around till late 99'-00'(I been listening to screw since 95'-96'). But i mainly listen to Swisherhouse mixtapes with nothing but strait flows on them.

Current CD's in my cd player is- (1.)PaulWall-How to be a player (2.)Z-Ro- Let the truth be told(Screwed and Chopped) (3.)BossHoggOutlawz-In the begining 2k5
 
@ smellysocks: I've got some of Binary Star's songs, the one I've been listening to a lot is reality check.

Anybody here listen to MF Doom? If not, I highly recommend checking him out.
 
screenshark
@ smellysocks: I've got some of Binary Star's songs, the one I've been listening to a lot is reality check.

Anybody here listen to MF Doom? If not, I highly recommend checking him out.


You can download the entire album on One Be Lo's website (one of the artists of the group, so it isn't illegal).

http://www.subterraneousrecords.com/motu.html


About MF Doom, I gave him so many chances but I just can't get into him. He bores me with his raps, to me he sounds like a rapper who stopped trying.
 
Cage%20Hells%20Winter.jpg


By the way, I recently got my hands on a promo copy of this album which comes out on September 20th and it sounds great. Here's the tracklist:

Cage - Hell's Winter (release date 09-20-2005)

1. Good Morning NY (Feat. El-P, Matt Sweeney and James from Yo La Tengo) 3:48
2. Too Heavy For Cherubs (Prod by Blockhead) 3:36
3. Grand Ol Party Crash (Feat. Jello Biafra) (Prod by DJ Shadow) 5:01
4. The Death Of Chris Palko (Feat. Camu Tao) (Prod by Camu Tao & El-P) 3:23
5. Stripes (Prod by Blockhead & El-P with James of Yo La Tengo) 4:48
6. Shoot Frank (Feat. Daryl Palumbo) (Prod by RJD2) 4:22
7. Scenester (Prod by Blockhead) 3:51
8. Perfect World (Prod by El-P & Camu Tao) 3:40
9. The Subtle Art Of The Breakup Song (Prod by El-P) 3:07
10. Peeranoia (Prod by PAWL) 3:39
11. Weathermen Gang (Feat. Aesop Rock, El-P, Tame 1 & Yak Ballz) (Prod by Camu Tao & El-P) 3:30
12. Public Property (Prod by Camu Tao) 3:52
13. Lord Have Mercy (Prod by El-P) 3:24
14. Hell's Winter (Prod by El-P with Matt Sweeny on Guitar) 5:09



It's a weird album, but I really enjoy it. Definitely a must buy for me.
 
Ooh, Blockhead. Good producer. Do you have his album Music By Cavelight? Not rap, but good nonetheless.

Lyrics Born is pretty badass, too. His album Same **** Different Day is very nice. I think it might be his first solo album.

And if you like rap covers, you should really, really, really check out Ben Fold's cover of *****es Ain't **** (use your imagination - it's an old Dre song).
 
No, I don't have that blockhead cd. I did give it a listen once, but just instrumental albums bore me. Same with RJD2, I like him as a producer, but I can't listen to his solo albums. I'm still looking forward to Stoupe's (of Jedi Mind Tricks) solo album, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't like it either.


I'll search for that song you mentioned.
 
No offence but if you can't enjoy Madvillain, you don't deserve ears ;)
 
I've given madvillain more than 3 chances to get me into it, but I just don't like it. I don't get the entire hype around it. It's a producer with decent beats with some rapper who sounds like he doesn't even put effort into it. Not to mention there aren't even real songs on it, it sounds more like a snippet album sampler to give you a flavor of the REAL album.
 
I agree how you think it sounds like a sampler since Doom usually just spits one long verse instead of the traditional verse chorus verse chorus verse, but saying doom sounds like he puts no effort into it? His flow may be a little off every once and a while, but his lyrics are way better than most rappers. As for the beats, other than a few of the songs, there really aren't many bad things you can say about madlib's production on this album.
 
The production on the album isn't bad, I never said that, but none of the beats blow me away. Yeah a couple did, but those were instrumental interludes of less than a minute long. And I wouldn't have minded if doom's flow would have been off at times, it's just that he doesn't have a flow at all on the album. It's obvious to me that he can flow, just listen to the latest De La Soul album, but on Madvillain I don't hear much of that. You say his lyrics are better than most rapper's.... hmmm I dunno which others you listen to, but I don't think they're anything special.


I rather listen to this album instead, mostly madlib produced and I think it's more impressive overall, and medaphoar isn't even such a great mc either, but this album DOES work:

STH2108CD.jpg
 
All I gotta say is Juvenile - Back That Azz Up is and always will be my most Fav. Rap song! :D:tup:
 
I've been listening to a few of Common's albums lately, Be and One Day It'll All Make Sense. Also been listening to Big L - The Big Picture again. Deadly Combinations and the '98 Freestlye are two great tracks
 
rollazn
Canibus is one hell of a freestyle rapper, he is quick minded and very intelligent. Of course he being a physic teacher before entering the rap game is just another reason why he is so intelligent.

Canibus is a good freestyler, but I don't really think he could be called intelligent. He seems to throw big words into a verse just to give the appearance, but on "Making A Name For Ourselves" (on Common's One Day It'll All Make Sense), they spit the line "Since I made the name Canibus a name you fear, stay scared, I'm still your worst nightmare squared. That's double for n***ers who ain't mathematically aware"

Anyone who thinks doubling a number is the same as squaring it shouldn't really be a physics teacher.

Funnily enough, I like his track "N***onometry". Bit of a funky beat, reminds me of Black Lung Brothers a bit. Their album's pretty decent too.
 
I got Fabulous' new album and I've got to say it's a disappointment. I've never really rated him, partly because I've not listened to him a lot and partly because I just see him as another generic rapper. The only tracks I liked really were "In My Hood" and "Po Po". The rest was, as I said before, the product of a generic rapper.
 
Back