rate-a-car

• Thread starter gt4 racer
  • 345 comments
Lots of cars are being repeated.

Why not post a dwindling list of remaining cars, in the first message?
That list will be smaller than what has already been rated.

Also, giving a rating for cars that you have never driven is not very objective and is misleading. The Xsara, for instance, was slagged with a 70/100, when, in fact, it is a great handling rally car. Used in that context, it works well. I used the Arcade version in a competition, recently, and it gave great results, with the pedal floored nearly all around Swiss Alps. Try it, first.

Cheers,

MasterGT

This thread can give the wrong idea about a car.
It would be more useful if marks were given for various catagories and by more than 1 person. At 17 pages hasnt every car been done?

Toyota Supra SZ-R

This is from TunerVision/CNG/RacerX's (now dead) thread.

Great power upgrades available, and naturally-aspirated Supra allows a newb to get familiar with the SZ-R easier than more powerful turbo versions of the Supra. 6-speed tranny stock 👍. Good drifter's choice. 160+ top speed stock. Great looks, familiar to all..aerodynamic profile.

On the other hand, it's a bit "nervous" :nervous:...not a good car for someone with less experience once the power is upped. Fishtails at times...you will need to confront this eventually with suspension and LSD settings (again, this rules out all the newbs who get attracted to a car like a Supra)--Stock suspension settings very stiff up front and loose in the rear. Standing-start acceleration is a bit average without TCS. Not the fastest of Supras.

But for me personally I'll rate it an 8 out of 10 despite all the minuses...for me it's a great car to "get the job done!" :)

Next car: BMW 328 Ci!

Last edited:
Toyota Supra SZ-RNext car: BMW 328 Ci!

It can do whatever you want it to do, it can carve apexes, it can drift, and it can accelerate for a heavy coupe. It also has one of the best sounds fully tuned, most cars don't sound that appealing fully tuned. It's too bad you can't get a RM in GT3, or I would use this as a JGTC car. Most of all it's a BMW, german engineering at it's finest. 90/100

Next Car: TVR Cerbera Speed 12

9/10 This car is great, much more driveable than in GT4. Tremendously capable in a straight line, but also handles quite well if tuned. A great car for intermediate drivers.

Next....Mitsubishi FTO LM.

Next....Mitsubishi FTO LM.
Ahh yes, the famous FTO LM, one of the few 4WD race cars. It can turn very well for a 4WD car, it can dominate on the track. But since it's 4WD, it's hard to get the rear tires to fry faster. It still offers as much downforce as a Mazda 787B. If I remember correctly, it can do wheelies too. 👍 95/100.

Next car: Honda S2000 (Not the race one or the tuner ones.)

Next car: Honda S2000 (Not the race one or the tuner ones.)

The Honda S2000 was one of my favourite cars in GT3......I used to have a black tuned one that looked like the one in the fast and the furious (come on.....the one in the movie looks at least half decent 👍 ).

Back to the stock version, I think the handling is one of the best balanced in the whole game, under or oversteer is minimal, and the limit is set very high! As long as you use your head while driving it, it can outhandle lots of other sportscars, but you have to rev the nuts out of it in order to keep momentum. It doesn't have torque, but the well-matched gear ratios and the rev-happiness of the engine make up for that.

The sound is also something special, especially in the high third of the rev-band, its really nice (or at least I seem to like it :scared: )

Next car : Honda NSX Type R (please only rate it if it is white :sly: )

Umm... there are 2 ZZ's in GT3 so I guess I'll do both.

ZZ-S: 80/100. It looks funky (a good thing), is small and agile, and mid-engined. A great combo. My fully tuned ZZ-S is the perfect car when I want a challenge in Arcade Mode, because it just BARELY makes it into the Calsonic Skyline's class. So it's a bit slower than the other cars and makes for a great challenge.

ZZ-II: 85/100. What can I say? It looks sweet, runs with LM cars, but is still a road car. The engine sounds cool too, and PD improved it even more in GT4.

NEXT CAR: Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car.

:-)

meh, not a bad car. 70/100. i like it's looks
next up: Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept.

Lots of power, lots of torque (duh) 6-speed tranny stock. Mmmm...heavy, intimidating looks, lots of grip and great handling while the engine is still stock (assuming you know how to drive a Viper without spinning it, that is). NA power upgrades available.

Now the downsides: Lots of power ups but downforce can't be modified, so you wind up with a very fast car that handles poorly with long braking distances. If you wanna circuit-race a Viper in some of those faster events, you'd best buy an Oreca. :( Also, the Concept is heavy with acres of overhang, only comes in one color (red) and I believe the only way to get one is to win it.

I still rate it highish: 75/100

Next car: Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo.

Last edited:
NEXT CAR: Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car.

:-)
I've only played with it a little but it's fast and it sticks to the road like paint.

Next car: Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo.

One of my "workhorses". I used it quite a bit in the Amateur and Professional events. The Z can be really fast when hopped up. It can be difficult to tune the suspension with all that pony. Putting power to the ground and still making it turn at high speed is a delicate ballance. It looks pretty nice too.
Maybe I'm too generous, but I like Zs, and especially this beast. -82/100

It makes a crazy fun rally car too.

Next Car: Nissmo 400R

I've only played with it a little but it's fast and it sticks to the road like paint.

One of my "workhorses". I used it quite a bit in the Amateur and Professional events. The Z can be really fast when hopped up. It can be difficult to tune the suspension with all that pony. Putting power to the ground and still making it turn at high speed is a delicate ballance. It looks pretty nice too.
Maybe I'm too generous, but I like Zs, and especially this beast. -82/100

It makes a crazy fun rally car too.

Yes, I used a 300ZX for quite a few races, too. It's the low-priced sports car for yuppies, basically. I actually dug the way it would get nervous and fishtail once you got the power up. 👍

Can't rate the Nismo 400 since I never drove it, so I'm passing it on...

Last edited:
400R nice looks dosent really have 400hp its like 398 ?
its good for drifting got me throught some of the ameture events
75/100

Next car:Subaru impreza 22B

Back