RDR2 - What name have you given your first horse?

• Thread starter daan
  • 36 comments
Appart from the ones the game gives you, I had 2 horses named Ranger (I sold the first one to buy a black Arabian). The white Arabian one is named Merry.

That video :D

VXR
Not got out of chapter 1, but is that horse you start on yours to keep?

If so, I shall call him Horse D'oeuvre.
At the start of Chapter 2, you can go hunting with Hosea, and you get the opportunity to buy and name a horse. You can either sell your original horse, or keep it in the stables. I don't think you can rename the original horse.

I still haven't named my first horse but my second one is a blonde horse with a white mane called Dundee, and my third horse is a silver-gray, storm cloud-colored horse that I named Sun Raider.

I named my first horse Dave...Sent my guy to give it pat and he's like ... Good Girl :lol:

Apparently you can check these details out first....Oh well.

Elmer. ;)

Ok not really, I went with Layla since I had just finished listening to the song prior to playing the game.

I decided to do it for the retweets on Twitter from a certain subsection of fans that follow me, so I named my horse Shownu.

Probably gonna name my next horse Mexico. That, or Five Horse Johnson.

I call my Dappled Thoroughbred Atreius. Thats how i remembered the horse from neverending story. I know the horse is actually called Atreyu, but I like the name so i kept using the name for horses in games.

I thought the cinematic camera "cruise control" was a handy feature at first, but it managed to get my horse (level 4 bonding) killed, without me knowing how, because I stepped away for a smoke or bathroom break. So I only recommend using it while your physically there. A bit annoying that autosave saves directly after you respawn. I have the special edition, so I have the thoroughbred always available for free in the Valentine Stable.

First horse was Taylor. The following horses are T2, T3, and T4. Pretty creative huh? I know, I'm sorry.

No one can replace Taylor though. She is my OG.

On another game save I have horses with more ideal names. Rachel, Grayson, Berry, and Stanley.

Berry is a Missouri Fox Trotter. I named her after Chuck Berry, as he played most of his concerts at a local venue here in St. Louis. Chuck was an awesome guy from what I've heard. I met a very dear friend of Chuck recently and now I cant seem to get his music off my mind.

I named my 3 horses as

Qapikulu
Royal Sipahi
Akinci

Yes dont blame me I use to play a lot medieval 2 total war back in the day

Here is a few names i might put for my other horses like Scuderia, Ferrari, Enzo, Cataphract, Hussar, Royal Khan, Kheshig, Genghis, Atilla, Mamluk, Ghulam and Knight Rider.

Pre-order bonus was War Horse I named Jolly Jumper (Lucky Luke comics books). Then I travel at snows to tame my completely white Arabian.
Since Jolly Jumper is used, this one got name Lucifer. :)

At the moment:

Black American Standardbred: Ranger.
Silver Turkoman: Atom.
Rose Grey Arabian: Rose (yeah, not very original ^^).
Tiger Striped Bay Mustang: Rachel.

Big Fudge.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I called it Your Mum. I'm incredibly mature and I couldn't think of anything else.

I also killed Your Mum.

Last edited:

Once I buy a male horse, I will use that name...for the same reasons. One I may just straight up name Glue Bucket...

First horse was Taylor. The following horses are T2, T3, and T4. Pretty creative huh? I know, I'm sorry.

No one can replace Taylor though. She is my OG.

On another game save I have horses with more ideal names. Rachel, Grayson, Berry, and Stanley.

Berry is a Missouri Fox Trotter. I named her after Chuck Berry, as he played most of his concerts at a local venue here in St. Louis. Chuck was an awesome guy from what I've heard. I met a very dear friend of Chuck recently and now I cant seem to get his music off my mind.

Ah, from da Lou I see. I'm down here in Douglas County, out in the country. North of the Clampett's, east of Green Acres, West of Petticoat Junction, and south of Sam Drucker's store in Hooterville

An update on my current horses.

Still have Berry. A gorgeous Missouri Fox Trotter.

Black Arabian - Bought her to replace my Thoroughbred that I did not like. Named her Flicka from the movie Flicka.

Finally found a solid black American Halfbred. Named her Jaque.

Lastly I have an Ardennes because I missed the one I had in the beginning of the game. Such a hunk of meat and strong as can be. His name is Jare E. This is because the game did not allow me to name him Jerry. Guess that's a sin, not sure.

Once I buy a male horse, I will use that name...for the same reasons. One I may just straight up name Glue Bucket...

Ah, from da Lou I see. I'm down here in Douglas County, out in the country. North of the Clampett's, east of Green Acres, West of Petticoat Junction, and south of Sam Drucker's store in Hooterville
Whoa baby. You're way down there. I've been to Branson once, so I guess I came close by. I've always wanted to go to that place with tigers down there but never had the chance. I'm 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis on the Eastern side of the river. :)

Back