(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
United States
United States
nk4e
Welcome to the GTP's Gran Turismo 5 Drift Boards. Please announce yourself in this thread. If possible that you do have a question. Feel free to ask it here in this thread, also remember to follow the AUP and use our search bar and PM system. If you have questions about posting and what now: refer to either the Drift Faq or the GTP faq
================================================
If your looking for teams, please report to this subforum
Teams and Their leaders:

Tips section:

Its most likely his drifting. As soon as things start to go awry people start to find all excuses other than technique, like the car, their wheel, the tune, the track.

What it comes down to is if you put the practice time in, you will be drifting well enough in no time. Patience is a virtue they say, and I believe it.

Last edited:
Best of luck NK4E! I think the drift forums will be an even bigger nightmare to keep organized this time around. Glad to see someone trying to take charge and install a bit of order. 👍

To the rest of you: Welcome. Read the stickies and use the search to see if your question has been answered elsewhere before creating a new thread.

Hopefully this place will say nice, clean and easy to manage.

Anyway im not new to the GT series or drifting, but i'm new to GTPlanet, hopefully i'll get to meet some good guys to drift and maybe race with

Hopefully this place will say nice, clean and easy to manage.

Anyway im not new to the GT series or drifting, but i'm new to GTPlanet, hopefully i'll get to meet some good guys to drift and maybe race with

My sentiments exactly. I really appreciate the audience and community here at GTPlanet, everything seems so much..... calmer. Regardless, many of us drifters, including myself, would benefit greatly from a "Drifting Team" forum. I private messaged a couple super-moderators last night suggesting the idea, but I didnt get a response. Having a place to set up base, organize everything, talk about news, sessions, events, recruiting, etc. would greatly reduce clutter in the main "Drifting Forum." I hope to see a subsection added soon as I expect many teams creating "looking for members" and what-not in the coming weeks. Thanks for reading! :)

Delphic Reason - can you give us any new or info on if and when we could se the team sub section appearing :)

cheers

Hello all... very surprised my super old account still works...
used to drift alot in GT3 (skipped GT4 cause halfway into the game, my save file got corrupted #@$#$)

So trying to learn again how to go sideways in GT5 :)
Was having some trouble initially but after playing around in a Cappuccino, realized it wasn't as hard as i thought. Still need alot alot of practice.

So far all i can do are lift-off overs, power-overs and feints. Trying to do up some chains but is hard. Practicing on R246, best score i got was 8000+. Hopefully its not too bad for a start.

Here's my current drift weapon. (I hate it that i cannot have multiple setup saves for a single car - or is it just me?)
150868_10150349503285604_862110603_16515416_21237_n.jpg

Hello everyone. I have really taken a liking to drifting in GT5. i never was very good at it in GT4 or GT5P, but i practice daily for at least a half hour and have really improved. hope to see you all on drift nights sometime soon. ^_^

My car for drifting:

s131.jpg

s133j.jpg

I drifted a bit in GT4 and have been playing GT since GT3 ... spent a bit of time online tonight practicing with other people. Super fun drifting Tsukuba online with 8+ people!

Right now I am drifting with a 250hp '09 FT-86. It's mainly stock right now, just a few motor mods and paint. Any suggestions or setups? I can handle it pretty well but high speed drifts are iffy. I'm no pro but I can hold a slide ... any tips?

hello there. new guy here on GTPlanet. ive played every single GT game and have loved them all. im coming over here from the forzamotorsport.net forums, so things are a little different lol. but pretty much, im frisky. i drift. on here, forza and in real life. been featured on drifted.com twice so far and hoping to do a video soon. but enough of that. onto my main drift machine

the S15. cant stop using S15s no matter what

5216587479_e32ac7f5af_z.jpg

Not entirely new to drifting on GT or AFK, Used to do X-link a bit. Is it just me or is this missing wheel inch increments and Offset adjustments?
I'm getting back into the Groove of the whole online drifting thing with my Full Built S15, although I'm kinda struggling with the fine tuning right now, but it's getting there.
I'll be sure to see many of you out there sooner or later.
TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

And here is a Pic of my old GTS-T,
DSC01441.jpg

Last edited:
Delphic Reason - can you give us any new or info on if and when we could se the team sub section appearing :)

cheers

I think if there is a demand that new teams are popping and mixing in with general content. Then Jordan will create a sub-forum.

Been playing GT since the first one, been virtual drifting since GT3. New to GTPLANET though. I've been real life drifting since 2001, but stopped drifting because our track closed in 2006 :grumpy: Recently tried out rallyx on our temp track, (track is currently offroad only) its the closest I can get to "real" drifting for now. Before GT5, I wasted my money on korean drinky bar girls, lol. I like to use whatever cars to drift in GT5 and currently I'm a dual shock 3 controller drifter. I had a g25 back when prologue came out, but I sucked real bad at it. I might buy a g27 soon to try it out again.

one of my old drift videos from 2005, open diff and stock ka24de (installed a kaaz LSD not to long after)

me driving at a rallyx two weeks ago
4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, long time lurker on GTPlanet. Not new to GT or drifting (GT3 was my favourite for drifting) I am however new to drifting with a wheel and I have to say it's quite difficult at first. But I've been practising and it's getting there.

Mostly drifting the S13 ~200hp.

Some people already know who I am, but hi everyone.

HUGE drifting geek. Been competing since '05 and been pro ever since. I've driven in most big series in Europe and a D1GP exhibition match, and the funny thing is I learnt to drift on GT4 and then Enthusia.

Absolutely LOVE the drifting in GT5, it's UNBELIEVABLY realistic and have spent a good couple of hours a day doing it since the game came out.

Anyway, can't capture anything off the PS, so here's a vid of me in real life from bac in 2006 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNywnwj5MCQ

And here's a couple in the same car (rebuilt) from '08 :)

http://vimeo.com/1164938 (second half of the vid)

http://vimeo.com/1366620

I tend to only use my TwinTurboCH account on PSN, so add me and come skid :)

yo, Frisky and Denny...........my ps3 fan just took a crap so i wont be on gt5 for a few days till the new fan comes in, Hit me up with some friend request and we can drift in a few days.

I picked up GT5 on release day. I've been a hardcore GT fan since the first game. Right now my fav car to drift in is the TVR Speed 6. I look forward to spending some time online with you people. :-)

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

Last edited:
hey everyone ive been drifting from gt3 and been playing GT since the GT1 then i stopped for a bit and started to drift on forza 2 and made a drift team called the nasties (NSTY) moved on to forza 3 and then moved on back to GT5 and im happy to be back on here im ready to drift and get to know everyone here drift team will be forming soon hit me up psn:NSTY-NEO

cheers

Give it some time. As teams start cropping up, and the need arises, a new sub-forum will follow.

;)

Give it some time. As teams start cropping up, and the need arises, a new sub-forum will follow.

;)

ok cheers for getting back nice seeing some moderators that will answer questions and actually talk to people not only when there locking a thread or complaining like it tended to be over at FM.net

ok cheers for getting back nice seeing some moderators that will answer questions and actually talk to people not only when there locking a thread or complaining like it tended to be over at FM.net
Bold is where I also originate from.
I have been playing GT since GT1(But missed out on GT3 and GT4...:/).

(:

w00t GT5!! crazynutt here. Not that new to the GT series. Played GT4 for a bit, never drifted on it though. I've been on GT5 since day 1 and loving it. Never had a chance to drift in real life but I love watching it and doing it in a game. Did some drifting on GRiD but it's nothing like GT5. I've had the pleasure of being at the Formula D event in Atlanta, Ga (really in Braselton,Ga.) since their first event there. Looking to get with some good drifters here. I'm not the best but I have got better this past week. I did lurk here for a couple of days and learned a lot of stuff just reading. Site is setup good and looks great.

Till next time :)

Hi guys, not new to gtplanet, but maybe new to the drifting scene going on around here.

My main car is the S15, but i'm building and builded several now ready to finetune. Like C63 AMG, S13, old Mazda RX-7, M3,etc...

Yoo, Im new to GTPlanet, and GT in general lol, So far im gettin better and better at sliding, could tweak my suspension better though here is my two-tone beast

149281_181945231819792_100000129480226_693542_658369_n.jpg

Thinking about Tunning an FC, I hear that easier to slide in

I am loving the pictures guys 👍 welcome to GTP. Please follow the AUP and use the PM system and search bar!

Hey guys, I'm just learning over the last few days (after being a failure in prologue) im using a DFGT wheel
finally getting the hang of it, my fave car to drift so far is this old rx7.
20101203-p2w18xg1bsm155934rcnjb248n.jpg

I like this sylvia too when it's not understeering.
20101203-qqs8x6ifwd3eubxshm9rsa7i82.jpg

Last edited:
Back