(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
Hey guys, I just started drifting again, currently working on my first setup car. I played last night in a few rooms, I was in a Black Benz 190 2.5e Evo.

See you guys out there.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to drifting and I am hoping to spend some time learning when not doing photo shoots, Wangan events, time attacks. I tried drifting in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 using the controller. But I didn't understand how to in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue when I purchased a G27. Now that Gran Turismo 5 is finally out, I would like to try it out and hopefully to do well.

Last edited:
New to the GT Planet family. They call me double-0-7, my PSN is LR-SWD-007. I am a member of the Legit Racing League and am the leader of the Shadow Drift team. I have drifted with some of the regulars from here off and on.

Looking forward to drifting with some of you in the future.

I've been drifting since 4 and used to lurk and get my setups here :P

Now I'm actively drifting on the daily in GT5, my DFGT wheel comes next week so I'm on a DS3 right now, here are some pics I've snapped drifting.

High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway.jpg

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway_1.jpg

hello everyone i have been drifting since gt4 but have not been in the drift groups on this forum.. in gt5P i was drifting with a lot of people. and i would like to join you guys as well.:sly:

Its really nice to see people getting involved in drifting on GT5. Hopefully we can build a friendly community and see a lot of different people getting sideways. 👍

Hey guyz!

I am quite new to the GT series, GT5 being my first game from it, and rather new on these forums, although I've been lurking ish since this summer. I first took up an interest in drifting probably when I started watching Initial D a few years ago, but haven't done anything seriuz with it.

Now I find GT5 to be the perfect place to begin with learning how to drift virtually, which is VERY VERY hard for me, lol. I can barely get the car to slide.

If anyone can give me tips on what the best ways to drift are (and I don't want any noobish E-brake stuff that has no respect) and the best ways to recover more specifically that would be much appreciated!

I very much look forward to being a part of this scene :D.

A lot of you guys have probably saw me online already but suree heres a intro.
Truth: I browed gtplanet since gt5p. Ive been into gt since gt3 but with grip. gt5p i started drifting, but i gave up cause i sucked. I started really drifting on 6 days ago. :scared:

I drive this white badboy in the front.
5223779954_ce056288a8_b.jpg

As well as my wanna be rotobros supra
5231077402_d0d90481c5_b.jpg

Hey!! Im a veteran drifter from Forza and i finaly got a ps3 and gt 5 and the DFGT wheel...
So im looking for som people too drift whit.. Only have 1 PSN friend now:indiff:
My PSN: DADDY-JOSA

Previous drift teams: DUI and DOOMTREE
Now in NMK..

Hey everyone! Hope to have a chance drifting with you guys. Im basicly new to the GT series, only played GT5 Prolouge before. Didn't do much drifting in there and neither did i do alot of online racing but i hope that i can have fun, build up my drifting skills (which does not exist at the moment =/) and meet some nice people. My future goal is to join somekind of drift team.
PSN: MrXpain
Drifting in a Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO s15 and sometimes a Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec R33

Hello everyone i'm brand new drifter from Lithuania :sly: And all i learned is how to crash into the walls :( can any one help me how to enter and exit the corners and what car is best to do it in the beggining of drift carrer :) PSN - Vend1go
Using g27 and playseat .

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

So im new to drifting on GT5, at the moment im beginning to get to grips with it currently using my ae86. The main track i can do relatively well on is the High speed ring im fairly confident on 5 out 6 of the corners. Trying to do other tracks aswell but finding it pritty hard.
My ae86 is currently running custom suspension and comfort hards with nothing else.
Watching some of the videos you guys put is really inspiring me to practice loads. I wanna take it to the next step which seems to be setting my car up, so would love to join up with some of you lot and gain a better understanding. Im on GT5 most days in free run practicing so if any wants to add me up (Dannyc11) and share your wisdom i would be appreciate it.

ill be on from 9:30pm (uk time) tonight if any wants to join me and a couple of mates.

Peace Danny

Hello

I have came over from the drifting world of FM 3 I really never got on a team but i got the basics down on how to drift i am fairly confident on tsukuba circuit. But would really like to learn how to tune a car to perfection by my self. (PSN vader199355) Add me if you are interested in driftin around a little getting more use to cars and tracks.

Sup!!

Im new to the forum but a massive GT fan.
Started having a bit drift online over the weekend and really enjoying chaining around Autumn Ring and Tsubka. Got a fair few whips that drift real well:

S15
Siena-PiazzadelCampo.jpg

M3
DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Old Skool Merc 190
TheTopGearTestTrack_1.jpg

And last but not least,
Ahrweiler-TownSquare.jpg

It is absolutley mental!! Running silly power and when its hitting the limiter sounds like God having and orgasm!!

Anyway, add me up SnifferSneath
:)

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker and GT enthusiast since the days of the original GT! I only started drifting in GT4 and was decent with the controller. I just bought the DFGT for GT5 and I found out I really know nothing about drifting afterall :P. Looking forward to some fun times around here.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to drifting in GT, but have done a bit in real life, was a machine on forza. lol If anyone's keen to drift lemme know. I'm pretty horrid at the moment until I find somewhere to mount my G25 and I'll be all set.

if anyone could give me a few pointers on drifting in GT, I would be very grateful. cheers.

by the way, I'm using the FC RX-7 at the moment.

Last edited:
What's good peeps? I just started playing online. Maybe I have slid right by you in a a red Toyota Aristo. Hit me up so I can get my picture taken. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to GTP both of you. OZ, is that your XBL name as well? And you guys don't have to bold the lettering....I was hoping for one big one then starting your post.

Hi I'm new to GTP but its seems like a fun place. I drift in real life, in a team called Silhouette. www.teamsilhouette.com is our web site. I drift on Forza all the time but right now it's all about GT5.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on guys?!

New to GTP forums, but I've been a long time fan of drifting. I go to little local meetups/ etc . The Drifting physics in this game are crazy. Currently Tuning my S2k for a couple more degrees , But I do drift online in a Purple FD Rx-7. If any of you guys need help/suggestions Let me know.

I have been at the official GT website forums but there was not much regarding GT5 drifting and I just found this drifting forum today and signed up... Glad to find a place where the talk is all about drifting...

Some of you may have seen me in the drifting rooms at night - maybe not. I am currently driving an all white S15... Working on some other drift cars but nothing finalized as of yet...

I am also the leader of the drift team named NEMESIS. I just started the team last Friday as a means to get like-minded and skilled players together to have drift battles against each other and other teams... You can check out the team website by clicking the link in my signature...

At any rate, hope to see you guys online in the drift rooms...

Last edited:
im new to drifting, but as with all things GT i will dedicate myself to it untill i perfect it.

i hope they bring back score boards!!

PSN ID hjlamont

Hi all,

Right, I have never tried drifting before so thought that I would give it a bash last night.

Ground out done races to earn some capital and went and bought myself a Honda S2000 '06 upgraded and tuned it (big thanks to Ryjul240 for the tune).

So I hit the track. Autumn Mini. I should add at this point that I use a DFP wheel so I may be making things harder for myself from the off and boy is it hard.

The first hour was spent working on a set of corners that were quite flat but also quite open as I thought that gave me the best chance of actually catching a drift before hitting the wall. But, hit the wall I did many many times.

I think that I may have been a bit tentative to begin with, not carrying enough speed and not using enough opposite lock (boy do you have to spin that wheel a long way). I persevered.

After about 2 hours of failure I started to catch some drifts, albeit quite short and not very smokey. Then, to my great surprise, I hooked one up.

I captured it on my iPhone and uploaded it to YouTube, I have tried to add it below (I am on my iPhone now so it might not work). Would anyone be kind enough to look at it and give me some feedback on it?

Thanks

Scara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmaF8IiMBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Welcome, remember to read the stickies if you have any questions. Use the search bar/PM system and follow the AUP.

Yooo. My name is Albert and I'm new to GT planet. I used to come here during GT1/2 days for the prize car lists, and I've done some lurking during GT3/4, just to see how well I drifted by comparing my replays to people's drift competition videos.

I started drifting when GT3 came out. When GT4 was released, I picked up a DFP and started sliding with that. My PS2 died on me at the end of 2005(stupid non shielded subwoofers), and I just recently got back into video game drifting the day GT5 came out.

Figured I'd join now since we all play online and I'd be seeing a lot of you the interwebs. Hi.

Back