Real Life VS Standard Cars!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 63 comments
lotus_elan_s1__62_by_gt6_garage-d7dbdu2.jpg

autowp.ru_lotus_elan_s2_3.jpeg

autowp.ru_lotus_elan_s2_5.jpeg

In GT6 it may be an Elan S1 '62, but in real life, it looks like a Elan S2 '64.

lotus_elan_s1__62_by_gt6_garage-d7dbdu2.jpg

autowp.ru_lotus_elan_s2_3.jpeg

autowp.ru_lotus_elan_s2_5.jpeg

In GT6 it may be an Elan S1 '62, but in real life, it looks like a Elan S2 '64.
Yeah, if you look in the "list of cars represented incorrectly" thread, you find out there are a few mistakes with the Elan.

Yeah, if you look in the "list of cars represented incorrectly" thread, you find out there are a few mistakes with the Elan.
The mistakes are:

Lotus Elan S1 '62
Incorrectly modeled as the '64 version with the round tailights.

So, that Elan which is in GT6, is incorrectly modeled. So, it is an Elan S2 '64, not an Elan S1 '62.

Oh, wow, are we forgetting that there are some standards that actually look pretty good?

Or are we just focusing on the ugliest standards?

What really drives me up a wall is this: The 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) is a Premium model. Why isn't the 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R32)? Why isn't the 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 (R32)? And so on...

I'm not an expert in Nissan Skylines, but at a quick glance they appear almost identical to me. Let's say that they're not. Perhaps the V-Spec II has different headlights or taillights, or both. A professional 3D modeler could make those changes in a day or two at the most.

I think it's really cool that we have 1,000 different model Skylines & Miatas and any other cars that people love. But let's be honest, if you really love the R32 Skyline are you going to drive any of the Standard versions or are you going to drive the lone Premium version that we have? I know that they can't convert every car into a Premium because it literally involves re-doing hundreds of the cars from scratch. In this case, all PD really has to do is copy the Premium R32 that they already have, make any subtle cosmetic changes (if there are any) and voila! they now have several R32 Premium model cars.

Even if they couldn't have done all that for launch of GT6 they could have kept one single modeler on "Conversion Duty" and gone through the Skylines and Miatas and whatever else and taken care of this. Then cars could have been replaced during updates.

Am is there something I'm ignoring that would make this impossible?

What really drives me up a wall is this: The 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) is a Premium model. Why isn't the 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R32)? Why isn't the 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 (R32)? And so on...

I'm not an expert in Nissan Skylines, but at a quick glance they appear almost identical to me. Let's say that they're not. Perhaps the V-Spec II has different headlights or taillights, or both. A professional 3D modeler could make those changes in a day or two at the most.

I think it's really cool that we have 1,000 different model Skylines & Miatas and any other cars that people love. But let's be honest, if you really love the R32 Skyline are you going to drive any of the Standard versions or are you going to drive the lone Premium version that we have? I know that they can't convert every car into a Premium because it literally involves re-doing hundreds of the cars from scratch. In this case, all PD really has to do is copy the Premium R32 that they already have, make any subtle cosmetic changes (if there are any) and voila! they now have several R32 Premium model cars.

Even if they couldn't have done all that for launch of GT6 they could have kept one single modeler on "Conversion Duty" and gone through the Skylines and Miatas and whatever else and taken care of this. Then cars could have been replaced during updates.

Am is there something I'm ignoring that would make this impossible?
The difference between the 1993 and 1994 is the 1993 model is that the lights are a little squares.

1993 V-Spec:
images
images

1993-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-V-spec-BNR32.JPG
NISSAN-Skyline-GT-R-V-Spec--R32--4037_2.jpg

1994 V-Spec II:
nissan_skyline_gt_r_r32_v_spec_ii__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo-d75bea0.jpg
1994%20Nissan%20Skyline%20R32%20GTR%20V-Spec%20II%201.jpg
nissan-r32-gtr-china-4.jpg

Back