Really disappointed with this gamePS4 

There are different ways of complaining. For example, one option could be called constructive criticism, one could be called whining. How people respond to your opinions is usually less to do with the opinion itself and more about how it is presented.

The only allowed criticism there is too say the game is amazing, that Ian Bell is God and there's nothing wrong with the game.

I've seen people getting banned that were very respectful.

I wrote that some features were lacking like the offline championship in a very respectful way. Ian Bell himself replied to me that the game was the sim with the most features off all sims and closed the thread without allowing me to answer.
Like..... wtf?..... is this guy serious?

The forum is full of fortnite and minecraft kids. From the users to the moderators.

There are people there how says the game has zero bugs and all the reported bugs are made up.

It's retardedville.

The only allowed criticism there is too say the game is amazing, that Ian Bell is God and there's nothing wrong with the game.

I wrote that some features were lacking like the offline championship in a very respectful way. Ian Bell himself replied to me that the game was the sim with the most features off all sims and closed the thread without allowing me to answer.

The forum is full of fortnite and minecraft kids. From the users to the moderators.

There are people there how says the game has zero bugs and all the reported bugs are made up.

It's retardedville.
It's language like that that gets people banned.

I noticed 4 people got banned in the last 36 hours and they were all people I was surprised were around so long. Yes, you were one of them. When a member (not necessarily you, by the way) constantly moans and whinges and gripes and complains across multiple threads and takes the piss and calls members names, yeah, the mods' patience will finally snap and it's bye bye. What gets a lot of ordinary members' backs up are people that pop into unrelated threads to moan about something they've got a problem with, that is reported in an already appropriate thread. Or you get people who refuse to engage in actual debate or accept evidence that they are wrong, and resort to name calling.

I'm not a mod and I can tell you now, if I was then the forum would have even less members than it does now. My patience is far shorter than the mods.

Maybe you should check the thread about the Radical SR8 handling. Lots of criticism in there that something doesn't feel right but, you know, instead of people throwing their toys out of the pram and calling other people names, a number of people are actively engaged in trying to work out what's going on. It's not WHAT you criticise, it's HOW you criticise it. Start having a go at the mods or the developers (or even other members) and you'll be on a one-way ticket off the forum.

I'm sorry, but that's not true from what I've experience. Not calling you lier. We have different experiences in there as it seems.

I've registered in there with the purpose to get info, get answers for my questions and help if I could.

Until s**t hit the fan when I realise some in house users like to get personal when someone is more critic of the game or if someone question what they say.

I've been in here for some time and although I might write what I think without pillows, I was never disrespectful to anyone.

You know why? Cause no one was disrespectful to me.
It's that simple.

That's not what happens in there.

"When a member (not necessarily you, by the way) constantly moans and whinges and gripes and complains across multiple threads."

A user can be boring, can be harsh, but is that a forum or a worship place?
Of course you should not be disrespectful to users or the SMS staff.
The problem is that everything is disrespectful and offensive in there.

"and takes the piss and calls members names, yeah, the mods' patience will finally snap and it's bye bye."

The name calling for me and for the what I say the most, starts from the "worshippers" and no action is taken. So maybe that's the main problem in there. Double standards.

I use a lot of irony about some aspects of the game and people get offended.
I don't shut up when idiots start to talk trash about complainers.
I'm inconvenient for saying what it is about the games issues.

And the language I'm using here, I never used it in there. I'm using it here cause I got fed up.
Ok, I called once "pathetic" to one user but only after he made it personal to me.

I keept getting threatpa with bans and I keept remind them that I didn't violated any rule.
That's why you say you wonder why I didn't got banned.
Cause I didn't disrespected anyone.
Last time I lost my patience.

The first time I got banned, it was a month ban cause I quoted Ian.
Lol. Wtf?.... I quoted him. Ban one month. Lol

Ian himself came saying people complaining were only trolls, and from there you can see the mentality.

I don't intent to get back there, as there's no useful information in there for me.
But that's a little North Korea run by Fortnite kids.

But I wrote too much and it's getting out of topic. You made your point, I made mine, we both are users in there although I don't recall you (seems I'm more famous for the wrong reasons lol) and we both have different views. No use to continue.
Cheers.

Last edited:
The reason I write repeatedly about the same things is that, does anyone honestly think that things will change for the better if we keep silent, or write ONE post and leave it at that? The thing that disappoints me the most is that people will begrudgingly admit that the problems exist, then basically go 'But what can you do? Just zip it!'...

That's the problem in a nutshell. You know what a company will respond to? Constant criticism. Unending pressure. Absolutely no way anyone can ever buy the product without knowing about the flaws and drawbacks. And, on a forum, the way to stop the discussion of things that need to change is to allow them to drop off the front page. Anyone buying a product isn't honestly going to sieve through 100 pages of a thread. They are going to read the first one or two. Unless the mods were to create a sticky and someone collate the main issues, if people followed the 'zip it!' advice, there would be a lot more buying the product not realizing the issues.

You really only have ONE form of pressure on a company. Bad publicity. You already bought their product, so there goes any leverage you have. But making sure everyone else that hasn't yet bought it knows what the problems are is the way to incentivize the company to FIX IT..! Allow unsuspecting people to buy a flawed product, and the incentive to fix the issue goes away... the company is still making money!

The primary reason I post so much is that I came from a casual, non-league racing environment that simply does not exist in PC2. The barebones game is far better in every respect to GT6/Sport, except for the ONE thing that prevents the clean, casual racing. A Friends List does not substitute. Rooms revolve around their host (or should, no offense, betta!) and the tools to allow hosts to run casual clean racing don't exist. And could be added so easily.

So, sorry, but I'm not shutting up about them. And the day SMS addresses them, you'll be glad I didn't. Because they sure as 🤬 won't do a damn thing about them if we all just 'zip it!'.

There's a lot more to online racing than drunken oval racing with friends. :cheers:

The reason I write repeatedly about the same things is that, does anyone honestly think that things will change for the better if we keep silent, or write ONE post and leave it at that? The thing that disappoints me the most is that people will begrudgingly admit that the problems exist, then basically go 'But what can you do? Just zip it!'...

That's the problem in a nutshell. You know what a company will respond to? Constant criticism. Unending pressure. Absolutely no way anyone can ever buy the product without knowing about the flaws and drawbacks. And, on a forum, the way to stop the discussion of things that need to change is to allow them to drop off the front page. Anyone buying a product isn't honestly going to sieve through 100 pages of a thread. They are going to read the first one or two. Unless the mods were to create a sticky and someone collate the main issues, if people followed the 'zip it!' advice, there would be a lot more buying the product not realizing the issues.

You really only have ONE form of pressure on a company. Bad publicity. You already bought their product, so there goes any leverage you have. But making sure everyone else that hasn't yet bought it knows what the problems are is the way to incentivize the company to FIX IT..! Allow unsuspecting people to buy a flawed product, and the incentive to fix the issue goes away... the company is still making money!

The primary reason I post so much is that I came from a casual, non-league racing environment that simply does not exist in PC2. The barebones game is far better in every respect to GT6/Sport, except for the ONE thing that prevents the clean, casual racing. A Friends List does not substitute. Rooms revolve around their host (or should, no offense, betta!) and the tools to allow hosts to run casual clean racing don't exist. And could be added so easily.

So, sorry, but I'm not shutting up about them. And the day SMS addresses them, you'll be glad I didn't. Because they sure as 🤬 won't do a damn thing about them if we all just 'zip it!'.

There's a lot more to online racing than drunken oval racing with friends. :cheers:
The day that SMS change things I certainly will not credit your constant flooding of topics with the same post with the change.

It's retardedville.
Given the language and broad insults you use (and seem to be mistakenly under the impression are OK here) I'm not surprised if you did get a ban.

Last edited:
The day that SMS change things I certainly will not credit your constant flooding of topics with the same post with the change.

And I won't credit them fixing things to our having kept silent, either...

BTW, you really have to wonder about the motives of people that come on to a thread titled 'Really disappointed with this game' to shout down the idea that this isn't the place for criticism!

And I won't credit them fixing things to our having kept silent, either...

BTW, you really have to wonder about the motives of people that come on to a thread titled 'Really disappointed with this game' to shout down the idea that this isn't the place for criticism!
Silence isn't the only other option to constantly flooding the site with the same aggressively negative diatribe........

Oh and you might want to rethink the later part of your post if you are really under the belief that I'm referring to you posting in just this thread. I'm not, which is actually quite clear in my post. So no you don't need to wonder about anything.

Actually no. I was referring to the member who initially started this.

But one man's 'aggressively negative diatribe' is simply someone else speaking the plain truth..! Let's be honest.. Am I wrong?

Is PC2 easy to set up clean casual racing? Would room titles go a long way to getting parity with GTS's lobby system (where it's easy to find clean rooms)?

I don't just bitch... I try to do what the mods ask, and provide constructive criticism and suggest solutions. Seems like the very thing most everybody wants isn't REALLY what they want, after all! It would be so easy, like so many do, and just go 'This game sucks! I can't find a clean room!' and you would have a point. But that isn't what I do. But if you don't want constructive criticism either, just let us know.

It's getting hard to think what a thread titled 'Really disappointed with this game' is supposed to have on it if not exactly this.

Actually no. I was referring to the member who initially started this.
You don' get to determine who can and can't reply to your posts, as such that's not really relevant.

But one man's 'aggressively negative diatribe' is simply someone else speaking the plain truth..! Let's be honest.. Am I wrong?
I've not said anything of the sort, I've questioned your manner and method. Flooding the site with teh same message and actively working the point into almost every post regardless of context or relevance is not the way to go about it.

Is PC2 easy to set up clean casual racing? Would room titles go a long way to getting parity with GTS's lobby system (where it's easy to find clean rooms)?
Personally I don;t have that much of an issue with setting up clean races on-line, I've done it often enough to not personally have a major issue with it. However (and once again) I've not said it couldn't be better, I've questioned the manner in which you are going about this.

I don't just bitch... I try to do what the mods ask, and provide constructive criticism and suggest solutions. Seems like the very thing most everybody wants isn't REALLY what they want, after all! It would be so easy, like so many do, and just go 'This game sucks! I can't find a clean room!' and you would have a point. But that isn't what I do. But if you don't want constructive criticism either, just let us know.
If you don't actually think that's how you're coming across I strongly suggest you re-read your posting history, as that's exactly what you sound like, in almost every PC2 related thread you post in.

It's getting hard to think what a thread titled 'Really disappointed with this game' is supposed to have on it if not exactly this.
And if it were just in this thread you would have a point, but its not.

Given the language and broad insults you use (and seem to be mistakenly under the impression are OK here) I'm not surprised if you did get a ban.

My language in that "Forum" is the same has used with me. Like i said before, and i'll sai it again to be clear, i never start a fight and i'm never the one starting with personal attack. I only reply the same way.

But i understand you ignore the ones who start with the insults.......

....(and seem to be mistakenly under the impression are OK here) ....

I didn't understood what you meant with this sentence. I'm not insulting anyone here. I call retarded and stupid to the ones in there who attack all the people with insults to who talks about the issues of the game.
And it is. Its stupid and retarded.
If the hat fits someone in here...... then they should change the attitude.

If you don't actually think that's how you're coming across I strongly suggest you re-read your posting history, as that's exactly what you sound like, in almost every PC2 related thread you post in.

I've participated in some of simsimsheree posts in there. And waht you wrote now its the problem.

"exactly waht you sound like"

Thats that forum problem. If the posts its not kissing SMS *ss, than it sounds like " This game sucks!". And they release the dogs (raging kids).

Criticism is not only good criticism. And reporting issues its not saying the game sucks.

My language in that "Forum" is the same has used with me. Like i said before, and i'll sai it again to be clear, i never start a fight and i'm never the one starting with personal attack. I only reply the same way.

But i understand you ignore the ones who start with the insults.......

I didn't understood what you meant with this sentence. I'm not insulting anyone here. I call retarded and stupid to the ones in there who attack all the people with insults to who talks about the issues of the game.
And it is. Its stupid and retarded.
If the hat fits someone in here...... then they should change the attitude.

I've participated in some of simsimsheree posts in there. And waht you wrote now its the problem.

"exactly waht you sound like"

Thats that forum problem. If the posts its not kissing SMS *ss, than it sounds like " This game sucks!". And they release the dogs (raging kids).

Criticism is not only good criticism. And reporting issues its not saying the game sucks.
And if you reply to people in the same way here you will be breaking the AUP.

Feel free to ignore me, but I've been here long enough to know what the end result is likely to be.

Some things in life are just crap and noone except us seems to care enough to change them so we put them on hold and go do something fun instead. Games can be like that too. The more elements in game the more chance some of them will be weak. Pcars 2 is a massive game. Parts of it are brilliant and make your jaw drop other parts so so and some parts are infuriating.
I've been writing a few detailed threads on tuning in career and extra events on the official game site and copied them here. Some times my enthusiasm for the greatness spills over and other times my frustration is very clearly shown with as much detail to the event shortcomings as possible explained. If the event is no fun at all and crap I will say so but in more refined language. I feel under no obligation to praise the game because it's the devs own site and am glad I can write freely on there BUT respectfully. Once written about I move on. So far about 90% has been excellent. I can forgive 10% especially as I have written about it openly and shown video proof as well of the issues.

And if you reply to people in the same way here you will be breaking the AUP.

Feel free to ignore me, but I've been here long enough to know what the end result is likely to be.
Where did I ignore you?

If you disrespect me, I'll disrespect you the same way.

You're not above anyone.
Quite simple.

If I'm the only one banned, then there's a bias. And that's what's happen in PC2 forum.

Last edited:
Where did I ignore you?

You're not above anyone.
Quite simple.

If I'm the only one banned, then there's a bias. And that's what's happen in PC2 forum.

If you're the only one banned it must be a bias against you? Have you ruled out every other possible reason? Or what do you mean.with that statement?

@Dotini I think I'm going to leave this one to you seems like a nice case ;)

Where did I ignore you?

You're not above anyone.
Quite simple.

And the advise I am giving you is that will not fly here at GT Planet.

'He did it first' is not a valid defense here, it never has been and it never will be.

Its that point I am saying you should not ignore.

@Dotini I think I'm going to leave this one to you seems like a nice case ;)
Very sorry, Mr Tree, but this sort of thing I try - if not always succeed - never to become involved in. If a member corresponds in an overly personal, less than respectful or outright impolite manner, it can only diminish me if I lower myself to the same level. I go by the policy, "If you don't have something nice (or at least polite and respectful) to say, then don't say anything at all." And in matters involving the AUP, it is strictly not my business, but rather that of the forum staff.

Personally I don;t have that much of an issue with setting up clean races on-line, I've done it often enough to not personally have a major issue with it.

How about detailing how you DO go about setting up a clean public room on a casual, non-scheduled basis? I mean, if we are looking for constructive posts here, if you want to stop people posting about a game-breaking issue, if you have a solution, maybe you could share it?

My experience in public rooms in PC2 is a horror-show compared to my years on GT5/6.

And now, with the last update, SMS have removed the hosts's ability to kick, requiring a full vote, simply further reducing the ability to police a clean room. The issue is only getting worse.

We
How about detailing how you DO go about setting up a clean public room on a casual, non-scheduled basis? I mean, if we are looking for constructive posts here, if you want to stop people posting about a game-breaking issue, if you have a solution, maybe you could share it?

My experience in public rooms in PC2 is a horror-show compared to my years on GT5/6.

And now, with the last update, SMS have removed the hosts's ability to kick, requiring a full vote, simply further reducing the ability to police a clean room. The issue is only getting worse.
Well as you asked so nicely........

Perhaps having some friends that don't drink on a Friday night might help. On the other hand,I guess having any friends might also help.

I'm getting more and more happy with this game. At first glance it seemed somewhat unfinished, but some updates later it has become a very great title. So much fine content and attention to detail across the board. 👍
It has exceeded my expectations as a simulator. It's a real accomplishment. 👍

It has only disappointed me as a videogame. SMS needs to try harder on the career mode for PCARS3, and the AI really should be sorted out so that players don't have to do all the fiddling on our end.

I'm getting more and more happy with this game. At first glance it seemed somewhat unfinished, but some updates later it has become a very great title. So much fine content and attention to detail across the board. 👍
I been satisfy with the game since day 1 but with each update sms has turn this game into (imho) the best sim on consoles. :)

I’m buying the Deluxe Edition for PS4 when I get home, the sale is too good to pass up.

I’l be using my G29. Any tips for maximizing my enjoyment and avoiding bugs? I prefer GT3 categories and prefer sticking to one car and getting to know it, tuning it etc.

Well as you asked so nicely........

So, as you alluded to earlier, you agree there's a huge problem, and you really don't have a solution?

Anyone can put a friends list together. And, if your friends all have the same schedule, and the same taste in cars, tracks and overall racing etiquette, it's not a big deal to race with them. Oh, wait... That sounds an awful lot like a league, doesn't it? LOL

The simple fact of the matter is, Gran Turismo got it perfectly right. And anything less than their system is flawed. And there is no 'workaround'.

And, I'm sorry killerjimbag, but your drunken Oval racing rooms are hardly a substitute for the squeaky clean 24/7 casual racing I used to do on GT5/6.

I’l be using my G29. Any tips for maximizing my enjoyment and avoiding bugs? I prefer GT3 categories and prefer sticking to one car and getting to know it, tuning it etc.

I'd recommend that you first familiarize yourself and experiment with different settings in the Private Testing mode. Find your preferences for FFB, controls, button assignments, camera FOV, HUD layout, realism, tuning, etc. This way you avoid going head first into the action without really knowing the game.

Last edited:
So, as you alluded to earlier, you agree there's a huge problem, and you really don't have a solution?

Anyone can put a friends list together. And, if your friends all have the same schedule, and the same taste in cars, tracks and overall racing etiquette, it's not a big deal to race with them. Oh, wait... That sounds an awful lot like a league, doesn't it? LOL

The simple fact of the matter is, Gran Turismo got it perfectly right. And anything less than their system is flawed. And there is no 'workaround'.

And, I'm sorry killerjimbag, but your drunken Oval racing rooms are hardly a substitute for the squeaky clean 24/7 casual racing I used to do on GT5/6.
Nope. I just don't really respond well to aggressively worded demands issued weeks after the fact.

Quite frankly I consider the chances of managing to get reasonable dialog out of yourself to be slim.

As such my original and most recent comments still stand.

Now start to address people with a degree of respect and that may change.

Perhaps having some friends that don't drink on a Friday night might help. On the other hand,I guess having any friends might also help.

Now start to address people with a degree of respect and that may change.

The day the mods start applying respect standards evenly, I'll start replying in kind.

BTW, here's a large thread up at SMS's site with a far more informed attitude about the issue. It seems the complacency about the issue on this site isn't shared by more serious drivers. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...king-and-Votekick-suggestions-for-improvement

The day the mods start applying respect standards evenly, I'll start replying in kind.
You seem to be confused about what mods do.

BTW, here's a large thread up at SMS's site with a far more informed attitude about the issue. It seems the complacency about the issue on this site isn't shared by more serious drivers. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...king-and-Votekick-suggestions-for-improvement
You seem to be confused about what I've said, which at no point has included the claim what we have couldn't be improved on.

It's assumption like this that lead to the impression that you've made on quite a few members. Throwing in more passive aggressive digs does little to improve that either.

Last edited:

Yes we only race drunk and only ovals. You should go play GT with people you don't know. Instead of crying like a kid who lost his lolliepop in a pile of 🤬. You forgot the swearing part,so I thought I'd refresh your memory. Yes we race daily,but we don't have a league. How is that possible,oh yeah we are friends. Get some,sounds like you need some.:banghead:

What schedule? You gather a list of a 20+ friends someone will be online.

===> that's not at all like a leaugue... and same taste? You switch things up right? Today your favourite class tomorrow someone else. Or find people who race whatever and follow your lead.

Back