Really disappointed with this gamePS4 

All it needs is a better CPU to deal with next gen adaptive AI plus more reliable tires and outsourcing the multi-player to a dedicated 3rd party.

None of which will happen, as SMS design their game for bleeding edge computer specs which will NEVER be equalled on consoles. It's a game of whackamole... However far consoles advance, PC's will advance further, faster, and SMS will leverage this for a bunch of BS 'features' while ignoring the basic netcode and multiplayer needs and concentrate on graphics that will never be able to be matched on a console, leading to the same issues we currently face as grid sizes close to PC cannot be managed without graphic slowdowns.

Will get my first Project Cars (2) game next week, after years of AC... So what car or car class might be the closest to Assetto Corsa's counterpart?
I ask because transition from driving game to another will always be a bit of a shock and disappointment, but with the closest possible experience, i could actually focus setting up my FFB & start enjoying the game. Thanks.

Hey, ps4 here.
I realize AC gives you just a steak cooked to perfection full of flavor, while PC2 gives you a steak with added chips & drink but the steak is medium rare when you asked for medium well; the physics is the steak. I enjoy PC2 for track and car selection also the ability to drive in different weather and time progression (night and day). I can tweak the settings in pc2 as much as possible with most cars, but there is still a slight disconnect in perception between either me the FFB in the wheel or the car itself as compared to the perfection I feel in Asseto Corsa. Sometimes I wish they would come out with a game called 'Project Corsa Sport' because I enjoy... well, you get what I mean.

Hey, ps4 here.
I realize AC gives you just a steak cooked to perfection full of flavor, while PC2 gives you a steak with added chips & drink but the steak is medium rare when you asked for medium well; the physics is the steak. I enjoy PC2 for track and car selection also the ability to drive in different weather and time progression (night and day). I can tweak the settings in pc2 as much as possible with most cars, but there is still a slight disconnect in perception between either me the FFB in the wheel or the car itself as compared to the perfection I feel in Asseto Corsa. Sometimes I wish they would come out with a game called 'Project Corsa Sport' because I enjoy... well, you get what I mean.

Absolutely, driving feel of AC, cars and tracks, Livetrack, tire model and time progression from PC2, and graphics and online mode from GTS. That would be quite awesome.

I would say that the broken online mode is indeed "game breaking" and I don't understand how anyone could claim otherwise.

Yes cause that's fact and we all should be good boys and girls and accept it as fact cause you the almighty said so. :rolleyes:

It has problems but i wouldn't say game breaking since the PCARS2 Online Racing & Leagues is pretty popular.

Last edited:
I exclusively play offline, so whether the online mode is broken or not is a bit irrelevant.
I exclusively only drive the p1 gtr and sometimes the normal p1 :lol::embarrassed:

But seriously same with me checking my stats it says i been online for 7 minutes in total :)

I exclusively play online and PC2 is pretty much all I play. Sooooo... yeah it kinda does work for me. ;)

Of course the online mode has its issues and limitations but if you don't suffer disconnects, it does do its job.

It does an awesome job if you participate in tightly stewarded leagues. For casual pickup racing, it is excremental...

Any game that does not allow a host to boot the disruptive is utterly divorced from any hope of being a good game for casual players.

It does an awesome job if you participate in tightly stewarded leagues. For casual pickup racing, it is excremental...

Any game that does not allow a host to boot the disruptive is utterly divorced from any hope of being a good game for casual players.

That is very true. PC2 is very poor when it comes to ad hoc races. And that is even if you do like GT3 where at least some lobbies are available.

You don't have to take my opinion for anything, but in my little time online i had 0 problem.

Heck i even won a race with my gtr in a random lobby which guess what had clean racing.

giphy.gif

You got a lot of stuff in in 7 minutes. LOL

On the whole, though, I'd rather get my information from someone with enough experience to actually have come across the well documented problems online, and who races enough that he has actual in game experience with different cars.

On the whole, though, I'd rather get my information from someone with enough experience to actually have come across the well documented problems online, and who races enough that he has actual in game experience with different cars.

Yet you ignore or disregard those peoples comments if they don't 100% fit your opinion.

Ok so a person who has an enormous amount of online time,actually invited you to join a lobby. Because they were having a few beers and other medically carded things and swore plus they were on Ovals you said it was terrible. Well we race every night,different tracks and cars,still drink and swear like sailors. Every night lobby fills up,not a league,not regulated no BS racing. Hell we even call cautions in some rooms. Does the game have issues. Yep. Not as mind numbing as you portray them to be. The invite is still out to join,hell you can pick the car and track. I'll be on at 7 PM EST. My PSN name is in my profile. Shouldn't be hard to find. Then you can put this to rest till next game comes out.

I don't understand where all this crying about the online section is coming from tbh.
Aside from the host not being able to boot Muppets from the lobby it's absolutely fine.
And maybe the fact that there's too many GT3 lobbies.

Aside from connection issues for some people (which I personally don't have), the issue is that it is pretty much bare bone and not what you'd expect from a modern online mode. It does do it's job for organized league racing, which is fine for me, but it really is lacking for the casual online racer.

Aside from connection issues for some people (which I personally don't have), the issue is that it is pretty much bare bone and not what you'd expect from a modern online mode. It does do it's job for organized league racing, which is fine for me, but it really is lacking for the casual online racer.
Oh, wait a minute, the only way to play PCARS2 online is in organized events, leagues and championships? No room for random dive bombers? No room for people who gives zero **** about proper racing? If that is the case I think I'll sell my GT Sport and buy PCARS2 right now! :cheers:

Daily casual racing on consoles is rare nowadays, and i blame PSN Plus for that... There's just not enough players. Be it PCars 2, AC or GTS (forget the sport mode). Feel stupid to pay monthly fee for a niche genre that can provite good online experience maybe once or twice a week... :(:(

Oh, wait a minute, the only way to play PCARS2 online is in organized events, leagues and championships? No room for random dive bombers? No room for people who gives zero **** about proper racing? If that is the case I think I'll sell my GT Sport and buy PCARS2 right now! :cheers:

No don't worry, you still get your professional dive bombers. But you know what the catch is with PC2? You pretty much can't kick them out of your lobby. ;)

Beg your pardon...?

Well, they removed the hosts ability to kick people with the last patch. The only option to do so is have everyone in the lobby vote to kick somebody. You can imagine how well this is going when you want to kick a crasher during quali. Good luck getting everybody who is trying to set a time to abort their lap in order to vote.

Daily casual racing on consoles is rare nowadays, and i blame PSN Plus for that... There's just not enough players. Be it PCars 2, AC or GTS (forget the sport mode). Feel stupid to pay monthly fee for a niche genre that can provite good online experience maybe once or twice a week... :(:(
I admit I'm part of that problem. I'd be online sometimes if it was free. But I only pay to play online for special occasions (or for the upcoming Nintendo service, which is a fraction of the cost for a console I use more). On the XB360 I only paid for XBL Gold a few times, like for the first Forza Horizon and when GTA Online launched.

Ok so a person who has an enormous amount of online time,actually invited you to join a lobby. Because they were having a few beers and other medically carded things and swore plus they were on Ovals you said it was terrible. Well we race every night,different tracks and cars,still drink and swear like sailors. Every night lobby fills up,not a league,not regulated no BS racing. Hell we even call cautions in some rooms. Does the game have issues. Yep. Not as mind numbing as you portray them to be. The invite is still out to join,hell you can pick the car and track. I'll be on at 7 PM EST. My PSN name is in my profile. Shouldn't be hard to find. Then you can put this to rest till next game comes out.

It's only a coincidence that every time I go look at you guys racing, it's on ovals. It's only a coincidence that it's usually a bashfest and no-one gets kicked or even reprimanded for causing a pileup. It's only a coincidence you are always drunk or high and couldn't care less whether it's clean (hard to drive well impaired, or so my local constabulary says!).

I'm not saying you can't find rooms. I'm just saying (as a top 10% driver in GT6) that you can't find GOOD clean casual rooms. You sentence says it all... "Every night lobby fills up, not a league, not regulated no BS racing".

I'm looking for casual regulated, no BS racing. Thanks for the offer. But no thanks.

PSN Plus doesn't seem to be having an effect on GTS. 600,000 weekly players. $60/year. $1.15 a week. You honestly think that's making a difference? But a console lobby system that hides most of the players and rooms? That makes a difference. An online system that prevents hosts kicking the disruptive? That makes a difference.

Last edited:
Back