Really disappointed with this gamePS4 

PC2 is generally getting better every update but they need to do something about their module version control. Every new patch seems to introduce new completely unrelated bugs. I can't see how that is possible unless your SDK isn't properly managed.

Yesterday at oschersleben, most cars crushed against the pit wall when they were released. major bug that ruined the league's race.

This thread is the best!

Silence isn't the only other option to constantly flooding the site with the same aggressively negative diatribe........

Have you forgotten the 4 or 5 months (or 6, 7, or 8...I stopped reading) you flooded the GT Sport forum with your 'aggressively negative diatribe'? Thread after thread of discussion was polluted with your bleating about the superiority of PC and AC and references to your youtube reviews. You had a whole little crew of Scaffites who followed you around derailing threads in a relentless campaign to steer people away from GT and to other titles. Your ability to create off-topic discussion potential, and then ignore the derailed discussion that followed, made the GTS section of GTP impossible to read for months.

I can't imagine wasting as much time as you do pushing my opinion-as-expertise in public forums. Unless, you know, someone was paying me to.

This thread is the best!

Have you forgotten the 4 or 5 months (or 6, 7, or 8...I stopped reading) you flooded the GT Sport forum with your 'aggressively negative diatribe'? Thread after thread of discussion was polluted with your bleating about the superiority of PC and AC and references to your youtube reviews. You had a whole little crew of Scaffites who followed you around derailing threads in a relentless campaign to steer people away from GT and to other titles. Your ability to create off-topic discussion potential, and then ignore the derailed discussion that followed, made the GTS section of GTP impossible to read for months.

I can't imagine wasting as much time as you do pushing my opinion-as-expertise in public forums. Unless, you know, someone was paying me to.
Yep because its all me, and that of course requires you to utterly ignore the negative's I've pointed out about PC/PC2 and AC, and of course ignore the positives I said about GTS and the GT series (and for the record I've never told anyone what they should or shouldn't play).

So just to be clear you made this post simply to make a personal attack, I can't imagine wasting my time doing that!

Let me be 100% clear, I've spent over a decade discussing here what I like and don'y like about a whole range of titles, you simply don't seem to like it when your 'pick' gets some critical comments.

GT Planet isn't a GT echo chamber, which it sounds a lot like that's what you would like it to be.

Even without Scaff there people are still kind of crapping on Gtsport. Look at the new update thread..
All me (despite having not actually posted in that thread).

It's all your fault @Scaff.
Because of the way the world is, we gotta blame someone.
Sorry mate.

Edit: damn you for breaking my ps3 & telling me to buy a XB1X & PC2.

Edit again: joking aside, the only people responsible for people hating on the GT franchise is Sony/PD themselves for not listening to fans & shutting down online services prematurely.

Regarding @Scaff himself, I've not personally had alot of dealings with the man, he's answered a few questions of mine, I've watch a few videos of his. I find his & other mods approach to alot things on this site as critical but honest & fair.

Last edited:
It's all your fault @Scaff.
Because of the way the world is, we gotta blame someone.
Sorry mate.

Edit: damn you for breaking my ps3 & telling me to buy a XB1X & PC2.
Damn I forgot I did that, I've done it too many times now, the personal touch is just gone.

I must make a video to say sorry for all the wrongs I gave done and repent my ways on bended knees.

Без име.png

Tell you what. If I had a solution for how bad public online is in PC2 and you insulted me, I would still share it. It would make the game better for everyone.

But if I didn't, and was simply yanking someone's chain I didn't agree with, then yes, I might be passive aggressive about it too...

The reason I post the same issue up on multiple threads is because the same issues affect multiple things. There really is no argument that SMS's design decisions for their multiplayer system (that were roundly criticized in PC1 and not improved one iota) are actively preventing PC2 from scavenging GT's player base on console. The track/car/physics are all in place. But the amateurishness of the online componentry is sending all but the most hardcore of league players back to a game where you can easily find good casual racing.

The numbers playing each game show without a doubt the size of the casual base compared to the hardcore leaguers. That SMS don't want a piece of that pie is beyond belief...

Last edited:
GRID online (the original), now there's a racing game you had to grit your teeth at in a public lobby, no matter what platform pc/ps3 or xbox 360. 2 laps around Milan in the Touring Cars was more about survival than racing, it makes GT/Forza & PC2 public lobby's feel like a game of Chess.

Tell you what. If I had a solution for how bad public online is in PC2 and you insulted me, I would still share it. It would make the game better for everyone.

But if I didn't, and was simply yanking someone's chain I didn't agree with, then yes, I might be passive aggressive about it too...

The reason I post the same issue up on multiple threads is because the same issues affect multiple things. There really is no argument that SMS's design decisions for their multiplayer system (that were roundly criticized in PC1 and not improved one iota) are actively preventing PC2 from scavenging GT's player base on console. The track/car/physics are all in place. But the amateurishness of the online componentry is sending all but the most hardcore of league players back to a game where you can easily find good casual racing.

The numbers playing each game show without a doubt the size of the casual base compared to the hardcore leaguers. That SMS don't want a piece of that pie is beyond belief...
If I wanted to actually engage in a conversation with someone I would quote them or tag them in a post.

Then again I wouldn't make assumptions either, but that's just me.

I have no desire to engage in what you try to pass off as conversation. Merely to point out to everyone else you don't practice what you preach.

I have no desire to engage in what you try to pass off as conversation. Merely to point out to everyone else you don't practice what you preach.

Let's start easy, send me a pm if you're on ps4
I run non league lobbies every so many nights if I have you in my friendslist I'll invite you.

Have you tried setting up races for a few days with only 3-4 people but invite them as friends when they're clean? This helped me build a pool of friends to just invite whenever.

Does this not work for you? If so why maybe I can find some.other way to get you lobbies.

If you just want to click play to have a lobby well this is not the game for you. I get why that would dissapoint you and we all hope next pC itteration some matchmakingsystem would be incorporated but it's not present in the game. We'll have to make do with what we have now.

This thread is the best!

Wow, that's embarrassing.

This thread is the best!

Yep because its all me, and that of course requires you to utterly ignore the negative's I've pointed out about PC/PC2 and AC, and of course ignore the positives I said about GTS and the GT series (and for the record I've never told anyone what they should or shouldn't play).

So just to be clear you made this post simply to make a personal attack, I can't imagine wasting my time doing that!

Let me be 100% clear, I've spent over a decade discussing here what I like and don'y like about a whole range of titles, you simply don't seem to like it when your 'pick' gets some critical comments.

GT Planet isn't a GT echo chamber, which it sounds a lot like that's what you would like it to be.

All me (despite having not actually posted in that thread).

Personally, I'd rather only criticize and praise the game I enjoy most in hopes for it to improve; I see better results that way. Scaff, you did seem to be busy over on gt sport threads constantly impeding with 'this game is better' (pcars2) type comments; it seem obvious that you wanted GT sport to fail but those desperate attempts didn't work.

Personally, I'd rather only criticize and praise the game I enjoy most in hopes for it to improve; I see better results that way. Scaff, you did seem to be busy over on gt sport threads constantly impeding with 'this game is better' (pcars2) type comments; it seem obvious that you wanted GT sport to fail but those desperate attempts didn't work.
Well look who is back!

Almost 7 months since your last post and this is what you choose to post. What a credit to the community you are.

Hey he likes to accuse others of lying and not back it up with a shred of proof, and after the last one I'm not surprised at the lack of activity.

Guess attacking me suits his bandwagon.
Great, first you go after GT Sport and now not even bandwagons are good enough for you? Are you dissatisfied with bandwagon low speed physics? Do you lament the lack of rail wheel flex? Is the trumpet sound barely audible over the axle whine? I would hate to see another video of you with documented evidence that I will ignore anyway.

Being fairly new, I'm no authority on what's happening here, but it seems to me that the discussion has devolved in to something not constructive.

Life is hard enough and we're all trying to gain a little peace, respite, joy, (whatever you feel when you play your favorite game) as a BREAK from the cares of a normal day.

Let's keep enjoying our games and remember that we do have at least 1 thing in common: we're here to constructively discuss racing games, get/give tips, ask/answer questions, and give OPINIONS.

Maturity dictates we give those opinions in the least offensive way and maturity also dictates we don't make personal attacks, no?

It's what I loved about this forum when I found it and what makes it different from other toxic forums. I hope it stays that way

Peace

it seem obvious that you wanted GT sport to fail but those desperate attempts didn't work.

Before this thread gets locked up, I'd like to say that's a rather bold statement.

GT will never fail, the market for everyone can drive fast using arcade tire models will always be stronger than those of us stuck in the niche crowd of seeking realism.

For the record, I usually agreed with Scaff as many of his points and opinions were spot on.

On topic,
PC2 is not my go to sim, but it has given me the best career experience out of them all.

It is the best looking racer currently on the market, yes better than GT Sport.
That is, until ACC releases.

Will get my first Project Cars (2) game next week, after years of AC... So what car or car class might be the closest to Assetto Corsa's counterpart?
I ask because transition from driving game to another will always be a bit of a shock and disappointment, but with the closest possible experience, i could actually focus setting up my FFB & start enjoying the game. Thanks.

Will get my first Project Cars (2) game next week, after years of AC... So what car or car class might be the closest to Assetto Corsa's counterpart?
I ask because transition from driving game to another will always be a bit of a shock and disappointment, but with the closest possible experience, i could actually focus setting up my FFB & start enjoying the game. Thanks.
I would suggest taking the KTM XBow to Brands Hatch & take some time to get your settings right, FFB, FOV etc. Enjoy.

To be fair this isn't true for the console version.

Fair enough, my apologies I wouldn't know.

I had all but given up on the AA issues on PC, until I started running super sampling. It looks like glass now, simply astonishing.

To be honest, even the PC version of PC2 can trail GTS in some aspects, visually. PD did an amazing job with the lighting. Yes, at the cost of a pretty poor tire and physics model (unless you like Zamboni racing!), but don't discount PD's visuals.

I'd say though, in response to Knuckel, that he needs to read up a LOT at SMS's forum about AC vs. PC2 FFB. The overall consensus seems to be, there is basically no way to get the two 'feeling' the same. As an owner of both, I agree. You can dial rough strength close-ish, but the details vary enormously. Road surface detail, understeer feel, kerb rumble, sense of back end swinging out, all of these vary from game to game.

Best solution is to let each be its own thing, as you can work your way into a tizzy trying to get them the same!

My other 'hobby' is flight sims where everyone including me is OCD about realism.
Once you've gone PCars the rest is ar** for believing you are actually racing.

I'm never driving slow enough to see the scenery anyway unless a friend is playing and I'm watching. Even then it's good enough. Occasional stutters notwithstanding. All it needs is a better CPU to deal with next gen adaptive AI plus more reliable tires and outsourcing the multi-player to a dedicated 3rd party.

Back