Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
Not having broadband internet at home pretty much decides my online participation for me.

Having said that, even if I could, you wouldn’t see me around.

Because I finished RDR2 I really have the urge to play its "sequel" RDR again. But I gave away my ps3. Anyone here think that PSNow is worth it?

I was constantly getting destroyed in gun fights before I realized how OP deadeye can be. I was wondering why half the time people were getting off one shot head shots and really fast reloading.

Because I finished RDR2 I really have the urge to play its "sequel" RDR again. But I gave away my ps3. Anyone here think that PSNow is worth it?
I haven't finished RDR2 yet (on chapter 6) but I'll be going back to RDR1 when I finish - never did finish the first one. Luckily, I have the remastered version for my Xbox One X - it actually looks very good considering it's age.

I haven't finished RDR2 yet (on chapter 6) but I'll be going back to RDR1 when I finish - never did finish the first one. Luckily, I have the remastered version for my Xbox One X - it actually looks very good considering it's age.

Backwards compatibility is seriously underrated.

So far I haven't seen a train or bison in RD O. Guessing they're disabled because of lag or something? Hopefully they'll have them in in the full version of Online.

And so far basically the entire lobby is somewhere in West Elizabeth or near Valentine. Whenever I look at the map literally nobody is in New Austin. Sometimes a couple people. But usually nobody.

So far I haven't seen a train or bison in RD O. Guessing they're disabled because of lag or something? Hopefully they'll have them in in the full version of Online.

And so far basically the entire lobby is somewhere in West Elizabeth or near Valentine. Whenever I look at the map literally nobody is in New Austin. Sometimes a couple people. But usually nobody.

There's only a train per lobby/server. But you can't rob them. I was just killed right now as I tried to through a dinamite into the cabine where 2 guys were. ^^ The horse clipped through the train and I died.

Good that I like hunting, otherwise it would be a pain to level up. Killing every animal on sight helps, even if you don't skin them. Crows give 10xp each, for example, and they're abundant when you're hunting other stuff.

I ended up getting the pump action shotgun to deal with griefers. Today, 2 guys wanted to steal my game. I followed them and kill them until they stopped. 1 sent me a message apologizing (he was robbing the stuff from my horse), the other one went to Rhodes. ^^

Also intercepted 3 missions from other players and got some extra XP. :D

And...got the bow and a coulpe more clothing items (2 coats, a shirt, a skirt and a pair of shoes).

The bison are there. Cause I found a rolled up poor bison pelt, that someone didn’t want. Sold it for the crazy amount of two dollars!

The bison are there. Cause I found a rolled up poor bison pelt, that someone didn’t want. Sold it for the crazy amount of two dollars!

You can buy a can of beans and some ammo. xD

Got my second horse today. One of my favorites in SP: a black american standardbreed. :) It looks amazing.

Dang I wonder where they are then. I wandered around The Heartlands in New Hanover for 15 minutes and couldn't find anything. Probably should have looked in the Great Plains.

Good that I like hunting, otherwise it would be a pain to level up. Killing every animal on sight helps, even if you don't skin them. Crows give 10xp each, for example, and they're abundant when you're hunting other stuff.

And...got the bow and a coulpe more clothing items (2 coats, a shirt, a skirt and a pair of shoes).

That's something that really pisses me off. The bow and the fishing rod should be free items that you start with.

I didn't do a ton of hunting in offline, but I feel like I have to in online if I actually want stuff. And it's actually pretty fun.

I am pretty sure that every animal in SP will appear in MP with the exception of Chapter 5 and legendary animals.

Dang I wonder where they are then. I wandered around The Heartlands in New Hanover for 15 minutes and couldn't find anything. Probably should have looked in the Great Plains.

That's something that really pisses me off. The bow and the fishing rod should be free items that you start with.

I didn't do a ton of hunting in offline, but I feel like I have to in online if I actually want stuff. And it's actually pretty fun.

I didn't buy the fishing rod yet and haven't used the bow at all. :D

Hunting is fun but when there's other people around it's a bit stressful because you never know if they'll shoot at you, steal your game or just hunt the same stuff you're hunting. Online there are less animals and sometimes they disappear before you can skin them. :/

I didn't buy the fishing rod yet and haven't used the bow at all. :D

Hunting is fun but when there's other people around it's a bit stressful because you never know if they'll shoot at you, steal your game or just hunt the same stuff you're hunting. Online there are less animals and sometimes they disappear before you can skin them. :/

Do you play alone or do you have some friends on PSN?

Do you play alone or do you have some friends on PSN?

Solo. Lone wolf... Or she-wolf. ^^

The only game I like to play with friends is GTS. In Red Dead I like to have my own pace and do what I want all the time. Maybe later on, when I quit grinding I'll join other people. :) I got a few invites but I prefer to play alone atm because all I'm doing is hunting.

Online there are less animals and sometimes they disappear before you can skin them. :/

I noticed that. I killed four deer in a little wooded area and two of them disappeared before I could get to them. They weren't even that far apart.

Hunting is fun but when there's other people around it's a bit stressful because you never know if they'll shoot at you, steal your game or just hunt the same stuff you're hunting.

This finally happened to me today. I was riding into Valentine to get rid of all my hunting stuff (I even had a wild horse with a deer carcass), thought I saw a deer, took a couple shots at it, but nope it was a player and I almost killed him. So I rode away, hoping he wouldn't retaliate. He didn't. But, the game doesn't let you go to shops for x amount of time after you attack another player or their horse. So I kept riding around Valentine in and out of town hoping that it will eventually let me sell my stuff. Then, this guy sees me with all my stuff and kills me. And it spawns me nowhere near him, so I think he took all my stuff and sold it. But I can't be entirely sure, since he really didn't have a ton of time to be able to do that.

Best hunting spot for me so far has been Great Plains, but usually a couple other people are hunting, and a ton of people sit around Blackwater. But north of Strawberry in the mountains there's virtually nobody, but sometimes it can be hard to find stuff.

Also, be careful if you try hunting with two horses. Because I had a stack of pelts on my personal horse that I couldn't sell for some reason. And none of the pelts on him showed up in his inventory. I think the online mechanics with having a wild horse and your personal horse is broken when it comes to pelts.

Also didn't realize the value of rabbit carcasses. Good ones are worth like $1.20. For a while I would just skin 'em and leave 'em.

I noticed that. I killed four deer in a little wooded area and two of them disappeared before I could get to them. They weren't even that far apart.

I think they have a dynamic system. The more people around the area or region there are, the highest the chance some animals will disappear... I don't know. Might be a bug. Sometimes Saint Denis is quite populated when there aren't players around but usually not a lot of NPCs at all. Might be a memory thing. Don't know if in the XB1X or PS4Pro is better.

This finally happened to me today. I was riding into Valentine to get rid of all my hunting stuff (I even had a wild horse with a deer carcass), thought I saw a deer, took a couple shots at it, but nope it was a player and I almost killed him. So I rode away, hoping he wouldn't retaliate. He didn't. But, the game doesn't let you go to shops for x amount of time after you attack another player or their horse. So I kept riding around Valentine in and out of town hoping that it will eventually let me sell my stuff. Then, this guy sees me with all my stuff and kills me. And it spawns me nowhere near him, so I think he took all my stuff and sold it. But I can't be entirely sure, since he really didn't have a ton of time to be able to do that.

If you're mostly alone and can carry the second horse around, that's nice. A perfect deer or buck carcass should sell for 10$. If you have 2, that's 20. Not bad at all. Plus all the pelts.

Best hunting spot for me so far has been Great Plains, but usually a couple other people are hunting, and a ton of people sit around Blackwater. But north of Strawberry in the mountains there's virtually nobody, but sometimes it can be hard to find stuff.

I've been the swamps, north of Saint Denis, on the coast, since day 2 basically. I get something beteween 40-50$ per hunting trip when there are more people around the area and 70-90$ when I'm alone and relaxed. It probably takes around 15 to 20min, Here's a video of what I usually sell and get at the butcher:

Also, be careful if you try hunting with two horses. Because I had a stack of pelts on my personal horse that I couldn't sell for some reason. And none of the pelts on him showed up in his inventory. I think the online mechanics with having a wild horse and your personal horse is broken when it comes to pelts.

I don't try this because it's too riskin in Saint Denis. Today, for 2 occasions, 2 pairs of dudes decided to come after me after I intercepted their stranger missions (I destroyed the charriot or whatever is called). They were passing just a few meters behind me so I did it. There must be a stanger mission in SD that sends people through the swamp and if I'm there, it's easy XP. But then, the people doing the mission came after me. ^^ I usually don't give up so they parley or leave. Good thing I bought the pump-action shotgun.

If I'm on a stranger mission and get intercepted and lose it, good for the guys who did it. It's a game mechanic. It's not griefing imo. I never shoot someone first in free roam, unless it's to intercept a mission.

I do think there are quite a few bugs atm with the hunting and general controls and menus. More often than not my horse will get suck in place and not come if I try to whistle. I won't even wishtle for some reason. Other times, while selling stuff to the bucher, some items will get stuck. The information in the gerneal stats of our character is also wrong in some of the points at least.

Out of curiosity, I've killed 228 NPCs (I guess from the main missions and stranger missions), died 300+ times and killed 1300+ times. Most of the kills were people who shot me for no reason and I went after them until they parley, flew away or logged off. It's the only way they will not do it again to me at least (or will be less likely).

Also didn't realize the value of rabbit carcasses. Good ones are worth like $1.20. For a while I would just skin 'em and leave 'em.

I don't think you can skin rabbits(?). At least in SP, Arthur picks them up and put them inside the satchel, like frogs and sparrows.

But I've noticed when I kill small animals, I'm getting always perfect pelts, even if they have 1 star. Dunno if it's because I've finished the hunting challenge or if it's a bug, but it's nice. :D

Portrait :P
IMG_20181202_201813.jpg

Last edited:
- gets targeted for no reason by a posse
- posse goes on rooftops
- destroys me
- wonders why
- they all use bolt action rifles
- they are all leveled 18-26 (highest in lobby)

cool.

I don't think you can skin rabbits(?). At least in SP, Arthur picks them up and put them inside the satchel, like frogs and sparrows.

You can skin rabbits but not squirrels.

Also picked up the pump-action (at the great price of $444). Really solid close range weapon, but thats all it is. Probably should have picked up the Springfield repeater instead, but I figured I've gotten by with the crap repeater it gives you.

Out of curiosity, I've killed 228 NPCs (I guess from the main missions and stranger missions), died 300+ times and killed 1300+ times. Most of the kills were people who shot me for no reason and I went after them until they parley, flew away or logged off. It's the only way they will not do it again to me at least (or will be less likely).

Yeah I'm nowhere near that kill/death ratio. Against other players I'm probably barely over 1. Just not good enough at combat. And most people that I get attacked by always seem to have a buddy. And if they don't, other idiots join in and before I know it its a 1v1v1v1v2.

Just a random moment in RDR Online. Was walking around near rhodes and found a clearing with about 20-40 lightbrown morgans with saddles and no riders in sight? What happened there? Was it a glitch?

Chapter 5 ???

I don't want to spoil anything. But if you don't care -->
C5 takes place on the island of Guarma. There are some birds that are unique here. They are not required for 100% completion or anything and it doesn't matter if you miss them. Obviously they will not appear online

I don't want to spoil anything. But if you don't care -->
C5 takes place on the island of Guarma. There are some birds that are unique here. They are not required for 100% completion or anything and it doesn't matter if you miss them. Obviously they will not appear online
it's ok, I completed the main story a while ago and completely went blank as to what chapter 5 was

Check out the R* official twitter. They seem to have adjusted the economy, reduced the prices of weapons and are giving you free currency for logging on.

Check out the R* official twitter. They seem to have adjusted the economy, reduced the prices of weapons and are giving you free currency for logging on.

That's great.

And the fact that I get partially refunded for the $400 shotgun I bought makes it even better.

"Balancing the value of pelts" - I wonder if that means they're worth more now, or worth less?

That's nice!

I've bought 2 schofield revolvers, 2 sawed-off shotguns, the pump action shotgun and the bolt action rifle. It's nice they're giving back the dollar difference to those who spent it prior to the changes. I've also spent quite a bit on clothes (maybe around 1000$)... would be nice to get that difference in money back too. :)

People are saying the most valuable fish went from 4.25 to 2.50$ so it will be harder to get money. I'm curious to see how muc hthe pelts and feathers will sell for after the update... because that's how I make money. I guess they will decrease in value...

People are saying the most valuable fish went from 4.25 to 2.50$ so it will be harder to get money. I'm curious to see how muc hthe pelts and feathers will sell for after the update... because that's how I make money. I guess they will decrease in value...

Most of them I noticed are a slight decrease. Like prime beef went from .75 to .60, and venison went from .50 to .35. Some of the pelts are a little lower too.

Back