Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
I was real sceptical at first, but I am starting to enjoy the co-op missions. Just annoying when these high level guys try to rush the missions instead of just playing it like it should be. Is there an option to only be paired with similar level people? I am happy they are rewarding the early players with some free money and gold.

I was real sceptical at first, but I am starting to enjoy the co-op missions. Just annoying when these high level guys try to rush the missions instead of just playing it like it should be. Is there an option to only be paired with similar level people? I am happy they are rewarding the early players with some free money and gold.

I don't think that's possible (choosing similar levels). It looks totally random.

I was happy to see the 15 gold bars and ~480$ in my account today.

Until they add more missions to RDO (which who knows when they will) I probably won't play it. Did 6 of them (I think there's 8 but you can only play 6 of them due to high/low honor). Like GTAO I really enjoy doing the missions. But like GTAO they need to start pumping them out so people can actually make some money and do something other than free roam hunting/deathmatch/racing.

I wonder what kind of updates they're going to roll out later. Once you buy every gun and have the best horses in the game, there's not much else to grind for.

Idea:
An adversary mode where one person plays as a predatory animal and another as a hunter would be cool or maybe a team of animals vs a team of hunters.

I was going to the butcher with my horse full of game. These guys pass, on the train, and shoot me and my horse.

30m later, up north:

I've realised that I completely dislike the methods that Rockstar use to make an "open world" really quite restrictive.

Why do I have to talk to a bounty and push him off a cliff when I could have sneakily lassoed him from behind?

Why do I have to get drunk, wander around aimlessly trying to find Lenny? I can chose whither Arthur is good or bad, but why can't I chose to not get drunk?

Why do I have to fruitlessly chase a dwarf when you are not allowed to catch him?

As you can guess from the spoilers, I'm still only in chapter 2, and while I enjoyed it to start with, I haven't touched it in a while.

I'm highly annoyed about (story mode) mission gold requirements. Usually about timelimits. It's not fun to play other goals well, but since you didn't just skip narrative videos or run around your camp you will not get gold. i thought we are suppose to enjoy those narrative videos too?

Another annoying thing for getting gold from missions replayed later on is that game gives you one of worst horses in game and very low level dead eye and stamina having Arthur. Try to beat gold required 15 minutes long mission which includes 5 minutes fast horse riding with poor animal which dies after 30 seconds spur....

...or dead eye 20 enemy headshot kills when dead-eye lasts 2 seconds. :(

I get online is still in Beta but I came across a rather annoying programming feature.

I was doing the online story and was at one of the missions where I had to see the three Sheriffs. I had done the first two and was on the way from Blackwater alllll the way over to Tumbleweed. I was almost at Tumbleweed and rode past a Race Marker for online matchmaking and thought, what the heck let's try racing. So I jump in, participate in a race around Rhodes, had fun and quit to continue on my journey......NOPE! Instead of respawning in free roam where I found the marker I respawned by Rhodes where the race was. So now I have to go all the way across the map to the last sheriff when I was literally right there. I guess it's a learning experience but a bit of a nuisance.

I've realised that I completely dislike the methods that Rockstar use to make an "open world" really quite restrictive.

Why do I have to talk to a bounty and push him off a cliff when I could have sneakily lassoed him from behind?

Why do I have to get drunk, wander around aimlessly trying to find Lenny? I can chose whither Arthur is good or bad, but why can't I chose to not get drunk?

Why do I have to fruitlessly chase a dwarf when you are not allowed to catch him?

As you can guess from the spoilers, I'm still only in chapter 2, and while I enjoyed it to start with, I haven't touched it in a while.

Isn't that standard for nearly every "open-world" game though? Like 90% of the game is completely out of your control.

If it’s anything like RDR, I’d say all the open world joy comes once you’ve completed the storyline & you get to go where you like in free roam.

From my experience the first 5-10 hours are often a struggle for me. But like other open worldgames this game will open itself up after the initial few hours.

The dwarf mission is only a side-mission though.

If it’s anything like RDR, I’d say all the open world joy comes once you’ve completed the storyline & you get to go where you like in free roam.

The problem is there isnt much left to do in freeroam, if you did a lot of sidemissions before finishing the main story.

The problem is there isnt much left to do in freeroam, if you did a lot of sidemissions before finishing the main story.

HUH? There is lot's to do. Find all legendary animals, find dinosaur bones, find all the cigarette cards, horse cards etc (I think there are 12 different sets. Fill out the compendium, do all the challenges(Horseman, Sharpshooter etc). I think there are 15 treasure maps to be found. there are lot's of little things to find and do.

Depends what you find interesting though I guess. If only story type missions excite you then you're right, wandering around looking for specific animals and such can be quite boring.

This one starnger mission alone, without help from the online map, will take me weeks of gameplay to complete

This page takes you through the Stranger Mission or Sidequest Duchesses and Other Animals in Red Dead Redemption 2.

After being saved from choking on a nut during The Gilded Cage mission, stop by the greenery north of the middle of Saint Denis to meet a rather flamboyant gentleman in his shop of interesting and fancy items.

His name is Algernon Wasp and he wants you to collect items so he can make more of his items of fashion.

PART 1

After speaking with Algernon, he will request the following:

Collect:

• 5 Little Egret Plumes
  • 5 Reddish Egret Plumes
  • 5 Snowy Egret Plumes
  • 15 Lady of the Night Orchids
  • Egrets can be found in Bayou Nwa, north of Saint Denis.
  • Lady of Night Orchids can be found on the southern shore of Bayou NWA, north of the Kamassa Riverand Caliga Hall.
PART 2
Return to Algenon, and he will request a few more items:

Collect:

• 20 Heron Plumes
  • 7 Lady Slipper Orchid
  • 10 Moccasin Orchid
Locations:

PART 3
Return to Algernon, and he will request yet more items:

Collect:

• 25 Gator Eggs
  • 3 Acuna's Star Orchid
  • 7 Cigar Orchid
  • 5 Ghost Orchid
Locations:

All items can be found in and around Bayou Nwa.

PART 4
Return to Algernon, and he will request the penultimate set of items:

Collect:

• 30 Spoonbill Plumes
  • 10 Rat Tail Orchid
  • 5 Spider Orchid
  • 5 Night scented Orchid
Locations:

• Spoonbills, Rat Tail Orchids, and Spider Orchids can be found in Bayou Nwa.
  • Night Scented Orchids can be found south of Braithwaite Manor.
PART 5
Return to Algenon, and he will request these final items:

Collect:

• 5 Clam Shell Orchid
  • 5 Queen's Orchid
  • 10 Sparrow Egg Orchid
  • 5 Dragon's Mouth Orchid[spoiler/]

Last edited:
HUH? There is lot's to do. Find all legendary animals, find dinosaur bones, find all the cigarette cards, horse cards etc (I think there are 12 different sets. Fill out the compendium, do all the challenges(Horseman, Sharpshooter etc). I think there are 15 treasure maps to be found. there are lot's of little things to find and do.

Depends what you find interesting though I guess. If only story type missions excite you then you're right, wandering around looking for specific animals and such can be quite boring.

Exactly the things I personally wasnt interested in doing. I would have preferred more side missions and random events.

Does anyone know if the stranger missions are always available? I know people have said you can miss out on side quests depending on where you are in the story. Can the same be said about the strangers?

I know I met one of the strangers as Arthur and he told me to meet him at his fishing cabin, I never did and when i became Marston the mission is still there[spoiler/]

Isn't that standard for nearly every "open-world" game though? Like 90% of the game is completely out of your control.
Hmm, I agree the RDR2 "story missions" are restrictive but how could they build a story without controlling some of the elements of the story. As for the 90%, I don't agree. I actually think many of the activities of RDR2 are more under my control, I'm amazed on the things I can do and interactions I can instigate on my own. Most every story game is fairly restrictive, not just open world. Any single player mode, in any game, has preset controls in place. Multiplayer is basically the only way to game if you don't want to follow preset paths/restrictions but I still prefer single player games.
In my opinion, RDR2 is a great accomplishment from a development standpoint but like any game won't appeal to everyone. There are a few things that bugged me but as a whole it was a very memorable game/experience, I enjoyed it very much. I got my monies worth.

The way this game presents itself, you would think it would set a new standard, or at least uphold its principles in the mission design with the things you can do in the open world. In missions and scripted events, this game can be more restrictive/limiting than some games that are otherwise deliberately more linear than RDR2. It doesn't just break the illusion of choice, it smashes it with a sledgehammer.

Hmm, I agree the RDR2 "story missions" are restrictive but how could they build a story without controlling some of the elements of the story. As for the 90%, I don't agree. I actually think many of the activities of RDR2 are more under my control, I'm amazed on the things I can do and interactions I can instigate on my own. Most every story game is fairly restrictive, not just open world. Any single player mode, in any game, has preset controls in place. Multiplayer is basically the only way to game if you don't want to follow preset paths/restrictions but I still prefer single player games.
In my opinion, RDR2 is a great accomplishment from a development standpoint but like any game won't appeal to everyone. There are a few things that bugged me but as a whole it was a very memorable game/experience, I enjoyed it very much. I got my monies worth.

With the 90% I meant generally speaking open-world titles.

But yeah this game does give you a bit more control. Especially since honor does actually change the game. And it's not just a cosmetic feature.

Version 1.04, Source: https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/11/red-dead-redemption-2-red-dead-online-patch-104/

Red Dead Redemption 2/Red Dead Online patch notes
Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode
General and Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
  • Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma
Red Dead Online Beta
General and Miscellaneous

• General stability improvements
  • Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
  • Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
  • Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’

Fixed an issue with sloppy controls, fixed an issue with a boring storyline, fixed an issue where players take 5 years to complete the compendium, fixed an issue where rdr 1 was better.

Show up your characters :D

This is Lia Morgan, Arthur's lost younger sister. She's a fearless hunter and ruthless against disonorable outlaws.

LiaMorgan-2.jpg

*the holsters need to be updated. They look so wrong with Mausers or Sawed-off shotguns.

Show up your characters :D

This is Lia Morgan, Arthur's lost younger sister. She's a fearless hunter and ruthless against disonorable outlaws.

View attachment 786049

*the holsters need to be updated. They look so wrong with Mausers or Sawed-off shotguns.
I thought the only two characters you could be in the game were Arthur or John Marston.

Did you give Arthur a sex change?
:odd:

Back