Red Dead Redemption - PS3, 360

I've had it since launch day and only just got into Mexico. Every time I get into playing it again I just mess around doing anything but the story.

Big Bump.

RDR2 might be on it's way:

Red Dead Redemption 2 & Bully 2 Teased

Adam Barnes

Here's a double whammy for Rockstar fans, the GTA 5 developer could be working on sequels to Red Dead Redemption and Bully.

Published on Jul 31, 2013

Rockstar Games has a huge fanbase, which is unsurprising considering some of the standout games it has produced over the years.

But alongside GTA 5 - which it is due for release on 17 September 2013 - it's clear that Rockstar will have something else in development, and these teases suggest some of the developer's favourite franchises are due sequels.

Red Dead Redemption 2

First off is Red Dead Redemption 2 - or whatever it will be called - which CEO of Take Two Strauss Zelnick suggests could be one of the company's 'permanent franchises'.

"Our goal is to try to create permanent franchises, that's the unique goal in the industry. Our competitors do not see it that way. Our competitors' view is that our franchise will have a certain life, and at the end of that life, you move onto the next thing, so you better make hay while the sun shines. Our view is to the contrary.

"And it's been our goal not just to preserve and grow the Grand Theft Auto franchise, but also to build other franchises that we think can be permanent, whether that's the Red Dead franchise or the Borderlands franchise or the BioShock franchise or others, Civilization, for example."

Zelnick added that "I think in certain instances, we'd like to see releases paced a little more closely together" suggesting that we might not have to wait so long for Red Dead Redemption 2. It could even be next-gen.

"I don't really think next-gen is going to change the production approach sufficiently, that will be the difference that makes the difference," said Zelnick.

Rockstar had previously teased that more details would be arriving soon about Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's not likely that we'll see this announced until after GTA 5 has been released.

source:http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2025542/red_dead_redemption_2_bully_2_teased.html

Would be cool if they did a HD remake of RDR on PS4 and maybe even a pc port. At the very least I expect the HD version on PS4 at some point.

Was bully the one where you played in a school with a guy wearing a white T-shirt? (think I remember this game to be enjoyable)

Excited for RDR 2 this series certainly needs a sequel.

As long as it doesn't feature the awful Jack Marston I'd love to see a second game, maybe about 10 years later than RDR to move a few things on.

Would be cool if they did a HD remake of RDR on PS4 and maybe even a pc port. At the very least I expect the HD version on PS4 at some point.

A remake of a three year old game? Why?

Was bully the one where you played in a school with a guy wearing a white T-shirt? (think I remember this game to be enjoyable)

Yep

As long as it doesn't feature the awful Jack Marston I'd love to see a second game, maybe about 10 years later than RDR to move a few things on.

Don't think there was enough cowboying/outlawing going on in 1920.
RDR was set in 1911 already the last decade of cowboys and such.

I'd rather see 10 years earlier.

I'd be so happy if this were to happen. I've been so eager to play another Red Dead for years!

I doubt if this does happen though that it will have anything whatsoever to do with Red Dead Redemption. As that had absolutely nothing to do with Red Dead Revolver on the Playstation 2. I'm guessing, (and hoping), that it's something completely new and will take place further back in time, as Redemption took place at the very end of the Western Era. It's most likely to go back to during the 1800's.

Exciting news nonetheless.

Red Dead Revolver wasn't really Rockstar's game though, it was a Capcom game they bought and modifed. Whilst Redeption was touted as a sequel that itself was really a new game, Rockstars from scratch. I doubt a third game would totally change things again.

Yep

Don't think there was enough cowboying/outlawing going on in 1920.
RDR was set in 1911 already the last decade of cowboys and such.

I'd rather see 10 years earlier.

Ah it's been a while, I forgot it was already that late.

A remake of a three year old game? Why?

Rdr was in HD..... They will definitively not re-release such a recent title.

Sub HD on PS3.

GOW II got remastered 3 years later, "omg why"? SOTC was 5 years later.

With RDR2 coming 2015/16 or later, a good time would be to redo RDR at 1080p. This would be 5-6 years on from release. That's enough reason but also there's many wanting a better version of this great game on pc or ps4/one.

Sub HD on PS3.

With RDR2 coming 2015/16 or later, a good time would be to redo RDR at 1080p. This would be 5-6 years on from release. That's enough reason but also there's many wanting a better version of this great game on pc or ps4/one.

Which one? Red Dead Revolver or Red Dead Redemption...

...people seem to Forget the first installment. The next one should be Named RD3 or RD...whatever

Sub HD on PS3.

A remaster isn't the same as a remake like you said first.

Just finished the story missions on this the other day and wow, what a game. Great story and gameplay, now just finishing off stranger missions and challenges. If GTAV is as good or better than this I will be stoked.

I enjoyed playing this gem back in 2010, but never got to finish the story.
So now, 4 years later it was the ideal time to start from the beginning (as i forgot most of it), and take it nice and slowly. Best game of last gen IMO.

Back