Red-Line

The story takes a crazy turn for the worse.:) Interested to see where this goes now, REALLY interested.;);)

What, no bread van? I guess it is impossible to actually get your 2 cars racing in the same race.:)

:

*added something to Chapter 21, please do so kindly read it.

It would have been more suspending if we didn't find out what the package was 5sec later.:lol: Still good though.:)

Oh, and phase3, that wouldn't by any chance mean GTHO would it? (All foreigners were just left scratching their heads :P)

At first I was thinking Tori was going to get to drive that RX-7, but no, it turns out he's still going to take a Civic against 3 rally cars, a Clio and an Integra on steroids. :dopey:

I really cant figure out how Tori is gonna pull this off. Bring on chapter 23! :D

Edit:
Paulie: Yeah, its quite impossible to race against a white Impreza Wagon anywhere. :indiff:

Oh, and phase3, that wouldn't by any chance mean GTHO would it? (All foreigners were just left scratching their heads :P)

Well what else would it mean ;)

Back on topic.
When can we expect the next release?

Civic needs a wash.

dang, i forgot. thanks for reminding me..,

The story takes a crazy turn for the worse.:) Interested to see where this goes now, REALLY interested.;);)

What, no bread van? I guess it is impossible to actually get your 2 cars racing in the same race.:)

I've tried, but I just can't.., :indiff::

It would have been more suspending if we didn't find out what the package was 5sec later.:lol: Still good though.:)

sorry for the late update.., :D

what's GTHO?? :confused:

At first I was thinking Tori was going to get to drive that RX-7, but no, it turns out he's still going to take a Civic against 3 rally cars, a Clio and an Integra on steroids. :dopey:

I really cant figure out how Tori is gonna pull this off. Bring on chapter 23! :D

Edit:
Paulie: Yeah, its quite impossible to race against a white Impreza Wagon anywhere. :indiff:

the Family Cup can't seem to generate it, even if i'm using my FD.., i'll try again later..,

Well what else would it mean ;)

Back on topic.
When can we expect the next release?

maybe not tomorrow, my whole family's going to the mall the next day..,

I've read all the chapters from begining up to the last one and =drifting24/7= I really have to say that......... I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE STORY UP TO NOW!!! 👍👍👍👍👍 .. Reading it over 3 hours was NO WASTE OF TIME ;) .. You're a great guy and one question: Why don't you let print a book with this story? :P 💡 .. And.. When I read the stories.. I feel miserable, because I haven't played GT4 for three months now, because my PS2 doesn't work and.. well.. I hope it will be fixed.. :( ..

And: Can you excatly tell me which FD it is which appears in your story? :)

Go on this way and best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb chapter! keep it up!

Looks like Tori is finally facing some real competition

I believe it is the 2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type A. Most likely in the exact specifications of the tune found at his garage.

Thank you very much .. I'm going to get GT4 work so I'll look up this car at the garage ;) .. Thank you again, you're welcome buddy :)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan

Who knows, I've seen some wieeeerrrrrd online names.:odd: But good to see another fan of Aussie muscle on here.:)

See, I told you foreigners would now be confused.:lol: I'm not turning your thread into another lecture on Australian automotive history.:lol:

hmph..... :lol:!!

DKX
Superb chapter! keep it up!

Looks like Tori is finally facing some real competition

he'll certainly be put to the test.., :mischievous:

I've read all the chapters from begining up to the last one and =drifting24/7= I really have to say that......... I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE STORY UP TO NOW!!! 👍👍👍👍👍 .. Reading it over 3 hours was NO WASTE OF TIME ;) .. You're a great guy and one question: Why don't you let print a book with this story? :P 💡 .. And.. When I read the stories.. I feel miserable, because I haven't played GT4 for three months now, because my PS2 doesn't work and.. well.. I hope it will be fixed.. :( ..

:eek: why thank you so much! you took 3 hours of your time just to read my story!

you mean I'll publish this story? well I really want to, but I'm too busy with other stuff, especially college life, AND I don't know how I will be able to publish it.., :indiff: but I would certainly like it to be published! :D:lol:

And: Can you excatly tell me which FD it is which appears in your story? :)

Go on this way and best wishes,

I believe it is the 2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type A. Most likely in the exact specifications of the tune found at his garage.

Thank you very much .. I'm going to get GT4 work so I'll look up this car at the garage ;) .. Thank you again, you're welcome buddy :)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan

RJ's correct, it's the Spirit R Type A.., it can be found in the Mazda Showroom..,

actually I changed the settings on that FD of mine.., the setup that's in my garage simply SUCKED :yuck:.., maybe i'll have an update on my garage in the next few days..,

Chapter 23 : That's Enough

Can I... not win??

"Kairi-san, do you think Tori will be able to win this race? From my point of view, you should have let him use your FD."
-"The Civic is just enough for this race. Based on my judgments, letting him use my car would be overkill. His skills are improving at a very rapid rate."
"If you say so. But, if he does manage to win this one..."
-"I know,Kyosuke. We'll proceed with our 'plan'."

"....No. I won't give up. I'll find a way on how I'll be able to win on this race."

IMG0007-4.jpg

"The corkscrew's coming up, I'll take my chances there. I'll do a late-braking technique, just hope my Civic doesn't go out of control."

IMG0008-3.jpg

"! A late-braking manuever on the corkscrew?! You have some guts pulling off that one!"

IMG0009-5.jpg

"That was perfect!"
"Rrngh, damn you kid!"

IMG0010-4.jpg

"Now for the next one. I can take the line similar to that of the RX-7."

IMG0011-3.jpg

"This kid's got some serious skills! He overtook a rally-bred machine?!"

IMG0012-4.jpg

"How could he brake so late? What kind of car is that?! You're freaking me out, man!"

IMG0013-4.jpg

"? A pass on the outside?? Your FWD Civic against my Evo? Hah, don't make me laugh."

IMG0014-3.jpg

"You're pretty impressive, you've manage to climb up to 4th."

IMG0015-4.jpg

"Their cars have a great advantage at the straight. I can't match their speed."

IMG0016-5.jpg

"! What kind of racing line is this kid's using?? I can't hold off my brakes like he does!"

IMG0017-4.jpg

"How'd the hell...?"

IMG0018-6.jpg

(looks at rear view mirror) "This is surprising. Are they slacking off? Or is Tori really that good? No matter, there's no way he can catch up to me."

IMG0019-4.jpg

"If I can maintain this pace, maybe...just maybe...I can win this."

IMG0020-3.jpg

"This guy's a speed demon! He managed to overtake all those Group A cars behind him?!"

IMG0021-5.jpg

"You're even better than what Roj said..."

IMG0022-5.jpg

"One more...just one more..."
"We're like playing a game of chess. First one to make a mistake loses."

IMG0038-3.jpg

"Too slow!!"
"He quickly blocked the inside line. He's good."

IMG0039-3.jpg

"Same old tricks won't work on me."

IMG0040-3.jpg

"Aaagh, dammit! Not now! Why'd it understeer??"
"There!"

IMG0041-3.jpg

"I'm not giving up without a fight!"

IMG0042-3.jpg

"The last corner. I'll just have to defend my position."

IMG0045-3.jpg

"I knew I should've re-adjusted the differential..."

IMG0046-3.jpg

"Check......and mate." *chuckles*
"ALL RIGHT! I did it, I won!"

IMG0047-3.jpg

[POV Shift]

Roj was the first one to congratulate me as soon as I got out of my car.

"What an amazing race back there. Your skills are godlike, you're able to beat 5 race-spec machines with just a Spoon Civic. May I see what modifications you've done to your car?"
-"Uh, sure. Why not?"

I popped up the hood, "Hmm, impressive. Simple but effective tuning, I like that. You've got some great mechanics over at your team. Congratulations, Mr. Akawa, you and your team deserve the win."
-"Arigato, every race I've won has always been a team effort."

After that, Kyosuke and Kairi came to me.

"Amazing Tori. You had me and Kairi-san speechless."
-"Thanks, Kyosuke-san."
"As always, you never cease to impress everyone."
-"Ehehe, arigato."

Kairi then spoke, "All right Tori, that's enough."
-"?? Pardon me, Kairi-san?"

"...That's enough."

-"Err, enough?? Enough of what??"

The two are taking a serious look at me. Something tells me they've been planning something other than our original goal right from the start.

next on Red-Line - Chapter 24 : The Hidden Agenda

don't miss it!!

Last edited:
Funny thing is I suck at chess too. :lol:

If only that was a night time race, I could've blinded you with my fog lights. ¬_¬'

Excellent race and another well written story to go with it. Hidden Agenda eh? Can't wait. :D

:eek: why thank you so much! you took 3 hours of your time just to read my story!

you mean I'll publish this story? well I really want to, but I'm too busy with other stuff, especially college life, AND I don't know how I will be able to publish it.., :indiff: but I would certainly like it to be published! :D:lol:

actually I changed the settings on that FD of mine.., the setup that's in my garage simply SUCKED :yuck:.., maybe i'll have an update on my garage in the next few days..,

Thank you so much, because you wrote such a nice story and yes, it took 3 hours, but it was worth it ;) 👍

If I were you, I would publish this story as soon as possible.. Really.. How it could be published, you asked.. mhh.. let me think about it and I'll tell you if I have a solution ;) ..

I would like to test the car with the best settings you've ever done 👍

I'll tell you my opinion about the new chapter by editing this post ;) Don't worry, I haven't done a doublepost yet :lol:

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan

EDIT: Just read the new chapter and.. err.. you made me speechless.. I mean: you always make the story so interesting, that I think Tori won't win, but he does :) .. Nice pictures, too ;) .. I can't await the next chapter :( :lol: ..

Have a nice day, =drifting24/7= ;) :cheers:

I like it, now I have read the rest and catch up with everything is this story. Keep up the good work man

What a great Christmas present for us,:D but be honest, did you use racing slicks for this one?:P Never cease to amaze us do you? With good story writing that is.:sly:

Funny thing is I suck at chess too. :lol:

I hate chess..,

If only that was a night time race, I could've blinded you with my fog lights. ¬_¬'

If Laguna Seca would have an Endurance race on, let's say 8 hours, on GT5, and the time of day changes, then maybe you could blind me with those fog lights..............NOT!! :)

Excellent race and another well written story to go with it. Hidden Agenda eh? Can't wait. :D

I'm still not able to draw out a certain car in the Special Condition Events, I'll try my luck later..,

Thank you so much, because you wrote such a nice story and yes, it took 3 hours, but it was worth it ;) 👍

If I were you, I would publish this story as soon as possible.. Really.. How it could be published, you asked.. mhh.. let me think about it and I'll tell you if I have a solution ;) ..

I would like to test the car with the best settings you've ever done 👍

I'll tell you my opinion about the new chapter by editing this post ;) Don't worry, I haven't done a doublepost yet :lol:

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan

EDIT: Just read the new chapter and.. err.. you made me speechless.. I mean: you always make the story so interesting, that I think Tori won't win, but he does :) .. Nice pictures, too ;) .. I can't await the next chapter :( :lol: ..

Have a nice day, =drifting24/7= ;) :cheers:

He always wins.., or does he now? :mischievous:

I like it, now I have read the rest and catch up with everything is this story. Keep up the good work man

thanks!

What a great Christmas present for us,:D but be honest, did you use racing slicks for this one?:P Never cease to amaze us do you? With good story writing that is.:sly:

Paulie those are sport tires, look at the lines on them. Nevertheless, Great chapter.

Keep up the good work!

If I would use slicks, it would be overkill.., :crazy:

Chapter 24 : The Hidden Agenda

Something tells me they've been planning something other than our original goal right from the start.

"I'll answer your question later, Tori. We have to return to the hotel first, our job here is done."

Kairi goes over to Roj, "We thank you for the time you spent for the race."
-"All of us thank you too, it was an incredible race. And Tori's an incredible driver."
"Hehe, Yes he is."

We bid our goodbye and left, and as soon as we got back I asked Kairi again.

"Uh, Kairi-san, what do you exactly mean by, 'that's enough'??"

Kairi didn't speak immediately. Silence, then he took a deep breath, "You have done enough. You've raced with your Spoon Civic enough times already. I really appreciate all that you've done."
-"Uh, y-you're welcome, Kairi-san!"

I can tell he's very happy. "You've accomplished so much, from back there in Japan when you were a street racer until now." He again places his hand on my car, as if it was his own. "I can't thank you enough for all your hard work, you're the only one who has been able to release the Civic's full potential."

"I want the Spoon rested now, together with all the glory it has achieved and the never-ending impression it has made on other racers. If you don't mind, Tori."
-"Come to think of it, yeah I've done a lot of racing with my Civic, Kairi-san. But, without the Civic, what will I be using?"

The moment I said that, Kyosuke appeared, "That's where our hidden agenda comes in."

"Huh? Hidden agenda?"
-"Yes. We'll explain it to you."

Kairi was the first one to explain, "Before we started the team, we have made other plans. Remember what I told you, that Kyosuke is the top driver of my racing school?"

He added, "He's not the ace driver for nothing, he beat every other one there."
Kyosuke spoke, "They were all small fry. Every time I took the lead from them in a race, they can't catch up anymore."
"Since then, we've been looking someone who can give Kyosuke a worthy challenge, maybe even a defeat."

All of what they said piece together. "So, that means...!"

Kyosuke interrupter me, "That is, until now. When we've heard about you and your races, we were fascinated."
-"What's more fascinating is that you have been using my old car, the Spoon Civic. When Kyosuke knew of your races together with the Civic, 'That's him, he has to be the one, ."

So, this is what the two of them have been scheming this whole time.

Kyosuke turned to Kairi, "Kairi-san, if you may allow me?"

Kairi returned a smile and nod.

"All right." He turned back to me, "Tori Akawa, I challenge you to a race!!"

I was a bit shocked at first. I kept silent for a few seconds, but without hesitation, -"I accept."

"You immediately accepted, good."

"Well then Kyosuke, since you have Tori's approval, I'll let him choose the venue for our race. Tori, where would you like to race against Kyosuke? Recall the places we've been at for the past few months."

I remembered all the places where we've raced like they all just happened yesterday.

Italy - Sicily

TheDownhillEssesII.jpg

Atthehairpin.jpg

Italy - the Meditteranean port town

RegainedtheLead.jpg

Dogfight.jpg

Northern France - Mont Blanc

IMG0021.jpg

IMG0026.jpg

Switzerland - The Alps

IMG0013.jpg

IMG0021-1.jpg

Germany - the newly-constructed race track

IMG0054.jpg

IMG0047-1.jpg

America - Infineon Raceway

SweeperII.jpg

IMG0040-2.jpg

America - Laguna Seca

IMG0013-4.jpg

IMG0039-3.jpg

After some careful thinking, I decided. "In Italy, where I had my first race for the team."
-"Kyosuke, is that fine with you?"
"Any place will do, that's cool with me."
-"Very well, I'll make the arrangements."

We hastily packed up, rushing back and forth to the rooms and garage.

"Moshi moshi? K's Racing School, Secretary's Office. How may I help you?"
-"It's me."
"! Sir, it's you again! What made you call?"
-"I need to speak to Hitomi again. Tell him I need that 'other package' I asked him to prepare."
"Hai, Kagiyama-san."
-"After that, also tell him to call me so that I can give him more details."
"Hai."

*at the plane, it got to a steady flight path*

"Tori, even though you're my teammate, I'll show no mercy on our race."
-"The same goes for me, Kyosuke-san."
"Good, I like that. But, just remember, after this we're still teammates and friends, all right?"
-"Of course!"

We shook hands to show and prove that this will be a friendly rivalry.

We're heading back to Italy, the place where Team MUGEN had its first races. Kyosuke's been looking forward to this ever since the team started. But, with the Civic having raced so many times, what car will I use? Am I going to use Kairi's FD RX-7 again, this time for real?

next on Red-Line - Chapter 25 : The Much-Awaited Race

don't miss it!!

Last edited:
NICE, I can see how this is drawing to an epic conclusion now.:dopey: Is Zinaida going to return before the end of the story? What will Tori drive? Will the next chapter be that last? So many questions, damn you d24/7, you're too good for your own good.:D

=drifting24/7= is hearing someone applauding.. "This can only be S-Line Audi Fan", he thought.. 💡 :P.. I thought that the story can't be made more interesting, but you taught me something different.. You, =drifting24/7= , are amazing 👍 .. Very nice story and as Paulie said: There are many questions to be answered.. ;)

Go on this way, buddy!!! :)

Noooooooooo Red-Line is coming to a close! :(

Nice twist in the tory there. Tori vs Kyosuke? Tori without his Civic? I can tell the finish to Red-Line will be amazing already.

Cant wait. :D

NICE, I can see how this is drawing to an epic conclusion now.:dopey: Is Zinaida going to return before the end of the story?

now that you mention it......

What will Tori drive? Will the next chapter be that last?

maybe..... :rolleyes:

So many questions, damn you d24/7, you're too good for your own good.:D

of course I am.., :sly:

=drifting24/7= is hearing someone applauding.. "This can only be S-Line Audi Fan", he thought.. 💡 :P.. I thought that the story can't be made more interesting, but you taught me something different.. You, =drifting24/7= , are amazing 👍 .. Very nice story and as Paulie said: There are many questions to be answered.. ;)

Go on this way, buddy!!! :)

...where?? :confused:

Is it drawing to a close? :nervous:

Noooooooooo Red-Line is coming to a close! :(

Nice twist in the tory there. Tori vs Kyosuke? Tori without his Civic? I can tell the finish to Red-Line will be amazing already.

Cant wait. :D

it will be amazing, don't worry.., 👍

DKX
A battle of epic proportions. Excellent! Can't wait to read

just as soon as I finish uploading mah pics..,

If it's anything like Initial D there should be a Red-Line, 2nd stage. :D I'm going to start the ENCORE chant!! :P

Bad pun there roj, very bad pun. :yuck::lol:

It was SO bad I thought it was just a typing error.:lol:

:lol::lol:

Back