Red-Zone Autoworks (Demonstration Car now out!)

I think I know what the problem is d24/7. It's something that usually happens with the gearbox that also occurs when you have a car with both power methods (NA & turbo) available. The Spoon is different as it's only NA. :odd:

The final ratio might be the same but the part combination causes a change in the default gear ratio after you hit default. The best car I found this glitch in *so to speak* was the Nissan Primera '90. I remember when I was tuning it for the 1/4 mile when I fitted the turbo, it would give me a longer set of ratios compared to Stage 3 NA even though the final ratio was the exact same after I hit default to reset a messed up gearing. I remember I couldn't get it as close as it was originally and couldn't understand why until I fitted the S3NA pack and hit default again.

The easiest solution to that is just hit the reset button, restart the tune and NOT press default. ;)

Since I can't sleep, I'll work out a way of setting the gears to how they need be for you ;)

It'll keep those same ratios, just a different process of getting there.

EDIT: Heey waitaminute...

I get your exact ratios D. :odd:

really?

I already did, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be very happy with my review.

(shotgun pointed at you) what's that?? I can't hear you, what?!

(in reality) :nervous:

I think I know what the problem is d24/7. It's something that usually happens with the gearbox that also occurs when you have a car with both power methods (NA & turbo) available. The Spoon is different as it's only NA. :odd:

The final ratio might be the same but the part combination causes a change in the default gear ratio after you hit default. The best car I found this glitch in *so to speak* was the Nissan Primera '90. I remember when I was tuning it for the 1/4 mile when I fitted the turbo, it would give me a longer set of ratios compared to Stage 3 NA even though the final ratio was the exact same after I hit default to reset a messed up gearing. I remember I couldn't get it as close as it was originally and couldn't understand why until I fitted the S3NA pack and hit default again.

The easiest solution to that is just hit the reset button, restart the tune and NOT press default. ;)

really? well that explains everything.., so, what should I do first? fit the NA Stage 2 or adjust the ratios??

dammit, I was about to post the new ratios I had when this ^^ came up.., *grumble* oh well..,

*edit - Honda Amuse S2000 R1 (AP2) updated - pic & setup

Last edited:
Hi d24/7 and fans of this garage!

Man, I just love the concept of drifting and really doing it with a clean run. Just like in Initial-D. I believe it's a big influence to me. And to see that you took the liberty of tuning my all time fav dream car, the MR2 G-Limited!

Since I have been always driving alone, I wanna get a feel of the benchmark timing for the MR2 if there is any. Then with that, I'll then know if I'm driving it to it's limits or not, or that I need to improve myself.

I see that CamryFan has done a review. If you have some lap times, could you let me know? This will let me know if my skills from driving alone offline will ever match the world's driving skills.

TimberW

Hi d24/7 and fans of this garage!

Man, I just love the concept of drifting and really doing it with a clean run. Just like in Initial-D. I believe it's a big influence to me. And to see that you took the liberty of tuning my all time fav dream car, the MR2 G-Limited!

Since I have been always driving alone, I wanna get a feel of the benchmark timing for the MR2 if there is any. Then with that, I'll then know if I'm driving it to it's limits or not, or that I need to improve myself.

I see that CamryFan has done a review. If you have some lap times, could you let me know? This will let me know if my skills from driving alone offline will ever match the world's driving skills.

TimberW

Glad to see that there's another MR2 lover 👍

hmm, let me get this straight.., you want to compare lap times on drifting?? I don't think lap times are a good way in comparing drifting skills.., you must be forgetting, this car was built for drifting, not time attacks.., this car was meant to go fancy on corners, not to tackle them.., if you want to compare your drifting skills with other online, I suggest you upload a video of you drifting your MR2 around your favorite course adn showing it to us 👍

=d24/7=

Why do you hate Skylines so much? They're class!

Hey Drifiting!!! I will try to write a review of the Nur Skyline and your new EK9 civic. I will have to buy a new civic because I absolutely love the old Touge setup. It was flipping brilliant! I can still get pretty darn low laptimes in Citti di Aria.

I tested the Spoon Civic setup, it seems fine to me.
Or mabye it's a ton better compared to my standards.
:lol:
Mabye you people are just paranoid.
:rolleyes:
EDIT: Nevermind, i had aids on...
:lol:

Last edited:
Wow, what a necro post! Ahh well, I am sure drifting likes your praise...

Yep, a necro post indeed.
:P
I'm going to test it without aids in a few hours.
Then I'm going to buy some of the cars that drifting has on here and tune 'em. ;)
I've never turned off aids, so I'm probably going to suck with the Civic on my first try.
Trial and error, my friend!
:cheers:

EDIT: I've tested the Civic setup without aids on Manual tranny, and the only problem I noticed was wheelspin while in 1st gear.
EDIT2: I tested the Mustang, again, wheelspin in 1st gear. Is it because of the aids being off? Oh, and it was redlining badly in 6th if I floored the throttle.
And will someone please post? Editing is annoying. :dunce:

Last edited:
Back