Red-Zone Autoworks (Demonstration Car now out!)

-= Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR MR (CT9A) =-
(422 hp)(413 ft.lb)

IMG0002-5.jpg

Parts List:

RC Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Computer Chip
Engine Balancing
FC Transmission
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 1 Turbo
RC Intercooler
RC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Rear Wing

Parts Settings:

Suspension

Spring Rate : 8.0 / 7.0
Ride Height : 123 / 125
Shock Bound : 4 / 3
Shock Rebound : 5 / 5
Camber : 2.4 / 1.2
Toe : 0 / 0
Stabilizer : 1 / 1

Transmission

Auto - 7
Final - 4.040
1st - 2.506
2nd - 1.807
3rd - 1.415
4th - 1.130
5th - 0.914
6th - 0.726

LSD

Initial- 10 / 10
Accel- 35 / 40
Decel- 5 / 15

Downforce - 14 / 10

Ah yes, the ever-so-popular CT9A chassis of the Lancer Evolution. While it may be popular, some people claim that the CP9A models are better. "In with the old, out with the new", if you know what I mean. This car, when tuned properly, generates blistering paces. And that is what we've just done. Speed and road-hugging handling are balanced, making it a safe race car. But that won't stop you from pushing this car to its limits.., 👍

Last edited:
Was tuning an Evo like this, gave me the ***** lol. Will test a long with the MR-2 G-Limited. I know I keep saying it but it will get done when my writing and GT-4 Zen merge together.

Red-Zone, Red-Line. Does one like the colour red?

Honda SPOON Integra Type R (DC2)

Good Points:It Sounds Nice,its fun and it got good brakes.

Bad Points:Its A little slow on Accl and Its got understeer that makes the car do wide turns

I Give This car 8/10

Plenty of red in the engine bay of Honda Type R's, too. ;)

Good luck with the new name! 👍

SVX
Honda SPOON Integra Type R (DC2)

Good Points:It Sounds Nice,its fun and it got good brakes.

Bad Points:Its A little slow on Accl and Its got understeer that makes the car do wide turns

I Give This car 8/10

thanks for the review :D.., you have 1 request from me, just PM me if you want a certain car tuned..,

Was tuning an Evo like this, gave me the ***** lol. Will test a long with the MR-2 G-Limited. I know I keep saying it but it will get done when my writing and GT-4 Zen merge together.

Red-Zone, Red-Line. Does one like the colour red?

maybe.., :rolleyes:

I'd dare to say one likes engines that like to rev.

also maybe.., :rolleyes:

The Honda Type R badge being red can't hurt ;)

idea never crossed my mind..,

Plenty of red in the engine bay of Honda Type R's, too. ;)

Good luck with the new name! 👍

same here..,

could it be that they are parts of a tachometer?? 💡

CamryFan spends time with an old friend in Red-Zone's NA MR-2

Some what of a cult classic, The Toyota MR-2 was the first Japanese car to show how an affordable sports car should be done, This however is Red-Zone's attempted at a Second Generation MR-2 and I've been driving it too see whats what. On first impressions that car is lowered slightly, the smooth seductive lines have been ruined with a rear spoiler and the interior, doesn't exist. But lets look at the numbers that matter. 276 horsepower, 1110 kilograms two thing this car is, light and fast. Oh and here's one thing that it isn't, turbocharged. I thought I had been treated to a day out with an over glorified 3S-GE. However I reserved my judgments until I hit the track.

I took my hire car to a little backstretch of mountain road that they call Deep Forest to see what the NA MR-2 had to offer. Whats important to note is that one look at the spec sheet should tell you that this isn't sold as an all out race car but more of a drift car, that is why it's fitted with N3 road tyres to remove some of the grip associated with racing sport tyres. As I entered Deep Forest I noticed as the road conditions worsened there was a noticeable shake in the car, it's something you get over quickly though. The NA motor was nothing to sneeze at either, with a full 40hp over the standard Turbocharged GTS it shows no sign of struggle on the uphill sections of Deep Forest.

The immediate thing I noticed compared to the standard car is the the Red-Zone MR-2 is the car rather “muted” compared to my daily driver GTS. The whole car is a lot softer and easier to drive then a standard GTS. Getting the tail out on a GTS requires little provocation toward oversteer and this NA MR2 is no different, Immediately on turn in the MR-2 shows it's skills with the rear sliding out just nicely. The close ratio box is well chosen, during the tight corners of Deep Forest a single gear holds the tail in check but for the longer first corner sweeper a shuffle of the gears mid corner see the tail out the hold slide. What I'm saying in essence is that the car is extremely controllable in terms of how big you want your slide. However the weak steering can become an issue with bringing the car back in check so keep that in mind.

All in all the Red-Zone MR-2 is a capable beast on the togue. The oversteer characteristics eliminate any thoughts of understeer and the high power low weight combination of the car means it will take on anybody, and if the drivers good, will win.

Last edited:
Camryfan NIce Review! 👍 For turning it into a story.

Thanks Lolcats. Always nice to get positive feedback, not that Im short of it. Riddled with grammer, spelling and plot holes as always.

P.S Want to be an automotive journalist.

Why update the Evo V? I was very impressed by it, loved how you got the 1.5 LSD to work for it.

It had a sort of FF-throttle-steer maneuver going on. That shouldn't be silenced.

CamryFan spends time with an old friend in Red-Zone's NA MR-2

Some what of a cult classic, The Toyota MR-2 was the first Japanese car to show how an affordable sports car should be done, This however is Red-Zone's attempted at a Second Generation MR-2 and I've been driving it too see whats what. On first impressions that car is lowered slightly, the smooth seductive lines have been ruined with a rear spoiler and the interior, doesn't exist. But lets look at the numbers that matter. 276 horsepower, 1110 kilograms two thing this car is, light and fast. Oh and here's one thing that it isn't, turbocharged. I thought I had been treated to a day out with an over glorified 3S-GE. However I reserved my judgments until I hit the track.

I took my hire car to a little backstretch of mountain road that they call Deep Forest to see what the NA MR-2 had to offer. Whats important to note is that one look at the spec sheet should tell you that this isn't sold as an all out race car but more of a drift car, that is why it's fitted with N3 road tyres to remove some of the grip associated with racing sport tyres. As I entered Deep Forest I noticed as the road conditions worsened there was a noticeable shake in the car, it's something you get over quickly though. The NA motor was nothing to sneeze at either, with a full 40hp over the standard Turbocharged GTS it shows no sign of struggle on the uphill sections of Deep Forest.

The immediate thing I noticed compared to the standard car is the the Red-Zone MR-2 is the car rather “muted” compared to my daily driver GTS. The whole car is a lot softer and easier to drive then a standard GTS. Getting the tail out on a GTS requires little provocation toward oversteer and this NA MR2 is no different, Immediately on turn in the MR-2 shows it's skills with the rear sliding out just nicely. The close ratio box is well chosen, during the tight corners of Deep Forest a single gear holds the tail in check but for the longer first corner sweeper a shuffle of the gears mid corner see the tail out the hold slide. What I'm saying in essence is that the car is extremely controllable in terms of how big you want your slide. However the weak steering can become an issue with bringing the car back in check so keep that in mind.

All in all the Red-Zone MR-2 is a capable beast on the togue. The oversteer characteristics eliminate any thoughts of understeer and the high power low weight combination of the car means it will take on anybody, and if the drivers good, will win.

finally, someone reviewed my MR2!! :D thanks for the lovely writeup, glad you liked it.., :)👍

Why update the Evo V? I was very impressed by it, loved how you got the 1.5 LSD to work for it.

It had a sort of FF-throttle-steer maneuver going on. That shouldn't be silenced.

well yeah, I gotta admit it had pretty good handling with the 1.5 LSD fitted.., try the new setup, see if it's better than the old one. works for me.., ;)

Hey drifting, will review your RWD and FWD entries within a week or two. Have you made any changes to the TCv4 settings?

Btw mate, dunno if I mentioned your RX-8 got the best time (I think) in our house for the RWD category. If it had been a more challenging base model it would have got 89-91pts. 'Red Rex' (as we called it, testing blind) caused an extended and rather entertaining argument between co-pilot and I. While we agreed it was easily the 'best car' in the category, when compared to the others it was not the 'best tune'.

PF
Hey drifting, will review your RWD and FWD entries within a week or two. Have you made any changes to the TCv4 settings?

Btw mate, dunno if I mentioned your RX-8 got the best time (I think) in our house for the RWD category. If it had been a more challenging base model it would have got 89-91pts. 'Red Rex' (as we called it, testing blind) caused an extended and rather entertaining argument between co-pilot and I. While we agreed it was easily the 'best car' in the category, when compared to the others it was not the 'best tune'.

1) I didn't change anything. Besides, changes to the settings are not allowed anymore.

2) I think this post should go to the Oookay, who is up for another tuner challenge?? thread..,

well, no complaints on your comments.., :)

-= Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec N1 (R32) =- 10km Special
(485 hp)(420 ft.lb)

(pic to follow soon, having some technical problems)

Parts List:

RC Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Computer Chip
FC Transmission
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 2 Turbo
RC Intercooler
RC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Rear Wing

Parts Settings:

Suspension

Spring Rate : 8.5 / 7.0
Ride Height : 121 / 121
Shock Bound : 3 / 4
Camber : 2.2 / 1.5

Transmission

Auto - 12
Final - 4.100
1st - 2.954
2nd - 2.030
3rd - 1.524
4th - 1.187
5th - 0.959
6th - 0.771

Downforce : 10 / 12

We are honored. Honored to have this car in our garage. The whole of RZA kneels down on the legendary "Godzilla" Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 as it rolls inside our factory, a car that has a great history behind it. The model we have acquired is an N1 version, meaning this thing is built for racing. This car popularized the RB26DETT engine, and since it was an N1 version, the engine itself is suped up. Compared to the standard RB26DETT, this one features a balanced crankshaft, upgraded pistons, improved water channels within the engine block, and steel turbine wheels for the twin turbochargers. All of these will make you say "Oh yeah baby" , and indeed we said that once we read the spec sheet. So, does this car need any tuning at all?? YES. Although the engine is impressive, the overall performance of the R32 isn't. Since this is a special car, we have to follow a delicate step-by-step tuning process. The car is quite heavy, so that's where we put out attention first. Removing any unnecessary materials from the car, we then shifted our attention to improving its handling, then its speed. Since this car also has the ATTESA-ETS drivetrain system built specifically for this car, it was quite unique so we didn't touch it, along with the engine which was already impressive. Our race-spec R32 GT-R N1 now features ventilated disc brakes, high performance tires, racing suspension, Nismo Stage 2 Turbochargers and a new intercooler, race-spec drivetrain components, and a rear wing for downforce and improved grip. The result of all of this?? An awesome racing machine.

as requested by ty00123 :

Mazda RX-8 Type S SE3P updated (setup)

BTW, the suspension and LSD settings are different than that of the TCv4 entry, minor changes made but everything else is the same.., ;)

Thinking the same thing.., hmmm..,

@ mafia-boy - Rriiiiight!! that FD Bathurst was an '01, missed it by a year, silly me.., :dunce::dopey::D

@ nd 4 holden spd - i don't know, i think there's something fishy going around here..,

wow that was a long tie ago, but yes, skylinefreak and cheeseman0777 are the same person. they are me. :) lol, but i will use cheeseman0777 all the time.

(steps inside) Whoa, man! *cough* it's dusty around here... .........(removes cobwebs)

if anyone is interested in a GT-R R34 Tune, please don't hesitate to ask, I'll post it here.., it should be better than what I had in TCv3.., also, expect some updates on the tunes, particularly the Amuse S2000 R1's..,

@ PF - yo buddy, you still around?? where are those reviews??

@ cheeseman0777 - what happened to skylinefreak ??

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34)

IMG0000-9.jpg

Parts List:

SR Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
FC Transmission
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 1 Turbo
Sports Intercooler
RC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Rear Wing

Parts Settings:

Suspension

Spring Rate : 9.0 / 8.0
Ride Height : 112 / 112
Shock Bound : 4 / 3
Camber : 2.3 / 1.2

Transmission

Auto - 9
Final - 3.100
1st - 3.655
2nd - 2.572
3rd - 1.955
4th - 1.539
5th - 1.243
6th - 1.003

LSD

Initial: 15 / 20
Accel: 45 / 50
Decel: 10 / 25

Downforce - 15 / 12

I hate to admit it. Yes, I've put up the car that I hate most here. The GT-R R34. But I just couldn't resist the awesome performance this car had to offer. Known to beat any other 275hp-class Japanese car except the Honda NSX-R, this tuner dominates the streets of Japan. Whereas most people like to tune this car for speed, we decided to tune this car for balance. Beefed-up suspension components give this car road-hugging handling, and for extra kick we decided to increase the displacement and change the twin turbochargers. We also decided on a gamble, fitting this car with a Limited-Slip Differential. Yes, we all know that the ATTESA ET-S Pro is a very sophisticated differential, but we decided to push our luck anyway. The result? This beast feels like both a RWD and an AWD at the same time.

And now, people... the moment we've all been waiting for. We are proud to present to you, our greatest achievement: our very own Demonstration EK9

Honda Spoon Civic Type R (EK9)

IMG0005-10.jpg

After more than one year of testing and tuning, this car is now ready for the open world, ready for racing. A lot of hard work has been put on this car to bring out its full potential. This car has showed its performance in test runs in Citta di Aria, Tsukuba Circuit, Deep Forest Raceway and Grand Valley Speedway, displaying excellent results. Touge or closed circuit, this car can handle it. Thanks to the LSD and with a little bit of throttle control on corners, this car now offers exceptional handling performance for a FWD. We believe that we have tuned this car to perfection.

IMG0007-8.jpg

IMG0009-9.jpg

IMG0003-9.jpg

Onto the setup!

Parts List:

NA Stage 2
Port Polish
Racing Brakes
Brake Balanced Controller
FC Transmission
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
RC Suspension
Oil Change

Parts Settings:

Suspension

Spring Rate : 10.5 / 8.0
Ride Height : 90 / 108
Shock Bound : 3 / 2
Shock Rebound : 4 / 3
Camber : 2.5 / 0.8
Stabilizer : 1 / 2

Transmission

Auto - 1
Final - 2.650
1st - 5.204
2nd - 3.746
3rd - 2.870
4th - 2.302
5th - 1.887
6th - 1.600

LSD

Initial: 15
Accel: 50
Decel: 5

Brake Balance Controller - 3 / 5

Ballast - 140
F/R Balance - 0

Last edited:
What are the brake balance controller settings? It doesn't show them.

EDIT: Also, my fifth gear only goes down to 1.903, not 1.887 as you state.

Last edited:
what the...?? my settings had those values.., but when I went to default and re-set it, the transmission showed different number ranges.., oh dear, I have to check again, don't test the car yet..,

Since I can't sleep, I'll work out a way of setting the gears to how they need be for you ;)

It'll keep those same ratios, just a different process of getting there.

EDIT: Heey waitaminute...

I get your exact ratios D. :odd:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back