Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
I pray that the MB Racing Truck isn't legit. It would be a greifer's paradise.

I pray that the MB Racing Truck isn't legit. It would be a greifer's paradise.

Even if the MB truck doesn’t make the game, could just use the Unimog or Volvo Iron Knight which have also been leaked.

One style of vehicle I was actually surprised we didn’t see in FH3 was a Dakar Truck, which the Unimog brings us closer to.

Then there's the Chrysler/AMC Eagle with the Eagle Talon. Though with the Eagle Speedster in the game, I doubt PG would be allowed to feature two very different manufacturers under ostensibly the same name.
AMC Eagle and Eagle Talon are unrelated cars, other than the name. When Chrysler bought AMC, they killed the Eagle model and used it as a brand name to sell captive imports made by Renault at first and then Mitsubishi. Also, there's no real reason to have the Eagle Talon in the game since it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

There are some names on your list I'm fairly certain are going to make it to FH4, especially Kia, Hyundai, and Lincoln. I'd love to see Citroën as well. The DS is long past due to make it into a car game, and this would be a perfect opportunity. (Okay, FH2 would have been an even better opportunity since it actually took place in France, but this is as good a time as any.)

Honestly, wouldn't that just mean the devs can pad the car list with 2 cars with very little effort? That's exactly what I'd expect from T10/PG.
Not sure why you'd expect that of them. I have no reason to feel that cynical about T10 or PG. It's just that using the comparable Mitsubishi (or the Plymouth Lazer for that matter) instead of the Eagle Talon would save them the trouble of having to differentiate between two different brands named Eagle.

Not sure why you'd expect that of them. I have no reason to feel that cynical about T10 or PG.

There's dozens of reskinned cars with different liveries counting as separate cars in FM7. Then there's all the Horizon Editions and Forza Editions that started with FH3. Take a car that's already in the game, paint it a solid color, give it a small bonus, and boom, an entirely new-to-the-series car! Granted, FM7 was somewhat better in this regard because T10 gave a few of them tacky bodykits that could not be removed.

Possibly its the WRC car of the team.

One car I forgot to mention in the updated files that hasn't been discussed: FOR_MSportFiesta_17. This isn't the GRC Fiesta we've seen as that's listed as FOR_14_FiestaGRC_17.

The curious part is that I can't really figure out what it's going to be, as searching "M Sport Fiesta" yields this:
msport_fiesta_gwyndaf_evans4.jpg

Which is sort of like a road-legal R2 rally car based on the outgoing model.

But searching "2017 Ford Fiesta M Sport" brings this:
Ford-Fiesta-WRC-2017-pictures-742570.jpg

Which is the newest generation and more of a full-fledged rally model.

So I'm not actually sure which one it is, but one of those cars is in the game.[/QUOTp
One car I forgot to mention in the updated files that hasn't been discussed: FOR_MSportFiesta_17. This isn't the GRC Fiesta we've seen as that's listed as FOR_14_FiestaGRC_17.

The curious part is that I can't really figure out what it's going to be, as searching "M Sport Fiesta" yields this:
msport_fiesta_gwyndaf_evans4.jpg

Which is sort of like a road-legal R2 rally car based on the outgoing model.

But searching "2017 Ford Fiesta M Sport" brings this:
Ford-Fiesta-WRC-2017-pictures-742570.jpg

Which is the newest generation and more of a full-fledged rally model.

So I'm not actually sure which one it is, but one of those cars is in the game.

As they did with FH3, I expected they to focus on British cars.

... Oh, I'd sure have been glad if I were a fan of McLaren.
But I'm a fan of Rover(not Land rover) and MG. There are no new cars in these brands. It's just a return from FM4.

By now we know the drill. FH4s car list will be pretty much FM7 plus dlc minus most race cars. The good, new stuff will show up later with dlc & expansions.

Pretty much this. If you are hoping for "new to the franchise" cars in the vanilla list, you are bound to be disappointed for the most part.

What I am surprised about are cars produced after 2017 not making the cut, like the Honda Odyssey, Civic Type R (FK8) and Hyundai Veloster N. I'm hoping these turn out to be Forzathon prizes.

Man, why can't they add the latest models of the RS5, M5, E63 AMG etc? I am honestly sick and tired of them sticking with their models they licensed in 2013 or whenever. 5 years later and they keep giving me those older models. I thought the game is supposed to represent the pinnacle of automotive gaming (together with fm7), yet they are not up to date with the models. I don't mind older ones, but you gotta have in such a AAA game the latest ones too. Heck, even a small game like Assetto Corsa has the latest V12 Ferrari (812 Superfast) and the Huracan Performante. Both also absent in FM7 as well as in FH4 (as it seems).

Man, why can't they add the latest models of the RS5, M5, E63 AMG etc? I am honestly sick and tired of them sticking with their models they licensed in 2013 or whenever. 5 years later and they keep giving me those older models. I thought the game is supposed to represent the pinnacle of automotive gaming (together with fm7), yet they are not up to date with the models. I don't mind older ones, but you gotta have in such a AAA game the latest ones too. Heck, even a small game like Assetto Corsa has the latest V12 Ferrari (812 Superfast) and the Huracan Performante. Both also absent in FM7 as well as in FH4 (as it seems).

You've got to wait for the DLC for more of those 2017+ vehicles, that's how it works these days.

You've got to wait for the DLC for more of those 2017+ vehicles, that's how it works these days.

i've come to a point where i actually would be glad if this was true, but as you can see from fh3 and fm7 car packs, it was really not the case. i feel that 80% of the cars really no one wanted and the other 20% were just some more exotic cars, but not what i mentioned.
i would actually pay money for a so called CEO-car pack, including s class merc, Audi A8, 7Series BMW etc.
but i doubt we will ever see something like this. i mean, how cool would it be? :)

I don't get it when people claim that those ridiculous SUVs, oddballs and offroad trucks have a place in FM(which I don't have an issue with), but race cars aren't welcome in FH.

Can someone explain this double standard to me?

I don't get it either since they also don't raise much fuss over track day cars like the FXX-K, Vulcan and Zonda R being in Horizon and those are basically the same thing.

You know what bothers me, they keep putting these freaking racing cars in an open world game. It's odd and despite the horizons being excellent games to me it throws a head scratcher. Like why not add more dune buggies, trucks, SUVs , road cars...but it's T10 at their finest since all we had was tons of trucks and offroaders in Forza 7.

Race cars make total sense in Horizon. If you are going to have a huge car festival that draws thousands of people then why wouldn't some racing series try to use that as a way to get their brand some exposure?

More useless Forza Edition cars to pad out the car list.

The Racecars should not be cut. I would love to even see an LMP1 in a open world racing game. Afterall it is a videogame. Videogames push imaginations.

More useless Forza Edition cars to pad out the car list.

They don't seem to count towards the advertised number for Horizon games so I'm fine with them. Going off the leaked list there's 456 cars not including any Horizon Edition's (482 with).

Thinking outside the box, what if ( and hoping so) one of the Expansions has a UK track within it say like Silverstone, which would subliminally tie both franchises together and it would allow us to make better use of these track cars they keep putting back in... Could be a good idea.

Damn, am i the only one that misses how many Hondas were in forza 2? Wish they would bring back the 1993 EG, 1989 EF 1994 prelude si or 1997 prelude type S etc..

But atleast the CRX is back but lmao at the Unimog and racing truck, what an absolute mad lad

V12 swap racing truck and unimog greifers....

(...)but lmao at the Unimog and racing truck, what an absolute mad lad

V12 swap racing truck and unimog greifers....

Aren't you people forgetting that, unless they are your friends, they won't be able to grief you? At least, that's how I understand the system works, if they're strangers, they're ghosted when around you.

• I4NM_Redtop - was in FH3, unsure what it was used on, possibly the buggies
This engine was one of the UK's most beloved engine swaps in the 90s and early 2000s. Still is now to an extent. It's the Vauxhall C20XE as featured in the Cavalier and Astra GSi, at one point with a Cosworth cylinder head. If we get one of those, Oh boy.

If anyone's mentioned it, I've missed it, but these file names don't seem to map perfectly onto any already-in-Forza cars:

FER_250GT_60 (There are a zillion Ferrari 250 variants, but none of the ones we've had in Forza have been 1960 models. Could be the 250 GT California with a different model year.)
FER_500TR_54 (closest fit is probably the '53 500 Mondial, but "TR_54"?)

These two confused me at first, but I think I've figured them out:

fer_f142_10 (the 458 Italia, which was code-named F142 before it launched)
FER_F151_11 (the FF, chassis code F151)

Also, if the apparent model years in the following names are correct, then these cars have changed model year since the last time we saw them:

FER_166MMB_49
FER_250GTLusso_63
fer_250lm_65
fer_488gtb_16
FER_CaliforniaT_15
FER_F12_13
fer_fxxk_16
MER_W154_47
VW_Beetle_66

I dunno what it is with all the Ferraris changing model years. The 458 Italia ,458 Speciale, 512TR, 599 GTO, and California have already changed MYs between Forza games in the past.

I'm looking forward to the Class 5 VW Beetle, and hoping that the MSport car is the full WRC car (although I'll settle for an R2 or R5).

Back