Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
Let us not forget that memory budget is also a concern, especially at launch (the game has to fit in a single disk, period), but also later on, with updates (you can't have a game with a 200 GB weight, can you?). But regardless, I could see some of the more egregious cars come back via Forzathon - or perhaps, via additional Barn Finds? That is something that was done for FH3 already, after all, and the guys at PG are creatures of habit...

It's a shame though. Many of the cars that aren't on the leaked list are for the most part niche models you don't often find in other racing games than Forza. Those are the ones I'd be excited to try in FH4 and not the myriad of mainstream choices. Maybe there'll be a few Forzathon and Barn Find exclusives. Anyway, let's not conclude too much until the car list has been announced, but I'd say the writing is on the wall.

Last edited:
It's a shame though. Many of the cars that aren't on the leaked list are for the most part niche models you don't often find in other racing games than Forza. Those are the ones I'd be excited to try in FH4 and not the myriad of mainstream choices. Maybe there'll be a few Forzathon and Barn Find exclusives. Anyway, let's not conclude too much until the car list has been announced, but I'd say the writing is on the wall.

Heh, same. Honestly, some of the choices are baffling enough that I am inclined to believe this is in no way the definitive car list.

Bringing it back to FH4 and all of the leaks, this would suggest that perhaps something like FH5 wouldn't come out until 2021 or even later, letting Motorsport breathe a year and come out in 2020. And the feature set of FH4 lines up with this, I mean it's built from the ground up to be a more engaging, long-term title than any previous FH Game. Seasons, Shared World, Blueprint, Forzathons every week/day/hour, Forzathon shop etc. In order to facilitate that longevity, you need content, and I'm sure that's where a lot of the "cut" or "chosen not be ported" cars come in. Manufacturer spotlight has been a thing in FM7 for two months and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to FH4 e.g. It's Mercedes week in Horizon! Drive the all new 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 Sedan in the latest car pack. Also, the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is now available Forzathon shop for x number of points!

Let's just hope PG doesn't take inspiration from FM7 and it's not going to be a repeat of Hey, great news! A fifth of the car list will be locked away in the Forzathon shop and won't be accessible for years down the line! Don't forget to check back next year!

Let's just hope PG doesn't take inspiration from FM7 and it's not going to be a repeat of Hey, great news! A fifth of the car list will be locked away in the Forzathon shop and won't be accessible for years down the line! Don't forget to check back next year!
I doubt they will, but to be honest, I share this concern. Locked base content cars was the single worst idea T10 ever had. And that's saying something.

If that car list was at say 600 at launch for FH4 I'd say they'd be doing a similar thing to FM7. Since the car list has so much cut stuff (So far) I don't think they'll do this. Instead, it'll be more of a evolution of FH3, which was only around 30 unique models added post launch, not including the launch model count. Furthermore, the Forzathon system has seemed to have changed for FH4 in which instead of doing a challenge and earning a prize, you'll earn points to then spend at the shop, giving you more choice to get what you want.

Just had a thought about all the pre-war grand prix cars in the leak.

None of the ones found have been modeled with headlights in Forza and I don't believe these cars were ever fitted with headlights IRL. Surely PG is not going to plop them down into an open world game with day-night cycles, right? Added to that, the rally style lights that can be fitted to some cars are purely cosmetic in Forza and provide no extra visibility (hell, some of them don't light up at all...).

I imagine that PG would want to avoid incessant complaints about a lack of night visibility in some cars in the easiest way possible by not putting those cars in the game in the first place. That and the potential for online racing carnage. So, it's rather strange that they're in the game files.

Have there ever been cars in Horizon that came with no headlights?

Just had a thought about all the pre-war grand prix cars in the leak.

None of the ones found have been modeled with headlights in Forza and I don't believe these cars were ever fitted with headlights IRL. Surely PG is not going to plop them down into an open world game with day-night cycles, right? Added to that, the rally style lights that can be fitted to some cars are purely cosmetic in Forza and provide no extra visibility (hell, some of them don't light up at all...).

I imagine that PG would want to avoid incessant complaints about a lack of night visibility in some cars in the easiest way possible by not putting those cars in the game in the first place. That and the potential for online racing carnage. So, it's rather strange that they're in the game files.

Have there ever been cars in Horizon that came with no headlights?

They're going to have headlights, much like how the Peel P50 will have a reverse gear even though the classic ones do not.

I somehow doubt they're going to completely remodel the cars just for FH4 and keep separate ones just for the Motorsport series. It's going to look rather strange to have lights beaming out from the bodywork.

In FM you can still use cars without headlights at night, it’s just pitch black obviously. I suspect they’d just do the same. People wouldn’t be too happy having headlights forced on to a car that didn’t actually have them. They might have them as a cosmetic option for peopl who do want them.

The one thing that remains true of seemingly every car game I play, is there's always a handful of people in denial about it, whether it's a car list, track list, premiums and standards, features, etc.
You could have T10 jumping with a sign saying that is all and there would still be online theories on what was secretly coming. (Nothing)

Just sayin

The one thing that remains true of seemingly every car game I play, is there's always a handful of people in denial about it, whether it's a car list, track list, premiums and standards, features, etc.
You could have T10 jumping with a sign saying that is all and there would still be online theories on what was secretly coming. (Nothing)

Just sayin

There is also a handful of people who would wait for official confirmation before believing that a car list compiled from a leaked, pre-alpha version of the game which doesn't actually contain cars that were prominently showcased in trailers is the final car list. But hey, nvm.

There is also a handful of people who would wait for official confirmation before believing that a car list compiled from a leaked, pre-alpha version of the game which doesn't actually contain cars that were prominently showcased in trailers is the final car list. But hey, nvm.

Exactly this, I fall into this group. No one here can say anything about what is coming except the developers. Leaks such as this should be taken with a a grain of salt, especially this early and not containing cars we know are in the trailer.

It's not about being in denial; its about not believing everything you read on the Internet. Until we have official confirmation this is the complete, official car list, we have no reason to believe otherwise.

Sure, it contains 462 cars, but how do we know all of those cars will make the cut?

@CSLACR kind of has point though. I'm not saying anyone is in denial, but it's true that we often see these "no way this info can be true" and then it nearly always turns out that it could. Besides, every now and then Forza has a habit of choosing content no one really understands. Again, let's just hold our horses until the facts arrive.

Of course it could be true, but as we've seen with the postings of @TheAdmiester, what's in the files doesn't always represent what's in the game.

Yes, but his findings usually reveal potential DLC cars. Some eventually come and some seemingly don't.

What we're seeing here is a list of cars where 99% have appeared in Forza before, and the numbers already add up with something close to the minimum requirements for the announced "more than 450 cars". It's not unreasonable to expect some changes before release, but people might be setting themselves up for disappointment by taking such changes for granted because something doesn't add up from a logical point of view.

I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 wanted to include the Chevrolet Colorado and the Nissan Safari to FM7 just because. Playground Games might then prefer to go with the Auto Union Type D and Mercedes W154 just because. I hope this isn't the case though, but funny priorities are definitely not foreign to Forza.

Yes, but his findings usually reveal potential DLC cars. Some eventually come and some seemingly don't.

We also usually see plenty of stuff leftover from previous games that for whatever reason still exist in the background to some extent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 wanted to include the Chevrolet Colorado and the Nissan Safari to FM7 just because.

Again, let's just hold our horses until the facts arrive.

Interesting. Are you referring to the handful of people speculating Britain as the location for FH4 following the last round of leaks?
Not at all.
I'm talking about how after some kind of released information, the human mind's ability to manipulate itself subconsciously comes out to play.

Don't take it so personally, check all the pre-release FM7, GTS, GT6, and GT5 threads if you don't believe me.
There's always a "reason" behind the disbelief, but from what I can recall the "information" that is debated has a strong tendancy to be true.

Of course it could be true, but as we've seen with the postings of @TheAdmiester, what's in the files doesn't always represent what's in the game.
What I'm saying isn't about merit, and it isn't about how well it can be argued.

There's always a reason someone has for why everything isn't true.
I'm not saying this car list is 100% yet, but I did see someone guess the game will release with 600 cars!

I hope I'm wrong when I estimate that list is over 95% complete, I truly do.

But I keep my pants on during the well-named pre-release period.

Don't take it so personally, check all the pre-release FM7, GTS, GT6, and GT5 threads if you don't believe me.
There's always a "reason" behind the disbelief, but from what I can recall the "information" that is debated has a strong tendancy to be true.

Not when it comes to Forza Motorsport leaks. And I haven't seen the attitude you have described being prevalent here. Don't get me wrong, I share your opinion that the list is most likely 95% complete (heck, I said "99%" a while ago, so you know I am not being blindly optimistic :lol:), but I am adopting a "wait and see" attitude, and I am definitely not alone in that around these parts.

Still, sorry for getting a bit passive-aggressive... I am grumpy when I haven't had my coffee yet. :scared:

I'm not saying this car list is 100% yet, but I did see someone guess the game will release with 600 cars!

To be fair, right now we have too many cars, and not enough manufacturers (at least according to the "over 100 manufacturers" tagline that's been thrown around. Of course, it could always be wrong... I don't think FM7 has more than 80!). And again, cars featuring in the trailers are a no-show, there are no files around for the rolling version of most Barn Finds yet, and we have vehicles that one would realistically expect to not see in the game (i.e. the Warthog, which - like the Chryslus Rocket 69 in FM6 and the Quartz Regalia - was added in as part of a cross-promotion and has outlived its usefulness) still present in the game files. Which is not to say, again, that there may be more cars coming to the game - however, it is clear that we shouldn't expect this to be the final car list either.

To be fair, right now we have too many cars, and not enough manufacturers (at least according to the "over 100 manufacturers" tagline that's been thrown around. Of course, it could always be wrong... I don't think FM7 has more than 80!). And again, cars featuring in the trailers are a no-show, there are no files around for the rolling version of most Barn Finds yet, and we have vehicles that one would realistically expect to not see in the game (i.e. the Warthog, which - like the Chryslus Rocket 69 in FM6 and the Quartz Regalia - was added in as part of a cross-promotion and has outlived its usefulness) still present in the game files. Which is not to say, again, that there may be more cars coming to the game - however, it is clear that we shouldn't expect this to be the final car list either.

To clarify on the situation with the Warthog, it's definitely returning. FH4 has voiceover sound files for Cortana and a Pelican pilot from Halo, and there's a sky type named "HaloAR_SKY01". There's almost certainly going to be some kind of Halo minigame or Stories event, so the Warthog makes more sense now than ever.

To clarify on the situation with the Warthog, it's definitely returning. FH4 has voiceover sound files for Cortana and a Pelican pilot from Halo, and there's a sky type named "HaloAR_SKY01". There's almost certainly going to be some kind of Halo minigame or Stories event, so the Warthog makes more sense now than ever.

...WHAT.

upload_2018-6-28_18-39-30.png

upload_2018-6-28_18-39-45.png

I'd love to see a cross promotion with Fallout76 so we can have a reason to get the Chryslus in Horizon finally.
EDIT: In fact wasn't there some clue to another Fallout car in the FH3 leak?

Back