Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
I don't get it either since they also don't raise much fuss over track day cars like the FXX-K, Vulcan and Zonda R being in Horizon and those are basically the same thing.

Not just the same thing, but all three of those cars can significantly outperform many of the road-car based race cars people complain about. Lets not forget the One:1 and Huayra BC.

If they've already gone through the trouble of modeling track cars for the Motorsport series no one loses by them tossing a few into the Horizon series. Personally I'd love the chance to throw the Renault F1 car around some winding English roads, but that likely will never happen. I don't get the complaints that it doesn't seem fitting when the entire game centers around turning an entire country into a lawless speed festival, as if that doesn't require pretty heavy suspension of disbelief on it's own.

If they've already gone through the trouble of modeling track cars for the Motorsport series no one loses by them tossing a few into the Horizon series
If they are genuinely stuck for disc space like they said they were for Horizon 3, it means other cars are getting booted for them to be there.

I honestly wish they'd just let you have all of the cars in Horizon games, even if an install disc was needed. The horizon games almost certainly sell better than Motorsport. I do wonder sometimes if they keep the car list higher for Motorsports as a incentive to keep buying them.

List of road cars not found on leaked FH4 car list:

Abarth 500 esseesse
Abarth Punto SuperSport
Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Spider
Alfa Romeo Montreal
Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Alfa Romeo Milano QV
Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
AMC Pacer X
AMC Gremlin X
AMC Rebel 'The Machine'
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600
Aston Martin DBS
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Audi S4
Audi Q7 V12 TDI
Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
BMW 328
BMW 507
BMW M635 CSi
BMW 850 CSi
BMW 323ti Sport
BMW Z8
BMW M6 Coupe (2010)
Buick GSX
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
Cadillac Escalade ESV
Chevrolet Vega GT
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary SS
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2012)
Chevrolet SS
Chevrolet Camaro SS (2016)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Chrysler 300 SRT8
Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
Citroën 2CV
Datsun 2000 Roadster
Dodge Coronet WO23
Dodge Coronet Super Bee
Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS
Dodge SRT-4 ACR
Dodge Charger SRT8
Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
Dodge Dart GT
Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
Ferrari 166 Inter Sport
Ferrari 250 California (maybe it's the FER_250GT_60)
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Ferrari California
Fiat 8V Supersonic
Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe
Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
Ford Falcon XR GT
Ford Mustang Mach 1
Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III
Ford Mustang II King Cobra
Ford Falcon GT
Ford SVT Cobra R (1995)
Ford Shelby GT500 (2007)
Ford Mustang GT (2015)
Ford Falcon XR8
Ford Focus ST
GMC Syclone
HDT VK Commodore Group A
Holden FX Sedan
Holden 50-2106 FX Ute
Holden Monaro GTS 327
Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
Holden HSV W427
HSV GTSR
HSV GTS (2011)
Honda S800
Honda Civic CRX Mugen
Honda Civic Si (1986)
Honda Civic Si (2014)
Honda Prelude Si
Honda Prelude Type SH
Honda Civic Type R (2018)
Honda Odyssey
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Hyundai Veloster Turbo (2013)
Hyundai Veloster Turbo (2019)
Hyundai Veloster N
Infiniti G35 Coupe
Infiniti IPL G37 Coupe
Infiniti Q60 Concept
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Kia Stinger
Lamborghini Jalpa
Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged (2012)
Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged (2014)
Lexus SC300
Lexus IS F
Lexus LFA
Lexus GS350 F Sport
Lexus IS350 F Sport
Lexus RC F
Lincoln Continental
Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190
Maserati 300 S
Maserati Ghibli Cup
Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Maserati Levante S
Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II
Mazda RX-3
Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
Mazda MX-5 Miata (1990)
Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Mazda MX-5 Super20
McLaren 12C
McLaren P1 GTR
Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG
Mercedes-Benz SLR
Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG
Mercury Coupe
Mercury Cougar Eliminator
Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
Mitsubishi GTO
Nissan Silvia (1966)
Nissan R380 II
Nissan Safari Turbo
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
Nissan Juke Nismo RS
Opel GT
Opel Kadett GT/E
Peugeot 308 GTI
Plymouth Fury
Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
Plymouth Prowler
Pontiac GTO
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (1969)
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air
Pontiac G8 GXP
Pontiac Solstice GXP
Porsche 906 Carrera 6
Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
Porsche 928 GTS
Porsche 911 Turbo S Leichtbau
RAM Ram Runner
Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
Renault Sport Clio V6
Rolls Royce Wraith
Rolls Royce Dawn
Scion tC
Spania GTA Spano
SRT Viper GTS
Sunbeam Tiger
Subaru 360
Subaru BRAT GL
Subaru SVX
Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT
TAMO Racemo
Tesla Model S P85D
Toyota 2000GT
Toyota Celica GT
Toyota FJ40
Toyota Corolla SR5
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
Toyota MR2 SC
Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185
Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST205
Toyota MR2 GT
Toyota Supra RZ
Toyota Celica SS-I
Toyota GT-86
Ultima GTR 720
Vauxhall Astra VXR (2006)
Vauxhall Corsa VXR (2009)
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Tech Line Top Gear Edition
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L
Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
Volvo 123 GT
Volvo 1800E
Volvo S60 Polestar
Volvo XC90 R-Design
W Motors Lykan Hypersport

Last edited:
I swear if the cars that aren't listed are in a specialty dealership, and if said dealership is treated just as badly as the one in Forza 7, I will not be a happy camper. Hopefully the list is incomplete, because there are some very questionable exclusions and inclusions.

The amount of people on the YouTube comments section who just come to conclusions about the car list without actually researching it properly is alarming.

It's possible that this car list is not even up to date. Maybe it hasn't been properly updated since an early build dating back to months before E3.

If they are genuinely stuck for disc space like they said they were for Horizon 3, it means other cars are getting booted for them to be there.

I hadn't considered that, but now I'm wondering if the game will even be able to fit on a single disc as it is. With 4x the world detail (mostly due to seasonal changes), and 100~ more cars than FH3 had at launch I'll be really impressed if they found a way to squeeze that much content onto a disc. Especially if they were already struggling for space with the previous game.

I swear if the cars that aren't listed are in a specialty dealership, and if said dealership is treated just as badly as the one in Forza 7, I will not be a happy camper. Hopefully the list is incomplete, because there are some very questionable exclusions and inclusions.

If the cars were just locked behind a nonsense "feature", they'd still be in the game files.

The '99 Viper ACR is still there as well; don't recall if it's been touched or not in years.

That one and both R32s (the Nissan and the VW) have not been touched upon since forever. The R32 GT-R is probably the worst looking model in the game.

This has to be the biggest mistake any Game developer has ever made: Forza Horizon 4 has been able to preload today... The whole game has been leaked.

Either someone on the store team is going to get a talking to or it went wrong on Microsofts end! It seems a bit of a strange coincidence that the developer build of Horizon 3 made it live too, I hope nobody is purposely leaking things.

Last edited:
That one and both R32s (the Nissan and the VW) have not been touched upon since forever. The R32 GT-R is probably the worst looking model in the game.
I think the 993 GT2 they brought back looks pretty old as well. At least, when you're in the chase cam, it does around the tail lamps. They don't seem to have much depth/detail to them.
maxresdefault.jpg

That list has to be incomplete! No way they shoved questionable cars like the Safari Turbo, Colorado ZR2, etc. into FM7 and not letting them into FH4!

It must be, I don't see any trace of the Morris Minor which has already been shown in the E3 trailer and in at least one IGN featurette.

Weird theory speculation time, makes little sense to begin with but hang in with me, I'll bring it back around;

This quote from Dan at E3 sorta hung with me

“It’s now about involving the community, and as Brian said, Forza Motorsport 7 – 15 updates, but also 100% of Turn 10’s Motorsport team is still working on Forza Motorsport 7, now going on nine months on,” Greenawalt concluded. “This sort of community involvement is super critical.”

This would suggest that Turn 10 isn't really working on Forza Motorsport 8 at this stage, and that makes sense given the features coming to the game so late in it's development cycle (not done by T10 before).

Phil Spencer also made some comments about franchise fatigue (with regards to Halo, but the point still stands), and Matt Booty, the new head of First Party for Microsoft Studios (who Turn 10 directly report too) has continually reiterated that more creative freedom is paramount to all first party studios. Bascially make whatever you want. I think Turn 10 have to decided to rectify the misgivings for FM7, and turn it into the game they thought it should have been, rather than do what they'd usually do and abandon ship until FM8. Which leads me to believe FM8 isnt coming out in 2019. I mean, if all the team is still on FM7 like Dan says, it's not hard to believe.

Bringing it back to FH4 and all of the leaks, this would suggest that perhaps something like FH5 wouldn't come out until 2021 or even later, letting Motorsport breathe a year and come out in 2020. And the feature set of FH4 lines up with this, I mean it's built from the ground up to be a more engaging, long-term title than any previous FH Game. Seasons, Shared World, Blueprint, Forzathons every week/day/hour, Forzathon shop etc. In order to facilitate that longevity, you need content, and I'm sure that's where a lot of the "cut" or "chosen not be ported" cars come in. Manufacturer spotlight has been a thing in FM7 for two months and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to FH4 e.g. It's Mercedes week in Horizon! Drive the all new 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 Sedan in the latest car pack. Also, the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is now available Forzathon shop for x number of points!

You get the idea. But yeah, this could all be completely wrong but I thought it's definitely an interesting point to bring up, especially with all of the changes going along in 1P at MS. And yes it does relate to these leaks..sort of ;)

Weird theory speculation time, makes little sense to begin with but hang in with me, I'll bring it back around;

This quote from Dan at E3 sorta hung with me

This would suggest that Turn 10 isn't really working on Forza Motorsport 8 at this stage, and that makes sense given the features coming to the game so late in it's development cycle (not done by T10 before).

Phil Spencer also made some comments about franchise fatigue (with regards to Halo, but the point still stands), and Matt Booty, the new head of First Party for Microsoft Studios (who Turn 10 directly report too) has continually reiterated that more creative freedom is paramount to all first party studios. Bascially make whatever you want. I think Turn 10 have to decided to rectify the misgivings for FM7, and turn it into the game they thought it should have been, rather than do what they'd usually do and abandon ship until FM8. Which leads me to believe FM8 isnt coming out in 2019. I mean, if all the team is still on FM7 like Dan says, it's not hard to believe.

Bringing it back to FH4 and all of the leaks, this would suggest that perhaps something like FH5 wouldn't come out until 2021 or even later, letting Motorsport breathe a year and come out in 2020. And the feature set of FH4 lines up with this, I mean it's built from the ground up to be a more engaging, long-term title than any previous FH Game. Seasons, Shared World, Blueprint, Forzathons every week/day/hour, Forzathon shop etc. In order to facilitate that longevity, you need content, and I'm sure that's where a lot of the "cut" or "chosen not be ported" cars come in. Manufacturer spotlight has been a thing in FM7 for two months and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come to FH4 e.g. It's Mercedes week in Horizon! Drive the all new 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 Sedan in the latest car pack. Also, the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG is now available Forzathon shop for x number of points!

You get the idea. But yeah, this could all be completely wrong but I thought it's definitely an interesting point to bring up, especially with all of the changes going along in 1P at MS. And yes it does relate to these leaks..sort of ;)

I think the smaller car lists in Forza Horizon games are the result of budget constraints. Remember that these games, unlike Forza Motorsport, are packed with licensed music and this sort of stuff is rarely cheap. As much as I hope your Forzathon theory is correct (bringing back missing cars over time), I just don't see it happening for 98% of the bunch, for the reason above.

I think the smaller car lists in Forza Horizon games are the result of budget constraints. Remember that these games, unlike Forza Motorsport, are packed with licensed music and this sort of stuff is rarely cheap. As much as I hope your Forzathon theory is correct (bringing back missing cars over time), I just don't see it happening for 98% of the bunch, for the reason above.

Agreed. I also think the smaller car lists are not only to do with budget, but licensing and probably a number of other factors.

I also don't want to suggest that every single car will return with Forzathon in FH4, just an evolution of what we saw in FH3. Which was around 30ish unique models.

Let us also not forget that, thanks to the recent expansion of Microsoft Studios (and more generally speaking, the ambitious new direction provided by Matt Booty Warrior), Forza is not carrying the Xbox brand alone anymore. It is entirely possible that T10 and PG may switch to a strategy of releasing new games when there is an actual need for it - FM7 felt, in many ways, like FM6.5, and I think the guys at T10 either knew the game was not going to be as well-received as its predecessor from the get-go, or learned some very important lessons after it launched. Ralph Fulton Extraction already said PG will support FH4 for "years to come" - and considering how difficult it will be to top this game, I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking their time to follow up with FH5.

Let us not forget that memory budget is also a concern, especially at launch (the game has to fit in a single disk, period), but also later on, with updates (you can't have a game with a 200 GB weight, can you?). But regardless, I could see some of the more egregious cars come back via Forzathon - or perhaps, via additional Barn Finds? That is something that was done for FH3 already, after all, and the guys at PG are creatures of habit...

Microsoft also plans to release a new console around 2020, it is entirely possible that FM8 or FH5 are being held as release titles for the new console.

I would be perfectly fine with them switching to a different schedule for releasing Forza games. While I definitely enjoyed Horizon 3, I can't say the same for Forza 7. It is THE sole game that has made me hate the Forza Motorsport series. If the opportunity presented itself, I would have no problem playing any of the first four Forzas. But as for 5, 6, and 7...no way. I feel like giving them a few more years to actually make a polished game that doesn't feel like a cut-and-paste of the previous title might just sway me back to the Forza Motorsport series.

I think I was originally confusing the Acura RSX and Integra, which I don't believe has been touched in a long time.

Also, the Subaru 22B looks pretty bad.

The '99 Viper ACR is still there as well; don't recall if it's been touched or not in years.
I'm not sure about the model itself, but the stripes have always been well off what the actual car has.

1fe56b74-73ba-4685-9d9d-82aeaa4abc51.jpg

da0917-293801_1.jpg

Back