Reddit User Uncovers Partial Car List for Forza Horizon 4

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 266 comments
For some reason an updated leaked version has spat out some more cars, suggesting the other list was incomplete. Some cars (such as the RS6s and the 8 Litre) are missing, but some are added:

• AUS_FX4_Stories_64
  • AUS_FX4_Traffic_64
  • MCL_720S_18
  • MCL_WellingtonAE3_18 (Wellington = Senna, AE3 and SE3 are new)
  • MCL_WellingtonSE3_18
  • MER_Unimog_17
  • PEE_P50_62
  • REL_SupervanIII_Stories_72
  • TRI_Spitfire_62
  • VOL_IronKnight_16 (Volvo's own race truck)
  • VW_34_BeetleGRC_17 (17 is new I think)
  • VW_GolfGTI_83 (finally replacing the Rabbit with euro GTI?)
THE Unimog????? I can’t believe this

THE Unimog????? I can’t believe this

I have a feeling it's a traffic car...but if it isn't...

tenor.gif

That, the Iron Knight, and the Mercedes big rig might mean we get some big toys to play with.

I have a feeling it's a traffic car...but if it isn't...

tenor.gif

That, the Iron Knight, and the Mercedes big rig might mean we get some big toys to play with.

Traffic cars have "_Traffic" on their name, such as the 2009 Fiesta and the Bora VR6. The reason I included the FX4's traffic variant in that list is because only the playable version was listed so far.

AUD_TypeD_39
Um...WHAT?! Really, the Type D in an open world racing game. God, that sounds absolutely nuts!

Also, I want to repeat myself about this:
FOR_GT40_64
FOR_2_GT40_66
The 1964 GT40 was listed as a barnfind, but the 1966 GT40 was listed as part of the main car list. If the 1964 GT40 isn't a typo, that means they're possibly adding this:
GThistorical_04_HR.jpg

It was one of the original prototypes that Ford attempted, but the car failed.

The 1964 GT40 was listed as a barnfind, but the 1966 GT40 was listed as part of the main car list. If the 1964 GT40 isn't a typo, that means they're possibly adding this:
GThistorical_04_HR.jpg

It was one of the original prototypes that Ford attempted, but the car failed.

Mh. I think it's more likely it may be one of the earliest Shelby-developed cars, with the nose design more commonly associated with the GT40.

58deea570d6203f774a3fe8c97eeaca2620d26e4.jpg

Absolutely gargantuan, if true.

No 02 Camaro or Bird again...sigh
New Dodge Dart remains unattainable...sigh
Any Eclipse past 1995....sigh

The random cars add so much more than extra 600+hp supercars or 1000hp hypercars.

For some reason an updated leaked version has spat out some more cars, suggesting the other list was incomplete. Some cars (such as the RS6s and the 8 Litre) are missing, but some are added:

• AUS_FX4_Stories_64
  • AUS_FX4_Traffic_64
  • MCL_720S_18
  • MCL_WellingtonAE3_18 (Wellington = Senna, AE3 and SE3 are new)
  • MCL_WellingtonSE3_18
  • MER_Unimog_17
  • PEE_P50_62
  • REL_SupervanIII_Stories_72
  • TRI_Spitfire_62
  • VOL_IronKnight_16 (Volvo's own race truck)
  • VW_34_BeetleGRC_17 (17 is new I think)
  • VW_GolfGTI_83 (finally replacing the Rabbit with euro GTI?)
Are you able to find the music soundtrack list files?

Has anyone been able to take a look at the sound files?

Do we have any more or new engine samples compared to FH3?

Has anyone been able to take a look at the sound files?

Do we have any more or new engine samples compared to FH3?

So this is another fun one. The nicer sounding cars in FH3 such as the Audi RS3, Fiesta XR2, Merc A45, Lambo V12s and so on used what they called Granular Synth. Those sounds are returning in FH4 and I assume will be used where applicable, like using the RS3's sound on the 2010 TTRS.

Because the zip files for these recordings are loose files, I can look at which cars they recorded. Just bear in mind that as sounds can be used on multiple cars, the names of the files don't necessarily relate to a car in the game (for example, FH3 had a recording of a Vauxhall VXR8 for some V8s but the car wasn't in the game).

The format of the names is enginelayout_car_source, where source is engine, exhaust, interior, intake, etc. Each source is a separate file for the same engine, so F6NM_GT3_14_Eng, F6NM_GT3_14_Exh, etc. I've ommitted these for readability, so these are just enginelayout_car. I'm not sure what the letters after the layout (such as I4NC and F6NM) mean, I assume they relate to the aspiration but there are quite a few variations.

Anyway, these are the recordings from FH4's files:
  • F6NM_GT3_14 - new to FH4, guessing from a new GT3 to be used on the newer 911s
  • F6NM_GT3 - new to FH4, I assume from a slightly older GT3 to be used on whatever the _14 doesn't fit
  • I4NC_Classic - was in FH3 where it was used on the Fiesta XR2 and similar sounding cars
  • I4NC_Fiesta - new to FH4, this one is confusing as the old Fiesta used the Classic recording, so maybe it's a different Fiesta or they've changed Classic to where it doesn't suit the XR2
  • I4NM_Redtop - was in FH3, unsure what it was used on, possibly the buggies
  • I4NV_Bentley_Speedster_1938 - new to FH4, self explanatory
  • I4TM_A45AMG - was in FH3, used on the A45 and Mini JCW
  • I4TM_RallyEvo - was in FH3, used on the Focus RS RX and anything that shared its sound
  • I5TM_RS3 - was in FH3, used on the Audi RS3 and Donkervoort
  • I6NC_BMWE36 - new to FH4, I'm guessing this will be a more suitable straight 6 sound that the BMWs have been lacking
  • I6TM_Diesel - new to FH4, unsure what will use it, maybe the Unimog?
  • I6TM_SkylineR33GTR - was in FH3, this was the annoying one shared between the BMW M4, Skyline R34, non-HE Toyota Supra, etc which didn't suit them
  • I6TM_Supra - was in FH3, not sure what used it as it only has Engine and Intake recordings and the Supra used the one above
  • V6TM_GTR - was in FH3, used on Nissan GTRs
  • V8NC_Mustaro - was in FH3, seems to only have been used on a Chevy Trophy Truck
  • V8NM_C63AMG_v3 - was in FH3, used on modern V8 Mercs such as the C63, E63, and AMG GT models
  • V8NM_Cayenne - was in FH3, used on the Lamborghini Urus
  • V8NM_Munaro - was in FH3, despite the mis-spelled name, was used on the 1995 and 2000 Mustangs, Chevy SS/Commodore, etc
  • V8NM_SVTRaptor - was in FH3, was incorrectly used on the 2017 Ecoboost Raptor and some others
  • V8NM_VXR8 - was in FH3, weirdly only used on the pre-order GT350R and not the normal one, blended with the C63AMG sounds
  • V8TM_C63SAMG - was in FH3, weirdly only used on the pre-order C63S, non-present Audi RS7, and blended with the Cayenne sounds on the Urus
  • V8TTM_McLaren720S - new to FH4, self explanatory
  • V8TTM_McLarenSenna - new to FH4, self explanatory
  • V10NM_Gallardo - was in FH3, used on the Audi R8s and Gallardos
  • V10NM_M6E64 - was in FH3, mis-named as the E64, weirdly only used on the non-HE Huracan and pre-order R8 where it's blended with the Gallardo sounds
  • V10NM_Viper - new to FH4, self explanatory
  • V12NM_Aventador - was in FH3, people hated this one as it was the infamous V12 swap's sound
  • V12NM_Ferrari - new to FH4, self explanatory
  • W16TM_Bugatti_Veyron - new to FH4, will likely be shared on the Veyron and Chiron, this one will be interesting to hear the improvement

The Granular Synth sounds were only used on something like 20-40 cars in FH3 and some of them were used on the wrong cars, but they were way, way higher quality and detail than the rest of the cars, which used the typical Forza audio. Seeing that they're expanding the list of recordings, and likely applying the existing ones to more cars, should see a big improvement in overall audio.

Hell of a long list and an awful lot of text, but it should answer every question someone might have about the audio, what's new, and how FH3's cars used the same system.

Last edited:
Jeez, someone will be in a lot of trouble for that...

A few cars seem to have code names, Mclaren Wellington (assuming that’s the Senna), Porsche Raymond, Lamborghini Bellissimo.

Edit: this is actually incredible. I’d imagine every big name Forza YouTuber will be told to stay absolutely away from any footage, or else Turn 10 would likely cut ties.
Which only means the hordes of small YouTubers will pick up the story and get a good view count from it.

Once the cat is out of the bag there is no way it’s going back in. :)

One car I forgot to mention in the updated files that hasn't been discussed: FOR_MSportFiesta_17. This isn't the GRC Fiesta we've seen as that's listed as FOR_14_FiestaGRC_17.

The curious part is that I can't really figure out what it's going to be, as searching "M Sport Fiesta" yields this:
msport_fiesta_gwyndaf_evans4.jpg

Which is sort of like a road-legal R2 rally car based on the outgoing model.

But searching "2017 Ford Fiesta M Sport" brings this:
Ford-Fiesta-WRC-2017-pictures-742570.jpg

Which is the newest generation and more of a full-fledged rally model.

So I'm not actually sure which one it is, but one of those cars is in the game.

No 02 Camaro or Bird again...sigh
New Dodge Dart remains unattainable...sigh
Any Eclipse past 1995....sigh

The random cars add so much more than extra 600+hp supercars or 1000hp hypercars.

It's not the full list, obviously, so I wouldn't discount those cars yet.

The Granular Synth sounds were only used on something like 20-40 cars in FH3 and some of them were used on the wrong cars, but they were way, way higher quality and detail than the rest of the cars, which used the typical Forza audio. Seeing that they're expanding the list of recordings, and likely applying the existing ones to more cars, should see a big improvement in overall audio.

Hell of a long list and an awful lot of text, but it should answer every question someone might have about the audio, what's new, and how FH3's cars used the same system.

Nice. Thanks for the detailed break down.

There are several cars missing from both FH3 and FM7 that I will miss, but on the other hand I am happy to see VW is back for real.

Yup sorry just spoilered. Did you find any more manufacturers in the FH4 files? We're only at 87 from the leaked list so far, still 13 to go.
Nothing yet, but considering each build has some cars that the other doesn't, I'm willing to bet that actually neither is fully complete. All I can think of right now is that Ascari might end up being present thanks to the leaked KZ1R, but as for the other 12 I'm not sure.

Looking through that analysis, these 14 conspicuously missing manufacturers could most likely make up the rest of the "100+ manufacturers". They're either DLCs from FH3 or FM7, or would be easy list padding with only one or two models under their name.

Baldwin
Chrysler
Citroen
Donkervoort
HDT
Hyundai
Kia
Lincoln
Rolls-Royce
Spania
Sunbeam
TAMO
Terradyne
W Motors

Then there's the Chrysler Eagle marque with the Eagle Talon. Though with the Eagle Speedster in the game, I doubt PG would be allowed to feature two very different manufacturers under ostensibly the same name.

It also seems really strange that while the McLaren P1 GTR once again doesn't make the jump across to Horizon, considering the focus on British cars, the Cadillac limo sees its Horizon debut here...

Last edited:
Back