Reefer Madness: A BLAST Through the 80s, Sat 10:30pm UK (12 Nov start)

• Thread starter reefer
  • 221 comments
Hi guys yea first race i was so pumped for, all was going well sitting in mid pack and enjoying myself then my PS must have screwed or something as the track went all mirrored and weird so I couldn't tell where I was going. I ghosted so I didn't wreck anyone else's race. After everyone went past it went back to normal so I came back in and tried to catch up but same thing happened again.
I couldn't carry on like that so reluctantly had to exit.
The only consolation was that I watched the whole rest of the race which was very entertaining guys well done was some good battles out there.

Second race was OK and nothing like that was a problem. I remember this sort of thing on my last ps3 and it seemed to only happen on the larger circuits.

I religiously clean my chache before every nights racing and also de-frag every now and then so if anyone has any ideas what's the cause of this I'd be grateful

What does the 60 /60/80 mean Joe? is it weather?

Yeah, Colin. I tried to get on last night to set up the Audi but the connection was crap (spinning wheel). So I went offline and quite enjoyed the brightness of Monza. Having 60/60/80 setting means it's very overcast with rain off and on. But I liked racing in the sunshine last night. So I'll throw it out there.. what do you guys want, sunny, clear weather or overcast, drizzle and a chance of heavy rain (and full wets) at any time?

Suts and all, 60/60/80 may provide for only a moist race and not necessarily wet throughout. It does seem pretty certain near the end though that the track will flood over for a lap or two with those setting (but it really is unknown). Would you guys prefer a wet race throughout like we ran in the last Classic Car Championship at Monza or the unknown of 60/60/80 (which is really most of the race on sport softs, I think)?

Last edited:
60/60/80 it is then.

Just finished a practice race with some of the guys and when the green flag dropped track wetness was at 78%! So very random and impossible to second guess.

If it rains, are we suposed to use full wets or comfort soft?

Tyre choices for EVERYONE on the grid for Monza:
  • sport softs or less
  • inters or full wets
Even though the tyre settings will be No Limit (to allow for wets), please only use sports or less, or inters or wets. No racing tyres.

For the leader, Leo (Jammy won't make it): your tyre choice is as above, same as everyone else for R1. It's unfair to ask you to use SM tyres with those weather settings. However, please use Sports Medium for R2 at Grand Valley. Cheers.

One more thing. About penalties. Same as usual, there won't be any. Just do your best to be clean and not to gain an unfair advantage lap after lap. And if you knock someone off ('cos of the rainy conditions etc), please don't just drive off into the distance. After all, this is only for fun.

So far Jammy is the only person who has said they can't make it. So that place is offered to @gkgamer. That makes 16 racers. Gamer, if you can't manage, can you let us know in advance? It helps out the other reserves: quinten1974, Crazy John and Benny44.

Very close racing tonight guys, it's gonna be a cracker at Monza 80s on Saturday night:tup:

For the leader, Leo (Jammy won't make it): your tyre choice is as above, same as everyone else for R1. It's unfair to ask you to use SM tyres with those weather settings. However, please use Sports Medium for R2 at Grand Valley. Cheers.

Actually , the best thing for me is using SM on the R1, because if it rains i can use the same tire as everyone else (wets or inters), and if I lose the lead I can go back to SS on R2?

Hey i am playing with my strategies here, but i will do whatever you think is right Joe! :D:cheers:

Must say sorry to All by posting :cheers::cheers:but but it is the best beer in denmark and you Will never get to Taste it. Small brewery here. But a Big thx to Them.
IMG_20161116_182258.jpg
IMG_20161116_182724.jpg
Damm it is gooooood :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Leo, could you run a few laps on ss and sm with 60/60/80 and let me know your times for the part when it shows 0% surface water? I'll do the same later.

Last edited:
53.025 is my best with SS and pace around 53.4. With SM my best is 54.8 and pace around 55.3.

It's looking like a 1.8 sec lap time difference on sports medium and is exactly what I was hoping for. So, Leo, just go with sports medium, or inters or wets for Monza and no sporty softs for the 20 min duration.

After Monza is finished, I'll do a quick points tally and the championship leader will go onto sports medium for Grand Valley in the Silvia.

This track with 100% water is so fun, very tempting to do a full wet race. :)

memories..

I'm glad I did not make big mistakes in the race, but the choice of a good gearbox is my pending issue.:banghead:

Hey Autope, i feel your pain, i usually just buy a fully custom gearbox and adjust the final gear and top speed. I don't really like to do that transmission flip. But after watching this simple setup from GT tunning wizard, it helped me a lot with that problem, it takes just a couple of minutes and i think the result is a good base and all around gearbox. Give it a try, the steps starts at 0:45.

👍

It's looking like a 1.8 sec lap time difference on sports medium and is exactly what I was hoping for. So, Leo, just go with sports medium, or inters or wets for Monza and no sporty softs for the 20 min duration.

After Monza is finished, I'll do a quick points tally and the championship leader will go onto sports medium for Grand Valley in the Silvia.

That's a deal Joe! I just hope we have some chance in using some wet tires.

Great battle from you and Venari on that race!

Last edited:
Hey Autope, i feel your pain, i usually just buy a fully custom gearbox and adjust the final gear and top speed. I don't really like to do that transmission flip. But after watching this simple setup from GT tunning wizard, it helped me a lot with that problem, it takes just a couple of minutes and i think the result is a good base and all around gearbox. Give it a try, the steps starts at 0:45.

👍

That's a deal Joe! I just hope we have some chance in using some wet tires.

Great battle from you and Venari on that race!
Thanks mate!!!!

News:

As ATLAS--leonidas hasn't been in touch recently and hasn't been on ps3 for 9 days he'll move to Reserve driver. I'll update post #2.

@quentin1974 (nolucktoday), do you want a permanent slot (in place of ATLAS)?

@CrazyJohn, would you like a permanent place?

@gkgamer, a space is there for you this weekend if you want it? Otherwise I'll offer it out to Benny.

Racers for Monza and Grand Valley:

1. Buybon
2. Suts
3. Tom Ascar (mgo)
4. fadmad
5. joe__kerr (me)
6. LeoStrop
7. Venari
8. Dave
9. Tooma
10. Autope (Al)
11. bcd (Boris)
12. gu1tar3rich
13. 353 Hemi
14. quinten1974 (permanent slot offered in place of ATLAS)
15. Crazy John (permanent slot offered. Edit: accepted)
16. gkgamer (slot offered this weekend in place of Jammy)

17. Benny44 (reserve - awaiting space)
18. ATLAS--leonidas (dropped to Reserve)

Quali will be 5 min at Monza with race settings of 60/60/80. Leo will be on sports medium tyres (or wets when needed) for R1, so please drive appropriately when around him; as richy always says, "fair! and! fun!"👍

Last edited:
Joe you can have a spot on the grid for Saturday 3 December unfortunately I couldn't make it that night :boggled:

News:

As ATLAS--leonidas hasn't been in touch recently and hasn't been on ps3 for 9 days he'll move to Reserve driver. I'll update post #2.

@quentin1974 (nolucktoday), do you want a permanent slot (in place of ATLAS)?

@CrazyJohn, would you like a permanent place?

@gkgamer, a space is there for you this weekend if you want it? Otherwise I'll offer it out to Benny.

Racers for Monza and Grand Valley:

1. Buybon
2. Suts
3. Tom Ascar (mgo)
4. fadmad
5. joe__kerr (me)
6. LeoStrop
7. Venari
8. Dave
9. Tooma
10. Autope (Al)
11. bcd (Boris)
12. gu1tar3rich
13. 353 Hemi
14. quinten1974 (permanent slot offered in place of ATLAS)
15. Crazy John (permanent slot offered. Edit: accepted)
16. gkgamer (slot offered this weekend in place of Jammy)

17. Benny44 (reserve - awaiting space)
18. ATLAS--leonidas (dropped to Reserve)

Quali will be 5 min at Monza with race settings of 60/60/80. Leo will be on sports medium tyres (or wets when needed) for R1, so please drive appropriately when around him; as richy always says, "fair! and! fun!"👍
Don't think I can make it today as I am doing the gt300 triple mix championship an hour before start time. Thanx for the offer though.

mgo
Joe you can have a spot on the grid for Saturday 3 December unfortunately I couldn't make it that night :boggled:

Don't think I can make it today as I am doing the gt300 triple mix championship an hour before start time. Thanx for the offer though.

Thanks for letting us know guys.

@Benny44, a slot has opened up for you.

I remember that I had the wrong tyres fitted! :dopey:

Good to see you guys are doing well and are having fun. 👍

Paul! If you're about tonight, and that audi quattro is still kicking about in the back of your garage somewhere, you'll have a chance to reprieve yourself. And the Nissan Silvia 240RS for R2. I've a feeling a space may open up so don't be a stranger!

Thanks @reefer but someone gave my wife and I tickets to a hockey game tonight....apparently best seats in the house. I'll be leaving about 20 minutes after the start of the first race, so its a no-go for me.

Back