Reefer Madness: Power Through the Noughties Sat 10:30pm UK time from 8th April

• Thread starter reefer
  • 235 comments
Enjoyed the racing but disappointed by my pace ,think my brake problem is still there .
Good to see a full grid of great driver's
:)
Joe I can't watch your videos on you tube for awhile now ,can only watch on gt planet..think it might be coz of the music UK blocked ..

I often see your brake lights on richy. Just watch the replays. I had the same problem 6 months ago. You may remember my pedal would occasionally stick and I'd be complaining about losing time. So I bought a new set. No issues now. And it was down to my fault. How I assembled the plate that sits over pedals meant that they weren't returning all the way home. Almost like riding them:banghead:

Re the vids: many videos are blocked from playing on mobile phones/devices by the copyright holders, so that could be the issue you are having. It's crazy cos around 40% YT videos are played on mobile devices. I've filed a complaint but don't hold your breath.

The video is excellent too, I enjoyed the music mix.

I can often spend 6-8 hours finding suitable music. So many songs just don't fit.

Nah - "Video Unavailable". Booo.

On mobile Tom?

I often see your brake lights on richy. Just watch the replays. I had the same problem 6 months ago. You may remember my pedal would occasionally stick and I'd be complaining about losing time. So I bought a new set. No issues now. And it was down to my fault. How I assembled the plate that sits over pedals meant that they weren't returning all the way home. Almost like riding them:banghead:

Re the vids: many videos are blocked from playing on mobile phones/devices by the copyright holders, so that could be the issue you are having. It's crazy cos around 40% YT videos are played on mobile devices. I've filed a complaint but don't hold your breath.

I can often spend 6-8 hours finding suitable music. So many songs just don't fit.

On mobile Tom?

Desk top J.

I have 3 copyright claims on the video but they should be device dependent and not country dependent according to my notifications. It's viewable worldwide and ads can appear. Also, there is a viewing restriction for some devices but no mention of desktop computers. Is this the first time you're unable to see my vids, Tom? Anyone else having issues playing the video(s)

A tweak to the power limiter to bring the pack even closer together (hopefully) to follow.

There should be a chance for the reserves to get involved if their circumstances allow it as Tom Ascar and Slant can't manage next weekend.

Please go to post #85 if you if you intend to race with us next weekend.

*****WEEK 2: 15th April*****
Race 1
: '04 Fadmad / Acura NSX '04 / CS / Tokyo R246
Race 2: '05 joe / Nissan GT-R Proto / SS / Nordschieife

All details in post #1.

Last edited:
Saturday night was the best fun I've had in a while.:lol:
Really close racing with really talented racers. Well done Joe for putting this together and all your work to bring the pack closer with the power limiter. :bowdown:

Remarkably I was within 1 sec of the pace in the civic and 2 sec in the TReVor. It was just my mistakes that made me loose places.
Apologies to Richy. I managed to tag you both races but don't think I made you loose any places thankfully.

Looking forward to next week. Both car track combos are great fun but hard to keep it together!! :D

Oh by the way the video worked for me fine once you fixed it Joe.

:cheers:

I have 3 copyright claims on the video but they should be device dependent and not country dependent according to my notifications. It's viewable worldwide and ads can appear. Also, there is a viewing restriction for some devices but no mention of desktop computers. Is this the first time you're unable to see my vids, Tom? Anyone else having issues playing the video(s)

A tweak to the power limiter to bring the pack even closer together (hopefully) to follow.

There should be a chance for the reserves to get involved if their circumstances allow it as Tom Ascar and Slant can't manage next weekend.

*****WEEK 2: 15th April*****
Race 1
: '04 Fadmad / Acura NSX '04 / CS / Tokyo R246
Race 2: '05 joe / Nissan GT-R Proto / SS / Nordschieife

All details in post #1.

Yes, first time Joe. I just tried it again, on LT this time, and after a v slow start, stop, for the first 30 secs it began to run ok. I switched the annotations off, which seemed to help. I never switched them on. What does that do any way? I have never noticed any change. Good job as usual mate.

Last edited:
WEEK 2: UPDATED POWER LIMITER SETTINGS

Sorry for the delay guys.

R246 CS tyres
:

longbow/ibu-san/joe/famine/leo-------------------86%
zolon/john-------------------------------------------87%
venari/-----------------------------------------------88%
paul--------------------------------------------------89%
buybon/gu1tar3rich---------------------------------90%
suts--------------------------------------------------91%
fadmad/tom_ascar/slant---------------------------92%
tooma/quentin/DC---------------------------------100%

//

Nurb SS tyres (3 laps):

longbow/ibu-san/joe/famine/leo/venari/zolon/john----94%
buybon/gu1tar3rich/suts/paul---------------------------95%
fadmad/tom_ascar/slant---------------------------------96%
tooma/quentin/DC---------------------------------------100%

Last edited:
By the way, #43 for me. Colour... uh... Champion Yellow 4.

Edit: Just done a practice lap of R246 on sticks at 88%. Four wheel drift every corner. Not opposite lock. FOUR WHEEL DRIFT. *sigh*

"WEEK 2: UPDATED POWER LIMITER SETTINGS"

So if I'm not mistaken that works out to...

R246.

longbow/ibu-san/joe/famine/leo---- 253bhp (436pp)
zolon/john--------------------------------------- 256bhp (438pp)
venari/--------------------------------------------- 259bhp (439pp)
paul------------------------------------------------- 262bhp (440pp)
buybon/gu1tar3rich------------------------ 265bhp (441pp)
suts------------------------------------------------- 268bhp (443pp)
fadmad/tom_ascar/slant--------------- 271bhp (444pp)
tooma/quentin/DC------------------------- 293bhp (454pp)

Nurb.

longbow/ibu-san/joe/famine/leo/venari/zolon/john----- 439bhp (507pp)
buybon/gu1tar3rich/suts/paul--------------------------------------- 444bhp (508pp)
fadmad/tom_ascar/slant----------------------------------------------- 449bhp (509pp)
tooma/quentin/DC--------------------------------------------------------- 468bhp (514pp)

*As before figures are with an oil change

BlueMoonBay_02-640x360.jpg SardegnaWindmills_08-640x360.jpg blue moon bay.jpg
DragontrailSeaside_02-640x360.jpg
https://www.gtplanet.net/here-are-the-three-new-tracks-coming-to-gt-sport/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+gtplanet+(GTPlanet)

3 of the new tracks in GT Sport...:gtpflag:

Last edited:
No longer be able to participate sorry.

Thanks for letting us know Ibu-san. If your circumstances change, it would be good to race with you again. Good luck - joe

Re the race at Tokyo this weekend:

The time to shoot for is 2:04.7. If you need to adjust your power limiter from the suggested figures mentioned earlier to achieve this time, please do so. Please don't lap faster than 2:04.2. Doing so only gets away from what we're trying to achieve - the best close racing possible. It's not difficult to be consistent and get a good idea of your pace at R246.

I ran out with a couple of the lads the other night and in race conditions we were between 2:04.2 and 2:04.9. My pace at 86% was 2:04.7 so the other guys will make small adjustments to their limiters to try and match that. (My normal pace was 2:04.9s in the race). Running 10 laps online will give you a clear idea of your pace. So, again, please feel free to adjust your power limiter to match a 2:04.7.

Please let me know if you have any trouble achieving the above times. We can easily put you on a different tyre compound.

This event - the last of the GT6 Classic Car Club - has the aim of making us all feel like winners. Always take one with you:tup:

@IfAndOr @CrazyJohn @LeoStrop - spaces are available for you this weekend boys as Tom A and Slant can't manage and Ibu-san has pulled out. John has like post post #85 so I guess he's keen to race :)

Looking doubtful I'm going to make it. :indiff:

Might try and catch the second race. Don't hang around though.

^That was scary.^:nervous::eek: Good bloke sitting next to you!!

Brilliant fun last night racing.
NSX I found myself near the back with Zo, BB and DC. Great racing with you guys...really close but clean. I got away but then couldn't close on the small pack ahead despite doing my PB laps.

Congratulations tooma (Garth). Great win with a tricky car. :bowdown:

GTR was excellent. Thought I'd try to keep my third place but there was a magnet on the grass verge that kept drawing me over!!
Amazing clean pass by Fad. Couldn't do anything about it. Tried my best to keep venari and famine behind but they got me in the end. Great racing guys.

Well done Joe for achieving close racing even at nordschleife. Looking forward to next week. :cool:

Fun racing. I only got the third in the first race through making my limiter 92.5%. I could not break 2m04.7 in practice, and then I finally got a good lap in quali. My consistency on sticks with the NSX was pretty poor, not helped by the controller's tendency to change down more than one ratio occasionally when I just wanted to go down one gear.

I think I might have kept up with Joe in the GT-R if I wasn't riding the kerbs like a Monday racer.

^That was scary.^:nervous::eek: Good bloke sitting next to you!!
I'd managed to catch it - it was basically a tired right hand that had me off line by a couple of feet, plus a small lift while turning over a crest - but the instructor stamped on the brakes (you can see the throttle input from me) and I think grabbed the bottom of the wheel to prevent an over-correction the other way. Riccardo Sanchez was at that Thruxton event and watched my fast lap back over and over again because he couldn't quite believe a GT-R road car could hit 145mph at Thruxton :lol:

I've also managed to require bailing on the second corner at Rockingham (first corner in BTCC - double-left hander) in a different GT-R, set that same car's brakes on fire, and overheated the brakes on a MY2017 car at Spa-Francorchamps. I've got a bit of a track record with GT-Rs - alongside being the fastest journo in a GT-R at Rockingham (2013), Thruxton (MY2017), Silverstone National (2012) and a Silverstone autocross (2010), where the only person to beat me was Lucas Ordonez... I suck at the Stowe Circuit though :D

I'd managed to catch it - it was basically a tired right hand that had me off line by a couple of feet, plus a small lift while turning over a crest - but the instructor stamped on the brakes (you can see the throttle input from me) and I think grabbed the bottom of the wheel to prevent an over-correction the other way. Riccardo Sanchez was at that Thruxton event and watched my fast lap back over and over again because he couldn't quite believe a GT-R road car could hit 145mph at Thruxton :lol:

I've also managed to require bailing on the second corner at Rockingham (first corner in BTCC - double-left hander) in a different GT-R, set that same car's brakes on fire, and overheated the brakes on a MY2017 car at Spa-Francorchamps. I've got a bit of a track record with GT-Rs - alongside being the fastest journo in a GT-R at Rockingham (2013), Thruxton (MY2017), Silverstone National (2012) and a Silverstone autocross (2010), where the only person to beat me was Lucas Ordonez... I suck at the Stowe Circuit though :D
My apologies. I didn't realise you have so much track time.
I on the other hand have about 2-3 hours in the last 20 yrs!!! So if I'd been there it would have been pirouette time!! I doubt the bloke next to me would have saved either of us or the car!!
I recently had some skid Pan training in a E63AMG. I was a ballerina in a car but not in a good way. Couldn't save it at all!
I think it shows in my racing...:D

I'd love to do some real track days but too busy and very little novice days around.

My apologies. I didn't realise you have so much track time.
It's just bits and bobs, usually in GT-Rs, for some reason. I write about cars for a job, so I do get some peculiar events and errands - I had to go and collect a Ferrari 488 GTB from Slough earlier in the year (in the pouring rain)!

At the 'Ring on lap 1 last night, were you closely tussling with Zolon/Longbow around Adenauer? I assumed that there should have been someone between us on the grid that I couldn't see and you seemed to take avoiding action for something I couldn't see at Adenauer. It also looked like you tapped off something as well.

At the 'Ring on lap 1 last night, were you closely tussling with Zolon/Longbow around Adenauer?
Yep. I think it was Longbow who streaked past me. Zo outbraked himself at Armberg.
As for me tussling with someone, that's just how I drive I think!?:dopey:

I had to go and collect a Ferrari 488 GTB from Slough earlier in the year (in the pouring rain)!

I'm very jealous of your job. It's still a Ferrari!!!:cool:

Yep. I think it was Longbow who streaked past me. Zo outbraked himself at Armberg.
As for me tussling with someone, that's just how I drive I think!?:dopey:
I was running up the inside of you and you seemed to take avoiding action, then when I went outside to avoid you avoiding, it looked like you tagged something as the car suddenly bounced left. It's always a danger with invisible cars on a narrow track!

It was a bit odd that me and Venari - in the same building (him directly into the router, me through a switch then into the router) - couldn't see either Zolon or Longbow though.

Back