Reefer Madness: Stock US Classics Sat 10:30pm UK time Feb 11

• Thread starter reefer
  • 213 comments

What track should be run the GT40 at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
driving velly bad solly
Your driving is not bad. Don't worry. For 14 years old you're doing great. Just practice.

Warm up race for tomorrow night
  • practice from 9pm UK time (6am Sunday morning Japan time)
  • race start time 9:15pm sharp
  • BMW M5 (2008 not 2005)
  • stock plus oil change
  • Le Mans 2013 circuit
  • this is a test for the next series
tooma / quentin / dc / ibuking-----100% on power limiter
everyone else------------98% on power limiter

If you can manage along, I'd really appreciate it.

After the test, I'll open our usual race room:tup:

EDIT SM tyres!

Last edited:
No No No a 14 old boy. That is like unfair lol but you Still wellcome in my book lol take my hat off for you, if keep beening you on the track :cheers::cheers:

Your driving is not bad. Don't worry. For 14 years old you're doing great. Just practice.

Warm up race for tomorrow night
  • practice from 9pm UK time (6am Sunday morning Japan time)
  • race start time 9:15pm sharp
  • BMW M5 (2008 not 2005)
  • stock plus oil change
  • Le Mans 2013 circuit
  • this is a test for the next series
tooma / quentin / dc / ibuking-----100% on power limiter
everyone else------------98% on power limiter

If you can manage along, I'd really appreciate it.

After the test, I'll open our usual race room:tup:

SH tyres Joe?

Yes, SH on the bimmer Leo.

EDIT: SM tyres!

And I'll tell you what, he's gonna be in the mix (if he can keep the heid). No pressure old soldiers. TBH, I'll be surprised if he gets up so early. As a 14-year old I wouldn't get up before 9am (never mind 6am).
sunday race

BMW M5 test race will begin at 9:15pm sharp tonight guys. If you can make it, please have your car oiled and at the correct power limit and correct tyres as is stated in post #94 above. This will ensure we get finished in good time.

Buick Special and C2 tonight.

I thought I'd add the below rules I use for overtaking which others might find useful, in particular where I've underlined.

08: Corner Rights:

A:
When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must refrain from endangering him by his actions.

B:
You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner's turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver's position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

C:
If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must also leave sufficient side room for the behind driver. This means that each driver has a right to their respective "line", or side of the track, right up to the exit point. Neither driver should squeeze the other toward the inside or outside of the corner during the apex or exit.

D:
If an ahead driver has clearly made an error to warrant a passing move, a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. However, the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn't give you an automatic right to pass. You still have to judge if their error allows for a safe pass to take place.

E:
Drivers who are using PS3 controllers MUST make additional effort in driving due to the fact they can't use side-view, and their perception of the other cars is thereby limited - extreme caution while maneuvering is required. If you are using a controller, you are required to set buttons up for side views as "I didn't see you." is not an excuse if you collide with another driver when racing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Well I tried to make the test race but failed, missed the Buick qualy by a couple of minutes but then made it for the Corvette. Glad I did since it was good to race with you guys again. It's been awhile! Hope I didn't hold anyone up.

The C2 was actually quite good once I'd realised it had only got 3 gears. :dopey:

Qualifying - Indianapolis Road - Stock & Oil 549pp SS

quali.jpg

Race Results - Indianapolis Road - Stock & Oil 549pp SS
indy.jpg

Race Results - Mazda Laguna Seca - Stock & Oil 436pp SS (Reverse Grid)
laguna.jpg

Man of the Meet: Tom Ascar. Great car positioning in traffic and two good results, well done!

As usual a lot happened. But first up apologies to richy for not making it clear about the white line at the last corner at Indy. The instructions were only given verbally over the mic and not typed in the chat box. I thought everyone got it so I guess you were away from your mic. Sorry for not making it clearer. First race was a bit lonely for me as I raced alone for the whole race. I like the car/track combo but running alone ain't my cuppa tea. The replay showed a good number of battles and was fun to watch. A few drivers were unlucky a couple of times but on the whole it looked like you guys had fun.

Second race at Laguna, how many times did I tap you Tom? Again, apologies. I'm afraid I had trouble judging your braking points.

Anyone want to have a guess how many times positions changed (overtakes?) in the first minute? 25! I made a video but the quality was rubbish so I might do it again, however, what a race! Action packed from start to finish. After the 3rd lap you, Mr Venari, got a clear run home and missed all the fun. Leo, good chase and had you been released from the pack earlier, I think you and Venari would have enjoyed a good tussle. Looking at the lap times, Leo and Venari were in the 41s and everyone else was in the 44/45s. There simply wasn't any space in the pack to let the car go but, for me, that's where the fun was; much more enjoyable than the first race and that's why we'll be looking to shake it up for the next series (2000~2009 cars).

Good to see Pinkie Pie Paul's name on the timekeeper's sheet too and, no, you did a great job on track P. You should just go for it - I don't think we're a serious outfit and, being an honorary madness member, no one would mind (you starting at the front and going all out.)

Still can't believe I got 4th in the last race. With 2m 30 sec left I was 8th and then drivers started falling like flies in front of me. Some great battles with Tom A and Colin and would do it again in a heartbeat despite not liking Laguna. Unlucky to richy for going off - hope you didn't injure yourself mate. Results up after dinner

Championship Scores After 2 Meets (4 races)

1. joe 90
2. leo 68
3. Venari 62
4. buybon 51
5. suts 46
6. richy 45
7. fad 43
8. Tom_A 36
9. Garthtooma 32
10. DC 28
11. Quentin 16
12. If AndOr 6
13. Al 6
14. John

Team Championship

1. Team TJ 122
2. The Beach Boys 100
3. Team Ecurie Ecosse 97
4. The Lawnmower Bandits 79
5. Team Ven/Q 78
6. Team Rich/DC 73
7. AJ racing 6
8. Hit or Miss (independent) 6

The Lawnmower Bandits (fad/mgo Tom_A)
Ecurie Ecosse (buybon/Suts)
The Beach Boys (tooma/Leo)
Team TJ (tooma/joe)
AJ Racing (Al/John)
Team Hit or Miss (IfAndOr)
Team Rich/DC (richroo/Derek Morten)
Team Venari/Quentin

Last edited:
Man of the Meet: Tom Ascar. Great car positioning in traffic and two good results, well done!
Thanks mate :dunce:
Second race at Laguna, how many times did I tap you Tom? Again, apologies. I'm afraid I had trouble judging your braking points.
This is because of @fadmad :lol: I spend days and days stuck on is rear racing close try overtake and avoid contact so now I'm an early breaker lol
also in Laguna I was looking to avoid drivers in front but don't worry mate you didn't run me out so all good :cheers:

I had fun in both races it was good hard racing 👍 and I think I got a bit lucky yesterday.

The C2 was actually quite good once I'd realised it had only got 3 gears. :dopey:
Sure and after the Special with 6 gears it was kind weird :confused:

Great pass at 8:44 Colin,

Thanks Leo, really enjoyed the battles in that race, and yes, the special is a beeatch to drive. I killed my front tyres.

Wow. My pass on Colin in the Specials (12m32ish) looks like I properly clonked him off

Looks worse in the replay than I remember it mark. I was expecting you to understeer into me a bit, but looks like you got a kick of oversteer.

C2 race was awesome! I got up to 4the then went off at the final corner. With 5 and a half minutes to go I was dead last. Some good racing to get me up to 5th left me happy with the result.

A good nights racing

Missed my brake point first race , had to run off trying not to take out couple guys, was on the grass and just kept going round in circles ...
Race 2
Was upset with myself after a poor start and pinballing my way through the pack ,think toom(garth) got most of it but he did well keeping me behind for a bit . Got away but lost it and ended up in gravel ,again i struggled to get out and when i did i pulled across the on coming pack (sorry) i was so pee'd i had to quit ....

Missed my brake point first race , had to run off trying not to take out couple guys, was on the grass and just kept going round in circles ...
Race 2
Was upset with myself after a poor start and pinballing my way through the pack ,think toom(garth) got most of it but he did well keeping me behind for a bit . Got away but lost it and ended up in gravel ,again i struggled to get out and when i did i pulled across the on coming pack (sorry) i was so pee'd i had to quit ....

I am relieved rich; from my perspective, when you came back on track from the dirt, it looked like you had been waiting to ambush me, and I just managed to avoid you - lol. I was thinking, What the 'eck did I do to Rich?. Glad I was not the cause of your ire.

Last edited:
Back