Reefer Madness: Stock US Classics Sat 10:30pm UK time Feb 11

• Thread starter reefer
  • 213 comments

What track should be run the GT40 at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wahay. I'm on the wheel tonight, for the first time in... well, for you guys, ever, I think.

Still settling in. My old DFP is so worn, the smooth layer has come off the rubberised wheel - it actually hurts to drive more than a couple of minutes without gloves, it blisters you double-quick!

Took me a few laps to par my DS3 times. I'm having fun trying not to oversteer into corners now - maybe that was just the C2 Corvette I tried.

Daytona feels nice. :)

Edit: ARG. I've just realised, I'm at a drag racing awards do next Saturday! I really, really want to run (what with Cougar on Lakeside and all) can we reschedule Week 4? :( (Any time but Sat night Mar 4th! Do an exhibition round, or something, pleeeease!)

Last edited:
I may have to cancel my involvement in this series, I've got business to deal with and I cannot race.

Sincere apologies Joe and Jammy.

It was me!!!:dunce::dunce::banghead:

I was close to Joe heading to the tunnel at grand valley. I misjudged it, moved over the left corner onto the grass to avoid Joe. As I came back into the track my back clipped joes front who went into Jammy beside him. Jammy spins and actually gets me back on the rear and I just managed to stop my spin.

Sorry guys. :( I spoilt a good race. Hence I waited for you both.

Bad performance by me. I passed badly both races and kept veering into cars despite trying my best to pass clean. I think tooma and Richy had that pleasure!

I'm going to miss next week. So I would race if I was you.

Sledgehammer Suts will return for the final round!! You've been warned!

:cheers:

Sincere apologies Joe and Jammy.

It was me!!!:dunce::dunce::banghead:

I was close to Joe heading to the tunnel at grand valley. I misjudged it, moved over the left corner onto the grass to avoid Joe. As I came back into the track my back clipped joes front who went into Jammy beside him. Jammy spins and actually gets me back on the rear and I just managed to stop my spin.

Sorry guys. :( I spoilt a good race. Hence I waited for you both.

Bad performance by me. I passed badly both races and kept veering into cars despite trying my best to pass clean. I think tooma and Richy had that pleasure!

I'm going to miss next week. So I would race if I was you.

Sledgehammer Suts will return for the final round!! You've been warned!

You made a great pass on me at GV Suts - you went by like you had just dropped some nitro - vavavoom man.

Qualifier - Daytona Road Course - 542pp - Stock & Oil

quali.jpg

Race - Daytona Road Course - 542pp - SS - Stock & Oil

daytona.jpg

Grand Valley East (Reverse) - 461pp - SS - Stock & Oil

gv.jpg

Man of the Meet: Jammy. Leading by example in R1 and great fightback in R2, well done.

Congrats to Colin for a strong win at GV. You took the lead early and no one could get near you after that hence you not appearing much in the video (sorry mate). Also, a shout out to richy who showed his class this week. Near the end of the R2 Suts went off onto the grass and you, richy-boy, noticed this in your mirrors. Then you waited to bring your rival, the bruised, battered but effervescent SilverWinged Suts, home. Very decent of you mate.

Suts, re the tunnel thing: I slowed so as not to hit the guys in front who were jostling for position and I think this caught you off guard. It wasn't your fault, just one of those things that they call a RI. As Jammy says, any contact and the 350 isn't happy.

Also, a shout out to the unluckiest guy in the madness series - fad! One day mate, one day lady luck will shine on you!

Wasn't enjoying it last night, sorry guys.

Funnily enough, I felt very indifferent during the races too. You, though, looked smooth and I was impressed with your pace despite not being on the wheel for a while. You've got a very distinctive driving style on the pad but it's still evident on the wheel! I wish you wouldn't just leave the room after spinning out, though, cos every time you do I visualise your DS3 (dfgt last night) skelping the living room wall and bouncing out the window:banghead:

Congrats to jammy for the win in R1. I couldn't get the Bus Stop right even once as the dirty air pushed the car wide every time. Jammy won that race despite the results showing me in 1st. R2, I had some good battles with tooma and quentin. Also, I shouldn't have gotten 3rd. That happened more by luck than design. Good fun watching others in the replay, though. Also, well done to Slant in R2 - carried good speed around GV. If you're about next week, come along mate!

IMPORTANT: We'll be swapping week 4 for week 5 which means next weekend we'll be running both cars from week 5 and the week 4 cars will move to week 5. It's important that Venari is there for his car/track combo.

I've probably missed some important mentions out. My head ain't on my shoulders today - must be something they put in the water at Jammy and Colin's Reggae Bar in deepest darkest northern Japan - so apologies if I've missed anyone out.

I may have to cancel my involvement in this series, I've got business to deal with and I cannot race.

Okay CJ, thanks for letting us know. Hope all is well at your end, best wishes mate:tup:

Whoever wrote the sign had downed a few...

Have just noticed what you mean about the sign Tom. Great what beer goggles can do for you:embarrassed:

BTW, wherever the action is, the camera goes; I have no control over it.

Championship Scores After 3 Meets (6 races)

1. joe 128
2. buybon 84
3. Venari 77
4. fad 73
5. richy 70
6. leo 68
7. suts 59
8. Tom_A 58
9. GarthTooma 46
10. jammy 37
11. Quentin 34
12. DC 28
13. Slant 26
14. IfAndOr 6
15. Al 6

Team Championship

1. Team TJ 174
2. Team Ecurie Ecosse 143
3. The Lawnmower Bandits 128
4. The Beach Boys 114
5. Team Ven/Q 111
6. Team Rich/DC 98
7. jammy (independent) 37
8. AJ racing 6
9. Hit or Miss (independent) 6
10. Slant 26

The Lawnmower Bandits (fad/mgo Tom_A)
Ecurie Ecosse (buybon/Suts)
The Beach Boys (tooma/Leo)
Team TJ (tooma/joe)
AJ Racing (Al/John)
Team Hit or Miss (IfAndOr)
Team Rich/DC (richroo/Derek Morten)
Team Venari/Quentin
Team Slant
Team jammy

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I felt very indifferent during the races too. You, though, looked smooth and I was impressed with your pace despite not being on the wheel for a while. You've got a very distinctive driving style on the pad but it's still evident on the wheel! I wish you wouldn't just leave the room after spinning out, though, cos every time you do I visualise your DS3 (dfgt last night) skelping the living room wall and bouncing out the window:banghead:

It doesn't get that far. Too many mistakes last night - it's a lot harder to recover from them on wheel than it is on pad - the obvious thing here is that I push harder and make more mistakes because on the pad I can recover more easily. On the wheel, I get punished for the same. I enjoyed lapping, although i just couldn't find the pace in the Daytona, I would have liked to follow your line once or twice to see where it was - mostly grip through the hairpin before the banking, I think, where you guys were finding grip I have no idea, my line was totally different to yours but when I tried your line I was nowhere.

IMPORTANT: We'll be swapping week 4 for week 5 which means next weekend we'll be running both cars from week 5 and the week 4 cars will move to week 5. It's important that Venari is there for his car/track combo.

Very kind. 👍

Funnily enough, I felt very indifferent during the races too.
Ahh, it's nice to be missed? :P

Sorry I didn't make it. I did try to get there again but the usual circumstances didn't allow it once more. Oh and the cat was ill this week too! The troubles of a race driver. :boggled:

wherever the action is, the camera goes
The camera did quite a lot of going!

a shout out to richy who showed his class this week. Near the end of the R2 Suts went off onto the grass and you, richy-boy, noticed this in your mirrors. Then you waited to bring your rival, the bruised, battered but effervescent SilverWinged Suts, home. Very decent of you mate.

Richy was great.:bowdown: I suddenly found myself getting past Richy near end of R2. However as I tried to pass, I got a wheel on the grass hence hit Richy. I slowed down to let him go but he slowed even more. So rest of race we had a battle. Although I was trying my hardest and Richy was having a Sunday drive!! Thanks Richy. It was good of you to wait as it's more fun to finish last whilst still racing someone.

Suts, re the tunnel thing: I slowed so as not to hit the guys in front who were jostling for position and I think this caught you off guard. It wasn't your fault, just one of those things that they call a RI. As Jammy says, any contact and the 350 isn't happy.

Joe. Thank you for that.:) It was a real shame as I loved driving the 350 and it was really good fun. It should have given us real close racing but it's very unforgiving if anything goes wrong!! Yep...we were all really close racing but more risk of racing incidents. I'm still sorry I didn't read it better and braked to stay behind you.

I'm glad you've swapped the race calendar. Gt40 and spa will hopefully be great. And I really dislike the Red Devil.

I think Sledgehammer Suts should be my new title. Please give him a wide berth. :eek::D

Best all.

EDIT: Shout out to my teammate Colin @buybon355 for the mega win at GVE. :bowdown:Led from the start and kept it for a well deserved win. At least Ecurie Ecosse has one driver keeping us up on the points. :lol:

Last edited:
Really liked both cars, just couldn't get a time out of the daytona. Enjoyed the race though.
GT350 is a great car, was able to lap reasonably consistently, holding the gap as the battles continued behind. Enjoyed it but would have liked to to have some company.

Great video, really shows the close racing 👍

Funnily enough, I felt very indifferent during the races too.
Ahh, it's nice to be missed?

Seems like you've got mental powers too:P

Richy was great.:bowdown:

Yup, I think he epitomised what I'm trying to achieve in this series - fun but hard racing. There has to be more in it than the goal of winning, for me at least.

I think Sledgehammer Suts should be my new title.

Can't give you that mate, SilverWinged Suts has been lasered into my brain never to be removed.

Really liked both cars, just couldn't get a time out of the daytona.

I could but not come race day. I was almost a second quicker in clean practice runs but struggled on race day.

Enjoy your mid-week racing guys and we'll catch you next weekend:tup:

Thanks fadmad for helping:gtpflag:

I also want to participate,Please invite

This is what to do:

1. Please arrive in the Club Lobby at 7 am (Japan time) on Sunday morning
2. The first race will start at 7:30 am
3. Ensure both cars are ready before the first race begins
4. There is a 10-minute break then race 2 starts
5. Don't leave the room during the 10-minute break

This page will help you: https://translate.google.com/#ja/en/

News: The races on 4 March have been postponed for one week due to some drivers being unable to attend. We will follow the calendar as it is written on page one except for being one week late.

1966/67 cars - 11 March (10:30pm UK time)
1968/69 cars - 18 March (10:30pm UK time)

Enjoy a weekend off lads:tup:

Back