Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Haha the whole reason I have so many questions about price and stuff is that I don't have a One yet.

You use to be able to purchase add-ons through xbox.com but it looks like that feature has been removed. I'll log onto my XB1 later on to confirm prices for you.

I am curious.. are any of you using a racing wheel? and if so which one?

I really enjoyed Forza Motorsport on XBOX 360 but there was no reasonably priced wheel at the time and I have one of those xbox wireless ffb racing wheels which has OK pedals but the wheel is limited rotation and has odd glitches.. so I quit racing games on Xbox and stuck with PS3 with the DFGT which I got for $100 and is way better than the xbox wheel I have...

I was very close to getting an Xbox one is but once i realized MS did not continue support for really nice wheels like the Fanatecs.. which blew my mind.. as I was hoping if I got a Fanatec CSR I could use it on xbox one, xbox 360, ps3 and p4..

oh well..

So yeah.. what wheels are people using?

Haha the whole reason I have so many questions about price and stuff is that I don't have a One yet.

I wasn't able to see the price for the VIP membership because I already have it but the season pass is currently $33.49 instead of $49.99

I am curious.. are any of you using a racing wheel? and if so which one?

I really enjoyed Forza Motorsport on XBOX 360 but there was no reasonably priced wheel at the time and I have one of those xbox wireless ffb racing wheels which has OK pedals but the wheel is limited rotation and has odd glitches.. so I quit racing games on Xbox and stuck with PS3 with the DFGT which I got for $100 and is way better than the xbox wheel I have...

I was very close to getting an Xbox one is but once i realized MS did not continue support for really nice wheels like the Fanatecs.. which blew my mind.. as I was hoping if I got a Fanatec CSR I could use it on xbox one, xbox 360, ps3 and p4..

oh well..

So yeah.. what wheels are people using?
Well myself along with HAL and a few other's I can't remember right off have the Thrustmaster TX which blows my Fanatec CSR away. Only bad thing is it only is 2 pedal set and no shifter included (only paddles). 3 pedal set and shifter are both coming this summer.

Can't wait to finally get this game, I'm still regularly playing Forza 4 and occasionally Forza Horizon so will soon move to Xbox One when the Kinect-less version is released.

Just a quick question, is there any type of multi-class lobbies for online multiplayer like we had in Forza 4? If so are there any which have both LMPs and GT cars on track together?

Sick thank you sir.

No problem bro...

Can't wait to finally get this game, I'm still regularly playing Forza 4 and occasionally Forza Horizon so will soon move to Xbox One when the Kinect-less version is released.

Just a quick question, is there any type of multi-class lobbies for online multiplayer like we had in Forza 4? If so are there any which have both LMPs and GT cars on track together?

I'm checking right now and as far as multi-class lobbies go, I've only been able to find lobbies that are C/B/A/S-class racing. If there isn't a multi-class pubic lobby with LMP and GT cars, I'm pretty sure someone on FM.net has a league or hosts those kind of races.

I'm checking right now and as far as multi-class lobbies go, I've only been able to find lobbies that are C/B/A/S-class racing. If there isn't a multi-class pubic lobby with LMP and GT cars, I'm pretty sure someone on FM.net has a league or hosts those kind of races.

Thank you, I guess I'll have to find another type of lobby for when I just want a few races online. I'll be sure to look for any leagues which may interest me.

Thank you, I guess I'll have to find another type of lobby for when I just want a few races online. I'll be sure to look for any leagues which may interest me.

No problem, there are always people starting up leagues on Forzamotorsport.net (fm.net for short) so it shouldn't be difficult for you to find a good group of people to race with.

Well myself along with HAL and a few other's I can't remember right off have the Thrustmaster TX which blows my Fanatec CSR away. Only bad thing is it only is 2 pedal set and no shifter included (only paddles). 3 pedal set and shifter are both coming this summer.

Thanks.. i was hoping for a wheel that would work on both consoles... with Forza on xbox one already out, and project cars also coming to xbone... it may actually be the next console i get. Watched a review on that thrustmaster tx and it accepts the attachable F1 wheel and a touring type as well. Also a 3 pedal set is on the way also a manual shifter ..

Thanks.. i was hoping for a wheel that would work on both consoles... with Forza on xbox one already out, and project cars also coming to xbone... it may actually be the next console i get. Watched a review on that thrustmaster tx and it accepts the attachable F1 wheel and a touring type as well. Also a 3 pedal set is on the way also a manual shifter ..
Ya them 2 add-ons will definitely be going on my rig when they're released.

I'd love a decent wheel for Forza 5, I can imagine it would greatly enhance the experience :cool:

Sadly I lost my job two weeks after I got the X1 and F5, so no wheel anytime soon

I'm thankful for the health and happiness of me and mine though, things could be worse :)

Is the Thrustmaster TX the only decent racing wheel for Xbone at the moment? I for one am not enjoying FM5 that much and have actually gone back to FM4, the trouble in doing so being that I haven't seen anyone on the ABC'S lobby in a while.

My one true gripe with the game which I seem to be part of the minority in is the incredibly aggressive Drivatars. At least the AI in previous Forza games braked before they slammed straight into the side of me as if they didn't see me on the track. But I digress.

Is the Thrustmaster TX the only decent racing wheel for Xbone at the moment? I for one am not enjoying FM5 that much and have actually gone back to FM4, the trouble in doing so being that I haven't seen anyone on the ABC'S lobby in a while.

My one true gripe with the game which I seem to be part of the minority in is the incredibly aggressive Drivatars. At least the AI in previous Forza games braked before they slammed straight into the side of me as if they didn't see me on the track. But I digress.
I myself am finding the drivatars to be pretty aggressive, but for me it's in mid pack. Te couple that are in the front out up a good solid race.

I can only guess as to why it's happening, and I think it has to do with it learning from actual people. People that play in single player don't really tend to e as careful as they can, as if they were in multiplayer. They aren't to cautious and fly through the pack, not worrying so much as who they are affecting around them.

The fountain turn on Long Beach is the text book example of the worst Drivatars have to offer. Overly aggressive, no proper racing line, and they slow down so much that it turns into a demolition derby.
I hate that turn, with a passion. The couple of turns after that are just as bad. Narrow space, lots of cars.. doesnt end well. You have to try to rocket by everyone, hoping that you can make it by enough people in time, and hoping that one doesnt cause a train reaction of carnage.

Another of my random musings...

Although I have bought some, I do feel that Forza 5 is being a bit of a money-grabber dlc-wise

A ways down the road would have given some sort of excuse imo, but off the bat like they have?

A tad cynical I believe :(

Another of my random musings...

Although I have bought some, I do feel that Forza 5 is being a bit of a money-grabber dlc-wise

A ways down the road would have given some sort of excuse imo, but off the bat like they have?

A tad cynical I believe :(
I think the alternative was to charge more for the game. It's not like any of the paid DLC is necessary to play the game other than a couple of Rivals challenges.

I think the alternative was to charge more for the game. It's not like any of the paid DLC is necessary to play the game other than a couple of Rivals challenges
That's so I suppose :) I'd be more comfortable paying for tracks than cars

That's so I suppose :) I'd be more comfortable paying for tracks than cars
Don't tell Turn10 please. I'm sure Microsoft are just itching to be able to charge for tracks.

Question, is there a way to disable that dirt build up from races? Just wondering because sometimes it can be a bother in photomode.

Question, is there a way to disable that dirt build up from races? Just wondering because sometimes it can be a bother in photomode.

Does it not have the option to repair the car in photomode like in previous games? As would assume that would remove the dirt

Back