Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
What do yous think about the new Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spyder Wheel? It's only $99 but lacks any FFB.

Heck, the wheel I use currently for GT6 is a the cheap Ferrari GT Experience or something like that and it has no FFB nor is it officially supported by GT. I tried using the FFB on said wheel with nr2003 and F1 2013 on PC and I personally thought the vibration and all that was more of an annoyance, although I understand why FFB is so important to many. I'm more of a visual guy so I don't think the lack of FFB will kill it. I just want something that's officially supported and not have the wheel lagging behind because I have to use the controller options.

And I'm not ready to shell out $350+ for the next option on the Xbox one. :indiff: I'm already gathering the funds for the Xbox + Kinect + Forza 5 combo, Live gold, and a wheel.

I think the FFB is the most important thing in a wheel.
That's true but maybe if it had very hard vibration feedback it might bearable, and and perhaps beef
up the centre return spring with some bungees :D

I'm missing the ability to spectate whilst waiting for an online race to finish. Unless the option is there
and I haven't found it?

Hard vibration is not the same. I can't drive without FFB because it gives me the sense of the car's touch with the tarmac. Trust me a good wheel with FFB is soo close to real life, it's totally worth it. My advice to you would be to better stay without a wheel for a little longer and then get an FFB wheel. That's what I am doing in my case (not getting XB1 unless I get it with a wheel).

I think this is the problem with CronusMax adapters - they don't pass on the FFB on wheels from what I've heard otherwise they'd be a solution to everyone's problems.

Would love to see afew more tracks added to the game. Might be a bit of an ask getting my local Brands Hatch in the game I suppose (The only reason I hated never getting the chance to play Gran Turismo 6)

I think this is the problem with CronusMax adapters - they don't pass on the FFB on wheels from what I've heard otherwise they'd be a solution to everyone's problems.

Yes vibration only. I don't think it is possible program the FFB with the adapter since every wheel needs its own programming for the FFB to work. I would love to be proven wrong though!

Would love to see afew more tracks added to the game. Might be a bit of an ask getting my local Brands Hatch in the game I suppose (The only reason I hated never getting the chance to play Gran Turismo 6)
Oh yes I'd love Brands too but it seems we've had all the tracks we're getting for Forza 5 :(

I played GT6 for a while and Brands was very nice. The practice helped me win first place at
my local racecentre because by coincidence the track of the day was Brands :D

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/750F-RM/racecentretrophy_zps95c43ab3.jpg

Last edited:
Some questions on the Drivatar, I've had the game for a week now, in Free Play, none of the Drivatar's have livery's, is this what other people experience, also it seems the Drivatar's act more like regular AI in Free Mode than what I'm experiencing in Career Mode.

In Career Mode, I assume if you had completed a series and started a new race that you would be up against different Drivatar's, but it seems that they don't change. In the "C" class events it always the same Mini, WRX. etc.,.

I don't know about changing Drivatars between races since most of mine are on my Friends list but I do know that you can disable Drivatar liveries in one of the menus. I think it's the profile one.

Some questions on the Drivatar, I've had the game for a week now, in Free Play, none of the Drivatar's have livery's, is this what other people experience, also it seems the Drivatar's act more like regular AI in Free Mode than what I'm experiencing in Career Mode.

In Career Mode, I assume if you had completed a series and started a new race that you would be up against different Drivatar's, but it seems that they don't change. In the "C" class events it always the same Mini, WRX. etc.,.

Mine have all had livery's, even some of the people here have noticed my driveatar cars had my distinct tunes since the car had a cage they could see. I do drive some cars with stock paint jobs so I'm sure some see mine in what look like stock cars.

As for changing the drivers and cars from race to race in a series thats a no, I see the same cars and driveatars from start to finish of the series.

I have had plenty of cars with liveries in my races, usually the field is split, but I do see them every race. I wish I can see my drivatars on one of the tracks I'm 100% synced on :(

I'm sure he's super aggressive, the AI just gets me pissed sometimes haha

Liveries on my opponents Drivatar's show up in Career Mode, but still not in Free Play even with the liveries option enabled through the in game menu, might be a bug not a big deal just seems odd.

I really miss Tsukuba.

I was just thinking about the same thing with missing liveries in free play mode, but when I really paid attention I noticed that there were some cars that had them while others didn't.

The livery thing is probably down to some of the cars having stock paint jobs in the recommended paints section when you buy a new car. That's always struck me as odd.

Just out of curiosity, how many manufacture affinity points does it take to receive maximum manufacture discount percentage? Also, what is the quickest way to max out affinity points?

Just out of curiosity, how many manufacture affinity points does it take to receive maximum manufacture discount percentage? Also, what is the quickest way to max out affinity points?
I think it's 15×16500 XP or 247500 XP in total.

You don't get manufacturer discounts in Forza 5 but a higher affinity level awards bigger post race payouts if you're driving the corresponding make of car.

It has taken me about 9 hrs of driving each mfg to get to lvl 25. No real shortcuts that I know of.

I just got Forza 5! :dopey: Any tips or tricks that help you? How different are the physics compared to Forza 4?

I just got Forza 5! :dopey: Any tips or tricks that help you? How different are the physics compared to Forza 4?

If you have played any of the previous Forza games, make sure you log onto forzamotorsport.net then click on "Rewards" to collect some free ingame credits and/or car(s) that will be gifted to you.

Okay, so I might just be losing my mind, or something, but are there new rims? The Volk TE37, TSW Trackstar 4, and WedsSport TC 105 N all look totally unfamiliar to me. The blue edge to the Trackstar 4 seems like something I would have remembered.

Okay, so I might just be losing my mind, or something, but are there new rims? The Volk TE37, TSW Trackstar 4, and WedsSport TC 105 N all look totally unfamiliar to me. The blue edge to the Trackstar 4 seems like something I would have remembered.
Nope, all reused, however with the new materials system they look a lot better than any pervious version.

Back