Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Does it not have the option to repair the car in photomode like in previous games? As would assume that would remove the dirt
Not that I've noticed, but I could have skipped over it. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Wow, I got an Xbox One and Forza 5 yesterday, chose the MX-5 as my first car and decided to switch all assists off and the first thing I noticed was how much more the car moves around compared to Forza 4, it's certainly a lot more fun when it comes to driving.

I'm not sure if I like the drivatars, I like the idea behind it but sometimes they just need to accept that you're ahead.

Wow, I got an Xbox One and Forza 5 yesterday, chose the MX-5 as my first car and decided to switch all assists off and the first thing I noticed was how much more the car moves around compared to Forza 4, it's certainly a lot more fun when it comes to driving.

I'm not sure if I like the drivatars, I like the idea behind it but sometimes they just need to accept that you're ahead.
They go by your pace it seems like. That being said it can be easy to throw them off course, especially if you brake super late while entering a turn haha.

They go by your pace it seems like. That being said it can be easy to throw them off course, especially if you brake super late while entering a turn haha.

It's just irritating when 3/4 of my car is ahead of their front bumper but they turn in and spin me out. I have to say though they do act a lot more human-like, I was surprised when I saw a few cars down the road have a big crash and the other cars reacted to it rather than just crashing in to them, and then another car just missed their braking point and went off track although they did re-enter on the racing line causing another crash.

It's just irritating when 3/4 of my car is ahead of their front bumper but they turn in and spin me out. I have to say though they do act a lot more human-like, I was surprised when I saw a few cars down the road have a big crash and the other cars reacted to it rather than just crashing in to them, and then another car just missed their braking point and went off track although they did re-enter on the racing line causing another crash.
If you want to get around theme easier, I notice that when you take the inside line they will give you space as long as you just dont force your way in. Inch in and they will back off. However, if they are on the inside, they will just smash in. If they are going to pass me, I always try to make sure that they will pass on the outside, to avoid collision.

If you want to get around theme easier, I notice that when you take the inside line they will give you space as long as you just dont force your way in. Inch in and they will back off. However, if they are on the inside, they will just smash in. If they are going to pass me, I always try to make sure that they will pass on the outside, to avoid collision.

I'll bear that in mind next time I play, hopefully it brings a few less incidents.

My work colleagues and I raced the Nord a couple times tonight and boy was I penalised for driving with no aids, whereas they use them. The above average and highly skilled drivatars were anything off the sort and I was constantly knocked off the course by them. Having been knocked to the back of the pack after starting there and getting up to fifth, it made me long for pure AI drivers. Even M.Rossi...

I left them for dead on Silverstone in the same cars, though.

Nurb is new maybe they are not synced yet?
@VXR this sounds reasonable, give it some time, I'm sure they'll get better. Especially considering how different the The ring is now, people are probably still adjusting g to it.

Road America and Long Beach were the same when they came out. They're better now.

There are still some glaring ommisions track-wise though. I wonder if we'll see the likes of Mugello, Suzuka etc?

Sorry to mods about double post, but is anyone else getting an error message when they try to edit a post?
I've got a couple of zero size reply errors but they seem to have gone away now.

Last night I found one of my favorite engine notes in FM5.:) Bought the Aston Martin DBR-9 and man that thing sounds awesome.👍

You mean Nurb' is the last track addition for Forza 5?

If that's so, it's a bit of a disappointment for me :(
Yeah no kidding me too but we cant say we are not surprised. At least they added a few more tracks to F5 from launch. Was hoping for more by the time I picked up the X1 and F5 by the end of the year.

Nevermind me, I'm just never satisfied with how certain engines sound in games. Especially V12s.
To each their own. As long as they have a good sound that's enjoyable when you're driving them that's what matters to me.

For me, the sound of the Mazda MX-5 Cup is amazing. From the exhaust note, intake note, and down to the incredibly quick and precise "waaaahhhh-paahhhhhh" it makes whenever you shift gears. To wax poetic, that car is everything motorsports is.

For me, the sound of the Mazda MX-5 Cup is amazing. From the exhaust note, intake note, and down to the incredibly quick and precise "waaaahhhh-paahhhhhh" it makes whenever you shift gears. To wax poetic, that car is everything motorsports is.
I want that car.. I almost bought the pack itself, but I figured I'd wait till next week. Hopefully the pass is still on sale.

Link? I really hope this isnt the last one! Need one more I reckon to tide us over before Horizon 2 comes!

I don't remember exactly but it was mentioned when E3 started. Also game of the year version mentioned 3 tracks before Nurburing was even announced. I hope I am wrong, but if not 3 tracks are not bad at all. How many variations of these 3 tracks dlc have been included (Nurburing Nordschleife, GP , 24h format)?

Back