Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Is live down. i'm having unholy amounts of trouble signing in (got my XONE today, woohoo!)

Still waiting on my FM5 copy.

Does anyone know any good tutorials on how to make designs in the livery editor? The type that teach you from the very basics, as I've just picked up my first ever Forza title.👍

Is there any way to zoom in when you're applying decals to your cars? It says it's R-stick, called the "Advanced Camera", but I can't find a way to zoom in (unless you can't :crazy:)

Is there any way to zoom in when you're applying decals to your cars? It says it's R-stick, called the "Advanced Camera", but I can't find a way to zoom in (unless you can't :crazy:)
Depress the left thumb stick and move it up/down to zoom in/out. With left thumb stick depressed, move the right thumb stick L/R to pan (not rotate) L/R, and up/down for similar. Enjoy!

Depress the left thumb stick and move it up/down to zoom in/out. With left thumb stick depressed, move the right thumb stick L/R to pan (not rotate) L/R, and up/down for similar. Enjoy!

and it's such a pain that sometimes I go into Forza Vista and Photomode to see if things are lining up properly

Hi all :) Just wanted to have a little vent about racing online. I have no objection to being gently leaned on in the turns etc, but it drives (lol) me mad when people just smash into to me at full pelt so that they don't have to use their brakes so much

You know the scenario I'm sure...

You're braking in a nice controlled fashion and just getting ready to commit to the apex, looking forward to a good exit onto the following straight, and...

BOOOM! Some idiot just completely smashes you to pieces

So, so annoying. Forza 5 is such a great driving feeling but the gloss is somewhat tarnished by those idiots who imo are wasting the money they've spent on the game

Ahhh I feel better now, thanks for listening :D

Glad you got that out :D, just try to find private rooms with people you know that race well, but sometimes you can't find anything decent and you just join in the first room available...

Woo cool, I got the hang of making metallic and matt paints finally :)

If anyone is unaware of how, I'd be glad to tell

Mind you, I expect I'm the last one to have figured it out :D

Haven't had much time to play Forza 5 since buying it last week. Got my first RWD car today (Genesis 3.8 Coupe) and I just can't drive it, took it round Sebring and literally went off the track on every single corner.:lol: The physics really are very different from GT6, although the fact I'm playing with the controller probably doesn't help.

what? That's not realistic at all. When you do a swap in real life, it doesn't automatically make it impossible to open the hood.
No no no what I mean is if the bonnet opened on your v10 swapped supra and you still find the straight 6 in there, well that's a bit annoying, right? The fact that you cannot open it after an engine swap retains the feeling of accuracy, you simply PRETEND it's there.

(not that you would EVER want to remove the straight six)

To be honest, no, that is not retaining any kind of accuracy. It's simply taking away a feature. If anything, that's making it less accurate and far from realistic.

Since when has no confirmation of accuracy become a valid way to show something is accurate? I can pretend I'm in a fighter jet when racing, how accurate is that though?

Since when has no confirmation of accuracy become a valid way to show something is accurate? I can pretend I'm in a fighter jet when racing, how accurate is that though?
Don't rip me to pieces on this one :scared: I just feel showing a wrong engine is less accurate than not showing it at all because you can just presume it's there then.

I'm not saying the new engine shouldn't be there, I'm just saying I'm happy how t10 have managed the fact it isn't. Of course I do want them to add newly changed engines to forza vista.

Don't rip me to pieces on this one :scared: I just feel showing a wrong engine is less accurate than not showing it at all because you can just presume it's there then.
What? I'm in no way attacking you. I'm not sure why you think I am. Do you never get into debates with friends?

Both cases are inaccurate, still all it's doing is taking away a feature for lack of design. What they should do is model in the swaps, but with un-named engine swaps I wonder if the problem lies deeper than just design.

Both cases are inaccurate, still all it's doing is taking away a feature for lack of design. What they should do is model in the swaps, but with un-named engine swaps I wonder if the problem lies deeper than just design.
This is basically what they need to do next.

What? I'm in no way attacking you. I'm not sure why you think I am. Do you never get into debates with friends?

I'd rather the hoods don't open instead of opening them and finding an incorrect engine, it'd would be odd to see.

Now they can't model 150+ individual swapped engines for all the cars, let alone all the certain types of engine a car can swap in. Now what they could've done is this. Let's say I would like to swap a V8 into a certain car. They could take the Corvette ZR1's engine, remove the branding on it, and replacing the current engine inside. This method wouldn't work on all cars, but it would at least get 25% an engine you could still autovista in.

Like I said, there's no way they're going to individually model all engine swap options for all cars eligible for an engine swap.

I feel there are lots of areas like this in Forza, and always have been, but I'm ok with it. It's not like the Devs do Fit Checks on all the hardware you can strap on a car. Pretty sure you would have a hard time fitting a big block V8 in a Miata IRL, but in game, no problem!

If the Devs wanted to be sticklers for "fit and finish" of all mods, you'd be getting all sorts of alerts like: "you can't fit those upgraded brakes with those tiny stock wheels", or "you can't fit those wide tires without tubbing the fenders and increasing backspacing, or swapping to a 4-link suspension to get those old leaf springs out of the way", and "You're going to transverse- mount a V-8 with a 6-speed to the back of a beetle?!? Good luck!!" That would be realism, and I for one don't really think it would make the game better.

So they just let you do your thing and not worry about all that, but didn't bother modeling these down to the mm, like they did the OEM configuration.

I'd rather the hoods don't open instead of opening them and finding an incorrect engine, it'd would be odd to see.

Now they can't model 150+ individual swapped engines for all the cars, let alone all the certain types of engine a car can swap in. Now what they could've done is this. Let's say I would like to swap a V8 into a certain car. They could take the Corvette ZR1's engine, remove the branding on it, and replacing the current engine inside. This method wouldn't work on all cars, but it would at least get 25% an engine you could still autovista in.

Like I said, there's no way they're going to individually model all engine swap options for all cars eligible for an engine swap.
Well it could be possible. The engines you can choose from are from fm5 cars, which they have already modelled, so surely they could just pop them in the said engine bay?

Back