Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
It seems so weird to me that Infineon and Hockenheim weren't included in Forza 5, as they were first introduced in FM4, so I would imagine the layout and references are still pretty fresh. Also miss the different ToD presets, the warm morning/evening lighting looked so good on Infineon/Suzuka/Hockenheim, even though the only things that changed were literally just the skybox and lighting on cars lol.

Yes the track list is sadly lacking many great tracks :( It's my biggest gripe with FM5

The car list although reduced is adequate imo, just needs Porsches! :D

Hmm Thrust Master TX or Mad Catz PRF? Thinking Mad Catz for the F1 style quad gear/clutch paddleshift

The madcatz wheel keeps getting delayed, plus from what I have seen it is cog based FFB, and costs more than the TX does at this point. I have also heard that it only has 2 DOR's available, 270 and 900. The TX has a full range of adjustable DOR settings, and even more on pc. Not to mention that the T3PA pedal set is now available for the TX, the Baserboards mod allows fanatec pedals to be used with it (no modding, its a plug and play adaptor), and the T500RS pedals also work with the wheel, and within FM5. There is a H gated shifter coming out sometime this summer as well, and Thrustmaster have a far far better reputation than Madcatz for build quality and customer support. Also, the TX works in all the current pc racing simulations, works with dirt 3, grid 2, and F1 2013 on pc (have to manually configure the wheel though), it even works in burnout paradise lol. The TX is also fully supported on pc for the upcoming grid autosport, which I should have tomorrow via steam.

Does anyone know which features require Xbox Live Gold? Going to buy my XBone tomorrow. Just not sure when i'll get Live. Thanks.

Does anyone know which features require Xbox Live Gold? Going to buy my XBone tomorrow. Just not sure when i'll get Live. Thanks.
Without Live Gold you won't be able to race online. You may be able to do rivals, I'm not sure

I am sure you can buy dlc without Gold though, Microsoft made sure of that :D

You can do rivals, but any other multiplayer function will not work on FM5. Out of the game, you can watch Netflix, Hulu, and things like that WITHOUT live.

My One came with a 14 day Gold pass, make as much use of it if you are not planning to get it haha.

I have a question. I was doing the Nord+gp layout today in my A-class Viper, trying to beat some of you guys :P and while on my second lap I lost control a little and tapped the wall lightly.

Ever since the tap I felt I lost focus and seemed to be doing worse. although I finished the lap clean, and beat who I was trying I beat, at the end game selection menu (restart, replay, lb's ect) while its circling your car I noticed that my spoiler was gone. What I'm wondering is, does damaged/destroyed aero get calculated in? Or is it still "there" invisibly?

If it was the FM spoiler with adjustable downforce, then I'm pretty sure that the loss in downforce is calculated.

If it was the FM spoiler with adjustable downforce, then I'm pretty sure that the loss in downforce is calculated.
It was indeed that spoiler. If it does, it makes sense why my car was acting up. If it doesn't, then it was just me haha.
I think it depends if you have it on cosmetic only or simulation
Yeah, I have it on sim.

Has anyone experienced their car veering sharply to the the left or right as if the
controller has momentarily lost the plot? :confused:

Has anyone experienced their car veering sharply to the the left or right as if the
Yes, I've had it on a Datsun 510. It was nothing to do with the controller though as that is the only car I've had it happen so far. It was tuned to Bclass but it's unusable like that.

Paul, I have had some connectivity problems with my controllers. Sometimes the controller simply resets in the middle of the race. Sometimes the connection will degrade just a little bit, and I have experienced some random inputs during that. It happens in other games too. I find that playing with fresh batteries reduces the problem.

Paul, I have had some connectivity problems with my controllers. Sometimes the controller simply resets in the middle of the race. Sometimes the connection will degrade just a little bit, and I have experienced some random inputs during that. It happens in other games too. I find that playing with fresh batteries reduces the problem
Thanks for the reaasurance that it's not just me :)

I'll try to see if it happens more on worn batteries

Ilike to wear them right down though, I'm frugal (or tight lol) :D

In Forza 4, when looking through your garage, you could press X to see extra stats on the respective vehicles. Has this been removed in F5, or am I missing something?

In Forza 4, when looking through your garage, you could press X to see extra stats on the respective vehicles. Has this been removed in F5, or am I missing something?
In Forza 5 you can still do that, but a lot of the other filtering options in FM4 are not there for looking up cars, designs etc.,.

A very simplified option in the car section to looking up cars by class, but other filtering options have been left out.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Yeah, I know about those stats, but there used to be a chart that would appear when the pressed X that would show a bunch of other stats, such as number of cylinders, type of car (sedan, coupe, DTM, etc.), tire sizes, and a variety of other info. I can't seem to find that in F5.

I think my disc is screwed, The music is all funny and If I accidentally hit a wall or another car, the crash sound repeats itself throughout the rest of the race, A bit annoying to say the least, hopefully a brief clean of the disc might do the trick as there is no sign of Scratches

I think my disc is screwed, The music is all funny and If I accidentally hit a wall or another car, the crash sound repeats itself throughout the rest of the race, A bit annoying to say the least, hopefully a brief clean of the disc might do the trick as there is no sign of Scratches

If you have room, a full install of the game may help.

Back