Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
As far as I know, all FM5 tracks have made it into FM6. And again afaik, the RUF's haven't made it to FM6 but I couldn't name any others that haven't made the cut

To my slight :embarrassed:, I can't muster up the concentration to look in-depth at the car lists to find out

As far as manufacturers the only ones that didn't make the transition from 5 to 6 (as of now, anyway) are Citroen, Kia, and RUF.

So after seeing FM5 for a really stupid cheap price an deciding to buy it , i'm quite enjoying the game , prefer the sound to FM6 . Got to Teir 6 which is handy . Having had FM1/2/3/4 also meant i got 5 new cars an 1.500.000cr as me bonuses even before I had turned a wheel 👍

Done a few races , been on a few Tracks , one weird thing . Is the Green Hell Narrower in this game ? sure as hell feels like it :eek:

So after seeing FM5 for a really stupid cheap price an deciding to buy it , i'm quite enjoying the game , prefer the sound to FM6 . Got to Teir 6 which is handy . Having had FM1/2/3/4 also meant i got 5 new cars an 1.500.000cr as me bonuses even before I had turned a wheel 👍

Done a few races , been on a few Tracks , one weird thing . Is the Green Hell Narrower in this game ? sure as hell feels like it :eek:

I honestly feel tracks look and feel better in FM5. Just my two. As for sound, FM6 maybe does off-throttle sounds on some cars better.. but overall sound design, definitely better in F5. Really brings the sound system to life.

As the only title in the franchise I've not played, I was on the fence with buying it even if it's like 20$, what with the fact most people consider it a Forza "Lite", but for free I guess I can't pass it up. :D If anything it'll help with my Forza rewards.

As the only title in the franchise I've not played, I was on the fence with buying it even if it's like 20$, what with the fact most people consider it a Forza "Lite", but for free I guess I can't pass it up. :D If anything it'll help with my Forza rewards.

I was also on the fence about xbox one driving games and this title pushed it over the line. Played FM3 and FM4 on the 360 but didn't have any intentions going to One. Just picked up the Xbox one S bundle with FH3 and an a Gold subscription.

I am just enjoying this title (FM5) immensely - the VIP membership and Car pass were on specials for a grand total of A$10.78. With these, I think I have most of the cars in FM5. I'm just sorry I didn't jump in sooner.

I was also on the fence about xbox one driving games and this title pushed it over the line. Played FM3 and FM4 on the 360 but didn't have any intentions going to One. Just picked up the Xbox one S bundle with FH3 and an a Gold subscription.

I am just enjoying this title (FM5) immensely - the VIP membership and Car pass were on specials for a grand total of A$10.78. With these, I think I have most of the cars in FM5. I'm just sorry I didn't jump in sooner.

I'm the same, I bought an S earlier this year and have now got F5, F6, FH2 and FH3. Playing 5 before 6 and absolutely loving it so far.

However just came across something really annoying, I tried to save a replay and it came up with some weird message saying I have 'too many files of this type' and as a consequence won't let me save ? WTF ? Is this to do with cloud storage ? I don't get it, I only have 8 saved replays ??

Can someone please explain ?

Last edited:
I'm the same, I bought an S earlier this year and have now got F5, F6, FH2 and FH3. Playing 5 before 6 and absolutely loving it so far.

However just came across something really annoying, I tried to save a replay and it came up with some weird message saying I have 'too many files of this type' and as a consequence won't let me save ? WTF ? Is this to do with cloud storage ? I don't get it, I only have 8 saved replays ??

Can someone please explain ?
I believe 8 is the limit.

Out of curiosity, because I'm currently playing FM5, is anybody still playing? The game looks gorgeous for a 2013 title.

I'm still playing it, currently I'm swapping between F5, GTS and WRC7.

Im enjoying the game but but getting slightly irritated by the fact that so far in career mode I haven't driven on the big tracks such as the Nurburgring or Full Le Manns yet.
In in the Modern Grand Touring Cup, I'm hoping these tracks come up soon!

I might be being daft but I think the graphics are almost on a par or at times just as good as GTS, (on a1080P TV). The lightning is especially impressive.

Been getting more trophies in Forza 5 been a lot of fun, still play it and have all dlc cause that was on sale and Forza 5 was free with Xbox live gold awhile ago. Also loving the 2013 bmw m performance M3 :) I also changed from sim steering to normal and enjoying it more. I used to hate Forza 5 handling compared to Forza 6 and 7 :)

I have a digital copy, and decided to play FM5 for a little bit. Downloaded my Forza bonus points and did a race or two. Oddly enough my next career race was at Sebring in the Corvette race car, the same for 2 Rivals events in FM7. Afterwards I decide to see if there are still online hoppers going, and to my surprise there were! Now to play a little FM6, but I have to take the FM7 disc out. :scared:

I had mine from GWG but it disappeared for some reason from my library. I mean, I know it went EOL but I still have Forza Horizon 2 from Gold...

EDIT:Nevermind, for some reason I have to search for it on the store page and only then I can install it. Weird but works.

Last edited:
Anyone still playing Forza 5 I do here and there

I still play it - it's a classic. Best in terms of physics and car sound this Forza generation. I even like the look of the game better - it just feels like you're there on the track, FOV also doesn't look warped/zoomed out like FM6 and 7.
Let me know if you want to race although my Gold expires in about 2 weeks :dopey:

I still play it - it's a classic. Best in terms of physics and car sound this Forza generation. I even like the look of the game better - it just feels like you're there on the track, FOV also doesn't look warped/zoomed out like FM6 and 7.
Let me know if you want to race although my Gold expires in about 2 weeks :dopey:

I don’t have gold and also you wouldn’t believe it, I lost my original save so thousands and thousands of hours racing all gone. Re started, had all my badges and everything, had heaps of free cars to re add to garage and had 10 x 500,000 Forza hub credits. Not all bad but thousands of hours gone.

I don’t have gold and also you wouldn’t believe it, I lost my original save so thousands and thousands of hours racing all gone. Re started, had all my badges and everything, had heaps of free cars to re add to garage and had 10 x 500,000 Forza hub credits. Not all bad but thousands of hours gone.

Well, it's not really possible to lose your original save, unless you mostly played the game offline. It syncs every now and then and it's all up there in the cloud. Sounds like you used to play mostly with your network set to "offline".

Anyway, when you do have Gold, just let me know. We'll race. I don't think I'll ever get over the technical brilliance of FM5. :dopey:

Well, it's not really possible to lose your original save, unless you mostly played the game offline. It syncs every now and then and it's all up there in the cloud. Sounds like you used to play mostly with your network set to "offline"

Anyway, when you do have Gold, just let me know. We'll race. I don't think I'll ever get over the technical brilliance of FM5. :dopey:

I do play offline well still connected to internet. I had internet trouble on adsl for 3 weeks and it was struggling to sync to the cloud and my internet dropped out during sync then I lost that save file, I rang support they couldn’t do anything and made a ticket at Forza support couldn’t do anything either.

I do play offline well still connected to internet. I had internet trouble on adsl for 3 weeks and it was struggling to sync to the cloud and my internet dropped out during sync then I lost that save file, I rang support they couldn’t do anything and made a ticket at Forza support couldn’t do anything either.

Hmm, for future reference, if your sync gets interrupted for any reason, just launch the game again and let it re-sync. Leave it there for as long as it takes!

Hey all question, I was late to Forza 5 got it after Forza 7 as I came into Xbox one around the Xbox one S and got one for my birthday then got Forza 6 and Forza 7 day one. I lost my save file awhile ago was around level 160 and had lots of achievements and getting through career mode etc. is it worth now me doing it again and trying to finish up career mode, level 2 grrr and it kept all my badges and I get Forza hub credits too so sitting on 19,000,000 + and own all dlc bought it on sale ages ago.

just need some motivation to get through it it’s a lot of hours and I love cars and racing and Forza, still go back to older games and Forza 6. Thank you for reading

Hey all question, I was late to Forza 5 got it after Forza 7 as I came into Xbox one around the Xbox one S and got one for my birthday then got Forza 6 and Forza 7 day one. I lost my save file awhile ago was around level 160 and had lots of achievements and getting through career mode etc. is it worth now me doing it again and trying to finish up career mode, level 2 grrr and it kept all my badges and I get Forza hub credits too so sitting on 19,000,000 + and own all dlc bought it on sale ages ago.

just need some motivation to get through it it’s a lot of hours and I love cars and racing and Forza, still go back to older games and Forza 6. Thank you for reading

Not sure how you lost your save. Just clear up Local Saved Games, and sync your save with the cloud.

Note: it might take forever, but let it sync!

Back