Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy Forza 5 this week. Is there still enough online multiplayer activity so I can jump in and have a quick random race now and then?

Thanks! :)

There's LOTS to do in MP. There's also Rivals which you should check out. And if you really want to make things interesting, add a few friends on Live, and have a custom race with all your headsets on. Nothing like it!

Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy Forza 5 this week. Is there still enough online multiplayer activity so I can jump in and have a quick random race now and then?

Thanks! :)
Yes, there's plenty of online races going on 👍

image.jpg

Not shown: the 8 or 9 million I already downloaded. :lol:

Lucky you, I started out horribly poor.

Perhaps, but you blazed the trail for me to follow, right? :P

Okay, I'm super curious now, what'd you do to get all that? A Day One edition or something??

I bought my copy of FM5 on launch day back in '13, knowing I'd eventually get the system. So yep, Limited Edition. Considering a good chunk of the expensive cars are also free thanks to DLC, I think I'll probably be good for money for the majority of the game.

Perhaps, but you blazed the trail for me to follow, right? :P

I bought my copy of FM5 on launch day back in '13, knowing I'd eventually get the system. So yep, Limited Edition. Considering a good chunk of the expensive cars are also free thanks to DLC, I think I'll probably be good for money for the majority of the game.

Lucky! 👍

It irks me a great deal knowing some of the BEST cars in the game can only be driven through paid DLC. :grumpy:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

P.S: Out of curiosity, how much does the F5 install occupy on your HDD? Minus paid DLC.

That was from several months of Forza Rewards. My drivatar did 400 races and got something like 66k.

I'm pretty sure I have enough credits available to buy every single car in the game (I have maybe 70 or so I don't own yet). I wish GT would add something like that as I recently picked it back up to test my new T300RS wheel for the past few weeks and it's a complete grind-fest.

Well, I'm in the middle of a career grind. You can't sell cars or car parts so I hardly make close to 300,000 and end up buying a car just to max it out and try different tunes on different tracks.

It's going to take me a while before I even get close to 1,000,000.

Nope, pretty sure about that figure. It's one of largest games on my xbone right now, slightly behind Halo MCC and GTA V.

Oh wait..you must have all the paid DLC installed. I've got the game + tracks content update + all free cars. Pretty sure it's just under 40 gigs.

Edit: Nope, looks like *I* had it backwards. F5 is indeed 40 gigs, it's Hor 2 that's 38 gigs...mahh bad yo!

Last edited:
Big bump, but this is a general thread so...

I was just in some beginners A class multiplayer races. I like the quick turnover for variety of tracks

Please forgive the text-speak but omg wtf kind of loonies are some online players? They just utterly
and blatantly smash you off the track to gain a place

After the race, do they actually sit back in their chair and think 'go me, I won that'? :eek:

Roll on FM6 with its weekly races that will (hopefully) put you in a race with like minded, clean racers

I read that it'll be matchmaker based on collisions among other things, so I'm a tad worried whether
it'll differentiate between you having contact on the rear or the front of your car

I've enjoyed most of the racing I've done in the hoppers, as it seems most of the casual people have dropped out of FM5 after nearly two years. I have seen a few people blatantly cutting at Spa though (the final turn, and Eau Rouge), which is really disappointing. Was in a room with a complete arse that cut through the grass at Yas (preceeding the left-right before the slowest hairpin, on the first half of the track), divebombing absolutely everybody that was taking the two turns properly. He ended any hopes of me placing in the top 8 with that, so I had no problem with pinging him a few turns later. That'll be the hardest part of FM6's leagues; not giving into retaliation. :P

I read that it'll be matchmaker based on collisions among other things, so I'm a tad worried whether
it'll differentiate between you having contact on the rear or the front of your car

That is one thing I'm worried about too. The end of the car that hits would help, as would a speed differential between you and the other car(s). If I was going faster than the other car I came into contact with, chances are I caused the bump.

I've enjoyed most of the racing I've done in the hoppers, as it seems most of the casual people have dropped out of FM5 after nearly two years. I have seen a few people blatantly cutting at Spa though (the final turn, and Eau Rouge), which is really disappointing. Was in a room with a complete arse that cut through the grass at Yas (preceeding the left-right before the slowest hairpin, on the first half of the track), divebombing absolutely everybody that was taking the two turns properly. He ended any hopes of me placing in the top 8 with that, so I had no problem with pinging him a few turns later. That'll be the hardest part of FM6's leagues; not giving into retaliation. :P
I'll race clean as a whistle. That is until someone purposely bashes me off track, then the race ends up being a dedication to finding that one single player and making it a living hell. I usually wont stop until I get them back, even if its after multiple races. I give in to that temptation way to much :lol:

Whats great though is when you get someone flying full speed into whats basically a 90 degree turn, hoping to ricochet off you, but you notice and turn in way later then what they where expecting and they fly off track.

However, if its someone that is significantly slower then me. I'll just catch up, slow down and let them pass me, speed up and pass them and get a couple of seconds ahead, let them catch up again, and then take off. Nothing more satisfying then that, really.

I take things too far :(

Last edited:
Got the setup I outlined in this thread here in anticipation of FM6, currently blasting through FM5! Tag: Wardez, add me!

So, who's going to be deleting FM5 off their hdd once FM6 hits?

I'm undecided
That's a good question, and I didn't even think about that really. I'll Likely do it, as I don't see a reason why I'd need to go back, really.

That's a good question, and I didn't even think about that really. I'll Likely do it, as I don't see a reason why I'd need to go back, really
I think I'd miss doing pretend Porsches with the RUF's but that's all I can think of, top of my head

When's the Porsche dlc for FM6, first half of next year?

I think I'd miss doing pretend Porsches with the RUF's but that's all I can think of, top of my head

When's the Porsche dlc for FM6, first half of next year?
I haven't really been keeping up with it, to be honest. I really can't think of a single reason why I should keep it on my HD, but I do know that I need space, and that FM6 is going to be taking my time so that's more then enough reason to get rid of it :lol:

Hmm...that is indeed a good question @RacerPaul.

I suppose it depends on the cars and tracks.. if there are tracks in FM5 that aren't in 6 (doubt it) and cars which I can only drive in FM5 (again, doubt it), then I might keep it. Otherwise little point.

Hmm... that is indeed a good question @RacerPaul.

I suppose it depends on the cars and tracks.. if there are tracks in FM5 that aren't in 6 (doubt it) and cars which I can only drive in FM5 (again, doubt it), then I might keep it. Otherwise little point
As far as I know, all FM5 tracks have made it into FM6. And again afaik, the RUF's haven't made it to FM6 but I couldn't name any others that haven't made the cut

To my slight :embarrassed:, I can't muster up the concentration to look in-depth at the car lists to find out

Back