Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
oops... moved to specific Porsche thread.

Last edited:
Mechberg just put on the official forums, that because the Porsche pack is out today, we will see the March car pack a bit later on in the Month.

My guess would be next Tuesday. After all, they might want to limit the frequency of content updates and they already said they aim to fix the Ford DP as soon as possible. No reason to keep car pass holders waiting for too long.

If Turn 10 was so worried about micro transactions, they would have never have been so generous with the wheel spins on the console version, and made people buy tokens for cars. I think it's more of a Demo of sorts, I don't think anyone should worry about them shifting away from the console. This has been discussed in the "Forza 6 coming to PC?" thread. 👍
Yep, looks like you were right and this is more of a fancy demo to show what can be done on the PC.

Bought and downloaded Porsche, only had one race in the 'Anthlodgy' bit as I'm a bit tired from work today but will definitely try more of it tomorrow. 👍

If it's only on Win10 then they can put it where i think since i'll have Win7 on my pc. Win10 is just Win8 with some improvements but a lack of privacy.
So what should T10 do, not take advantage of the next generation of DirectX (12) just so FM can run on Windows 7? I support approximately 20 Windows 7 installs and 30 Windows 10, Windows 10 has been a very good successor. As for personal use, I have two Windows 10 desktops and a laptop. Every racing sim I have run great on Windows 10.
As for privacy, I wouldn't own a cell phone if you worry about data collection/privacy. Heck, your TV collects information.

Can anyone point me in the direction of or gives me some FFB setting tips if even needed for using a wheel. Also sim steering on when using the wheel yeah?

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_lamborghini_super_trofeo_series

Man. So many annoucements within 24 hours. Porsche. Forza 6 Apex PC. New Forza game cover car. (Lamborghini Centenario, most likely FH3) Now A Lambo Huracan Super Trofeo Unicorn?? What's next T10?? Haha

EDIT: Looks a lot easier to acquire the Huracan than the V8 Vantage from last month, you just have to set a clean lap time every week for Season 1. Still not exactly thrilled with the idea of Unicorns returning each month, but if they're this easy to get, then I guess it's a fair trade-off.

Last edited:
Ran 3 laps and got myself a 1:53.561. Solid performing car on a relatively easy track. I think I might have a better chance in this one than I did in that god-awful Rolls Royce event.

Just purchased myself a Logitech G920. Fun times lay ahead
Once you've got it up and running to your liking, could you post a review (or pm me if you prefer) please?

I'm toying with the idea of getting one so a review by an actual customer as opposed to a paid tester would
be much appreciated

Thanks in advance 👍

Ooh nice roof scoop.

lambo-event-2.jpg

...and I just bought the Porsche pack as well, looks like they'll have to wait :lol:

@RacerPaul so far I am super impressed little bit of a learning curve but once you get past that super fun. Feedback is great you can really feel the car under you. I would highly recommend.

Will you not be able to set a clean lap once a week for 3 weeks? A lot easier than last months that's for sure
Isn't that for a special skin of any already present car?

You have to get three of the four to get the actual unicorn as far as I can tell.

Isn't that for a special skin of any already present car?

You have to get three of the four to get the actual unicorn as far as I can tell.
To earn this exclusive bonus car, all you need to do is collect THREE of the variant livery Lamborghini Super Trofeo cars during Season 1. You can mix and match however you like – for example, earning three bronze Variant Livery Gallardos via weekly Rivals.
Three Bronze Variant Gallardos = 3 Clean Laps on the 3 different rivals events (Over 3 weeks) in Season 1.

Three Bronze Variant Gallardos = 3 Clean Laps on the 3 different rivals events (Over 3 weeks) in Season 1.
So I just have to not forgot to do a lap a week...
God I'm too tired to care. Maybe I'll do a lap tomorrow if I feel the urge.

Monthly Rivals - Forza 6 Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Season 1, Week 1
  • Car Class: R
  • Car Eligibility: Model = Lamborghini #18 Gallardo ST, Stock Only
  • Track: Monza Full (Day)
  • Open: March 2 through March 7

Leagues - Lamborghini Super Trofeo S1W1 League
  • Car Class: R
  • Car Eligibility: Model = Lamborghini #14 Gallardo ST, Stock Only
  • Open: March 4 through March 9

Once you've got it up and running to your liking, could you post a review (or pm me if you prefer) please?

I'm toying with the idea of getting one so a review by an actual customer as opposed to a paid tester would
be much appreciated

Thanks in advance 👍

Hope you don't mind me chiming in.

The G920 wheel is pretty much exactly like the G27. It has a stiffer feel to it though, and the center deadzone in feedback appears reduced. The cars in Forza handle really well with it also, and it is very possible to get into the top 20 on the LB with it.

The only thing that lets the wheel down, is how T10 have the FFB in Forza. Which when compared to say Assetto Corsa, is a little lack luster. Regardless of this however, it is very possible to feel what the car is doing. You can tell when you have understeer, you can tell when you have torque steer, and you can tell when the rear is sliding out. Even at 900°, it is very easy to drive the cars, drive them well, and drive them alien fast.

The brake pedal, which has been of some contention between users of the wheel, is actually very good. There are a lot of people who do not like the feel of it, as there is a rubber damper in there now; unlike on the G25/G27 pedal set. This allows you to brake a car a lot better in my personal opinion, and it gives you a much more "positive" feel when braking. The clutch pedal also feels slightly stiffer then the one on my G27 pedals also, which is nice. I do wish there was a little more resistance in the throttle pedal though.

The only downside to the G920 at the moment, is the lack of support from Logitech on the PC. The driver just plain sucks, and the new logitech gaming software has a lot of missing options that the old software had for the G25/G27. Such as been able to adjust the spring and dampers.

Regardless however, the G920 works perfectly with Pcars on the PC. As well as Dirt rally, F1 2015, it even works well in older codemasters games. I have personally tried it with Dirt 2, Dirt 3, dirt showdown; plus I have used it in all the Grid games on PC as well. The wheel does work with the PC version of Assetto also, but at the moment it will oscillate rather badly when you are at a standstill. There is a work around that involves editing a value in one of Assetto's config files, and this removes the oscillation. Besides that, the wheel works great in Assetto.

I am also using windows 10, which again has been a bit of contention between users of the G920 wheel on the PC. I have not had an issue, but others say the wheel will not work with windows 10. So it appears to be hit and miss on this front.

Personally I stick to my G27 on the PC, as the driver and software offers more options at this moment in time. And in all honestly, I only bought the G920 to use on the Xbox one; as I didnt want to buy another TX wheel. I was treated rather poorly by Thrustmaster support, and the replacement wheel Amazon sent me when my original TX burnt up was DOA.

I am on my second G920 wheel however, as the right paddle shifter was registering 2 button presses. One when you pull it, and another when you let go. Logitech where unable to sort the issue out themselves, as they have no UK service center in out jolly country (go figure). But there is still a 2 year warranty cover with them. As my wheel was under a year old, they suggest I go to the point of sale for a replacement, which in my case was PCworld. They suggested this as it would be quicker to get a replacement from there, which took about a week as it was purchased online. There was no issues with PCworld replacing the wheel however. But Logitech not having a UK service center is something to be noted. There shouldn't be any issue with getting them to replace a wheel that is a year old however, as by UK and EU consumer law, they would have no choice but to replace/repair the unit within the second year.

Hope this helps you out.

And a couple of videos so you can see how the cars handle with the G920:
Stock 82' 911 turbo:

Stock 04 911 GT3:

A700 Lotus Exige S:

C500 S2000:

Last edited:
Lambo rivals might just be doing my head in a bit on timing the first corner right. I know I can do it but I keep screwing up the lap and going off. I'll keep at it though that Lambo is a nice drive.

Wow nice one turn 10. Gifting be a suburu brz for free. I didn't own one so this is very welcome along with 100,000 credits and 6,400 credits from drivatar winnings and now the Porsche expansion. I feel this is my super lucky day off!

Last edited:
Just do a clean lap 3 different times? That is way easier then the V8 Vantage! Glad to see that this Unicorn car is easier then the last.

Back