Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
Just for fun, I decided to do a 20-lap race of the full Rio circuit in the MP4/4. It's such a shame that...
  1. You can't restrict the opponents to the MP4/4.
  2. The "opponent liveries" option doesn't work.

DK
Just for fun, I decided to do a 20-lap race of the full Rio circuit in the MP4/4. It's such a shame that...
  1. You can't restrict the opponents to the MP4/4.
  2. The "opponent liveries" option doesn't work.

Oh you just discovered this? Number 1 that is.

Forza 5 will keep the AI cars as close to your own car as possible. Neat stuff.

What did they do to Spa? I hadn't played Xbox since January and had a large update for Forza when I played it. Spa was one of the tracks that said updating. Any ideas?

What did they do to Spa? I hadn't played Xbox since January and had a large update for Forza when I played it. Spa was one of the tracks that said updating. Any ideas?

Hmm...I think they may have adjusted some of the tracks' boundaries. I remember Brandshatch or Sebring was among them as there were some minor inaccuracies. I haven't noticed any major changes though.

So, erm... Been playing Forza for the better part of 10 years now, and FM6 for just about a year... I've been playing with no clutch for over 10 years because I couldn't get it to work on the A button while retaining X and B to shift with the preset controller settings. I *just* realised there's an option to switch the clutch and handbrake button mapping. 🤬 :ouch:

So, erm... Been playing Forza for the better part of 10 years now, and FM6 for just about a year... I've been playing with no clutch for over 10 years because I couldn't get it to work on the A button while retaining X and B to shift with the preset controller settings. I *just* realised there's an option to switch the clutch and handbrake button mapping. 🤬 :ouch:
Yes it's so much better! I put clutch on A, upshift to X and downshift to B. I hit x+a or x+b at the same time.

Hell, I couldn't get it working with the face buttons at all. That swappable clutch/handbrake comes in handy with the set up I use. Clutch is down on the right joystick, upshift is left button, and down shift is right button on mine.

The man w/clutch certainly makes for some very interesting driving; however, I've avoided it as the downshifts lack that satisfying bark coming from the engine. For immersion's sake, I just lift my finger off the trigger between manual stick shifts. :lol::cheers:

Hello together.
A friend bought himself an Xbox One and FM6 in the Ultimate Edition a week ago, but he can't get any of the car packs or expansion packs working. His VIP doesn't work either and the free cars don't work as well. He already tried contacting the Microsoft support, but they weren't any help.

Did some of you had the same problems with their Ultimate Edition or just simply know how to fix all of that? Got the Ultimate Edition myself, but everything worked fine for me.

Hello!
if digital, maybe try opening up forza 6 properties, by pressing start button on forza 6 icon.
choose manage, and logically everything missing should be on the ready to install list. click each item and you are done.
(same thing you'll do for all games that have extras and for any reason don't download automatically)
if the purchase is not digital, but on disk(?) maybe he needs to enter codes for them(?) that were inside the box? in that case, goto store and use redeem code function for each code.
:)

Hello!
if digital, maybe try opening up forza 6 properties, by pressing start button on forza 6 icon.
choose manage, and logically everything missing should be on the ready to install list. click each item and you are done.
(same thing you'll do for all games that have extras and for any reason don't download automatically)
if the purchase is not digital, but on disk(?) maybe he needs to enter codes for them(?) that were inside the box? in that case, goto store and use redeem code function for each code.
:)
It's on CD and he did enter all the codes. He also checked in the properties if everything is installed and also reinstalled everything.

where the codes "accepted"? ie upon entering them, he got message that code is good and corresponds to vip/car pack/etc?
if yes, should be either in "Installed" area, or in the "Ready to install" area.

Hey everyone. I've been away for a bit, but I had to go ahead and get the XBox One S with Forza 6, Halo 5, and other stuff deal. I was holding off on a next gen console, possibly until GT Sport is released, but I decided to give this a go and have been really liking Forza thus far. It's also my first Drivatar experience, which is...different.

Edit: I also discovered that getting the '45 Jeep and taking it to Free Play Prague will put you up against other Jeeps, VW Bugs, and a couple of mini-buses.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I've been away for a bit, but I had to go ahead and get the XBox One S with Forza 6, Halo 5, and other stuff deal. I was holding off on a next gen console, possibly until GT Sport is released, but I decided to give this a go and have been really liking Forza thus far. It's also my first Drivatar experience, which is...different.

Edit: I also discovered that getting the '45 Jeep and taking it to Free Play Prague will put you up against other Jeeps, VW Bugs, and a couple of mini-buses.

Welcome to the Forza club. Recently came aboard myself and loving it. We're actually a few years away from a next gen console - the One-X is simply a mid-gen upgrade, kind of like the 32X was for the Mega Drive.

Forza offers a fantastic all-around racing experience, although I'm quite excited about P.Cars2 as it seems to be doing things that Forza either can't or doesn't aim to.

Welcome to the Forza club. Recently came aboard myself and loving it. We're actually a few years away from a next gen console - the One-X is simply a mid-gen upgrade, kind of like the 32X was for the Mega Drive.

Forza offers a fantastic all-around racing experience, although I'm quite excited about P.Cars2 as it seems to be doing things that Forza either can't or doesn't aim to.

Cool, and thanks. I understand about the Next Gen; how about saying it's my first step up from PS3/360 then? I mostly held off as I don't have a great deal of time to play anymore, and there were and are so many games I hadn't got to. But I'm enjoying Forza and am impressed with quite a bit of it. I also plan to get Horizon 3 at some point. Well, first I'll need to add an external hard drive, as Forza 6, Halo 5, Dirt Rally and a couple 360 games have the 500GB drive at 75%.

I'm curious about PCars, but I haven't played it. The same with iRacing, as that seems like it could become a serious addiction.

Cool, and thanks. I understand about the Next Gen; how about saying it's my first step up from PS3/360 then? I mostly held off as I don't have a great deal of time to play anymore, and there were and are so many games I hadn't got to. But I'm enjoying Forza and am impressed with quite a bit of it. I also plan to get Horizon 3 at some point. Well, first I'll need to add an external hard drive, as Forza 6, Halo 5, Dirt Rally and a couple 360 games have the 500GB drive at 75%.

I'm curious about PCars, but I haven't played it. The same with iRacing, as that seems like it could become a serious addiction.

Oh for sure, the external is mandatory if you want to install more than 8-9 Xbox One games at any given time, along with X360 ones. Get Project CARS - you will really like it. Just don't expect the same level of visual or audio polish as Forza. The physics however, those are amazing. Definitely a step above Forza. About iRacing, never played it, but I hear it's among the top tier sims on PC.

I'm liking Forza 6 and discovered something that many have likely already figured out. In Free Play, if I reduce the number of Drivatar AIs to 5-7 they become much better and far less crash crazy. I've had some fun, intense races that way using the Pro setting. I'm generally impressed with the game, but the group of 23 Drivatars does a lot of stupid things.

I'm liking Forza 6 and discovered something that many have likely already figured out. In Free Play, if I reduce the number of Drivatar AIs to 5-7 they become much better and far less crash crazy. I've had some fun, intense races that way using the Pro setting. I'm generally impressed with the game, but the group of 23 Drivatars does a lot of stupid things.

Try having a 1-on-1 race with the AI on max difficulty. Really intense. Unfortunately, FM6's PI index for cars is a bit dodgy - you'd be driving an S class road car and the AI pops up with an R class race car on the grid! You can of course set car class and leagues but if your car is upgraded, you'd have an unfair advantage.

Try having a 1-on-1 race with the AI on max difficulty. Really intense. Unfortunately, FM6's PI index for cars is a bit dodgy - you'd be driving an S class road car and the AI pops up with an R class race car on the grid! You can of course set car class and leagues but if your car is upgraded, you'd have an unfair advantage.

I'll have to try the 1-on-1 at unbeatable; thanks. I did notice that the game put in higher classification cars, but I like the challenge on most tracks. Although I first tried the fewer cars on Pro free play with a long race on the full course Nurburgring--I think three laps--and was surprised at how tough the higher classed cars were. Before the third lap I thought it flashed up that I had 33% fuel remaining, so I thought skipping the pit stop would give me a little space. I found out what happens when you run out of gas.

I'll have to try the 1-on-1 at unbeatable; thanks. I did notice that the game put in higher classification cars, but I like the challenge on most tracks. Although I first tried the fewer cars on Pro free play with a long race on the full course Nurburgring--I think three laps--and was surprised at how tough the higher classed cars were. Before the third lap I thought it flashed up that I had 33% fuel remaining, so I thought skipping the pit stop would give me a little space. I found out what happens when you run out of gas.

Lol..tell me about it.. I once ran out of gas while doing a Rivals event and I nearly had the time beat! Then it dawned on me that a beautiful machine like the LaFerrari chugs gas at an alarming rate once you push it hard on every lap!

I've noticed if you drive conservatively on the first few turns of lap 1, there's a smaller likelihood of the AI ramming into you. Let them tussle it out on the first few turns and then draft, outmaneuver and outbrake them on subsequent laps. Some of the AI'tars put up a really good fight. I really like the single player/career aspect of this game as you will hardly find like-minded drivers online who practice good racecraft.

Just wanted to quickly add that the sound in this game is some of the best I've heard in any driving game to date. This and Horizon 3 as well.

One of my all-time favorite road cars to drive over and over again just for the sound is the Forza 6 Aventador. I've riden in the passenger seat of this car IRL and seen several up close drive-bys and revving at car meets - the game's sound is almost completely spot on.

I do like the Aventador's exhaust sound in Horizon 3; that sounds even closer to the actual car's shrill and somewhat violent exhaust sound, but overall, the sound is just more detailed and pleasing to hear in Forza 6. I wonder how they are capturing car sounds in Forza, because clearly they are doing something other racing game developers are not.

Recently got back into Forza 6 and have been having lots of fun running free play endurances and in online lobbies.

A really weird case of MP lag

This was an incredibly close finish between my 540HP M3 GT2 and a GT-R GT500

Why LMP's don't race on the Nordschleife

And some of my car thumbnails in the garage have been acting up in different ways.

Sometimes it's the wheels having the wrong offset but sometimes it's as bad as this
d49baee7-d175-45ee-a1e7-5432929b8821_Thumbnail.PNG

Hopefully it's not a major issue.

Lol..tell me about it.. I once ran out of gas while doing a Rivals event and I nearly had the time beat! Then it dawned on me that a beautiful machine like the LaFerrari chugs gas at an alarming rate once you push it hard on every lap!

I've noticed if you drive conservatively on the first few turns of lap 1, there's a smaller likelihood of the AI ramming into you. Let them tussle it out on the first few turns and then draft, outmaneuver and outbrake them on subsequent laps. Some of the AI'tars put up a really good fight. I really like the single player/career aspect of this game as you will hardly find like-minded drivers online who practice good racecraft.

I didn't even think about gas usage during Rivals. Thanks for mentioning it, as that would bite. I'm curious about the fuel usage and wear, if they're specific to each car, if powertrain upgrades affect it, etc.

That's also a good way to deal with the AI, thanks. At least avoiding a car that has spun out or crashed seems like good reaction practice, at least from what I've seen in real world driving. (As an aside, once on I-90, a guy almost clipped me in the back as he passed, then he went into a skid while alongside and almost sideswiped--which I avoided--then as he was a little ahead and still skidding, he completely lost it, spun and rolled backwards, directly in my path. I also avoided that, although I was bracing for impact. I wonder if my reaction times would have been fast enough if it hadn't been for driving games).

Finally, while I'm impressed with the environment it is a little bizarre to see the same groups of clones at every track throughout the world. It's a very minor thing, sure, but they could have at least had them doing things like wave mostly Ferrari flags at Monza.

Latest Posts

Back