Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
Welp, after about an hour of trying to beat Mechbergs time, I'm just gonna accept that I can't win YET ANOTHER unicorn car, the 312 P. The 959 is a tank to drive, and North Virginia Circuit is just too unpredictable for me.

And I thought it would be easy because of the time he set Friday.

Guess I'll just be happy with the Opel Manta that I can already drive in FH3...

Last edited:
Welp, after about an hour of trying to beat Mechbergs time, I'm just gonna accept that I can't win YET ANOTHER unicorn car, the 312 P. The 959 is a tank to drive, and North Virginia Circuit is just too unpredictable for me.

And I thought it would be easy because of the time he set Friday.
Improved his time by 20 seconds.... one more day to improve his time.

I'm not even bothering. I hate hate hate these bounty hunts. Dangling an interesting car in my face then yanking it back and laughing at me because I don't rank in the top 0.01% of gamers doesn't really endear them to me.

The part I don't like is that they are allowed to change their times. If it was ran like FM4 where they ran their time before the event even started I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it as at least you know the bar won't move.

The part I don't like is that they are allowed to change their times. If it was ran like FM4 where they ran their time before the event even started I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it as at least you know the bar won't move.
They're trying to interact more with the community I'm guessing through the streams.

They should pick somebody who's a bit more **** though. Maybe randomly select somebody in the top 5% or something to do it. Get to pick car/track combo. Still difficult for the majority, but not impossible.

Though I would have picked the Nurburgring with the stock Isseta though.

I was rather proud of that laptime.

They should pick somebody who's a bit more **** though. Maybe randomly select somebody in the top 5% or something to do it. Get to pick car/track combo. Still difficult for the majority, but not impossible.

My only problem with this is at what stage do you stop? If it changes to a top 5% driver who pushes to their max, that's still 95% of people who will not be able to beat them, and then they complain so they choose a slower driver next time and so on.

As much as I enjoy the more challenging bounties, I feel as if using players speed as a measure to decide who can receive these unique cars isn't the right way, as many people could drive 20+ hours and still not be fast enough yet the fastest players could run one lap and easily beat the time.

I like the way Forzathon events in FH3 seem to work where from what I've seen you have a simple fixed aim to achieve which isn't entirely dependent on skill level, maybe in FM7 make some criteria like 'X clean passes' or 'complete 3 online races' to award the unique cars. If they continue with the community bounties then offer something like a Bounty edition of a car (with identical performance to standard car so no advantage gained), credits or XP rewards.

My only problem with this is at what stage do you stop? If it changes to a top 5% driver who pushes to their max, that's still 95% of people who will not be able to beat them, and then they complain so they choose a slower driver next time and so on.

As much as I enjoy the more challenging bounties, I feel as if using players speed as a measure to decide who can receive these unique cars isn't the right way, as many people could drive 20+ hours and still not be fast enough yet the fastest players could run one lap and easily beat the time.

I like the way Forzathon events in FH3 seem to work where from what I've seen you have a simple fixed aim to achieve which isn't entirely dependent on skill level, maybe in FM7 make some criteria like 'X clean passes' or 'complete 3 online races' to award the unique cars. If they continue with the community bounties then offer something like a Bounty edition of a car (with identical performance to standard car so no advantage gained), credits or XP rewards.
Ah, things like the challenges in GTS? 'Drive 50 miles on Mt Panorama in a Ford to recieve the 2014 Ford Falcon'

I kind of like having the goal of beating a certain person though, especially when they get a real life racer like CJ Wilson in the FM4 days (he's the only one I can remember).

Something I think would be interesting is having the person come into the T10 studios and running something like 15 laps with the combo (just enough to become familiar with the combo but not perfect it) a day before the event starts. They could even throw in a short interview and make a show out of it. This setup would also allow those who are slower the chance to at least experience the car.

I like both these ideas. :cheers:

It's VIR North, really challenging in this car and makes for a fun combo.

I found it harder to run fast laps with normal steering, I slide the car just a little as it seems to understeer way too much without some sliding, but with normal steering it was quite difficult to keep the car at that sweet spot between drifting and full grip. Simulation steering allowed me to turn in hard and the car would naturally fall in to that sweet spot, the only difficult thing being managing the slide over the kerbs.

I have no idea how fast Mechberg actually is, but I'll guess we can just be grateful it's not Triton or VoodooUomo.

A little off-topic but this is why I've always stuck with sim steering since FM4 - you get to push your car harder though the countersteering speed is a little fast.

I'm not even bothering. I hate hate hate these bounty hunts. Dangling an interesting car in my face then yanking it back and laughing at me because I don't rank in the top 0.01% of gamers doesn't really endear them to me.

Oh I share those sentiments! That last bounty hunt on Brandshatch with the RR Wraith was a real pain too.

Oh well, ONE car less I won't be driving in FM6... no biggie. :lol:

Ah, things like the challenges in GTS? 'Drive 50 miles on Mt Panorama in a Ford to recieve the 2014 Ford Falcon'

Yep, I'm just lacking in creativity :lol:.

I kind of like having the goal of beating a certain person though, especially when they get a real life racer like CJ Wilson in the FM4 days (he's the only one I can remember).

Something I think would be interesting is having the person come into the T10 studios and running something like 15 laps with the combo (just enough to become familiar with the combo but not perfect it) a day before the event starts. They could even throw in a short interview and make a show out of it. This setup would also allow those who are slower the chance to at least experience the car.

I'd forgotten about the CJ Wilson event, but I remember Juan Pablo Montoya setting a ridiculously fast time for one of those events (I believe it was on Indy GP). That kind of setup would also be great to watch and try to compete in, while hopefully leaving enough time for most of the community to aim for.

A little off-topic but this is why I've always stuck with sim steering since FM4 - you get to push your car harder though the countersteering speed is a little fast.

I think I've used it mostly since FM4 except for the short periods when I'm just returning from a break from the game, that's when I find myself out of control more often and the normal steering is just much easier for me to handle in them situations.

Yep, I'm just lacking in creativity :lol:.

I'd forgotten about the CJ Wilson event, but I remember Juan Pablo Montoya setting a ridiculously fast time for one of those events (I believe it was on Indy GP). That kind of setup would also be great to watch and try to compete in, while hopefully leaving enough time for most of the community to aim for.

I think I've used it mostly since FM4 except for the short periods when I'm just returning from a break from the game, that's when I find myself out of control more often and the normal steering is just much easier for me to handle in them situations.

Right, it is.

The sim setting better translates or rather transfers all the forces from the road surface and curbs to your steering... so if you make mistakes the car bites back. It's great I think. But I do wish we'd get settings to adjust steering/countersteering speed and especially speed sensitive steering.

The track is actually quite fun to drive when you're not using a boat like the 959... that thing understeers, then it oversteers, and sometimes it does both at the same time. It's very easy to overdrive. I noticed the game is very lax about the track limits in some places, you pretty much can straightline the esses and it will not dirty your lap, which is a bit of an annoyance.

Managed to get myself down to a 1:33.581 which will have to do because I never want to drive that thing again.

It's nice to hear that much better drivers than me have difficulty controlling that thing.

I could have scrapped a couple seconds off a few laps bringing me to a 37-38 but every time it would seemingly either go tail happy seemingly at random or just slide just far enough to invalidate the lap.

Was gonna complain but figured I would get mocked with "git gud".

Really have to man-handle the car around corners. Haven't done one of these in a while though, so it was good fun.

Got to a 1:33.258 after a few laps, so that should be enough for the Opel :)

It's nice to hear that much better drivers than me have difficulty controlling that thing.

I could have scrapped a couple seconds off a few laps bringing me to a 37-38 but every time it would seemingly either go tail happy seemingly at random or just slide just far enough to invalidate the lap.

Was gonna complain but figured I would get mocked with "git gud".

You just need to be patient during the first lap or so.. let the tires warm up and come to terms with the car's handling. AFter all, it is a little boaty like most 80s supercars. Keep at it.. the best I could do was 1:40 and I thought that was good.. bahahahahaa!

That time of a minute and the low 30s seems a bit impossible. Is he using some kind of staff-only space ship mod around certain sections of the track? :lol:

Good God... this might seem even more difficult than the RR + Brandshatch challenge.

He just set a 1:33.795 and it looks like it might hold up.

EDIT: That is the official time to beat.

Last edited:
Oh **** yeah. :D

Congrats!
I already have the Ferrari (twice, actually) but my 1:37.971 is good enough for the Manta.
For anyone not keeping track, the Manta was leaked long ago but remained unreleased until now.

First time back in fm6 since about FH2 came out. That game ruined my feel for this one, not that I'd get below his time anyways. Not sure I've ran that layout before but managed a 1:36.103 in 15 laps. Personal goal achieved.

Yeah, Brian's actually pretty quick. I wouldn't say top 1%, but he's definitely one of the faster T10 guys.

I put in half an hour tonight to just pip his time, though I had sectors that could've put me into the 1:32 range. The 959's attitude in corners is so dependant on the selected gear. I've more or less been playing nothing but GT Sport in terms of racing games this past month, and the feeling of weight shifting in FM6 is so much more pronounced. At first I thought the Porsche was a bit of a pig, but once I found the groove it was a blast to push around VIR.

Ugh, I missed my chance to improve my time. Curse you 14 hour work shifts! My PB is a 1:34.4. That's a bit frustrating, since I missed my chance to get the Ferrari the first time, and it's unlikely we'll have another chance at it.

Does anybody play this game still? I am having a blast with FM6! I can do so much in this game. Please let me know who stills plays.

Does anybody play this game still? I am having a blast with FM6! I can do so much in this game. Please let me know who stills plays.

Dude, I still play!

Game has tremendous replay value - there's rarely a dull moment. If racing is all you do in Xbox, FM6 HAS to be in the collection!

Is this also your gamer tag?

Back