Remote Race bot?

• Thread starter OrangeKop
  • 165 comments
Interesting. My copy worked perfectly through the night.

Non-US PSN accounts should probably stop using the Widget for the moment as Sony may detect something is amiss.

I wrote the bot to use us.gran-turismo.com and forgot that Polyphony has set up subdomains for various countries. Judging by the maintenance complaints, the people experiencing the problem are outside of the US.

Would a brave non-US account holder volunteer their credentials for me over PM so I can take a look at the Remote Race API on their account? :-) I can't look at this now, but I can after 3 AM GMT.
I edited the code to remove your maintenance check component (the first if clause inside apiUnavailable function while keeping the else) and it works.

It may be the case that the api is there, just that the non-us account get pushed into a different "space".

Also: have you reload your widget? The apiUnavailable check I believe only steps in after Authentication but before Race (function is in Status but run in both Status and Profile). That means unless you reload the widget, you should not be affected by the function because only the Race component is running. That's as far an understanding as my 15 minutes looking at the code.

@All: you can try the temporary fix below. Repeat: I shall not be held responsible of anything wrong happens to your PSN account. Try it at your own risk.

Attachments

• B-Spec Grinder 2.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 113
Testdasi
I edited the code to remove your maintenance check component (the first if clause inside apiUnavailable function while keeping the else) and it works.

It may be the case that the api is there, just that the non-us account get pushed into a different "space".

Also: have you reload your widget? The apiUnavailable check I believe only steps in after Authentication but before Race (function is in Status but run in both Status and Profile). That means unless you reload the widget, you should not be affected by the function because only the Race component is running. That's as far an understanding as my 15 minutes looking at the code.

@All: you can try the temporary fix below. Repeat: I shall not be held responsible of anything wrong happens to your PSN account. Try it at your own risk.

Below where?

Yup, working fine with your fix. Thanks bro. You will reap the rewards as I race the heck out of your Bobs Testdasi.

Edit. Mine's hanging up when it tries to add Testdasi's bobs lol. It fails to reserve one then just sits there... upon viewing through the web interface it seems that your drivers are available (no red line) but when you try to add them they are in fact not available. Problem on their end.

Last edited:
Yup, working fine with your fix. Thanks bro. You will reap the rewards as I race the heck out of your Bobs Testdasi.

Edit. Mine's hanging up when it tries to add Testdasi's bobs lol. It fails to reserve one then just sits there... upon viewing through the web interface it seems that your drivers are available (no red line) but when you try to add them they are in fact not available. Problem on their end.
LOL it's ok. 👍 Just check again later. I took one driver offline so maybe that was why.

OK, the new version worked for two races then came up with the following error

JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)

Sorry, I know nothing about programming so I haven't a clue what it might mean.

Restarting the widget seems to have made it work again though.

[Edit] and then the error came back half way through the race

Last edited:
Getting the same error I got in the last update-

02/25/11 07:09:54.666: Command hasn't gone through. Try it again.

That's for the one someone posted above, and the last updated version.

I've been using the earlier version but now it has stopped working completely.

After a few runs on Grinder 2: seems to hang on the selecting drivers phase when it 'fails to reserve' too many of them in a row. Was able to run a race with 5 'fails' but not with 7 'fails'. Works fine when the widget is reloaded. Anybody else experience this?

UPDATE: works with 6 'fails' and sometimes with 7+

Last edited:
got the JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28) error twice. after closing and reopen the widget it seems to be working fine.

but why is one window saying race ended, loading race events, loading drivers, selecting drivers while the other window is saying 'All your drivers are in other races!'?

I don't wanna sound like an idiot but, how do I use this? I can't use this on my mac or windows. They both don't recognise the .widget file.

I've been using this for two hours or so and I noticed, that it only starts NASCAR-Races. It's now the seventh race and all it does is changing the length...

Is this normal, is it a bug or do I just have bad luck?

Using the fixed version btw...

I don't wanna sound like an idiot but, how do I use this? I can't use this on my mac or windows. They both don't recognise the .widget file.

Download and install Yahoo! Widgets. You can google the app.

@All: What I did was a temporary dirty fix - that is to by-pass yonis' API maintenance check by just removing it.
I myself have no idea how the API works or how to make it work. Maybe the reasons behind the errors are that the API is indeed on maintenance. Or maybe not.
That's why yonis is the author and he has a lot more expertise at properly fixing it.

I tested it and it seems to have worked for more than a few races:
Capture.png

I've been using this for two hours or so and I noticed, that it only starts NASCAR-Races. It's now the seventh race and all it does is changing the length...

Is this normal, is it a bug or do I just have bad luck?

Using the fixed version btw...
It may or may not be a bug

got the JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28) error twice. after closing and reopen the widget it seems to be working fine.

but why is one window saying race ended, loading race events, loading drivers, selecting drivers while the other window is saying 'All your drivers are in other races!'?

After a few runs on Grinder 2: seems to hang on the selecting drivers phase when it 'fails to reserve' too many of them in a row. Was able to run a race with 5 'fails' but not with 7 'fails'. Works fine when the widget is reloaded. Anybody else experience this?

Getting the same error I got in the last update-

02/25/11 07:09:54.666: Command hasn't gone through. Try it again.

That's for the one someone posted above, and the last updated version.

I've been using the earlier version but now it has stopped working completely.

OK, the new version worked for two races then came up with the following error

JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)

Sorry, I know nothing about programming so I haven't a clue what it might mean.

Restarting the widget seems to have made it work again though.

[Edit] and then the error came back half way through the race

getting fetchAsync error in both versions, noURL specified. Anyone with a idea how to fix that?

Last edited:
I just had one of those, stop online and look at the new news item GT5 update thingy which could be a cause of a lot of the problems.

I just had one of those, stop online and look at the new news item GT5 update thingy which could be a cause of a lot of the problems.

Also: I don't think it has anything to do with where you are. I logged into my UK account using the US login page and still get https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/testdasi/ instead of https://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt5/user/testdasi/. Tried with Singapore login as well and same same. So at the very least, I believe login itself is universal and does not matter where you are from.
Which leads to me now to believe, it is indeed due to maintenance.

I'll wait till tomorrow night and re-test with the original yonis' Grinder to see if it still works.

Mine worked fine for last night 24 Hours, Today I restarted my Computer and get nothing but

"API is down for Maintanance will Restart in 5 Minutes"

Anyone getting that?

Mine worked fine for last night 24 Hours, Today I restarted my Computer and get nothing but

"API is down for Maintanance will Restart in 5 Minutes"

Anyone getting that?

I got this... downloaded and used the 'fixed' one and it worked fine... not sure what was happening with the original...

Back