Remote Race bot?

• Thread starter OrangeKop
  • 165 comments
Damn this game. All my problems relate to PSN and the game screwing up at the PS3 end. Unable to retrieve race start information. And whenever I leave it for the night it signs out of PSN some time before midnight. Remote racing isn't user friendly.

I too will be testing this a bit, a might look at the SDK as well if I see any errors. Running a 1 person gap for a person really populates 16 with a variety of people well. Makes me look like a nicer B-spec racer :0.

Hmm have just got this error message twice now during a race.

JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)

The widget freezes and has to be restarted for it to work again.
Currently trying out a fix for this problem now. It's another API bug that I'm working around. Will send an update if it's successful.

Excelent tool, very happy :-)

Left it running on my laptop at work and was able to check on progress using the iphone on the bus home, just refresh the page when you know a new race should have started.

But the most impressive thing for me was that when I got home, I took the ps3 out of server mode, collected the cr and exp, removed 2 drivers from the list and when it was put back into server mode, the app picked it up after a few minutes and races started again!

Later I will see what it does if the ps3 is turned off and on again or disconnected for a while.

Think I will just keep the pc on at work at all times if this is going to work, let it connect up whenever I enter server mode

;-)

Is there a way to completely remove a previous version? Even the current version... it's screwing up for me and I am wondering if it's because of stored data.

I started to make one of these for myself in PHP, however it now seems rather pointless. Your method of using the yahoo javascript widgets (which I hadnt heard off) seems to be pretty neat.

I was actually able to find your .widget on google, some guy asking on a webdev forum if people could fix the above json bug posted the link.

Hi Yonis,

Looks great, but having a problem here where it is always reporting (like right now):

Code:
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from <path>\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
Couldn't add header Cookie:
, err 
, err 
02/24/11 13:25:51.075: API is down for maintenence.  Will refresh in 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if this is related to the fact that I'm in Europe and not the US, or something else... is anyone else using an EU account with this?

Willing to test anything, have a little coding experience, so could edit & test if you have any ideas as to what might cause this!

OK, sounds like there really is maintenance or something..

Apologies Yonis - I work in IT, and all too often the error messages are incorrect.. sounds like they are right at the moment! ;)

Interesting. My copy worked perfectly through the night.

Non-US PSN accounts should probably stop using the Widget for the moment as Sony may detect something is amiss.

I wrote the bot to use us.gran-turismo.com and forgot that Polyphony has set up subdomains for various countries. Judging by the maintenance complaints, the people experiencing the problem are outside of the US.

Would a brave non-US account holder volunteer their credentials for me over PM so I can take a look at the Remote Race API on their account? :-) I can't look at this now, but I can after 3 AM GMT.

Hey Yonis,

How about this - to remove the need for a "brave non-US account holder" I'll set up a second account tonight when I get home, and send you the details for testing.

Will that work ok?
Cheers, Dog

PS - I tried editing the code & replacing the "US.gran-turismo" with "EU.gran-turismo", and inserting the country "/ie/" for the "/us/" part. This would match the normal website that I access for remote racing, but I got an error about FetchAsync not having a URL. Am at work, so didn't have time to really test & see if there was a typo or what was going on.

Last edited:
Hi Yonis,

Looks great, but having a problem here where it is always reporting (like right now):

Code:
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from <path>\My Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget
, err 
, err 
02/24/11 13:25:51.075: API is down for maintenence.  Will refresh in 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if this is related to the fact that I'm in Europe and not the US, or something else... is anyone else using an EU account with this?

Willing to test anything, have a little coding experience, so could edit & test if you have any ideas as to what might cause this!

Just tried installing the app and got this as well.

How about this - to remove the need for a "brave non-US account holder" I'll set up a second account tonight when I get home, and send you the details for testing.

Will that work ok?
Ideally I'd like access to an account with a lot of drivers and friends on it, though I can test on an empty one too.

Hey guys,

If you do share your account details with me, I recommend that you change your password before you share them and then change it back to what you had when I'm done.

Here's an idea!

1. Register an account for hosting races.
  2. Add your real account as a friend.
  3. Post the account name in this thread and let people add your bot-account to their friends.
  4. Use the bot to race.

• You don't risk losing your real PSN account.
  • You can now race with 6 drivers instead of just one.
  • Other users can fill in the remaining 9 slots.
Everyone profits!

Hmm have had no message about server maintenance today at all.
I'm from England, I started the Widget at 06:30 GMT this morning and have just got back from work 15:30GMT, and it is still running strong. With no error messages to report at all.

Can confirm the error on US servers as well. Can still host manually through GT5 or web browser. Hmmm... unless this is the quickest fix ever on PD's side.

Hi,

Just had a couple of bobs doing endurance while I slept, put PS3 back in server mode when they were done and racing started again within 2 minutes from a widget that I left running at work, so no issue for me here (Norway).

Can see if there are any messages on PC when I get in to work again tonight.

Richie

Back