renault espace F1

• Thread starter morganhead
  • 69 comments
thanks for the video. ive been wanting too see the espace f1 in action for a while. i just could never remind myself to look for it. now if they could make that more of a sleeper it would be the best van to drive on the street. challenge some stupid ricer and beat him by about 16 lengths :lol:

Yea, Great Vid and pics, Thanks guy's! I recall that car having a distinguish sound, Similar to the Alfa Romeo 55Touring car, I love that high pictch sound, It's a very unique auto sound if I ever heard one.

Yea, Great Vid and pics, Thanks guy's! I recall that car having a distinguish sound, Similar to the Alfa Romeo 55Touring car, I love that high pictch sound, It's a very unique auto sound if I ever heard one.

It's got a 3.5 litre Renault V10 Formula 1 engine. No surprise it sounds unique :)

i know about the espace F1 well limited knowledge so no qoutes and from what i remember from a program about it there were 3 made and the four seater actually had 4 people in when i saw it going around the track and all the seats where filled up, it was rally going for it and it does look like a clio V6 from behind, this car is amazingly fast if you know how to drive it well but it has 1 problem.test course and any other banked corners are its worst enemy lol and dont you think it should be in GT4?

You should use more commas and periods when you write. It's hard to see where you sentences start & finish. Just a suggestion. But yeah, I don't know if it's in GT4 or not, but it would be a screamer there. So far as I know it's only in GT2, right?

Last edited:
i may verry well be wrong but i recall the game saying that the espace F1 was actualy built on the carbon fiber tub chassis of the F1 car.

I've bought & raced the espace F1. it's actually really nice to drive!

it will compete & win GT all stars & all the other supercar races.

but I must admit, crazyest car on the face of the earth! (I can't say Pluto anymore because it doesn't exist anymore)

If you can receive the french channel M6 (and understand a bit of french), they'll show tomorrow at 11:40am (french time) the test (3 minutes or so) of the Renault Espace F1 with Alain Prost driving it on the Paul Ricard circuit.

I assume photoshop, but I wish to God it were real.
espace.jpg

Definitely Photoshopped.
The real Espace F1 was an Espace II while this one is an Espace IV.

Rumour has it that there were THREE Espace F1s. One was a two seater, as shown by Pupik. One had "more" seats (likely four, but there's many references to it being a 200mph seven-seater). I've got nothing on the other one.

But I can't back any of this up right now.

Well, in the video Scaff re-posted, we can clearly see 2 Espace F1 cars in the background during the interview of Eric Comas.
I wonder where they are now :confused:

I like that video. I don't think that's a second Espace F1 in the background, tho...all you can see is an Espace F1 and then another yellow van, which could just be a regular Espace.

818hp maybe, but i don't think all of that power goes directly to the wheels, as i only managed to get it up to about 312km/h on the Test Course, with the auto-adjust of the gearbox at fully wide (25 or 30, whatever it is)

818hp maybe, but i don't think all of that power goes directly to the wheels, as i only managed to get it up to about 312km/h on the Test Course, with the auto-adjust of the gearbox at fully wide (25 or 30, whatever it is)
But it does have the aerodynamics of a brick.

I'm also not sure your post warranted the resurrection of a thread that's been dead for nearly 3 years.

Lower the downforce all the way and set the gear lower (around 20ish). You still can't compare it to a true F1 car though, because no matter what engine it has, it's still a van.

LOL; there's certainly no excuse for being late to school, is there?

Actually, I recall that a while back (probably around the time this thread was started), the Top Gear team were trying to get a Minivan championship going. With monsters like these flying around Silverstone etc. that could have been quite something to watch.

There's only 1 in the world, and it has only driven once. It's sitting in a museum somewhere gathering dust. It has the power, but the downforce of a brick, so it can'r compare at all.

And how many times has this thread been resurrected? :lol: Anyway, the Espace is great. What would be greater is if it makes it into GT5!!! Imagine racing it against the F2007 :D.

There's only 1 in the world, and it has only driven once. It's sitting in a museum somewhere gathering dust. It has the power, but the downforce of a brick, so it can'r compare at all.

They built two, as this video clearly shows at the start....

...it was used for promotional purposes throughout the 1995 F1 season and was raced up the hill at Goodwood in 2002, and as such its been driven much more than once.

Yes it does mainly tour between Renault's museums and display areas, but its does get used from time to time and certainly isn't gathering dust.

Regards

Scaff

Back