Renault F1 Engine Dyno test....

  • Thread starter Thread starter crrrazy
  • 15 comments
  • 1,567 views
Holy Crap, did you see that puppy glow!!!
I get the feeling Renault are gonna be close to the top again.

Now... whos up for shoehorning that beast into a compact car? lol
 
This engine + Daihatsu Midge = ??? :D
 
Encyclopedia
This engine + Daihatsu Midge = ??? :D

erm... a GOOD looking compact car!
 
800 horses at only 18k rpm is impressive for the new V8s. At 160dB I don't think it'd pass noise tests for the road though... :p

Another cool F1 engine video (it's been posted before).
 
I'd say drop that into a Datsun 510 and we got ourselves a sleeper. :D
 
Great, thanks for sharing those vids 👍 (I have seen the second vid before though)
 
Why does the beggining of the video show 2004?
 
Because it was made in 2004. The RS24 was Renault's 2004 engine. From http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s208/st22631.htm:

sportnetwork.net
Performance

* Engine speed in excess of 18000 RPM, providing a maximum power of more than 800 BHP.

Look, you can see 10 cylinders in one of the shots:
v106bu.png


It sounds awesome, but it's not the new engine.
 
There's a Cosworth V8 video here. Old news, but worth a repost here in this context.
 
I knew this was the V10 and said so in my origanal post but edited in case I made a mistake somewhere and didnt want to look stupid. The sound was a dead giveaway.
 
Poverty
The sound was a dead giveaway.
👍

FYI, the new V8s sound like a dentist drill.
 
Back