Renown Tuning ™ WTC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to register on here to thank whoever made the GTR R35 and the EVO IX MR tunes, they're absolutely amazing! I was hoping that there would possibly be some future tunes for cars in the 6.0 rating category. Like the Civic SI or Scion tC.

I had to register on here to thank whoever made the GTR R35 and the EVO IX MR tunes, they're absolutely amazing! I was hoping that there would possibly be some future tunes for cars in the 6.0 rating category. Like the Civic SI or Scion tC.

You're quite welcome, but let's keep things related to tunes (and comments, criticisms, etc) in my tuning thread. I've already got enough headaches dealing with this game...don't really fancy having another. :lol:

Scary thing for me on this TT is I've had lots of races with Nitrovious on this track and we've never hardly been over .100 away from each other :scared: No matter what car we were in...

Scary thing for me on this TT is I've had lots of races with Nitrovious on this track and we've never hardly been over .100 away from each other :scared: No matter what car we were in...

I'm bringing my A game (If I have any left with this game, that is), and I just realized I've posted a tune for the Apollo already. Where the hell have I been lately? :lol:

That tune you posted for the Apollo is pretty good T-12. But your driving style must be pretty unique. I couldn't get the hang of it with my style and the controller. I'm trying just a few slight adjustments with your tune though. Seems to work ok, but not a very awesome car if you ask me. It takes a gentle touch in the slower corners that's for sure.

T12's tune for the Apollo is a good tune, but all T12's tunes are a great tunes for a starting point. I make only some slight adjustments, mainly to the tyre pressure, camber, ride height and the aero package. But it seems like I make the same adjustments for every tune, it must be the difference between the two consoles. I think T12 uses the Xbox with a controller to make his tunes and I have the PS3 with the DFGT wheel.
The Apollo is a beast of a car, it turns in well in the corners and has good power and speed down the straights, but you have to be a little gentle with the gas coming out of the corners so you don't light up the back wheels and slow yourself down. :scared:

I don't know about everybody else but my first 5 laps with the Apollo I lost control of the car at least 4 times on a track I know like the back of my hand. The Apollo is definitely a handful :)

l had a lot of spinouts with the Apollo at first . Especially on the last turn. So l wondered how the 'stock' version would handle in comparison to the tuned version. Bingo. Took 2 seconds off lap time first try.
Went back to garage and reset tuning on 'my' Apollo. Took it for a spin , handled great. So now after some very slight adjustments , l'm flying with this car. l would like to pass along something regarding the final turn , try to enter fast but , instead of feathering throttle or powering through , just coast through apex , then hit it after the car's weight shifts back.
Note : This has no bearing on Terronium's tune for this car , that tune is very good , it just doesn't get through gears fast enough for this track.

I've used that technique on the last turn myself, just coast through it. Any type of throttle wants to send the tail end out, so tapping the throttle or coasting through it without much braking is a good way to handle that last turn. Another thing is it's hard to get every corner just right on the same lap. Especially with the controller. If i could I'd be in the 1:42's by now, but instead I'm stuck at 1:43.8 it sucks...

Time submitted, I failed to achieve my goal time but I think I submitted a pretty good time. The key for me on this track is the first turn and the first split time, if my 1st split time wasn't mid 24's I knew I was in for an average lap. I basically used the stock tune and T-12's gearing but changed 4th & 5th gear for better acceleration for this track...

Last edited:
Final time submitted. l'm happy with it.
This format of weekly time trials is best l think , you can get a little faster each day , l finished up by taking 4 seconds off my final time as compared to my first attempt.
Thats a significant difference.
Perfect car & track combination Terronium.
Looking forward to round # 10 :)

I submitted my best time on Tuesday, then had nothing to do for the rest of the week. I did a good time last weekend and couldn't beat that time after three more TT's.
If T12 uses a suggestion I sent him for a couple of rounds, there will be a lot more work for us to do through the week.
Bring on Round 10.

Round 9 has officially ended, keep a look out for the results which will be posted tomorrow.

Round 10 will also be posted tomorrow.

Whoops! I forgot to post my time! It probably wouldn't have stood that well against others anyway. Best I could manage was high 1:43's. I'll make sure next round I get more time into it and post my results. I forgot to send them to you T-12! Still curious to see what other's have done though.

Whoops! I forgot to post my time! It probably wouldn't have stood that well against others anyway. Best I could manage was high 1:43's. I'll make sure next round I get more time into it and post my results. I forgot to send them to you T-12! Still curious to see what other's have done though.

You can still submit your best previous time in, the end of the round has no consequence over that. 👍

The results of Round 9 are as follows

1st: RickyRacer - 1:40.127 (+18 Points)
2nd: Terronium-12 - 1:40.131 (+14 Points)
3rd: NITROVIOUS - 1:40.877 (+10 Points)
4th: OZR-MrB52 - 1:42.005 (+9 Points)
5th: Freshseth83 - 1:45.104 (+ 8 Points)

Congratulations to RickyRacer for snagging the lead by .004 of a second!, with myself and Nitro closely behind.

Round ten is right around the corner, can you rise to the challenge?

.004 hundreds of a second!!! Is that the closest WTC ever? Good thing I had a extra coat of paint on my Apollo :)

.004 hundreds of a second!!! Is that the closest WTC ever? Good thing I had a extra coat of paint on my Apollo :)

Yeah, you definitely had something going for you there - nice job. :P

For the next round I'll use one of Dave's ideas....I was supposed to have posted that event today, but it looks like it won't go up until mid-week, or Friday.

Great work RickyRacer, Terronium-12 and NITROVIOUS, very fast, not much between the three of you. I thought I was flying with a 1.42, I'll have to pull my finger out and try a little bit harder in the next rounds.

l believe those are the closest times l've seen yet in this competition.
Good job Ricky & Terronium.
Looks like we both need heavier shoes MR. B lol .
I am much more comfortable with the Apollo now than l was before this round .
l actually like this car now , whereas before it wasn't one of my favorites .

👍:)

I noticed that all three the fast times were done by dudes using controllers. Now that is making me think twice about using the wheel 💡

Amazing times though 👍

I used a controller but used my own tune. I really couldn't control the car around turns and feel if I had a wheel i could have shaved plenty of time. Oh well, next round hopefully is a bit better. The Apollo is not the most comfortable car to drive!

l believe those are the closest times I've seen yet in this competition.
Good job Ricky & Terronium.
Looks like we both need heavier shoes MR. B lol .
I am much more comfortable with the Apollo now than l was before this round .
l actually like this car now , whereas before it wasn't one of my favorites

👍:)

I have found that to Nitro, I liked the Apollo before this round, but some of the other cars we have run. The F1 McLaren I didn't like it before we ran it in a round a couple of rounds ago, once I set it up OK it wasn't a bad car to drive.

I noticed that all three the fast times were done by dudes using controllers. Now that is making me think twice about using the wheel 💡

Amazing times though 👍

I used a controller but used my own tune. I really couldn't control the car around turns and feel if I had a wheel i could have shaved plenty of time. Oh well, next round hopefully is a bit better. The Apollo is not the most comfortable car to drive!

It is sometimes faster if you use a controller with some cars and tracks, but to get a wheel is for the fun of driving these beast around the tracks. With my setup, I have my wheel in a home made cockpit with a spare seat from my road car. I sit in the same driving position as I am in my road car and I'm in front of a 125cm HD LCD TV and use the bonnet view. I've tried to get as close as I could to feel like I'm driving the real thing.
It might not be the fastest way to race in the game, but its the most fun I have had since I hung up my racing suit 15 years ago.

I'll wait off on the wheel till GT5 gets here. No use in spending the money on it now, besides I'm not sure if a new wheel will be out when GT5 comes around or what. So I think the controller will have to do. The only problem i have with the controller is the sensitivity of the steering. I'm not sure what settings i should use, so I just stick with what i have now since I'm used to it. I'm sure I could use a better setting, but why mess with it and get re-used to it, that might take some time.

Anyway I hope this next race or time attack will be something i'm better suited for. I was 5 seconds off the pace in that loose beast of an Apollo.

Waiting for the next round to come is as bad as waiting for paint to dry. :indiff:

Especially when a certain someone keeps playing Halo 3 all damn day. :lol:

I'll post the next round before I head in for the night.

Round 10 is up; enjoy it because the next round is going to be Le Mans vs. SuperGT. :D

Wonder who thought up this round.💡 Thank you T12 for using my suggestion. 👍 You can blame me for this one guys. :mischievous::mischievous:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back