Renown Tuning ™ WTC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Ambush canyon. Another weird track. Turns in that track are crazy. I think for me the WRX will set faster times. Not sure though. I haven't used a Evo X works in a while either. I'll make sure i get to it asap though. Wondering what times will be posted.

I'm on vacation this week so no WTC for me this week, for some reason the wife wasn't crazy about the idea of bringing the PS3 along :lol:

I haven't forgotten about this, I just don't have a proper PC at the moment, and as such I won't be posting the results of round 10 (or posting the eleventh) until Friday.

Which reminds me, I only have a time from one person, not including myself.

I'll give you my times tomorrow T-12. Been real busy lately with trying to get things ready for a baby coming. But hoping my times are pretty decent.

So, I'm back a day early, and I still only have times from two people (not including myself) for those who haven't sent a time in, let me know what's going on.

So what's up with some times T12? I know a lot of people didn't do this track, but at least me and you and one other did am I correct? At least you could post those times? I'm still on for more rounds also.

So what's up with some times T12? I know a lot of people didn't do this track, but at least me and you and one other did am I correct? At least you could post those times? I'm still on for more rounds also.

A good point, indeed.

I'll post the results and round 11 later on.

The results of round 10 are as follows

1st: OZR-MrB52 - 2:51.368 (WRX: 1:26.259, Evo X: 1:25.109)
2nd: Terronium-12 - 2:52.287 (WRX: 1:26.800, Evo X: 1:25.487)
3rd: Freshseth83 - 2:55.133 (WRX: 1:26.727, Evo X: 1:28.406)
4th: RickyRacer - DNP
5th: NITROVIOUS - DNP

Congratulations to MrB for snagging the lead by nearly a full second, .919 seconds to be exact.

Round eleven is right around the corner and is, as mentioned weeks ago Le Mans vs. Super GT.

I feel pretty good about my times, considering I set them all in one day! I bet if I get a good 3 or 4 days in with the cars and adjust some tuning I'd have 1:25's in the Subby. It was a little bit unstable compared to the EVO, but for me it was faster. I used the subby more often too, I set a 1:28 with the EVO and thought it'd be sufficient because I believed it to be slower than the Subby. But the other times appear it to be faster. I think the handling is better, better grip. I only raced with the EVO for about an hour. The Subby I used for about 2. But I didn't do any adjusting of the cars, just went out and did some flying laps. The funny part about it is, I kept finding ways to take the course. Doing turns at different angles and enterring speeds, coasting or braking. Can't wait for the next round.

I haven't forgotten a thing, not this time, I'll post the round tomorrow evening.

What would be the point of posting a round several days ahead of the starting schedule...just to taunt you guys? :P

this time around i'll make sure i get in at least 3 or 4 days of running to set faster and faster times, instead of just a one-hour session.

I'll update this post (as in I'll delete it and move this information to the first page) later on, but Round 11 pits the Corvette Z06 against the R35 GTR, both Works Converted on Road America.

You'll run consistent laps in both vehicles to see which is the better of the two, however, the combination of the two times is what claims the victor.

Seriously T? The Z06 works? That thing is the most twitchy vette ever. It definitely has the GTR in terms of outright speed, but the handling is crazy, at least for me. I'll have to fool with it because with the pad that's one of the craziest cars in the game.

You didn't forget about us did you T? I've been hard at work with that damn vette. The twitchiest car there is in my opinion. It's much faster than the GTR works, down the straights. Cornering speed is about equal, but the GTR is definitely easier to control out of corners thanks to the 4wd. I'm shooting for under 2mins with the vette, but the GTR I'm having trouble with breaking 2:04's

Nope, I haven't.

Just been quite tied up this week, although, I think everyone else might have forgotten about this. :lol:

Oh, well that sucks. I didn't forget. Any times by anyone else yet? If so I'll give you my times later on. Anyway, do you have the same troubles with the Vette being so loose on the back end?

l have recently added 2 new games to my collection.
F1 Championship Edition , and Ferrari Challenge.
Both are very good , especially F1.
Regrettably it will be quite some time before my copy of Shift sees action again as
these new additions are sure to keep me busy.
Shift is a good game , l have become quite bored with it lately though.
So good luck to everyone here , l'm off to master some new stuff. 👍:)

Regrettably it will be quite some time before my copy of Shift sees action again as

Oh, I hate you!

How can everyone else find F1:CE but me? :ill:

So I'm just going to give you my times T-12. I've got a 2:00.8xx in the vette around Road America and a 2:04.xxx in the gtr. I'm still practicing but I can't seem to get the cars any faster, especially the vette.

I'll send a PM Dave's and Rick's way tomorrow (er, later on today) to see if they're still in - if not I'll have to end the series prematurely as it wouldn't be much of competition betwee the two of us unless we were actually racing one another.

I have done the same as you Nitro, as far as Shift and new games go. My 2 new games are, Supercar Challenge and Dirt 2.
Its been great competing with you all, but I'm off to master the new games too. 👍 :)

I'm out as well T, I could sense that everybody was losing interest and when we started having issue's with race updates and next week's challanges I could tell that even you was not into it as much as you once were. I'll see you boyz in the GT5 TT. Bring yor A game because You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!

tombstone.jpg

Well, there that is.

It's been great racing with you all, and we'll pick this up in November (or sooner...assuming I can pick up Supercar Challenge and F1:CE).

You guys need an Xbox and Forza 3! :lol:

Anyone have any last words before I close this place up?

Sure do, what were your times or anyone elses times with the vette and gtr works around R.A.? Just for reference in comparison to my own.

Seeing as I'm used to the Vette my time doesn't really surprise me much, I got a 1:58.899. In the R35 however, my time was a bit slower - 2:08.654

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back