Replace the car: game.

  • Thread starter Thread starter King Cockery
  • 132 comments
  • 5,411 views
GT40 MKII
I agree with all except the ford gt

True, but there's already a Ford GT LM race car, so there's little or no reason for there to be 2 Ford GT LM race cars.
 
well lose the blue/orange one then
 
GT40 MKII
well lose the blue/orange one then

What? Why?

The Gulf GT40 is the car modelled on the GT40s which actually had some success in the 60s/70s, and isn't some PD-devised monstrosity with a rear wing.

Say what you like, the blue/orange one has far more of a place in GT than the other one does.
 
The Mustang SVT Cobra R for the Ford Mustang Boss 429.
 
puricele7e
*tip*BMW ///M5 E60 to BMW ///M5 E34 *end of tip* :bowdown:

While I quite agree with more BMW M5 variants, why get rid of the E60 M5 when you could do this

BMW 120d to BMW M5 E34

BMW 120i to BMW 130i (I know it wasn't out when GT4 was released but who cares)

That way we get two M5's and get the 1-series model thats worth a damn.

Regards

Scaff
 
That'd be a perfect idea, but i kinda like the 120i....A friend of mine is driving one (has gotten his license a month ago) and I really love the 1er BMW ;-) Anyway the 130i would be more fun, so bring it on :)

PS: Nothing against the E60 ///M5, just that the E34 has more soul (manual made.....)
 
GT40 MKII
well lose the blue/orange one then
GT40 is a amazing car, not only being 40 inches high, it also won Le Mans a few years in a row, AND Jeremy Clarkson can't fit into it. HAHAHA :lol:
 
Fink Floyd
What? Why?

The Gulf GT40 is the car modelled on the GT40s which actually had some success in the 60s/70s, and isn't some PD-devised monstrosity with a rear wing.

Say what you like, the blue/orange one has far more of a place in GT than the other one does.

I agree with Fink Floyd. The '02 Ford GT LM is an homage to the GT40's which won LeMans a few years. The '04 Ford GT LM Spec II is just a moving Gran Turismo / Polyphony Digital billboard and looks absolutely HORRIBLE with that rear wing.
 
Master_Yoda
GT40 is a amazing car, not only being 40 inches high, it also won Le Mans a few years in a row, AND Jeremy Clarkson can't fit into it. HAHAHA :lol:

He did get to drive a GT40 once, but it had been modified by its owner (also a very tall chap) with a small helmet bubble in the drivers door/roof. Still amusing watching JC climb into it.

Regards

Scaff
 
Haha, JC is a funny dude, too bad he hates America, I think The LM Spec II should be replaced with a REAL Le Mans car, The Jaguar D-Type
 
Yeup, and i'ma meet him and tell him i hate this British cars, even thought i hate American cars to :lol:
 
bucket of water
Formula GT - lotus 49B or Lotus 78 mk4

What's a Lotus 78 mk4? I'm familiar with the Lotus 78 (wing car) and also familiar with the very different John Player Special Mk 4, also known as the Lotus 79 and nicknamed "Black Beauty" (1st F1 car to use ground effect venturis). but I have only ever seen the 78 referred to as a JPS mk3.

The 79, or JPS mk4, was the one that won the F1 championship in 1978 with Mario Andretti, and was the really good looking one. The 78 looked nice but didn't have the smooth bodywork and uncluttered look of the 79. Were you referring to the 79, or a variation of the 78 that I am not aware of?

EDIT: If you were referring to the 79, I'd take that any day over the FGT car we were given. It's just beautiful!!!

Here are some pics of the 79.

http://www.atspeedimages.com/limerock_2003/concours/1978_jps_mkiv_lotus_79/
 
At least for the NTSC version I want Indy cars not F1 cars or that old Lotus in the above Post. I just like Indy cars' looks better compared to F1's.
 
Scaff
He did get to drive a GT40 once, but it had been modified by its owner (also a very tall chap) with a small helmet bubble in the drivers door/roof. Still amusing watching JC climb into it.

Regards

Scaff

I got that vid, though, it has really bad quality..

if I recall right, that particular Ford GT40 isn't GT40, but GT43, since the bubble increases the height with 3 inches.. though, I can recall wrong too. but, I'm quite certain that this kind of fact was mentioned somewhere.💡

I'd swap those useless Fiat 500's into old FR classics, like Alfa's or MK 1/2 Escorts..
 
Or how about one of the Fiat 500's into the Abarth 1000?
 
FireEmblem62
Or how about one of the Fiat 500's into the Abarth 1000?

ARGH! that tiny doghouse has put my E30 M3 into shame every time when driving at nurb in Enthusia! :crazy: it's a scary little henhouse.. :scared: I wish it would crash and burn..:ouch:
 
Haha, yeah, except when you drive it, it understeers to all hell.
 
my biggest complaint in the GT4 car list is the fact that they have the SILEIGHTY but not the ONEVIA :indiff:

so here is what i would like to see changed:


current cars in GT4:

Silvia 1800Qs (S13) '89
Silvia 1800Ks (S13) ('89)
Silvia 2000Qs (S13) '91
Silvia 2000Ks (S13) ('91)

edited list:

Silvia 1800Qs (S13) '89
240sx coupe (S13) ('89)
Silvia 2000Qs (S13) '91
240sx coupe (S13) ('91)
 
Scaff
He did get to drive a GT40 once, but it had been modified by its owner (also a very tall chap) with a small helmet bubble in the drivers door/roof. Still amusing watching JC climb into it.

Regards

Scaff

Didn't the GT40's already come with helmet bubbles? Or was that just the racecars, or only some of the racecars?

FireEmblem62
Haha, JC is a funny dude, too bad he hates America
Master_Yoda
Yeup, and i'ma meet him and tell him i hate this British cars, even thought i hate American cars to :lol:
Americans make fun of Brits all the time, and as you've noticed, the same goes the other way around. They're just jokes.

DRIFT GOD
my biggest complaint in the GT4 car list is the fact that they have the SILEIGHTY but not the ONEVIA

so here is what i would like to see changed:


current cars in GT4:

Silvia 1800Qs (S13) '89
Silvia 1800Ks (S13) ('89)
Silvia 2000Qs (S13) '91
Silvia 2000Ks (S13) ('91)

edited list:

Silvia 1800Qs (S13) '89
240sx coupe (S13) ('89)
Silvia 2000Qs (S13) '91
240sx coupe (S13) ('91)

So you'd like to take the turbocharged versions and replace them with the naturally-aspirated truck-engine versions...? :odd:
 
Wolfe2x7
So you'd like to take the turbocharged versions and replace them with the naturally-aspirated truck-engine versions...? :odd:

your missing the point, i prefer the pop-up headlights on the s13, in japan the s13 doesnt have them, the ONE-VIA is a silvia s13 with a 180sx front clip on it, it would be really cool to have the ONE-VIA in the game but i would be happy with the 240sx coupe.
 
Wolfe2x7
Americans make fun of Brits all the time, and as you've noticed, the same goes the other way around. They're just jokes.
TELL ME SOMEHTING I DON'T KNOW! look i'm American and i make fun of all the European Country's infact that's what me and my friends talk about other countrys to how lame they are compared to us in the US of A.
 
I think JC's comments are actually not jokes though, because i've heard alot of stuff about his dislike of america.
 
Leonidae
I got that vid, though, it has really bad quality..

if I recall right, that particular Ford GT40 isn't GT40, but GT43, since the bubble increases the height with 3 inches.. though, I can recall wrong too. but, I'm quite certain that this kind of fact was mentioned somewhere.💡

I'd swap those useless Fiat 500's into old FR classics, like Alfa's or MK 1/2 Escorts..

I read in a reliable source (which I can't find now... sorry) that the story about the GT40 being named after its height is a myth. The 40 referred to something else but I forget what... I also recall reading in the same story that the original was not in fact 40 inches high! Anyway I can't find any evidence to back this up so treat it as hearsay.

EDIT: An exhaustive web search turned up a billion sources willing to testify that the 40 is named after the car's height, and a single source saying it relates to a height restriction of 100cm in the racing category the GT40 was meant for. It does not specify if that was a min or a max but I would guess its a min. Anyways looks like I can probably be safely ignored on this one :)

EDIT 2: Just found another one that states that the original never was called the GT40, it was the Ford GT, and the 40 bit was a nickname (because of its height, which most sites seem to agree is 40.5 inches). The truth, then, is anyone's guess. My original source may have been a feature on the car in a series of weeklys published in the early '90s called The Encyclopaedia Of Supercars.
Oh, and 👍 to more Alfas!
 
Volvo S60 T5 > Volvo S60R
Spyker C8 > Spyker Double-12
BMW 2002 > BMW E30 M3
 
i would like to get rid of the subaru legacy wagon 96' and replace her with the subaru legacy sedan/coupe 96
 
Alfaholic
I read in a reliable source (which I can't find now... sorry) that the story about the GT40 being named after its height is a myth. The 40 referred to something else but I forget what... I also recall reading in the same story that the original was not in fact 40 inches high! Anyway I can't find any evidence to back this up so treat it as hearsay.

EDIT: An exhaustive web search turned up a billion sources willing to testify that the 40 is named after the car's height, and a single source saying it relates to a height restriction of 100cm in the racing category the GT40 was meant for. It does not specify if that was a min or a max but I would guess its a min. Anyways looks like I can probably be safely ignored on this one :)

EDIT 2: Just found another one that states that the original never was called the GT40, it was the Ford GT, and the 40 bit was a nickname (because of its height, which most sites seem to agree is 40.5 inches). The truth, then, is anyone's guess. My original source may have been a feature on the car in a series of weeklys published in the early '90s called The Encyclopaedia Of Supercars.
Oh, and 👍 to more Alfas!

Sorry to stray off topic but I wanted to jump in and mention that the "Ford GT" review by Top Gear has Jeremy Clarkson mentioning that the GT40's name came from the Height of the car. 👍

If the file wasn't 102mb I would pop it into my windows movie maker and create a screen cap of the moment when he talks about it.
(or I would just post the file itself :lol: )

In any case, Jeremy's word isn't necessarily correct so I will not say for sure that the GT40 was named after the height.

However, I believe that the GT40 was named after its height and that it is actually named the "GT40."

Now regarding cars to replace in the game... :lol:

All the trucks = Out
C6 vette = In
Toyota Camry = In
Corolla XRS = In

What can I say, I'm a toyota fan. :p
 
Back