Requesting Detailed Drift example

• Thread starter clanegie
  • 227 comments
Goodluck, and happy new years!

I think windows movie maker supports MP4, import the video into that, then just "finish" the video and it saves in an acceptable format.

Hey Texan, Happy New Year to you! Tried using windows movie maker to import a mp4 file, but can't.. :grumpy: Will try to source for other free software again pal! Thanks for your help!

Happy Drifting to all Here!!!

If you dont mind, you can email it to me, Ive got a program that Im sure can do it.
I would most be glad if i can send it to you, but the mp4 file size for 1 lap in deep forest is more than 12mb. Is a 12mb size file able to be sent via email? Or another option is to send you via MSN. Do you use MSN?

Lastly, is the software you are using a freeware?

Guys, I'm very disappointed lately... I can't seems to drift well at all. So many problems here and there. And even after so much practice, there's not even little improvement... I feel stucked at a point where i'm able to drift, but i can't solve my problems..

One big issue is.... I can't maintain a drift now.. Take the big turn in Tsubuka for example, I can't simply only manage half of that corner before the car gain back traction and stop sliding. Why is this so? I had applied throttle and counter.

When car drifting too tight, i increase my counter steer and drop throttle. And car will will goes wide, but to a certain car will spin outwards.

I had look at BL's example on that corner using a Silvia.. I'm still drooling at why he did it so easily..:indiff:

you do recognize that the big corner in Tsukba is an advanced corner to drift, right?

It's not easy by any stretch. You shouldn't think you're getting worse or not improving just because you can't do that particular corner.

Anyway, chances are it's your line messing things up and not so much your technique. But I say don't worry about that corner for now. Have fun on other drift friendly tracks. :)

you do recognize that the big corner in Tsukba is an advanced corner to drift, right?

It's not easy by any stretch. You shouldn't think you're getting worse or not improving just because you can't do that particular corner.

Anyway, chances are it's your line messing things up and not so much your technique. But I say don't worry about that corner for now. Have fun on other drift friendly tracks. :)
:dopey: You do make my day better Swift! Any courses u recommend as a friendly one? I'm still only doing deep forest and trial mountain sometimes... Its getting frustrating... I can't even link the S curves in Deep Forest..

:dopey: You do make my day better Swift! Any courses u recommend as a friendly one? I'm still only doing deep forest and trial mountain sometimes... Its getting frustrating... I can't even link the S curves in Deep Forest..

I like those tracks a lot for drifting. The S curves on Deep Forest are a little faster then you may think. :D

I like those tracks a lot for drifting. The S curves on Deep Forest are a little faster then you may think. :D
What do you mean by they are faster? Is it meaning we drift the S curves with higher speed than what i'm thinking??

Another Question here... Have anyone tried out DR's Sileightly drift settings?
I need not say on his abilities on drifting:scared: However, i find those settings rather hard to initiate a drift. And after feinting, i normally applies brakes to slower the speed. But on DR's settings, the car seems to straighten out whenever i brake in a drift. Please advise the appropriate way to drift DR's cars.

Cheers!

What do you mean by they are faster? Is it meaning we drift the S curves with higher speed than what i'm thinking??

Another Question here... Have anyone tried out DR's Sileightly drift settings?
I need not say on his abilities on drifting:scared: However, i find those settings rather hard to initiate a drift. And after feinting, i normally applies brakes to slower the speed. But on DR's settings, the car seems to straighten out whenever i brake in a drift. Please advise the appropriate way to drift DR's cars.

Cheers!

DR's sileighty settings were great for me. I really liked them.

You SHOULDN'T be applying much braking after you feint. Sometimes I just tap the brakes after a feint and this really gets the angle going. But if you keep on it at all you're going to straighten out. Honestly, as far as GT4 goes, I don't think that's a very sound technique as you're actually taking away part of the advantage of feinting.

I have a exercise for you. Do ALL of trial mountain with NO brakes. Just feint. Yes, at first you'll be going slower, but it will teach you the limits of the car and how to really use the feint.

Let me know how that goes.

DR's sileighty settings were great for me. I really liked them.

You SHOULDN'T be applying much braking after you feint. Sometimes I just tap the brakes after a feint and this really gets the angle going. But if you keep on it at all you're going to straighten out. Honestly, as far as GT4 goes, I don't think that's a very sound technique as you're actually taking away part of the advantage of feinting.

I have a exercise for you. Do ALL of trial mountain with NO brakes. Just feint. Yes, at first you'll be going slower, but it will teach you the limits of the car and how to really use the feint.

Let me know how that goes.
You do mean exactly NO brakes? Not even before feinting??? You mean i should try going through out the course only using the gas pedal?

If yes, i will definitely get a try on it!

You do mean exactly NO brakes? Not even before feinting??? You mean i should try going through out the course only using the gas pedal?

If yes, i will definitely get a try on it!

That's exactly what I mean. 👍

That sounds fun drift, Im gonna try that tonight.

The S corners in Trial Mountain, I can carry about 10 mph faster around some corners than with grip driving. Just gotta keep the momentum and speed through the corners.

I like to practices drift at Reverse Autumn Ring because alot of different corner to practices on and nissan sileighty setting clanegie you maybe can try my own setting get it from me at MSN if you want to try. Anyway i just post my new video NightMadness Present <(^(OO)^)>

Will anyone be able to do such a lap with brakes and make a video of it? Video showing detailed level and just the car. I need the brakes, throttle, steering input to learn from.. God Damn... I really need to improve!

Will anyone be able to do such a lap with brakes and make a video of it? Video showing detailed level and just the car. I need the brakes, throttle, steering input to learn from.. God Damn... I really need to improve!

I will, but without brakes?

Yes Pal.... I need to have a reference example to learn from. I would appreciate if you can use a japanese FR car.

If you can give your settings, i would be more than glad about it.

Yes Pal.... I need to have a reference example to learn from. I would appreciate if you can use a japanese FR car.

If you can give your settings, i would be more than glad about it.

Car: Honda S2000( or Amuse) or Mazda Rx7 1990
Settings: Most likely Stock on N2's and aids turned off.

I was wondering if someone could help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong, well the car I'm using is a 91' RX-7 Efini Type-R (FC) and the track is Grand Valley Speedway.
untitled_edited-2.jpg

1)If I try to drift through this corner it completely screws up my approach for corner 2 because I'm going to fast and just loose control.
2)By the time I slow down to the point where I wont get understeer that isn't correctable by punching the throttle and inducing oversteer I've screwed up my entry so I don't drift through Turn 1 and and its fine.
3)Don't drift here.
4 and 5) I can connect these two turns without much trouble.
6)For some reason I cant get the car to drift until I have passed the Apex, or I do start to drift before the apex and spin out.
7 and 8)By the time I get through 7 I have to stop the drift and slow down so I can make turn 8 and it seems like no matter what I do I cant connect these two corners.
9 and 10) I can connect these two corners no problem.
11) I can drift through this turn with out trouble.
12) I can do this one no problem.
13) ok now this is where I get confused I am able to maintain my drift all the way through this turn and not loose any speed.
14) same as turn 13.
15 and 16) I can get through 15 but usually spin out on turn 16.
17) no problems here.

so could someone please tell me what I need to do to improve all help is greatly appreciated :bowdown:

so could someone please tell me what I need to do to improve all help is greatly appreciated :bowdown:

Here's a "detailed drift example" from that track, maybe it can help :P

This particular vid was done with a DF wheel quite a while ago, but I think it gets some points across... I can comment on each corner later, but I have to run now.

Clanegie, I have your replays done but my internet is very slow on uploading it, I tried uploading it to youtube and it will stop at 30%, I will try again tommorrow when I get my books.

Clanegie, I have your replays done but my internet is very slow on uploading it, I tried uploading it to youtube and it will stop at 30%, I will try again tommorrow when I get my books.
Thanks Pal! I'm glad that you had it done so quickly! You must be good with feinting! Another option is that maybe you can send the file to me when i'm online in MSN. My MSN is clanegie@hotmail.com

I'm very keen to looking at how you drive that track on pedals only!

Note: not all the veterans have the DFP but yeah..your going to have to play around with the Amuse AP1, the S.S trueno and the Rx-7 but I will give you settings for those. but like I said, once I get it uploaded to youtube and yousendit, I will give you those Via PM.

Back