requesting pictures of Lotus Carlton

• Thread starter sundis
  • 89 comments
What!!! :odd:, the Ford Ka handles well and yes I've driven one, it's just a slow car thats all.

T5-R
Well I can't agree, there all way overpriced, most often ugly & the original smart, me & my uni mates have decided its probably the most gay car of all time :lol:
The original Smart is hideouse, I don't particularly think the Smart roadster is nice looking but it seems a fun little car especially with a V6.

Lotus Carlton's are absolute beasts. Been out in a few as a passenger, they drift with the best of them!!!

Tigra's might look like a hardressers car, but without the 1.6 Corsa Sport, its the only car with the X16XE engine ;) Hoping GT4 is realistic with upgrading specs, this engine can see 250BHP with good Throttle Bodies and the engine management and uprated internals.

Cybermonkey24
Lotus Carlton's are absolute beasts. Been out in a few as a passenger, they drift with the best of them!!!

Tigra's might look like a hardressers car, but without the 1.6 Corsa Sport, its the only car with the X16XE engine ;) Hoping GT4 is realistic with upgrading specs, this engine can see 250BHP with good Throttle Bodies and the engine management and uprated internals.

ahh a fellow vauxhall enthusiast 👍
if only they put some GTEs or GSis in the game

Vauxhall enthusiast??? :odd:, until now I never new any existed ;).

Anyone that can do me a favor and make a shot of a Dodge Charger 440 R/T in black, at the location with the trees that are red and yellow, or on nurburgring... You can reply to all my posts as if I am a 5 year old kid, cause I will act like one if you do.

G-T-4-Fan
I think it says that Ford itself is american, but your right I think you will only see it here in Europe

Well, that's not entirely correct. You can see the Ka pretty much anywhere Ford sells cars but in the USA. Kas are also made in Brazil where they are quite popular because they are cheap. I wish Gran Turismo 4 had the SportKa... now that's a fun small car.

zimba
Dude, that's what I am driving. I'm danish, and cars here are ****ing expensive! Hehe...
They are outstanding little cars - handle like gokarts.

I had one for about 4 years and still miss it.

I'm really looking forward to getting to have one again in GT4.

ferret-turbo
ahh a fellow vauxhall enthusiast 👍
if only they put some GTEs or GSis in the game

I thought it was the only one! :lol:

Vauxhalls which i think should have made it in to the final game:

Opel Manta
Astra mk2 GTE 16v
Astra mk3 GSi
Cavalier/Cailbra Turbo/2.0 16v/V6
Corsa B GSi

Out of all of them, the GTE has to be the most important. Its still scaring the ****e out of modern day hot hatches and turbo'd Japanese machines. 20XE has to be one of the best mass produced engines, up there with the RB26 & Boxer engines for sure.

ferret-turbo
ye the carlton is a minted car :D, I have had vauxhalls for ages , and although this isn't strictly vauxhal...well it kinda is lol

cool vid of tiff needell hammering one round the lotus test track....
http://www.kadett-cabrio.hcg.pl/Top_Gear_-_Opel_Lotus_Omega__Vauxhall_Carlton_.avi
58MB

No wonder It looks heaps like a late 80's early 90's Holden Commodore, Looks alot like my 1990 Commodore infact. I guess they are both based on the same Opel Vauxhall something?, I thought this eara of Commodore was just a slight remade/strengthend Opel but with a Buick V6 and Holden V8. Very confusing

Hyundai Racer
Well, that's not entirely correct. You can see the Ka pretty much anywhere Ford sells cars but in the USA. Kas are also made in Brazil where they are quite popular because they are cheap. I wish Gran Turismo 4 had the SportKa... now that's a fun small car.

Well I was only guessing about it, and someone already said he had a Ka in Brazil so......forget whatt I said
:dunce:

nicefrog
No wonder It looks heaps like a late 80's early 90's Holden Commodore, Looks alot like my 1990 Commodore infact. I guess they are both based on the same Opel Vauxhall something?, I thought this eara of Commodore was just a slight remade/strengthend Opel but with a Buick V6 and Holden V8. Very confusing

I guess the Vauxhall Carlton shares many GM parts with the older Commodores. Perhaps even the same floorpan and parts of drivetrain. Who knows, hope someone could shed some light on this!

Tuscan UK
Any ideas on what these supposed dream cars from Vauxhall are going to be for the European release?

It is, for me then, actually an even bigger mistery, I mean dream cars can always be in a game, but a dream car from VAUXHALL!!???
I also think that it might be some DTM car or something because I can't imagine any other sort of dream car Vauxhall can have

The Lotus Carlton (or Opel Omega Lotus for the non-Brits) was a "kind" of a dream car. Everything started with the groupA homologation special Opel Omega Evo500, used in the DTM in 1991 and 1992. At that time, Lotus was owned by GM, that was why Lotus took the Evo500, increased its engine to 3.6litres and installed 2 turbos (on an inline6, stupid thing to do as seen by the Skyline GTRs which have more horsepower and more torque at less revs with only one turbo, instead of two!).

There's also another "special" Carlton/Omega, the Irmscher 4.0, but I don't know much about it :guilty:

PS: The Commodores were based in the Opel Senator, not the Omega/Carlton.

G-T-4-Fan
It is, for me then, actually an even bigger mistery, I mean dream cars can always be in a game, but a dream car from VAUXHALL!!???
I also think that it might be some DTM car or something because I can't imagine any other sort of dream car Vauxhall can have

That kind of ignorant attitude is mostly the reason why this forum is so aggressive.

Gil Abobeleira
The Lotus Carlton (or Opel Omega Lotus for the non-Brits) was a "kind" of a dream car. Everything started with the groupA homologation special Opel Omega Evo500, used in the DTM in 1991 and 1992. At that time, Lotus was owned by GM, that was why Lotus took the Evo500, increased its engine to 3.6litres and installed 2 turbos (on an inline6, stupid thing to do as seen by the Skyline GTRs which have more horsepower and more torque at less revs with only one turbo, instead of two!).

There's also another "special" Carlton/Omega, the Irmscher 4.0, but I don't know much about it :guilty:

Thanks for the info Gil! i have seen the Irmscher 4.0 straight six, i have seen them in engine conversions, straight drop into Manta's. Was basically the 3.0 GM block bored out to 4.0's with a more aggresive cam etc etc

Tuscan UK
Any ideas on what these supposed dream cars from Vauxhall are going to be for the European release?
Don't hold your breath for anything more than it being the Calibra and Astra DTM cars re-badged as Vauxhalls.

Cybermonkey24
I thought it was the only one! :lol:

Vauxhalls which i think should have made it in to the final game:

Opel Manta
Astra mk2 GTE 16v
Astra mk3 GSi
Cavalier/Cailbra Turbo/2.0 16v/V6
Corsa B GSi

Out of all of them, the GTE has to be the most important. Its still scaring the ****e out of modern day hot hatches and turbo'd Japanese machines. 20XE has to be one of the best mass produced engines, up there with the RB26 & Boxer engines for sure.

yup, Im driving a cav GSi with the c20xe engine just now, would be great if it was put in the game
but sadly (as you probably know lol) Vauxhall isn't very popular at all (too many people listening to Jeremy Clakson :ill: ) so the most we'll see in the game is thingslike the vx220, lotus carlton etc , even though the cars you listed are as fast/faster than many other cars in the game

the Monaro is in it I believe, so I'll claim that as a vaux lol

Holdenhsvgtsr
link doesnt work anyone have a working one
It works for me, I've just started downloading it now. Right click then save as.

im guessing not standard lol
the only video i got of the sri is of us racing a sti estate u cant hear it much though but u can hear it better in the sound clips

Gil Abobeleira

Senator was basically the luxury version of the Omega. Different front and back, but the bodyshell was the same. Opel had some "twin-models", which were differed only in minor details, like Admiral-Diplomat, Kadett and Olympia in the late sixties. And, if I know well, the Holden Monaro is based on the Omega B. A two-door V8 Omega coupe. :) (in the eighties there was the Opel Monza- it was a hatchback coupe version of the Senator. Cool car. )

Back