Requirements for 100% complete

• Thread starter Cosmos29
  • 39 comments
Canada
Canada
Think the answer to my question is definitely somewhere in the forums but used the search feature and didn't find it. Curious in particular if gold licenses are required for 100%.

Some time back I tried to find a definitive list of required events but never had any luck. What @Dagger311 stated is correct, that includes coffee breaks & drifting. I will remain at 99% forever or until I somehow find any enjoyment doing the last coffee break (Int A Cone Challenge Trial 5) as it causes me a feeling of "motion sickness".

If you have gold everything and still have not unlocked it take a close look at any races / events that you may have repeated after obtaining gold. I have read that if replaying an event and finishing below 1st can count against your progress even if is not reflected in your stats max stars & wins.

Gold everything... which is pretty stupid TBH :(
Even though I've completed the game at 100% twice, when a new event gets added to it and I don't mean the seasonals, the game reverts to 99%.
So as it stands, with the impossible task to gold the Ayrton Senna Brands Hatch event with a pad, mine will stay at 99% forever me thinks :(

@sid_chiclana If it were possible I would trade you an Ayrton Senna Gold for a Trial 5 Cone Challenge (Int. A)....💡

I know what you mean, that's an awful one too :(
I'm only half a second shy on the Senna event, but man, it's starting to make me angry...

hulkferrigno.jpg

EDIT: And after a couple of hours trying... no need to be angry anymore :) 1:06.437 :bowdown:

Last edited:
but are there any trophies that require all gold stars? So is it possible to get the platinum trophy even if you miss a few stars in career?

Ps3 GT6 Trophy's? i've already got platinum on both my old and new account so i could help you with it. The answer is no, the stars needed to unlock "stars trophy's" is 300 stars and the total star numbers for all races is 573 stars. I've got the 300 Star trophy (Star Attraction: 300 Stars) mid through IB Races (i completed all N, B, A and almost half of IB to get that trophy).

Here's the GT6 Trophy's that had to do with Stars you've got:

• Twinkle Twinkle: 25 Stars
  • Starstruck: 100 Stars
  • Star Attraction: 200 Stars
  • Star Attraction: 300 Stars

I've got those as well, so now it's just licence golds and the specific "tasks" that need to be done?
For some reason I expected that I had to have all stars to get platinum.

You have to have all the stars to get platinum. You have to win all the races with stars attached to them. That's part of the 100%.

Could you tell me all the trophy's left? just askin'
The platinum (naturally)
All-Gold International A License
All Gold S License
Autobarmy (thousands and thousand of miles)
Walking Disaster Zone (5000 cones knocked over)
By the skin of your teeth (1% or less fuel)
0.01 seconds (grrrrr)
Senna master (all gold in senna events)

But as the platinum says all other trophies, and none of my remaining trophies mentions any stars I would assume I can just ignore the rest of the stars?

Wait are you guys talking about Trophy's or Game completion?

I'm talking trophys, although golding the last licenses and the senna events are probably harder than getting stars. But I don't want to waste time with the stars if I don't have to.

You have to have all the stars to get platinum. You have to win all the races with stars attached to them. That's part of the 100%.
100% game completion is not required for the Platinum PSN trophy. The Platinum PSN trophy is awarded for getting all the other PSN trophies - and you can be quite some way away from 100% and still get it.
Senna master (all gold in senna events)
That's a DLC trophy - you don't need it for the Platinum.
But as the platinum says all other trophies, and none of my remaining trophies mentions any stars I would assume I can just ignore the rest of the stars?
That's correct.

100% game completion is not required for the Platinum PSN trophy. The Platinum PSN trophy is awarded for getting all the other PSN trophies - and you can be quite some way away from 100% and still get it.
That's a DLC trophy - you don't need it for the Platinum.That's correct.
Thanks, and good news that I don't need the senna master trophy, I'm quite a bit off that one still.

Oh and sorry for derailing the OP a bit here.

Carry on.

I finally got around to doing the 'One-make Wonder Win' & 'Walking Disaster' trophies last night to get the Platinum, yet when I look on the Playstation 'My Trophies' site it still shows that I haven't got it. Anyone know what's up with that?

I've heard that in order to have the 99% to be 100%, you must have Golded the very first Seasonal Events right after the game was launched. If you did not Gold them, then you will never have 100% completion. I heard this from a friend of mine that had tried the same Seasonals, which he only got Silver on. He has a 99% as well.

I've heard that in order to have the 99% to be 100%, you must have Golded the very first Seasonal Events right after the game was launched. If you did not Gold them, then you will never have 100% completion. I heard this from a friend of mine that had tried the same Seasonals, which he only got Silver on. He has a 99% as well.
This is categorically untrue - I started this game in May 2014, well after those seasonals had expired.

To get 100% you simply need a gold trophy in every race, championship, licence and special event, including the DLC special events at Sierra and the Senna Tribute. It is always the case that if you do not have 100%, you do not have gold everywhere - and if you don't think so you're missing one that you don't think you're missing.

In some older versions of the game you could drop back from 100% if you repeated a race and didn't win it - this no longer applies to the best of my knowledge. There was also an occasion back in I think v.04 where some of the X Challenge had been added to the completion status but wasn't available to actually attempt, locking you out of 100% until the update unlocked the events for you.

This is categorically untrue - I started this game in May 2014, well after those seasonals had expired.

To get 100% you simply need a gold trophy in every race, championship, licence and special event, including the DLC special events at Sierra and the Senna Tribute. It is always the case that if you do not have 100%, you do not have gold everywhere - and if you don't think so you're missing one that you don't think you're missing.

In some older versions of the game you could drop back from 100% if you repeated a race and didn't win it - this no longer applies to the best of my knowledge. There was also an occasion back in I think v.04 where some of the X Challenge had been added to the completion status but wasn't available to actually attempt, locking you out of 100% until the update unlocked the events for you.

I see. I don't know if my friend had his percentage knocked down from 100%, but he has Golded and completed every single event there is. I am just going to assume that it was knocked down to 99% or was never 100% to begin with because of that one race you described. His game completion has been at 99% since around March of 2014.

I see. I don't know if my friend had his percentage knocked down from 100%, but he has Golded and completed every single event there is. I am just going to assume that it was knocked down to 99% or was never 100% to begin with because of that one race you described. His game completion has been at 99% since around March of 2014.
In my experience, every time someone insists they have completed everything but don't have 100%, they're wrong.

We actually had this at a LAN where this question came up and the person in question insisted they'd done everything. After a "short debate", they went through and checked everything - a long and laborious process - and found a race they'd only silvered. They golded that and were still not at 100% - and eventually found another race they'd not done :lol:

When that race was completed, 100% ticked over.

In my experience, every time someone insists they have completed everything but don't have 100%, they're wrong.

We actually had this at a LAN where this question came up and the person in question insisted they'd done everything. After a "short debate", they went through and checked everything - a long and laborious process - and found a race they'd only silvered. They golded that and were still not at 100% - and eventually found another race they'd not done :lol:

When that race was completed, 100% ticked over.

That's funny. Haha. It could be the game version (how the disk was manufactured) that makes the 99% problem; but I doubt that. I have seen proof of my friend's 99%, but I will ask him to re-check all of the events again. And if this means anything, it could be the version of Gran Turismo 6 itself. He has the 15th Anniversary Edition Gran Turismo 6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be a possiblity to why he has a 99% IF he completed every single event.

That's funny. Haha. It could be the game version (how the disk was manufactured) that makes the 99% problem; but I doubt that. I have seen proof of my friend's 99%, but I will ask him to re-check all of the events again. And if this means anything, it could be the version of Gran Turismo 6 itself. He has the 15th Anniversary Edition Gran Turismo 6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be a possiblity to why he has a 99% IF he completed every single event.
Nope - I do too, and that game I linked above was done using that copy. I'm doing another - even cheaper one - at the moment.

Back