Resident Evil 2: Remake

• Thread starter 1alexie
  • 65 comments
I've had my own issues with Mr.X aswell, making exploration a bit more difficult. Personally, I have him chase me to the opposite side of the RPD until he loses sight of me. Then, I sneak my way to the side I need to go, then I'm given plenty of time to complete my tasks before he appears. I've had some fun messing with him aswell, you can have him just chase you in a circle if you want. I once decided to run constantly past the same zombie to see if he would knock it out and he did.

Lickers haven't really been an issue for me until I get into a room with zombies, though I just draw the zombies into another room so I can take them out 1 by 1. After that, it's safe to just creep around the hallways with little issue since they don't get aggressive until you're loud. Of course, this isn't my first run with Lickers. You had to do the same thing in RE5 in one chapter.

Plan your routes!

Finished Leon A in two sessions, Friday and Saturday. Really, really impressed. Definitely sets the standard for remakes and RE going forward. I've started Claire B now.

Last edited:
I was not the fan of the series until I've seen the trailer of RE2 remake. I was impressed and started to learn all about the previous games. They're cool, but really scary.

I didn't like RE.

I bought RE2 after playing a demo on a coverdisc. I bought the game and completed it multiple times unlocking everything possible. On PS1, Dreamcast, PS3 and PSP.

I didn't like RE3. Nemesis put me off.

I couldn't get into Code Veronica on Dreamcast.

I liked the effectiveness of the RE4 reboot.

I ignored RE5 and 6.

I bought RE7. Another nice reboot.

I played the demo of RE2 remake. Payday. Please come around a bit quicker please.

I bought the delux edition which gives you a special gun and the original soundtrack.

I haven't found a way to access this stuff, although I'm not very far into the game.

Any advice out there?

Finished Leon A in 2 sittings, this is I exactly what I wanted from resident evil for years!

I said back when I played 5 if they just did a classic resident evil buy with the over the shoulder view then it would be amazing and I was spot on!

I was constant on edge, made multiple save files as I constantly found myself hours with barely no ammo and hours without seeing any healing items and thought I would have to revert to an earlier seven.

Died countless times towards the end of the game and the game kept giving me the option to switch to easy mode which I refuse to do.

Mr X is the start of the show it brought back memories of my 13 year old self trying to beat nemesis back in the day.

Best moment of the game was when running away from mr x I walk into a save room thinking now I'm safe and realising that those save rooms are.no longer "safe"!! The panic was real!

Masterclass , now remake number 3 :)

I'm currently playing through Leon B, I did Leon A on my first run in, then 2 Claire B runs. Right now, I'm just trying to get use to the game and improve on conserving ammo. I just made it to the start of the sewer section, I guess the alligator is next.

Once I improve my skills, I'll go for A or S rank.

This is my first Resident Evil game and as someone who normally isn’t into the survival horror genre, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I decided to play as Leon on Standard first and initially, for the day I was only going to play until I solved the Goddess puzzle, but I ended up going way, way beyond that. Once I got into the game, it was hard for me to put it down and I was just itching to see what’s next.

Also, I don’t what is scarier: running into two Lickers in a dark hallway or having Mr. X chase you all over a room while you’re trying to do something. :lol:

Some other things I noticed about RE2 Remake that I'll put in a spoiler tag just in-case some people still haven't played this yet.

1. William Birkin's 2nd form in Remake reminds me of fighting the Tyrant in Code Veronica. I mean, you have to run around in a small area where you risk falling off. In addition, you basically defeat Birkin in the same fashion aswell; by having a big crate launched at him that pushes him off the platform.
2. The new ivy zombies remind me of the Leech Zombies in RE0, mainly on how fire is the best method in taking them down. In addition, they move around in a similar fashion.
3. In some cases, fighting zombies can be easy once you exploit things like their grabbing animations and using doors to slowly take them down.

I have a minor complaint about this Remake, the modern music doesn't stay like in the original. I know they were going for a quiet atmosphere, but music can often help in that fashion aswell. It worked in Resident Evil 1 Remake, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here. I'm still saddened that the revised save room theme on plays for a short period of time before ending.

This game is just awesome. Love the atmosphere and the fact that you really learn your way around the station and you keep progressing inch by inch

This is my first Resident Evil game and as someone who normally isn’t into the survival horror genre, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I decided to play as Leon on Standard first and initially, for the day I was only going to play until I solved the Goddess puzzle, but I ended up going way, way beyond that. Once I got into the game, it was hard for me to put it down and I was just itching to see what’s next.

Also, I don’t what is scarier: running into two Lickers in a dark hallway or having Mr. X chase you all over a room while you’re trying to do something. :lol:

Try running into both at the same time..!!!

Was finally able to start this last night for a bit, started with Leon. My first impression is that it is awesome and feels just like the original to me, but it is hard and ammo is scarce (like any RE game when you first play them, I suppose) so I will restart the game on “easy” difficulty. I know, I am ashamed too. I grew up playing RE afterall, but I don’t play games for a challenge anymore, so it is what it is. I didn’t get very far, no big deal restarting, really.

I absolutely love that I can turn on the classic sound effects and music. Brings me right back to the original playing that game as a kid back in the day hearing that eerie police station music and the wonderful save room music that makes you feel safe, too. Looking forward to playing more.

On Claire B now. The only thing that I don't like is the sixshooter. So much harder for me to hit with it for some reason and most of the ammo I get is for it. lol.

Well, I managed to get my first S-Rank a couple days ago with Claire A and unlocked the infinite Samurai Edge. I then proceeded to use it for Leon A and it was a blast. I just finished the beginning of another playthrough with Claire B using the infinite Samurai Edge again, but now trying to find the Mr. Raccoons I missed on my previous playthroughs. I honestly wasn't trying to get them all before, but now I will.

After I have my fun, I'll then finally try the hardcore mode. I just wanted some practice first before I attempt doing hardcore mode, I haven't really beaten many RE games on the hardest difficulty before. I think the only RE games I have beat on hard mode are RE4,5, & 7.

Okay, I couple of things I didn't notice until recently:
I passed by this poster several times and never noticed this; a STARS posted with Brad Vickers on it.
RE2 Remake - Brad Vickers Poster.png

They still hid a film in Wesker's desk showing off Rebecca Chambers in gym clothes.
RE2 Remake - Rebecca Chambers Picture.png

That give it to ya song makes me think of "Fast and Furious" for some reason.

---
Anyway, I finally am making my first run at Hardcore mode and I picked Claire A for this run. Yup, it's hard for sure with zombies putting me in danger after one bite. Though that could be because they keep getting me from the back, outrunning them is sometimes hard. However, I'm doing surprisingly well. I even beaten William Birkin's 1st form without getting hit once, though I wasted all of my sub-weapons. *shrug* Anyway, I have plenty of health items stored up now and plenty of handgun ammo.

I got S+ rank on Standard Leon A tonight. With that done, I’m going to do Leon A again on Hardcore next so that I can unlock the infinite SMG. Fortunately, only S-rank is needed for this, so I’m definitely going to take advantage of the infinite Samurai Edge. I have no idea when I’m going to attempt S+ Hardcore. I don’t quite know the game like the back of my hand just yet, so I’m just going to keep doing less demanding playthroughs for now.

I’ve also heard that Claire’s scenarios are always easier than Leon’s but I feel more comfortable with his weapons.

I just beat Claire A on hardcore mode today, but didn't use any bonus weapons. I managed to get B rank, I was taking my time with it; trying to not get too overwhelmed. I did significantly well against 4th form Birkin this time round, beating him without dying once. I'm also getting better at dodging enemies, but still need work on this.

I also started Leon A on hardcore, just got to the secret room and had my first attempt with William Birkin. I got hit by him twice and just gave up. I'll beat him tomorrow. I've made a lot of mistakes already versus my run with Claire; I got bitten by the same zombie twice in the west office (the one next to the safe) and couldn't get past all of the zombies in the west hallway during my second run there. The stupid neon vested one always gets me! :grumpy:

Okay, the fact I want to talk more about this game means I really should join an actual RE forum rather than just talking about it on this thread and youtube. hehe

I just played the ghost survivors dlc today and it was pretty fun. It was great to play as Kendo for the first time in the series, I hope Capcom adds Marvin as a playable character later on. Anyway, the gameplay is as they announced; it plays like 4th survivor, but you can pickup items and weapons. I do like the new zombie additions such as the poison zombies and pale ones. Though the pale zombies added remind me of the stronger molded enemies in RE7's Not-a-hero story dlc.

The Ghost Survivor mode is pretty difficult, throwing a lot of zombies at you in each room. I would even argue harder than the hardcore mode. The character that gave me the hardest time of the 3 I would say is Katherine Warren's story, in spite of it being a 2-star difficulty versus the 3-star listed for Kendo and 4-star for the Umbrella Soldier. What makes her game so hard are the pale zombies (which require potent hg rounds to kill), which makes getting by them difficult. Another thing hard is the fact Katherine only gets a revolver hg and a flamethrower. Kendo meanwhile gives you a shotgun and a modern clip handgun. Having a revolver means slower reload times and the flamethrower will deal damage, but not stun an enemy. With Kendo, there's more enemies, but I have better firepower since I can use the shotgun for crowd control. Not to mention that you can pickup the spark gun and magnum along the way. The only difficulties I have with the soldiers story are abundance of ivy zombies, but I still have a machine gun to fix that plus an option to pick up a more powerful weapon along the story. There's also an extra character you can unlock after playing the first three. Overall, I really did enjoy Ghost Survivors, I look forward to new characters in the future. 👍

Note: I recommend doing the training mode first, I really do.

Bonus: There's other things to say, but I think I'll leave them in the spoiler tag such as the unlockable character and the character's stories.
The 4th character you can play as is the sheriff from the beginning of the story. His game is different from the first three. Rather than just run to a destination like in 4th Survivor to escape, you have to hold out in the convince store from the beginning of the game. The goal is to kill a certain number of zombies depending on which mode you pick (70 for training mode, 100 for standard mode). This was a big challenge, but a welcomed one. It reminds me of the nightmare dlc mini game from RE7, but with a smaller space to work with. There's also no bigger enemies like lickers or ivy to worry about. However, that still doesn't take away from the difficulty as the game throws all 3 special zombies from the previous 3 stories into this one. There's a good balance though with zombies that drop items via backpacks and zombies with gas canisters that you can shoot for crowd control. Tip: try saving one canister for after the half-way mark as they're throwing huge waves at that point. Once again, start on training mode for practice before going for the 5 star mode.

Okay, now for the stories; I'm a bit disappointed on them. I was hoping for a narrative for each character including some lines of dialogue, but none of that happens. There's just camera reels showing the beginning and end for the story. The only good thing I found about the stories was a bit of lore building around Katherine Warren, she apparently is dating Ben Bertolucci. Okay, I was also happy to see one alternate story where Kendo survives aswell.

Okay, the fact I want to talk more about this game means I really should join an actual RE forum rather than just talking about it on this thread and youtube. hehe

I just played the ghost survivors dlc today and it was pretty fun. It was great to play as Kendo for the first time in the series, I hope Capcom adds Marvin as a playable character later on. Anyway, the gameplay is as they announced; it plays like 4th survivor, but you can pickup items and weapons. I do like the new zombie additions such as the poison zombies and pale ones. Though the pale zombies added remind me of the stronger molded enemies in RE7's Not-a-hero story dlc.

The Ghost Survivor mode is pretty difficult, throwing a lot of zombies at you in each room. I would even argue harder than the hardcore mode. The character that gave me the hardest time of the 3 I would say is Katherine Warren's story, in spite of it being a 2-star difficulty versus the 3-star listed for Kendo and 4-star for the Umbrella Soldier. What makes her game so hard are the pale zombies (which require potent hg rounds to kill), which makes getting by them difficult. Another thing hard is the fact Katherine only gets a revolver hg and a flamethrower. Kendo meanwhile gives you a shotgun and a modern clip handgun. Having a revolver means slower reload times and the flamethrower will deal damage, but not stun an enemy. With Kendo, there's more enemies, but I have better firepower since I can use the shotgun for crowd control. Not to mention that you can pickup the spark gun and magnum along the way. The only difficulties I have with the soldiers story are abundance of ivy zombies, but I still have a machine gun to fix that plus an option to pick up a more powerful weapon along the story. There's also an extra character you can unlock after playing the first three. Overall, I really did enjoy Ghost Survivors, I look forward to new characters in the future. 👍

Note: I recommend doing the training mode first, I really do.

Bonus: There's other things to say, but I think I'll leave them in the spoiler tag such as the unlockable character and the character's stories.
The 4th character you can play as is the sheriff from the beginning of the story. His game is different from the first three. Rather than just run to a destination like in 4th Survivor to escape, you have to hold out in the convince store from the beginning of the game. The goal is to kill a certain number of zombies depending on which mode you pick (70 for training mode, 100 for standard mode). This was a big challenge, but a welcomed one. It reminds me of the nightmare dlc mini game from RE7, but with a smaller space to work with. There's also no bigger enemies like lickers or ivy to worry about. However, that still doesn't take away from the difficulty as the game throws all 3 special zombies from the previous 3 stories into this one. There's a good balance though with zombies that drop items via backpacks and zombies with gas canisters that you can shoot for crowd control. Tip: try saving one canister for after the half-way mark as they're throwing huge waves at that point. Once again, start on training mode for practice before going for the 5 star mode.

Okay, now for the stories; I'm a bit disappointed on them. I was hoping for a narrative for each character including some lines of dialogue, but none of that happens. There's just camera reels showing the beginning and end for the story. The only good thing I found about the stories was a bit of lore building around Katherine Warren, she apparently is dating Ben Bertolucci. Okay, I was also happy to see one alternate story where Kendo survives aswell.

Are they short burst scenarios like hunk and tofu?

Apologies if you have said this on this post but I quickly glanced over it to avoid spoilers as cant play the DLC until Monday;)

Can't wait to get this badboy... I remember playing the originals and there has been nothing like them since Silent Hill. Next level. I have some credit so its an added bonus it won't cost me full price either...get in!!!

Back