• 30 comments

andrea

(Banned)
Japan
Japan
virtualnao
resident-evil-3_2019_p0jlt.jpg

Last edited:
Very excited by this news. The original is one of my favorites of the series and considering how well done the Resident Evil 2 remake was, I expect 3 to be as good. As a kid there was nothing scarier to me than hearing "Stars..." in the background followed by Nemesis chasing me around.

Excluding most of the bosses, I too really liked REmake 2. Too bad I won't be home to enjoy this until late summer.

Last edited:
I wish you can buy just the single player game, at a lesser price, as it's supposed to be shorter than RE2remake.
Also in Re2r.. the environment feels pretty static and sterile clean, too in order and no physics too. I just got it on sale.
Might get rev1 and 2 bundle now, it's on big discount on psn in N.A. ..looks fun.
Still need res7 too, the demo in 1st person is more tense than the res2r demo hehe.
I got re1 and 0 remaster on ps4 and they are well done. Re1 has really good moody feel. Nice lighting animations and music.

It be nice to have a remaster of res2 like res1, it's a special mood and i read many things are missing in the remake like ennemies..
Res3 im not so sure, it looks more like city outdoors in ruins with cars streets, i prefer moody interiors maybe.
Edit: i was trying the demo of rev2 and the part after you install the missing cog and the mob of prisonners attack is pretty hard. I don't know if they keep spawning but i tried using moira to start opening the door with her crowbar and then switching fast to the other character to defend her but she doesn't seem to continue in her own to try open it it seems unless you need to wait a little.
But the mob attacks quickly, i used up all ammo and then was knocking the rest with melee from moira but they keep coming.

Last edited:
This looks great, only pet peeve I have is Nemesis's Popsicle stick teeth, which I guess was done to make him look even more inhuman than he already is. I think it's a bit interesting they changed his restrained tentacles into life support tubing as well. I can't wait to see what they have in store for this.

Can't believe i just found in the demo of res7 that you can get the fuse to go upstairs and then find the key to go in the basement lol. I thought the demo was so short and nothing to do each i tried it until i just found this out lol.
Makes you shiver when you get attacked haha. Much more intrigued now to get the game.
I thought that was it when you try go out the back door and the guy punches you out, saying welcome to the family.
Now i keep dying, i did notice you can kick the hanging body on that ennemy at least.

Edit: I'm not sure i get why res4 is considered so good, each i look at walkthroughs it looks so average with lots of sniping and bad controls. The port to ps4 seems not so great too. I did play it back on the xbox i think long ago until past the village, that part was ok for the time but today i dont know. Its simple layouts it seems compared to maps of 1 and 2. And not much looks like survival horror. I hope they do a remake of it too.

Last edited:
Went through the PC demo multiple times now so I decided to slow down and take in the sights.

POqhaog.png

fL3n5eN.png

brugPdE.jpg

ObL7s45.png

2G0wRA4.png

L7QEZeR.jpg

Re55dxD.jpg

iueN6qa.jpg

NxEnCAu.jpg

y5CFrbf.jpg

UvAc7iP.jpg

Have to break ranks here with most of my peers on this one. I'm a big RE fan, and although I enjoyed RE3 I found the nemesis character a real bore and a pain in the neck. As I did Mr X in RE2 remake.

Indestructible bosses hold no fascination for me. Running away from them/or exhausting entire ammo supply isn't an entertaining thing for me. The reappearances of nemesis and Mr X were just irritants to me, and felt like an interruption in the game play.

So there.

My favourite re game getting a remake ;) and the demo was very good.

Played through it 4 times now and loving it, hope my pre order turns up to make isolation a bit more bearable :)

After two remakes, I am now convinced that Capcom can bring back Dino Crisis from the dead.

Last edited:
After two remakes, I am now convinced that Capcom can bring back Dino Crisis from the dead.
I have been dreaming of a Dino Crisis remake back when they first started remaking the RE games. I loved the remake of RE1 on Gamecube (at the time) so much so that I wished they did the same thing to Dino Crisis, fixed cameras and all. Now I would welcome a over the shoulder remake with the same engine as RE2/3 remakes.

Dino Crisis 2 would also be nice, maybe... I didn't play 2 as much because it felt like an action arcade game if I recall.

Unrelated but sorta related, I wish Capcom would re-release Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, not necessarily remakes, just HD re-releases. Those were weirdly great games.

Dino Crisis 2 was the coolest game of my childhood. The ambience of the stages. Be it the jungle or the underwater facility. It felt so immersive. 19 years have passed since the ending cliffhanger :/

Dino Crisis 2 was the coolest game of my childhood. The ambience of the stages. Be it the jungle or the underwater facility. It felt so immersive. 19 years have passed since the ending cliffhanger :/

I will have to replay Dino Crisis 2, it's been many years.

Was the cliffhanger ending picked up in Dino Crisis 3 or did no one play that one? :lol:
Dinocrisis3box.jpg

Have to break ranks here with most of my peers on this one. I'm a big RE fan, and although I enjoyed RE3 I found the nemesis character a real bore and a pain in the neck. As I did Mr X in RE2 remake.

Indestructible bosses hold no fascination for me. Running away from them/or exhausting entire ammo supply isn't an entertaining thing for me. The reappearances of nemesis and Mr X were just irritants to me, and felt like an interruption in the game play.

So there.
I think Nemesis is a great game but it lacks the ongoing element of discovery and mystery of Resident Evil 2. You are uncovering a mystery. What is happening? Why did this event happen? Who is behind it? And the result of it. RE3 is about action. Avoid the Nemesis, shoot the Nemesis, run away from the Nemesis, kill the Nemesis. There's a couple of twists and plot holes between the military operatives but it's mostly you have got to get out of Dodge. Resident Evil 2 is good because it's compelling. You're solving an X-Files mystery of Raccoon city and you're experiencing it along the way. You're being introduced to characters that are telling you new information. Birkin's motivations, Ada's motivation etc. That, to this day makes it a simple and compelling game.

Last edited:
I'm not a follower of the series, but I've watched LPs of all of the main canon line. I was watching my main streamer go through RE3 last night and I was gaming at the same time so kinda glancing over here and there. It seemed like the entire game was a Nemesis boss fight split up by moments of avoiding said boss fight. Sounds like I'm not far off.

In recent games RE7 seems to have the most exploration, but I'm assuming the die-hard fans of the series dislike the drastic change to first person. I prefer first person games in general due to Battlefield and generic shooters but watching the LPs I can see how third person is a huge factor. Sounds like the best thing they could do next would be a proper Resident Evil 8 with the same amount of exploration and suspense as RE7 but with their current third person engine. Maybe that can be a full game.

It's crazy how RE3Remake costs a full $60 when it's barely a full game. You can beat it in under 10 hours and that's with taking your time being a completionist. I know it looks nice and has a lot of money in the cutscenes but damn that's the length of a PSN game. This shouldn't cost more than $40. I'm interested in trying it out but not until it's $20 on sale for $15 or something. It's single player so you only get so many replays before it's boring and then money spent. Multiplayer games like GT Sport you get a lot more out of for longer so I don't mind spending a bit more.

I'm not a follower of the series, but I've watched LPs of all of the main canon line. I was watching my main streamer go through RE3 last night and I was gaming at the same time so kinda glancing over here and there. It seemed like the entire game was a Nemesis boss fight split up by moments of avoiding said boss fight. Sounds like I'm not far off.

In recent games RE7 seems to have the most exploration, but I'm assuming the die-hard fans of the series dislike the drastic change to first person. I prefer first person games in general due to Battlefield and generic shooters but watching the LPs I can see how third person is a huge factor. Sounds like the best thing they could do next would be a proper Resident Evil 8 with the same amount of exploration and suspense as RE7 but with their current third person engine. Maybe that can be a full game.

It's crazy how RE3Remake costs a full $60 when it's barely a full game. You can beat it in under 10 hours and that's with taking your time being a completionist. I know it looks nice and has a lot of money in the cutscenes but damn that's the length of a PSN game. This shouldn't cost more than $40. I'm interested in trying it out but not until it's $20 on sale for $15 or something. It's single player so you only get so many replays before it's boring and then money spent. Multiplayer games like GT Sport you get a lot more out of for longer so I don't mind spending a bit more.

Here's the thing though, Resident Evil games have always been quite short. So short that you can even beat them in an hour or two once you know them well enough. That's why I don't mind paying full price for this. There's also additional difficulties as well to unlock so I'm not too worried about replay value either. I'm personally really enjoying the game so far. I've played the original as well and I like that it's a new experience even for veterans, which is the best way to do a remake IMO.

I had a look at the Metacritic reviews. Kind of mixed, with some high scores - but that is only from the "professional" reviewers.The ordinary players on "user score" seemed to detest the game in their droves, with loads of zero scores.

I think these zero scores, generally, are a bit silly. But they do represent passion and contempt from the fan-base.

The main objections appear to be that a lot of content from the original game - the clock tower etc - has been cut. Also it doesn't appear to be a "real" Resi game where you can explore about and do puzzles. It seems to be "on rails" - you get scooted along to one scenario after the other. It's all breathless action.

This had been one of my definite buys. But I'm thinking twice about it now.

I can't claim to be a diehard fan, as I never played the old games. Far too scary when I was a kid. That said, I'd be disappointed if RE8 wasn't a 1st person game because that would mean no VR. RE7 in VR is one of the best experiences I've had in gaming, and with the new consoles out, VR8 in VR would look even better and allow for less confined gameplay areas.

I originally planned to get REmake 3, but hearing that it's more action oriented, and less item management and survival oriented has completely put me off. It sounds like RE6, and that is not a positive thing.

I had a look at the Metacritic reviews. Kind of mixed, with some high scores - but that is only from the "professional" reviewers.The ordinary players on "user score" seemed to detest the game in their droves, with loads of zero scores.

I think these zero scores, generally, are a bit silly. But they do represent passion and contempt from the fan-base.

The main objections appear to be that a lot of content from the original game - the clock tower etc - has been cut. Also it doesn't appear to be a "real" Resi game where you can explore about and do puzzles. It seems to be "on rails" - you get scooted along to one scenario after the other. It's all breathless action.

This had been one of my definite buys. But I'm thinking twice about it now.
RE2 was my first RE and set the benchmark for the series to me. I didn't like RE3 back in the day for two reasons. 1. It didn't feel like RE2 and 2. The boss guy that is always after you did my head in. That's why I pre-ordered RE2 but only played the demo of RE3. It is a good game. It just isn't RE2. Try the demo if you haven't already. That will pretty much convince you one way or the other.

I completed the game last night. My opinion is that it was short, but not disappointingly short. It's a shame they cut some areas, glossed over parts of the original game and so on, but I thought the game was very good overall. The moments of exploration and walking through the streets of Racoon City were the best parts, to me. I had flashbacks to 1999 playing RE3 for the first time with my brothers. 👍

The RE2 Remake wasn't completely faithful to the original either, but RE3 Remake felt like an all new game with references to the original, which I initially didn't like, but in the end I enjoyed the experience. I'm not sure I like how they handled Nemesis, especially towards the end but I won't get into that in detail due to spoilers. The game overall was a bit more action packed than I like in my RE games. Felt like Capcom was moving away from action after RE6 and going back to the survival horror roots, but RE3 Remake reminded me of RE6 in many ways and not always for good reasons.

In other words, I liked this game the same way I like RE4. It's not the Resident Evil I wanted, but it's a good game.

Back