Review your last concertMusic 

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 261 comments
WeShallNverStop
I saw U2 2 weeks ago, it was fantastic. Glad i saw them on their last concert of their 360 Tour, it was great stuff, the crowd loved it, had great spots, great show, probably the best i'll ever experience! đź‘Ť

Jealous much, did you get the space man intro to beautiful day? When I saw them on the 360 tour in Cardiff, Wales in 2009 they were amazing too

Just got back from seeing El Ten Eleven at the Rickshaw Stop. Two annoying indie bands opened up for them so we skipped them and just went for the main act. Was an awesome concert and they were giving out an awesome energy. Sadly except for a handful of people up front most people were pretty lame. Bunch of dumb hipsters off to the sides and back too cool to dance. Some dude in a beanie right in front of me was high as hell on something kept falling back into me.

Despite a few mechanical failures they pressed on like warriors and played a heck of a show. It was worth the $14.

System of a down may 12th 2011 ! Woo woo, now gunna go see black label society and judast priest on Oct. 30th

Tell us how much ass BLS kicks. :P I've never heard of Judast Priest before.. Must be some new ****** bad. :sly:

Will love to hear how it went though, I am most certainly envious.

Its been such a long time since I've been to a hardcore/hardcore-punk show. But man Terror was once again, crazy and got a good stage diving fest. :)
They played with Your Demise, Stick To Your Guns, and some other locals that I cant really remember to recall.

Just got back from Keith Urban. Can't sleep, ears are still going...

Amazing concert. I'm a big country fan and my girlfriend is a fan so I took her to it tonight for her birthday.

Music aside, as obviously I like it or I wouldn't have gone, but the performance was fantastic.

Did a few covers and as Russell Crowe is here filming a movie he came out and sang a Johnny Cash song and then Space Cowboy with Keith Urban and his band.

The opening band, The Band Perry, I didn't mind either. To finish their set they did a cover of Fat Bottom Girls which was pretty good and got everybody off their seats early.

He also made sure to mention our beloved Canucks a few times and spot lighted and showed one of the Canucks on the stage's screen. That resulted in a massive standing ovation which was pretty cool. On top of that he gave away two signed guitars to people nowhere near the stage and held a 3 person singing competition to have them sing the rest of the song with him which was also good for some laughs.

All in all the ticket was worth every penny and I'll go see him again when he's back. 10/10 from me.

Muse at wembley stadium in September 2010.

Could there be a better song to get the crowd going at the beginning of a gig than knights of cydonia? I don't think so. The stage the set, the music everything about it was amazing. They are real show men and a great band. Feeling good being sung by the whole stadium full of people was a pretty amazing moment.

And Muse's 2007 gig at wembley was voted best ever wembley event. Just says something about their music doesn't it that it surpasses all other events taken place there all the other gigs and sporting events, even Englands 1966 world cup win

I was at that same gig in 2010, I loved every second of it and until recently it was by far the best gig I had been to. I missed the tour in 2006 so just couldn't miss out a second time around. The 2006 gig sounds like it was better though, more of a show.

THE best gig that I have been to though was also the last one I went to, Foo Fighters at the MK Bowl in July. Where Muse gave a perfect performance, it had very little character, like they were under pressure the whole way through to be note perfect. The Foo's really looked at home on the stage though, really interacting with the crowd and just looked comfortable. When it came to the songs, they were full of energy and to top it all of, the guest performers were brilliant too (Alice Cooper and Roger Taylor Saturday when I saw them, John Paul Jones and Seasick Steve Sunday).

Went to SOAD a few months ago and umm to sum it up...

F'ING AWESOME!!!

I would kill to go to a SOAD show. They played here at San Diego 2 months ago, but I wasn't able to attend since I had work that day :banghead:

Yesterday, saw No Bragging Rights, Elitist and some other local bands, but damn they destroyed the place. Lots of mic grabs,stage dives and crowd killing. :lol:

http://i53.tinypic.com/s4b2fc.jpg

Went to Zac Brown Band and I was mostly pleased. I liked the first intro band which was Nic Cowan, however the second band I did not like that much. I loved the Zac Brown Bands performance except for the jamming.

Its been a while since my last show, but it was a TDWP show with Attack Attack opening up for them. Both had great energy, with Attacks singer stage diving while singing and eventually hanging off the rafters. TDWP was just super focused and put on a killer set (they were touring for their Zombie EP). The venue helped a lot due to the extremly small pit area, which boreders the stage. Its also sunk in a bit, with speakers all around it pointed inward.

So, who've you been to see live in the past and are you going to see anybody in the near future?

Went to see Muse at Old Trafford cricket ground a year or two ago; great atmosphere in the open air at night, 50,000 people going absolutely mental for one of the best live bands on the planet. Honestly haven't been to too many since though, life's been quite busy so it's just been a few local bands.

Going to see Deaf Havana this Friday at Leeds Met though, not a 'real fan' but some friends have dragged me along and they're decent, so it should be fun regardless.

NB - Multiple threads on this but they're all years old so, y'know.

Been to see:
Oasis - Dig out your soul tour
Coldplay x2 (Viva la vida and MX tours)
U2 - 360 tour
Green Day x2 (21st century breakdown tour and Reading festival secret show)
Lostprophets x2 (Betrayed and Weapons tours)
Muse - Resistance tour
White Lies x2 (Muse and U2 support act)
Frank Turner (Green Day support)
Red Jumpsuit Aparatus
Yashin (RJA support act)
30 Seconds To Mars - This is War tour
Mayday Parade x2 (self titled album tour and as a support act)
You Me At Six x2 (Sinners Never Sleep tour and Reading festival)
Ed Sheeran - iTunes festival London
Kasabian (Oasis support act)
All of the following at Reading Festival 2012:
Foo Fighters
Kaiser Chiefs
Billy Talent
Feeder
Paramore
Angels and Airwaves
Coheed and Cambria
Deaf Havana
Black Keys
Bombay Bicycle Club

Upcoming booked gigs: Feeder, Keane, All Time Low and Green Day again :D

I like live music a lot. And will spend most of my money on gigs, with plans to go to Reading festival again in 2013. And there is more than that but they were all the gigs I really enjoyed or have been great music (not always at the same time :lol: )

That's quite a list man, wish I'd been to as many. Our music taste is fairly similar as well, just I'm not the bigggest fan of U2, Oasis and Coldplay :P

Out of interest, how were Deaf Havana live?

Deaf Havana were actually quite good, I'd not heard much of their stuff before seeing them but bought their new album when I got home.

I don't much like live music.. but I've been dragged along to a few gigs over the years..

The Pet Shop Boys
The Eagles
The Wallflowers
Counting Crows
Imelda May

.. and, the only one I actually was keen to go to...

Dave Gilmour

I've been to a few this year...

Black Cobra (x3)
Black Tusk
Corrosion of Conformity (Original lineup)
Church of Misery
Diesto
Gaza
Hail!Hornet
Kowloon Walled City
Lord Dying
Mark Lanegan
Oxbow
Rabbits
Red Fang
Saint Vitus
Sean Wheeler & Zander Schloss
Sleep
Sourvein
The Gates of Slumber
Torche
Walken
Weedeater
YOB

5 more concerts planned so far for the rest of the year and 2 already for 2013. I was limited with funds this year, and 2 of the bigger shows I wanted to see got cancelled. (Overkill, God Forbid, SuidAkrA, Diamond Plate) as well as (Lamb of God, Gojira, Dethklok) Was only interested in Overkill and Gojira really but still sad that they got cancelled.

Saw Iron Maiden live last year, best concert I've been to by a country mile. Looking to see Slash and Guns N' Roses at some point in the near future.

Went to see Take That with my girlfriend. :GULP: I had to go because I bought her 2 tickets and she couldn't find anyone that wasn't already going. So I had to go.

On a happier note, I just bought 6 tickets to go watch Jason Manford next December! Happy days!

Saw Frank Turner last night in Liverpool, absolute amazing. Like seriously, if you don't see him live at least one time in your life you're really missing out.

So, who've you been to see live in the past and are you going to see anybody in the near future?

Went to see Muse at Old Trafford cricket ground a year or two ago; great atmosphere in the open air at night, 50,000 people going absolutely mental for one of the best live bands on the planet. Honestly haven't been to too many since though, life's been quite busy so it's just been a few local bands.

Going to see Deaf Havana this Friday at Leeds Met though, not a 'real fan' but some friends have dragged me along and they're decent, so it should be fun regardless.

NB - Multiple threads on this but they're all years old so, y'know.

Merged with the existing concert/gigs thread

Feeder 21/11/12.

Brilliant. That about sums it up! Even the support act (Virgin Marys) was good!

Soloracer3
Feeder 21/11/12.

Brilliant. That about sums it up! Even the support act (Virgin Marys) was good!

Oh I heard about that gig earlier in the week! Wolverhampton or something wasn't it? Glad you had a good time, they're an awesome band.

Yeah it was in Wolverhampton, Homeforsummer saw them in Manchester earlier in the week I think and he found it as good as I did!

And I'll just add this, finished with an album cover!
tumblr_mdwljx61hQ1rt45gxo1_500.jpg

Very happy with this picture even if it is quite poor quality :lol:

Last edited:
Soloracer3
Yeah it was in Wolverhampton, Homeforsummer saw them in Manchester earlier in the week I think and he found it as good as I did!

And I'll just add this, finished with an album cover!

Very happy with this picture even if it is quite poor quality :lol:

Nice shot despite the quality; unfortunately it's not practical to bring a massive camera to a gig :lol:

Got Muse tickets in the pre-sale yesterday for their stadium tour next summer. June 1st, Etihad Stadium in Manchester, standing, can't wait to see them again!

Having seen Keane last night I can say they are a very polished live act. It was an unusual gig for me as everywhere was seated even the floor area (although I stood all the way through) and the majority of the audience was a fair bit older than myself. Desipite this it was a good crowd who intereacted well with the band.

Also this show was performed 'in the round', only the second time I have seen this stage design used for the entire gig (U2 being the other) and I must say it worked very well. None of the crowd was neglected and with all of the musicians rotating round the stage we were able to see everything. The main advantage I think though is the lighting capabilities it gives. I will add some pictures later but it was one of the best lit gigs I have ever been to with the central stage being lit from all sides and above in a clever and well executed way.

So overall it was a very good gig. And tomorrow I am hoping to purchase tickets to ser Athlete next May :)

Keane by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

And I got the tickets :D

Last edited:
Just got some tickets to see The Blackout at the HMV Ritz in Manchester in January. Can't wait, absolutely love the band and I'm informed by a friend who saw Enter Shikari there last weekend that the venue is awesome too.

Anybody been to the Ritz or seen The Blackout live before who can give me a heads up on what they're like?

Back