Review your last concertMusic 

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 261 comments
Going to see Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters tonight.
I've looked over their previous setlists and it looks pretty good.

robert-plant_460.jpg

The last concert I attended was Download festival in 2014. I managed to see The Answer, The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, The Wildhearts, Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park, Volbeat, Steel Panther, Alter Bridge and Aerosmith.

The Offspring and Aerosmith were the two standouts for me as they were the only reason I bought a weekend ticket for the festival. The other bands I saw were bonuses and three of them I had never heard of before going there. I enjoyed them all and started listening to their music, it was a great weekend and worth every penny.

And to top it all off Aerosmith, recorded their performance for DVD and I've already pre ordered my copy.

Saw Alice in Chains for the second time tonight. It was awesome again, with an amusing moment where Mike, the bassist, was in the wrong key for a song. Both he and the Will noticed it and joked about it after the song was over. The concert started heavy with "Again" and finished strong with "We Die Young", with a couple of surprises thrown in there that I wasn't expecting but thoroughly enjoyed nevertheless.

Overall it was a great experience.

I went to Weird Al Yankovic and Europe last week on back-to-back nights.

sepsep.jpg

The pics and vids I captured all turned to crap,
that's why I love Youtube because wherever you are
someone else is capturing the event better than you.

I had no idea Weird Al would bring out Stormtroopers and Vader
onto the stage. @ 3:50

I saw Europe for the third time I think. They're always a good live band
and Tempest is a great front man.

Here's the best photo I got of the Europe show.
I just love how the moon lit up some clouds in the night sky.
Perfect setting for a chilly September show.

IMG_1681.jpg

I saw CHVRCHES last night. It was at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, which is an awesome venue to start with. One thing about CHVRCHES, they like their lights. They had a crazy light display the whole concert. It was loud. You not only heard the beat, you felt it. But not in the cheesy night club beat kind of way. Lauren, Iain and Martin looked like there were having an awesome time and they really helped get the hype up.

If the chance came around, I would absolutely drive three hours to Chicago to see them again in a couple weeks. And I'm not even that big into synth pop.

Overall it was an awesome show. I really have no complaints.

Alice Cooper, Joe Perry & Johnny Depp are coming to my city on the 30th,
it could be good. Has anybody else been to one of their shows before?

Alice Cooper, Joe Perry & Johnny Depp are coming to my city on the 30th,
it could be good. Has anybody else been to one of their shows before?

Are you seriously questioning that? :P

I would kill to see them live. They've done their first show last night and it looked incredible, set list looked good too.

I'm currently listening to Juliette Lewis and her band doing open rehearsal. They don't play for another couple of hours. She is such a cool person.
I hope they'll play Terra Incognita.

Attachments

• 20160601_165403.jpg
    20160601_165403.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160601_165409.jpg
    20160601_165409.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160601_165411.jpg
    20160601_165411.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160601_165421.jpg
    20160601_165421.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 14
Alice Cooper, Joe Perry & Johnny Depp are coming to my city on the 30th
I went, I saw, it was OK. After five or so songs though it all started to sound the same
and some songs were executed quite sloppy to be frank.

However it was very cool to get to see these legends play some music.

Not my video.

I'm currently listening to Juliette Lewis and her band doing open rehearsal. They don't play for another couple of hours.
I believe the word I was looking for was soundcheck. :embarrassed:

Juliette and her band was more fun than Hollywood Vampires I have to say.
They played at the same venue only two days apart.

Not my video.

Went to see AC/DC in Manchester last weekend and was expecting Axl Rose to be his usual self.

Boy how wrong I was. He still has an amazing voice, he really nailed their songs and I'd go as far as saying he does the Scott songs better than Brian does them. The rest of them were incredible as always. Angus was just incredible.

For those of you who bought tickets for the US shows, I'd definitely recommend seeing them even with Axl on vocals.

JockeP22
Going to see Deep Purple June 14th. Hopefully it'll be good.
Well, they cancelled the gig with only hours to go. Seems they've cancelled
the entire tour as well. "Band member is sick."

I've tried to find out who's sick but not even the bands official website is mentioning anything.

Well, they cancelled the gig with only hours to go. Seems they've cancelled
the entire tour as well. "Band member is sick."

I've tried to find out who's sick but not even the bands official website is mentioning anything.
http://www.metaltalk.net/news2016sg/2016266.php
DEEP PURPLE DRUMMER IAN PAICE SUFFERS A STROKE IN SWEDEN; MISSES PURPLE GIGS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1968 FORMATION
Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice has suffered a mini stroke, also referred to as a TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack. This happened on the morning of 14th June (Tuesday this week), the day that Purple were scheduled to play in Stockholm.
Ian's statement;
"To all the people who were expecting to see Deep Purple in Sweden and Denmark this week I would like to let you know the reason the shows were not possible, and also to stop all the speculation and rumours.

"On the morning of the 14th of June I woke up to find that the right side of my body was feeling numb and I could not control my right hand and fingers.

"So I had myself admitted to hospital where I was diagnosed with having suffered a 'mini stroke', or TIA. The hospital staff in Stockholm were amazing and started my treatment straight away.

"After both CT and MIR scans there was found to be no serious or permanent damage. As of this moment all I am suffering is a slightly numb right side of the face a tingling sensation in my right hand. My dexterity in the hand is coming back quickly and I fully expect to re-commence touring next month.

"So now I have a set of tablets which have to be taken every day to ensure it doesn't happen again!

"So sorry for not being able to play for you.

"And I'm sorry for myself!

"These are the first shows I have missed with DP since its formation in 1968.

"Thanks to all the people who have shown concern and sent their best wishes. -Ian Paice."

Last weekend I got to go and see Van Morrison at Glastonbury. Wow, what a voice. I'll be honest, I only knew one song by him, and I couldn't even pair him with a genre. But man, he can sing as well as anyone. As a bonus, he was supported by Jamie Cullum, of whom I was much more aware, and he gave a fantastic performance. Cullum was much more energetic than Van, and it was clear that he was more at home performing live. Still, put them next to each other, and I reckon you wouldn't glance twice at Jamie, Van Morrison can sing that well. I'd highly recommend seeing both of them live, as they're both much better live than in the studio.

Got to see OM&M, Marilyn Manson and Slipknot last night. It was flippin' epic. Enough said. USANA Amphitheatre, Salt Lake City 8/9/2016 \m/
20160809_181835.jpg
20160809_194909.jpg
20160809_210815.jpg

I love Slipknot and surprisingly I do like Of Mice and Men as well. But having the honor of seeing Marilyn Manson live... My life is complete now.

@HustyGT, I have a friend that was planning to go to one of the tour stops in either Pennsylvania or Ohio; I can't remember exactly where it was at, but I guess it was canceled due to weather. Don't even want to know how he felt when he heard the news.

As for me, my last concert (that I wasn't apart of myself :rolleyes:) was back in 2014. My dad bought us tickets for Five Finger Death Punch and Volbeat for my birthday. I enjoyed the opening acts, both of which I'd never heard of. First was Nothing More who sounded fantastic live. I really enjoyed the vocalist, but I honestly can't remember them much.

Second up was Hellyeah, a "supergroup" primarily made up of Chad Grey formerly of Mudvayne, and Vinny Paul, the brother of Dimebag Darrell, both of which were in Pantera. I wasn't really a fan of them live. Grey's vocals weren't all that great to be honest, but I do enjoy some of the stuff off their studio recordings.

The first headliner was Volbeat, which is easily one of the best live bands I've seen. I loved the involvement eith the audience from Michael Poulsen. Volbeat has a song title "Pool of Booze", which they played with a slight twist. Poulsdn noticed a bunch of kids in the audience, so he promptly changed it to "Pool of Chocolate" which was great! They were just so much fun to listen to.

Lastly was Five Finger Death Punch. A friend of mine first introduced ms to them around 2011. I didn't enjoy them as much as Volbeat, but they seemed very humble on stage; happy to be there and having a good time.

Truly a night I'll never forget.

Hope it's ok if I post a few concerts because I saw a few in a short period of time.

Living Colour, Dinosaur Jr, and Janes Addiction. My friend randomly got me a ticket; which is awesome because I dig Dinosaur Jr and like the other two. Dinosaur Jr was great, Living Colour surprised me because I didn't know many of their songs but they rocked, and Jane's Addiction was the quietest, Perry's voice isn't quite as strong anymore, but was still a good show.

I then invited the same friend that got me that ticket to see Daikaiju, which was a free show at the shore. He had no idea who they were (surf band) but I don't think he will ever forget either lol. One of the funnest crazy shows I've been too. They didn't use the stage they played right in the middle of everyone jumping on the tables and going crazy hahah. At one point I ended up with a guitar. I won't give too much away.. GO SEE THEM if they ever play by you.

Then I saw Dick Dale by the shore. He is incredible and to think of all his medical issues he has, and still puts on a show. My ear was ringing for two days after his opening song Nitro.

Two days after Dick Dale I was back a the beach stage for a surf musical festival. I missed the first 5 bands because the exhaust of the car snapped in half on the way to the shore. Still got to see Black Flamingos, Slowey and the Boats (great relaxing hawaiian steel), The Primitive Finks, Atomic Mosquitos, The Nebulas (finally got to see them; they rock), and Messer Chups (also rocked and all the way from Russia) Turned out being a perfect day despite the bad start.

A bit late, but I saw Tool earlier this year in San Antonio.

3TEETH and Primus were the opening bands, both of which I was pretty indifferent about. 3TEETH is a no-name industrial metal band, nothing special. Primus... well, they're something of an acquired taste. And one that I've not acquired. As such, they were pretty grating to listen to, aside from maybe a song or two.

Tool, however, was fantastic. Exceeded my expectations. Though... there are conspiracy theorists (typical Tool fans) out there that postulate that they were touring with 3TEETH and Primus so that they sound better by comparison. :lol:

I saw Tool live 10 years ago in Fort Wayne. 10,000 Days had recently come out. And yet a new album still hasn't been put out since... :lol:

Anyway, they were awesome. Great music with a sweet light display. Quite the experience. I have a feeling there were many people tripping while watching it all. I also remember them having an intermission where Danny soaked him arms in ice water and played rock-paper-scissors (or some game like that, again it was 10 years ago so my memory isn't perfect) with the opening band.

I forgot to mention that I saw Alice in Chains again a couple of months ago in Cincy. I don't think I can ever get tired of seeing them live.

IMG_6876.JPG

Tony Kofi Quartet at an intimate gig. Fantastic musicians and they played 2 hours of Ornette Colemans music. If you ever get the chance to see them play, don't hesitate.

We'll have seen Bonobo tonight and it was awesome. Same venue as De La Soul last night apart from this time around we were up front.

IMG_7466.JPG
BB062180-FAF9-4403-AE6B-5D8C357B25C7.jpg

Already posted this in the What're You Listening To thread, and I'm still floored!

Loved them in '94 and missed a couple of their reunion shows, but finally got to see them live. :bowdown: Shook hands with all 4 of them, and the trip to LA was basically free.

It was beyond amazing. :)

If the swirling guitar on the first song doesn't jive with you, probably best move on. :P

-----

I'm juggling a few for the next show... U2 Joshua Tree @ Seahawks Stadium vs Weezer/Dude York @ Showbox vs my favorite guitarist ever, Adrian Belew (The Edge is a close 2nd)!

Seen him about 4 times now, first time was with King Crimson when they opened for Tool in 2001. :eek: The Slick siblings are amazing on drums and bass.

https://tickets.thetripledoor.net/eventperformances.asp?evt=769

The Adrian Belew Power Trio
w/ Saul Zonana

Friday - March 17th, 2017 @ 6pm & 10:30pm
$35 Advance // $40 Day of // $45 Front Rows

Adrian Belew is a legendary guitarist well-known for his diverse travels around the musical map. He is a multi-instrumentalist whose solo records are critically acclaimed. His voice and prolific songwriting has endeared a loyal fan base of music lovers who enjoy music of a creative standard not often pushed by the commercial music industry.

Belew has had a career that commands both awe and respect from fellow musicians and loyal fans, from his first solo record "The Lone Rhino" to The Atlantic Records hit album "Mr. Music Head" or any of his other 20 solo records that push sonic boundaries while maintaining artistic integrity. Adrian shreds on guitar but also writes beautiful songs that will make you cry. Yes, Adrian has taken his fans on a wild ride through countless world tours and albums with David Bowie, Talking Heads, Laurie Anderson, NIN and Paul Simon. He truly is the Twang Bar King!

Saul Zonana is Veteran touring artist, songwriter, musician, multi-instrumentalist, producer, engineer, and has played with Crash Test Dummies, Ace Frehley, Adrian Belew etc.

I've been busy. Went to see:
20170415_155933.jpg

A Perfect Circle not long ago. what can I say? It was such a special treat to see such a band live. I have been a fan of them since their beginnings, and just randomly having them here, not 15 minutes from home... Man. this will be one to remember. Maynard was hiding behind the band though... You could barely see him. Classic :lol:

And yesterday I went to:
20170616_162428.jpg

Korn! what's probably one of my guilty pleasures. My snooby rocker friends always make fun of me because I like them. Also been following since I saw Blind on MTV back a long time ago. Now, they did put an amazing show! Performance was perfect, and they even brought Corey Taylor from Slipknot, who not only sang with them, but also played with his other band Stone Sour. Freaking awesome, considering that last year I saw Slipknot in the same amphitheater.

I don't have pictures of A Perfect Circle, since they were very strict with phones. Security was always looking over your shoulder every time you took it out. But I do have some crappy pics from Korn. They don't give a flip at USANA since it's such a massive place.

20170616_222504.jpg

Singing "A Different World" with Corey Taylor

Maynard was hiding behind the band though...
I could be wrong, but I feel like I remember him saying once that he hid behind them because he didn't want to stand out. He wanted the band as a whole to be the focus, not just himself. With that said, I've seen Tool once, 11 years ago, but never APC. It was an amazing show.

Just got back from a Kamasi Washington gig. It's just gone midnight now.

Absolute fantastic. My fiancée seemed to enjoy it too, not as much as me though as Jazz isn't her bag.

I got to meet the man himself too.

IMG_8304.JPG
IMG_8306.JPG
IMG_8308.JPG
IMG_8312.JPG

Muse in Central Park in NYC. Absolutely amazing. No words. That's how awesome it was. Would totally go again. :bowdown:

IMG_6726.PNG

Saw Spotlights and Melvins in Asbury Park. As expected the Melvins were super loud and awesome. I thrashed around like an idiot for 2 1/2 hours and my neck was sore the next day, but it was worth it.

I didn't go to the gig but I saw plenty of Facebook videos of The Pixies in Glasgow last night - I'm glad I kept my opinions to myself as it turns out they are playing again tonight and my boss is going. I saw The Pixies in London about 10 years ago (in a previous 'comeback') and they were great - but the gig was all but ruined by the crowd crooning along to every last word... by the end of the gig it was seriously getting on my nerves... I would love to have just been able to hear the band and not some balding blokes in their mid 40's warbling along in my ear. The footage that I saw of the gig last night looked/sounded like it was exactly the same, only with a weaker sound system (on account of the gig being in the park near residential flats, including mine). And to think that punters would have forked out the best part of £70 for the pleasure of listening to themselves in what amounted to a very expensive singalong, I am glad I kept my money for some other event...

Back