Review your last concertMusic 

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 261 comments
Just booked tickets to see Enter Shikari in Scunthorpe on their Return to Energiser tour in April, ridiculously excited! Tiny venue (Baths Hall or something?) and a huge band so it's gonna be absolutely insane. Since they're playing obscure towns on this tour, it's a bit of a trek for a weekday night, but they're amazing so I'm willing to let it slide.

Soundgarden at the orpheum theatre in Boston. Holds 2500.
Fantastic show. Cornell can still belt it out like it was the 90s.
Nothing bad to say about this show. They played heavy for near 3 hours. Sound quality was great( as always in that venue)

Recomend seeing them when they pass through your area.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor almost two years ago.

The rest is irrelevant.

Ok I know this was posted forever ago but that's way too bad ass not to repost. So jealous

Last show I saw was Bloc Party a few weeks ago. They weren't half bad.
Best show I've seen was sneaking into a very small private party Jay-Z show at SXSW (and being treated like a VIP! hehe)
Muse, My Morning Jacket, Def Leppard (puts on a hell of a show) and Mos Def are all honorable mentions

I saw The Killers last night at the Manchester Arena. I like them but I went more for the mrs but I'm glad I went, they were brilliant. They knew how to put on a show, interacted with the crow a bit and improvised in some of the songs. I'd recommend going to see them unless you really aren't into their music.

I saw The Killers last night at the Manchester Arena. I like them but I went more for the mrs but I'm glad I went, they were brilliant. They knew how to put on a show, interacted with the crow a bit and improvised in some of the songs. I'd recommend going to see them unless you really aren't into their music.

I'm not the biggest Killers fan there is, I really enjoyed Hot Fuss, but I have to agree they put on an incredible show. Saw them a year or two ago in Chicago and I was very impressed with how they ran their set. One of the better live performances I've seen. Glad you had a good time!

Sound City Players
HMV Forum - London - 19th Feb 2013

Dave Grohl's 'supergroup' formed around the Sound City documentary, with a rotating line-up, which for London was:

• Dave Grohl - Nirvana/Foo Fighters/QOTSA
  • Chris Shiflett - Foo Fighters
  • Taylor Hawkins- Foo Fighters
  • Nate Mendel - Foo Fighters
  • Pat Smear- Germs/Nirvana/Foo Fighters
  • Alain Johannes - Eleven/QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures
  • Chris Goss - Masters of Reality/Kyuss
  • Lee Ving - Fear
  • Krist Novoselic - Nirvana
  • Rick Springfield
  • Rick Nielsen - Cheap Trick

Set List and players was:
Sound City Players played:

With Alain Johannes

'A Trick With No Sleeve'*
'Why'*
'All My Friends'*
'Hangin' Tree'*
'Reach Out'

With Chris Goss

'She Got Me'*
'It's ****'*
'Domino'*
'Time Slowing Down'*
'The Blue Garden'*

With Lee Ving, Pat Smear

'Your Wife Is Calling'*
'I Love Livin' in the City'*
'Gimme Some Action'*
'Beef Bologna'*
'I Don't Care About You'*
'Foreign Policy'*

With Rick Springfield and Pat Smear

'The Man That Never Was'*
'I've Done Everything for You'*
'Love Is Alright Tonite'*
'Love Somebody'*
'Jessie's Girl'*

Rick Nielsen, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear

'Hello There'*
'Stiff Competition'*
'I Want You to Want Me'*
'Ain't That a Shame'
'Surrender'*

Set list provided by NME - who get he plug for saving me time
Read more at*http://www.nme.com/news/dave-grohl/68806#1frzE3fpUXcjtDP0.99*

Pics to follow

Couldn't get any better. It was Mayhem Fest, 2012. Anthrax, Slipknot, Motorhead, Slayer, and a few others played. There is never going to be a line up that good again, ever.

Chris Goss - Masters of Reality/Kyuss

I envy you so much... He is one of my all time favorite singer/song writers. His music is so full of energy and yet so soothing.

As for my last show... It was Graveyard with a band called The Shrine opening for them.. Excellent show, both bands played with lots of energy and the crowd was crazy.

I was at that show as well Scaff, really good show. I'd never heard any Eleven stuff before but I really enjoyed that set. It's a shame we didn't get as many performers as the US shows but that's life. I was really happy to see the remaining members of Nirvana on one stage.

I wish I'd taken pictures but I managed to leave my camera in my hotel room, one of my friends got some great shots from just in front of me though - http://www.flickr.com/photos/somethingforkate/sets/72157632805346765/

Some highlights:
8490716987_605bf6c07b_b.jpg

8491813940_1afbffd86f_b.jpg

8490678137_b15de820e0_b.jpg

8493697997_a3856e5969_b.jpg

EDIT: Seems we cross paths a lot Scaff, I was also at both of the Hammersmith TCV shows in 09.

Last edited:
I'm very jealous of you both (SimonK and Scaff) for getting to see the Sound City Players! It's a great documentary and I love Reel to Real.

My most recent gig was All Time Low in Birmingham on 6/2/13. I was expecting a lot of 13 year old fan girls attacking me all the time but the crowd was actually very good and they really interacted well with the crowd as a band.

SimonK
I was at that show as well Scaff, really good show. I'd never heard any Eleven stuff before but I really enjoyed that set. It's a shame we didn't get as many performers as the US shows but that's life. I was really happy to see the remaining members of Nirvana on one stage.

I wish I'd taken pictures but I managed to leave my camera in my hotel room, one of my friends got some great shots from just in front of me though - http://www.flickr.com/photos/somethingforkate/sets/72157632805346765/

Some highlights:

EDIT: Seems we cross paths a lot Scaff, I was also at both of the Hammersmith TCV shows in 09.

We were stood about 10 people to the right of you judging by the pictures, which is quite mad.

Eleven were an amazing band, but the highlight for me was Chris Goss, love his stuff. However the whole night was excellent, the most amusing bit was the number of people who seen to have been under the impression they were going to hear a whole lot of Food Fighters material.

We were stood about 10 people to the right of you judging by the pictures, which is quite mad.

Eleven were an amazing band, but the highlight for me was Chris Goss, love his stuff. However the whole night was excellent, the most amusing bit was the number of people who seen to have been under the impression they were going to hear a whole lot of Food Fighters material.

Yeah I was with a group of people right in front of the PA on that side. Clearly the large majority of the crowd didn't know the material which is fine, Dave even said himself at one point they knew that would be the case but yeah, a lot of people seemed to be expecting Foo Fighters. I overheard one person saying they expected to hear Everlong at the end.

The end was a little abrupt though, clearly a lot of people were expecting an encore or at the very least for all the performers to come back out for a bow but the people that started booing once they realised it really was over were pretty stupid. It was still 2hrs 20mins of great music.

My most recent gig was All Time Low in Birmingham on 6/2/13. I was expecting a lot of 13 year old fan girls attacking me all the time but the crowd was actually very good and they really interacted well with the crowd as a band.

Had a couple of friends who went to the Manchester date, I was quite jealous considering I'm a fan of the band. Thing is, they said the crowd was full of pre teen fan girls screaming and telling people to 'stop pushing'. Yup, like that's gonna happen at a gig.

My last concert was Gigantour on February 9 of last year, two days after my brother's birthday. Megadeth, Motörhead, Volbeat, and Lacuna Coil were on the bill that night, the latter two I'd never heard of before. Let's just say, they had a new fan after that night: Me. And Motörhead drummer Mikky Dee put on a show-stopper of a drum solo midway through their set. It was simply awesome! Headliner Megadeth didn't disappoint, either. Boo-yah!

Was f?!king it up in the pit at KMFDM this past Sunday. =D If you like guitar-driven Industrial music, they're definitely a band to catch live.

Saw Lower Than Atlantis on Saturday at Leeds Met as part of their '**** it to the man' tour (which seems ironic considering they've now signed a major record deal with 'the man' but oh well...).

Place really filled up 5 minutes before they came on and they were amazing. Played a lot of their older, punkier material which resulted in a few circle pits which was great fun. Also Mike Duce interacted really well with the crowd and they seemed genuinely humbled that so many people had come to see them on a headline tour.

So yeah, lost voice and severe tiredness but it was a great night.

On Monday night I saw Frank Hamilton play in a small venue in Leicester, 100 people max and it was sold out. That made for one of the most intimate gigs I have ever been to, especially seeing as we arrived early so were at the front, in a small room with only a 20cm, or so, high stage I was as close to Frank as I was my friends in the crowd. He performed brilliantly and was able to have a laugh along with the crowd and brushed off the few mistakes he made in the set with ease delivering a high energy performance with his band. He is quite a small act but I can see big things in the future for him if he continues going how he is. Below is a sample that'd I highly recommend listening to and a picture to show just how close we were, for more take a look at my flickr page (see sig).

FH7 by NMC's Photos, on Flickr

Nice photos there Solo, intimate gigs are great 👍

Well, last Saturday I went with friends to the Slam Dunk north festival at Leeds University Union and despite struggling to get near the stage for a couple of bands we still had a great time and saw most of the band's we wanted to see.

Highlights had to be We Are The Ocean who played a great set full of old songs, Deaf Havana who had the crowd singing along all set long, Pierce the Veil who absolutely killed their headline slot in the marquee tent outside and Yashin who played the craziest gig I've ever been to in a tiny bar in the depths of the Uni.

On top of that, today I'm travelling to Manchester to see Muse for the second time at the Etihad Stadium. I'm ridiculously excited, Muse are my favourite band of all time, the stage for this tour looks awesome and the setlist is both insanely long and full of brilliant songs.

27 song set list for Muse, Green Day are doing 30 at least tonight ;) I'll have a full review of that up tomorrow when I've recovered.

Good to see you enjoyed Yashin, I saw them at a tiny club in Leicester and they were amazing then. When a band has a mosh pit the size of the room they are in you know its awesome. I'll agree with Deaf Havana also being great crowd pleasers as they were at Reading too.

Well I went and saw the Deftones 2 weeks ago. As they are my favourite band they were not disappointing one bit :D:D:D:D It was awesome!! Letlive supported them so I looked up some of their stuff a few days before and really liked it. Deftones though... flawless!!

deftones1.jpg

Solo
27 song set list for Muse, Green Day are doing 30 at least tonight ;) I'll have a full review of that up tomorrow when I've recovered.

Good to see you enjoyed Yashin, I saw them at a tiny club in Leicester and they were amazing then. When a band has a mosh pit the size of the room they are in you know its awesome. I'll agree with Deaf Havana also being great crowd pleasers as they were at Reading too.

Muse was just incredible man, the crowd was insane, they played for well over two hours and they played some great songs we weren't expecting like Bliss and Stockholm Syndrome. Hands down the best night of my life!

Have to agree on Yashin, the full room pit was crazy, I'll definitely have to check out their next headline tour :)

EDIT: Nice to hear you enjoyed Deftones, Dust, I'm seeing them at Leeds Fest this summer so it's great to hear they're as good live as I expected.

Last edited:
Oh my god, Green Day at the emirates was amazing.

Got their at 8:45 and got the wristbands to get into the "golden circle", then just chilled around, went and met some people from the green day community forum. They opened the gates at around 4:15. I managed to get kinda second row just right from the middle.

All time low came on at 5:20, they were reasonable. Then Kaiser Chiefs after them, they were brilliant, played lots of their old songs that everyone knew.

Here is a vid I took of Modern Way, (Crowd was far more lively then it looks in the video, every suddenly seemed to stand still during the duration of my recording for some reason.)

It was absolutely packed (the gig broke the Emirates all time attendance record), at the front you literally couldn't move, quite a few people fainted from the heat and had to be dragged out by security.

Green Day came on and and played an awesome set, lots of new stuff and lots of old stuff all mixed together, including some songs they rarely play such as Nice Guys Finish Last, and Waiting. I took this video of Letterbomb, sorry the sound is abit weird.
(LOTS OF LANGUAGE WARNING.)

It was such a good gig and Green Day looked to be really enjoying performing again (look at gigs they did last year before Billie's meltdown and you will see the difference.).

Here are some pics I took if anyone's interested. ;)

944493_3253940042982_846619584_n.jpg

954833_3253949723224_469884534_n.jpg

933942_3253936162885_939558748_n.jpg

And of course the drunk bunny.
922678_3253944443092_107482286_n.jpg

Sounds insanely good dude! I'd have definitely been there had Muse been on a different day; at least I get to see Green Day at Leeds fest anyway, I cannot wait.

That golden circle thing confused me, how come they separated the crowd like that? Safety reasons?

Sounds insanely good dude! I'd have definitely been there had Muse been on a different day; at least I get to see Green Day at Leeds fest anyway, I cannot wait.

That golden circle thing confused me, how come they separated the crowd like that? Safety reasons?

I think it was for safety reasons to avoid a crush, yeah.

Mike Dirnt posted on his instagram last night as a comment to someone "don't worry, the UK will probably be seeing more of me this year then my kids will be, all in due time.", so I think they must have something big planned. I hope they do anyway. Hope you enjoy Leeds.

I was no more than a couple of meters from you Isbf1, I was to your left I reckon from the pictures! I was 2-5th row in the front pit just off to the right of stage centre like in your pictures. All Time Low I felt were a much better support act than Kaiser Chiefs who put on an average show again much like at Reading last year. Then there was Green Day themselves. Wow. Being right down at the front of such a huge crowd was an amazing experience, and having only arrived 2 hours before doors we did well to get where we were, but so very different to when I was in a similar place at the secret set at Reading last year (which was crazy for different reasons).

The set list they played was a superb blend of live classics (minority, basket case, longview etc) and more unusual songs, with missing you being played live for the first time ever, just like you mentioned. King for a Day is one of my favourite songs of theirs live and they smashed it along with Hitchin' a Ride. I now have in my possesion some of Billie Joe's toilet roll after just missing it at Reading so I'm happy about that, and that is one of the things that makes their gigs so special, his interactions with the crowd be it with a bog roll gun, a hose pipe, a t-shirt gun or getting everyone singing along it creates an amazing atmosphere.

tumblr_mnrlsslF2m1qewgv7o1_400.gif

(Where the toilet roll is being grabbed is where I was standing)

Probably the best gig I've been to and the band as Isbf1 said were in great spirits with as much energy as each time I've seen them before (pre meltdown at Reading he was still pretty up for it, maybe due to the nature of the set though) even if those around me in the crowd didn't seem to understand that you are going to get pushed around and that having your fists digging into a persons back is very painful I had a great night.

Roll on next time I get to see them :D
5867_490359327701624_1133442673_n.jpg

1770_490359524368271_1619670062_n.jpg

922922_490359897701567_1212751598_n.jpg

7300_490360374368186_1550797095_n.jpg

426760_490360787701478_182448504_n.jpg

7507_490361047701452_1389628025_n.jpg

397414_490361114368112_1776951890_n.jpg

Last edited:
I guess people stopped seeing concerts in 2013? :lol:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have a concert to review. Admittedly a little late since it was in February 2014, but hey... it's still newer than anything else in here. :P

Saw Nine Inch Nails at Studio Coast in Tokyo last year with some friends. Thanks to one of 'em, we got there late and missed the first three songs. I was quite livid about that, and kinda soured my mood. But it didn't take long for that to change once we got there.

The setlist was geared toward hardcore obsessed fans, with a couple of their popular live staples (Closer, March of the Pigs, Wish) notably absent. There was a significant amount of newer songs on the list, with a quarter of the songs played being from the latest album and many more being from the previous two albums. A few older songs were played, but not many. And this made me glad, personally. I wasn't interested in seeing a "greatest hits" playlist.

There were some notable mistakes on two songs (Copy of A & The Great Destroyer)... both of which were Trent either screwing up or completely blanking on the lyrics. But aside from those, it was a overall great performance. If I had anything to complain about, it's that it felt like it was over in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, I'll be going to Summer Sonic in August and I'll be sure to post a review for that too. Though honestly I'm not too sure what to expect... there's only a couple artists performing that I'm somewhat familiar with (Marilyn Manson, Imagine Dragons, Pharrell Williams, The Chemical Brothers, Ariana Grande). So if anybody wants to look at the lineup and tell me if there's anything I should check out, please do: http://www.summersonic.com/2015/lineup/

Back