rFactor 2 'Two Strong' DLC Released: Aston Martin Vantage GTE and McLaren Senna GTR

I still don't know what to think of rFactor 2. I have it, played it but still looks like an ancient game.

The McLaren Senna GTR, if I'm correct, isn't homologated for GTE, is it? I think that's what the article says but I wanted to be sure.

The McLaren Senna GTR, if I'm correct, isn't homologated for GTE, is it? I think that's what the article says but I wanted to be sure.

No it’s part of the new Hypercar class that is replacing LMP1. We don’t have the numbers yet on HP/Weight but I’ve done some testing and it’s blowing the doors off GTEs, steadily getting by LMP2 cars. I’d guess 800hp+.
Awesome car to drive although it does handle quite a bit GT3ish and that rear wing is atrocious.

No it’s part of the new Hypercar class that is replacing LMP1. We don’t have the numbers yet on HP/Weight but I’ve done some testing and it’s blowing the doors off GTEs, steadily getting by LMP2 cars. I’d guess 800hp+.
Awesome car to drive although it does handle quite a bit GT3ish and that rear wing is atrocious.

Is that confirmed that the Senna GTR is gonna be in that class? I thought that only Aston Martin and Toyota have confirmed their entries, respectively being the Valkyrie and Gazoo SuperSports Concept. I also would’ve thought that new Speedtail would be the one picked for the Hypercar class but whatever.

Is that confirmed that the Senna GTR is gonna be in that class? I thought that only Aston Martin and Toyota have confirmed their entries, respectively being the Valkyrie and Gazoo SuperSports Concept. I also would’ve thought that new Speedtail would be the one picked for the Hypercar class but whatever.

It's not confirmed, just a hypercar class car. McLaren said back in March that F1 is their top priority and they would not race the Senna in WEC but I hope they change their minds.

Yeah McLaren needs to get it together considering they have 2 different models they can choose to commit to for this new hypercar class. The Senna, speedtail.

No, McLaren have announced nothing about Hypercar. They did recently say that a programme will be somewhat dependent on the 2021 F1 budget cap.

Also, Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus have also announced a Hypercar project. In fact they were the first to do so. ByKolles and Oreca plan on being there for 2020 but have yet to confirm it.

Last edited:
It's not confirmed, just a hypercar class car. McLaren said back in March that F1 is their top priority and they would not race the Senna in WEC but I hope they change their minds.

I get that McLaren has been in F1 for a long time, and the sport has influenced a lot of their cars, but I'd imagine that WEC has potential to have a better profit margin than F1, potentially.

I still don't know what to think of rFactor 2. I have it, played it but still looks like an ancient game.
phisics are awesome, absolutely the best for drifting, also graphics quality varies a lot from track to track and car to car, with some being quite nice to look at. You also get LOTS of high- quality mods with cars that are not available in other sims (excluding low-quality AC mods).
To each his own, but it's a sim worth having.

it s ps1 game .

Idiot.

Pretty late to the Rfactor 2 party myself but wow this game just feels right. Ok, the graphics aren't on part with stuff like PC but if you play in VR (which is smooth as hell compared to PC2) you soon forget about little graphical things and the feel that wheel is just spot on.

The only annoying thing is the workshop double downloads into two locations. Most content seems really quite good for mods. Great sim.

Latest Posts

Back