rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Six new FREE cars release today.
All different variants across the world of the popular Tatuus F3.

Now these I will have some fun with as I always loved the Tatuus in AC.

So, I haven't really been following rFactor 2 news. Surprised to learn it was released in 2013. I thought it was much younger. Also, I knew the rFactor engine is what was used in the Grand Tour video game, but I was unaware that it was also used to train the GT Academy winners, as well. So, even Polyphony Digital gives mad respect to it. And...oh look, it's on sale. I shall have to pick this up on Monday.

So, I haven't really been following rFactor 2 news. Surprised to learn it was released in 2013. I thought it was much younger. Also, I knew the rFactor engine is what was used in the Grand Tour video game, but I was unaware that it was also used to train the GT Academy winners, as well. So, even Polyphony Digital gives mad respect to it. And...oh look, it's on sale. I shall have to pick this up on Monday.

I could write a book about rfactor but won't bore you.
Studio 397 took it over from ISI a few years ago.
Marcel Offermans heads it up and is not only a hell of a guy, but an avid sim racer who is quite fast.

I've had the opportunity to race him on a few occasions as every now and then he'll dip in a public server.

Anyway, since taking over they have put out some brilliant car/track packs. I highly recommend the GT3 Challengers pack and perhaps Sebring or LeMans to start.

I won't tell you it's the greatest commercial sim available when it comes to the physics, you should find out yourself.

https://www.studio-397.com

Yeah, I wanna get those. Not many games have Sebring, and frankly, with so many touting themselves as supporting the WEC, it's kind of an insult not to include Sebring.

Oh yeah, also, I guess they originally made Sports Car GT. Which I have, but cannot get to run on my computer. So rFactor 2 is a good substitute.

Except for the occasional screen flickering. It really doesn't like it when stuff is running in the background in windowed mode.

gfhgfftf.jpg
its happening...omg omg omg :D Hours...maybe release tomorrow?

Does anybody know at around what time of the year RF2 goes on Sale?

I recently have made the switch from PS4 to PC and am looking to get all the big titles but want to try and keep the costs down as much as I can.

Does anybody know at around what time of the year RF2 goes on Sale?

I recently have made the switch from PS4 to PC and am looking to get all the big titles but want to try and keep the costs down as much as I can.
The same story here. I bough everything but rF2 DLCs. Check the prices, it's crazy high for rather beta version. But I love rF2. Price of the base game is low because almost nothing licensed is there and it's very old. DLCs looks great but it's about $200.

I bough some DLCs but need more. My guess is it will be on sale next month with big sale. If not, there should be something soon. On New year sale base game was but I didn't check the DLCs.

The same story here. I bough everything but rF2 DLCs. Check the prices, it's crazy high for rather beta version. But I love rF2. Price of the base game is low because almost nothing licensed is there and it's very old. DLCs looks great but it's about $200.

I bough some DLCs but need more. My guess is it will be on sale next month with big sale. If not, there should be something soon. On New year sale base game was but I didn't check the DLCs.

Every now and then (usually around winter and summer) there are sales on existing DLC content, though content released within the last 6 month's tends to stay at full price, while those over a year and a half tend to be much cheaper.

Last edited:
Every now and then (usually around winter and summer) there are sales on existing DLC content, though content released within the last 6 month's tends to stay at full price, while those over a year and a half tend to be much cheaper.
Ah, thanks. I recently bought Spa and Endurance bundle 2 so it's fine. The content quality is great. Still about $120+ in DLCs for full price I don't have. If I play game very often, the price is not a problem but I started this month.

This game is awesome. Today they updated already great Sebring to newest standards.

I fully agree with this video but funny thing is I have the same feeling on a gamepad. No other game is even close to it. Completely different world.

I also noticed this while purchasing ACC yesterday as most of their DLC's were discounted for less then the game and their most recent DLC was discounted for far less then their earlier ones.

Ah, thanks. I recently bought Spa and Endurance bundle 2 so it's fine. The content quality is great. Still about $120+ in DLCs for full price I don't have. If I play game very often, the price is not a problem but I started this month.
Thanks for all of the information fellas 👍.

It's incredibly frustrating to have spent all of that money on PS4 for PCARS 2, F1 2020, AC, ACC, DIRT RALLY 2.0 and all of theiir DLC's to have to go through it all again financially when trying to buy the same titles for PC :indiff:.

Funny thing is, RF2 was going to be the first title I got but of course, things like this hardly ever go as planned :D. So pCARS 2, ACC, AMS 2 (bought new) AC just went up on Sale and I snagged them all. F1 2020 ended up being free because of a Wheel Promo for purchasing a CSL Elite through Fanatec last year and now the only major Sim Title that's left is the best one - RF2.. :lol: Amazing how some things go.

Hopefully, RF2 will also go up on Sale within the next month or two and I'll be able to capitalize on that deal.

Back